Black Lightning - The TV series

Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese....Joined: Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited May 18 in General Discussion

Synopsis:
Jefferson Pierce is a man wrestling with a secret. Nine years ago, Pierce was gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, which he used to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life and his family on the line, he left his Super Hero days behind. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, Black Lightning returns — to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community.

The new DC TV show on the CW..........this one will unlikley be a part of the Arrowverse.

Cress Williams - Jefferson Pierce / Black Lightning
China Anne McClain - Jennifer Pierce
Nafessa Williams - Anissa Pierce

I wonder if the show will have his daughters eventually showcase their own powers............
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trying to ride the lightning of that Luke Cage success I see.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,292
    It would be cool if Static showed up in this show as his protege.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm looking forward to this. I wish it was set in the Arrow-Flashverse but I'm fine with it not.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,033
    Whats with the LED suit tho?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    It cant be just me who wants to see Joe West appear for a Best TV Dad tag team?

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,623
    Wasted that's a damn good idea.
    Wasted wrote: »
    It cant be just me who wants to see Joe West appear for a Best TV Dad tag team?

You're leaving out Diggle. It can be like DC's version of "Three The Hard Way".

C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 20
    .....why does he need a suit? its almost like they took static shock and gave him arthritis. plot walks way too similar a line as static. has black lightening always been that way and i just didnt know?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »
    .....why does he need a suit? its almost like they took static shock and gave him arthritis. plot walks way too similar a line as static. has black lightening always been that way and i just didnt know?

That's Static's fault. Black Lightning did the Black Electricity Man thing first.

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So...I'm guessing the suit/gear helps him control the power..? I thought his powers were natural, and it appears to still be the case, but it also seems like the suit has some special tech built into it as well.

Since it is CW, I am sure they will deliver on the hotness/eye-candy front as well. The daughters look good so far, and I'm sure they'll have some gorgeous friends too. This network always comes through for us when it comes to that.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,380
    RockBogart wrote: »

Yes BL has always been this way.
    Year One[edit]
    A gold medal-winning Olympic decathlete, Jefferson Pierce returned to his old neighborhood in the Southside (Suicide Slum) section of the city of Metropolis, with his wife Lynn Stewart and his daughter Anissa to become the principal of Garfield High School. Southside as it was once known was where his father - renowned journalist Alvin Pierce - had been murdered. Guilt over this event was a factor in his decision to leave the city of Metropolis. Suicide Slum was being torn apart by a local organized criminal gang called the 100, shady corporations, and crooked local politicians like Tobias Whale. Peter Gambi, a family friend and tailor, had taught a much younger Jefferson how to suppress his inborn metahuman abilities so that he would not accidentally hurt any of the people he cared about.[12] Upon his return Gambi suggested to Jefferson that he should use his powers to help the neighborhood, and refers him to a plaque with the paraphrased Milo Sweetman quote "Justice, like lightning, should ever appear to some men hope, to other men fear." (the original text of which was "Justice, like lightning, ever should appear to few men's ruin, but to all men's fear. Of mortal justice if thou scorn the rod, believe and tremble, thou art judged of God.") Appalled by the public murder of Earl Clifford, one of his more promising students, Pierce tried to intervene on behalf of the schoolchildren, but quickly learned that the 100 objected violently to any interference.[2][13] Pierce adopts the costumed identity "Black Lightning". Years later, he would tell fellow African American superhero Mister Terrific that he chose the name Black Lightning because he "was the only one of us around" at the time, and he "wanted to make sure everyone knew who they were dealing with."[14]

The suit makes sense since hes probably tired of getting shot and stabbed in his old age :rofl:

Some kevlar, carbon fiber panels, metal panels or even numerous thick layers of linen would of been better than no protection.
    Difference between Luke Cage and Black Lighting is that Cage's super power is to be piratically immune from hard while Black Lighting as electrical like powers.

You want some sort of body protection of you are going to go off playing super powered vigilante.

Also the numerous thick layers of linen as armor is a thing, it's called a Gambeson it was worn as armor during the medieval ages ether alone as is, under chain mail or a thinner version called an arming doublet under plate armor.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist

That's Static's fault. Black Lightning did the Black Electricity Man thing first.

in the hood?
    RockBogart wrote: »

Yes BL has always been this way.

The suit makes sense since hes probably tired of getting shot and stabbed in his old age :rofl:

never learned to have a forcefield?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

in the hood?

Suicide Slum, the hood of Metropolis, yes.

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,947

in the hood?

Suicide Slum, the hood of Metropolis, yes.

Yeah, he did it first but one can argue who did it better. Either way, I will give it a shot, although I feel icky about it. There are too many super hero shoes out there and Iron Fist can't be the only one to fuck up after a quality string of successes ranging from serviceable to very good.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    C.O.P.A

lol this show just tryin to outblack blackish and luke cage

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • SavagerySavagery Joined: Posts: 52
    Concept is solid so i'll give it a try. It's just that suit looks helluva stupid!
    Savagery wrote: »
    Concept is solid so i'll give it a try. It's just that suit looks helluva stupid!

It's kinda hard to make comic book superhero costumes to look alright on a budget.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,782
    Darksakul wrote: »

It's kinda hard to make comic book superhero costumes to look alright on a budget.

They made the Flash look decent, and that guy has the silliest costume ever.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

The costume he wore during his younger years actually looks good. They should have stuck with it instead of the stupid looking armor one.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    po pimpus wrote: »

They made the Flash look decent, and that guy has the silliest costume ever.

flash looks like they had a decent budget...this not so much.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Like I can see LEDs installed into someone's cosplay, but obvious LEDs in a TV Show's Super suit is stupid.
    Even if the Superhero's powers is electrical.

If the Suit honestly called for LEDs its one thing, but there nothing in Black Lighting that needed that many LEDs in a suit.
    Even if the suit had tech, it maybe needed a few indicator lights, not to be more LEDs than Daff Punk.

Also the suit obviously foam rubber

Why is it this Fan Film has a better Black Lighting than CW does?

probably cause this feels more like someone owed someone a favor. this was really a random ass pick for a show. legends and black lightening are weird properties for cw to do. plenty of sure fire money makers they coulda used. i mean...WHERE THE FUCK IS CONSTANTINE??

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,637
    Should've did a Static show instead *runs away*

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Should've did a Static show instead *runs away*

they wanna introduce him if the show does well.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited October 7

probably cause this feels more like someone owed someone a favor. this was really a random ass pick for a show. legends and black lightening are weird properties for cw to do. plenty of sure fire money makers they coulda used. i mean...WHERE THE FUCK IS CONSTANTINE??

Tried it on NBC..........didn't work out.
    I really enjoyed Constantine though......I was hoping it would continue on the CW.
    At least the existing episodes are on the CW seed.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Constantine has had like three chances on TV and gotten bodied each time.

Yet somehow, they keep trying it when there's already a successful version of Constantine called Supernatural...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Yet somehow, they keep trying it when there's already a successful version of Constantine called Supernatural...

Yeah...........can't even hate that notion.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    i mean...WHERE THE FUCK IS CONSTANTINE??
    That at least I hope they can get the costume right

Obviously you never read Constantine then. Sam and Dean is nowhere near John Constantine levels.

Constantine can cake walk shit that Sam and Dean has to run from, Constantine don't just hunt demons, he go after angels and fey as well.
    He regularly takes on shit that bodies like likes of Superman and Batman and gives two shits about it.
    edited October 7
    I know exactly what Constantine can do which is why a 1 for 1 translation to TV isn't gonna work.

You'd have to make it more like Supernatural to fit TV, unless you're giving the show a movie budget and HBO/Netflix levels of freedom.

Which is why Constantine hasn't worked on TV... He's too big for the medium.
    I know exactly what Constantine can do which is why a 1 for 1 translation to TV isn't gonna work.

You'd have to make it more like Supernatural to fit TV, unless you're giving the show a movie budget and HBO/Netflix levels of freedom.

Which is why Constantine hasn't worked on TV... He's too big for the medium.

Constantine didn't work as they tried to put that shit on NBC on a stupid time slot for a new show.
    They may as well stick it on CBS for all the care they gave it, and it got canceled faster than a show on Fox.

Plus the people who adapted the show didn't really get the feel for Constantine at all, The Keanu Reeves Movie did a better job than that TV show.
    And you don't need a huge budget, you need is just time to respect and understand the source material.
    Constantine make Supernatural look like Scooby Doo.

Three times that wasn't a shitty NBC channel? A cross over episode don't count. They didn't put any real effort in trying to bring it back and make it work. If cw did its thing it would do well.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Can't wait for this show. Hoping it delivers.
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 436
    edited October 15
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ