im online
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,419
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    So guys

Zeku in 3 days

right?

Could be honestly

nobody cares about zeku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,862 mod
    Abigail and Ibuki premiums next week.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero It's time for Halloween. Where dem succubus functions? Joined: Posts: 3,143
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

This seems... fair

Balrog is fucking disgusting

Gouki: "I am the master of the fi- GAH!"

Balrog: "NIGGA, WHAT?!"
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• YorKeYYorKeY Suffer like G did... Joined: Posts: 7,284
    edited October 12
    Fighting games are alot of work, but moba's are much more stressful, and actually take a considerable amount of work to be good at.

I find it very hard to get mad on fighting games anymore after playing moba's, the fact that you don't have to rely on toxic/shitty teammates is already a godsend, and the fact that matches are so short (2-3 minutes? tops) compared to the average 35 minute moba match (they can go longer) it's basically no contest in which one is more stressful. In moba's all it takes is ONE toxic person to ruin a match, and you're stuck in there for the next 20-35 minutes losing all cause someone got tilted and raged, and you can't leave or you'll suffer penalties, this happens A LOT, not just once in a blue moon. Winning is basically everything in moba's thanks to the way the system is designed, it's not as simple as taking the moral high ground and saying " learn how to accept defeat " like in lets say fighting games where losing is within your control.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 357
    YorKeY wrote: »
    Fighting games are alot of work, but moba's are much more stressful, and actually take a considerable amount of work to be good at.

I find it very hard to get mad on fighting games anymore after playing moba's, the fact that you don't have to rely on toxic/shitty teammates is already a godsend, and the fact that matches are so short (2-3 minutes? tops) compared to the average 35 minute moba match it's basically no contest in which one is more stressful. In moba's all it takes is ONE toxic person to ruin a match, and you're stuck in there for the next 20-35 minutes losing all cause someone got tilted and raged, and you can't leave or you'll suffer penalties, this happens A LOT, not just once in a blue moon. Winning is basically everything in moba's thanks to the way the system is designed, it's not as simple as taking the moral high ground and saying " learn how to accept defeat " like in lets say fighting games where losing is within your control.

This is exactly why I stopped playing Dota2, the game itself is amazing but I'm just too old for the 40 minutes long games and all the toxicity (people who thinks the FGC is toxic or entitled should really try those games)
    edited October 12
    stronzolo wrote: »

I find it very hard to get mad on fighting games anymore after playing moba's, the fact that you don't have to rely on toxic/shitty teammates is already a godsend, and the fact that matches are so short (2-3 minutes? tops) compared to the average 35 minute moba match it's basically no contest in which one is more stressful. In moba's all it takes is ONE toxic person to ruin a match, and you're stuck in there for the next 20-35 minutes losing all cause someone got tilted and raged, and you can't leave or you'll suffer penalties, this happens A LOT, not just once in a blue moon. Winning is basically everything in moba's thanks to the way the system is designed, it's not as simple as taking the moral high ground and saying " learn how to accept defeat " like in lets say fighting games where losing is within your control.

This is exactly why I stopped playing Dota2, the game itself is amazing but I'm just too old for the 40 minutes long games and all the toxicity (people who thinks the FGC is toxic or entitled should really try those games)

Exactly, i'm too far in to just quit (a few thousand hours) I have never played a game more than this game in my life, and it's literally the only game I can't recommend to people.
    Dota 2 player.

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,434

I find it very hard to get mad on fighting games anymore after playing moba's, the fact that you don't have to rely on toxic/shitty teammates is already a godsend, and the fact that matches are so short (2-3 minutes? tops) compared to the average 35 minute moba match (they can go longer) it's basically no contest in which one is more stressful. In moba's all it takes is ONE toxic person to ruin a match, and you're stuck in there for the next 20-35 minutes losing all cause someone got tilted and raged, and you can't leave or you'll suffer penalties, this happens A LOT, not just once in a blue moon. Winning is basically everything in moba's thanks to the way the system is designed, it's not as simple as taking the moral high ground and saying " learn how to accept defeat " like in lets say fighting games where losing is within your control.

I just don't understand how people play shit like this. I've heard stories from guys who will say stuff about how when they rage at FG's, their wives/GF's will ask why play if it makes you pissed. But at least with FG's being a cesspit of misery, at least you can rely on your own abilities to overcome. But in MOBA's/Team based games I don't understand why people put themselves through that BS. My sis plays allot of team based games on PS4 and every time I step into the living room, she's cursing people out calling them fagg0ts and getting mad because someone doesn't want to be a team player.

I just don't like the idea of having to rely on other people to be good. My sister played Uncharted/OW/Paragon on a online warrior comp level and she could never have consistent rank because she had to rely on other people. She'd tell me she couldn't stay in Plat league because her team sucks or some such BS the game had that was abusable at that level. I just don't understand how people find that shit fun. I tried getting into Paragon (a gorgeous game) but was soooooooo fucking bored spamming the same shit over and over and over again.

If SFV died right now I'd move to T7. If T7 died right after I go to GG. If GG died, KoF. I'm never wasting my time playing team based garbage.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 905
    Real talk, how do you people think DragonBall FighterZ will do ?

There are a lot of Dragon Ball fans but they are not necessarily fighting game fans. The game itself looks pretty damn fun and very loyal to the anime series. I just hope it won't fall of the radar before it even manages to build a playerbase.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    edited October 12
    Skort wrote: »

There are a lot of Dragon Ball fans but they are not necessarily fighting game fans. The game itself looks pretty damn fun and very loyal to the anime series. I just hope it won't fall of the radar before it even manages to build a playerbase.

sale wise? it will be most likely the most selled fighting game made by arc sys.
    we will have to see if it reaches nr numbers.
    long term player wise...depends on the final roster and game mechanics.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,099
    Even HnK fg was made by Arc Sys, tell me where is now.. People gonna play the game for sure, but I don't think it will last like Marvel as a tag team based game.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281

Sales are not something I expect to be an issue. Looking at sales charts the absolute minimum I would expect based off of past performance for what can charitably be called previous DBZ fighting games is half a million units. That, obviously, would be a disappointment but keep in mind that 500,000 copies are being sold to basically only people who are fans of DBZ. For something like DBFZ you have a likely not insignificant number of people like me. That is to say, those who give ~0 fucks about DBZ but who are interested in DBFZ purely as a fighting game.

How well it sticks around will likely depend on two factors:
    1. How good is the game itself?
    2. How much is (or is not) MvC:I struggling (broadly defined) when DBFZ releases?

That second point is interesting to me as I do not own MvC:I nor have I played it at all but watching NLBC last night the game already looks like it's devolving pretty quickly into 'Millia Simulator 2017' and I'm not sure people are liking that. If one were to take a shot every time the people on commentary said 'setplay' one would be dead from alcohol poisoning inside of a single match.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,434
    I think DBFZ is gonna be middle of the road for comp play but gonna sell like hotcakes to the casuals which is what Bamco is banking on. Most of the characters on the surface look like the play the same and the only thing that really stands out is when 6 supers are filling the screen at once.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 357
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    you thought Dota had toxic players? play league of legends and get stuck with a troll who purposely gives the other team kills making it harder to fight the enemy team just because he argued with someone on your team then your team will refuse to surrender the match so you're stuck playing a 40-60 min match you for sure wont win happens in like 80% of the matches

I know, I used to read LoL boards for fun, the stuff you can read on the tribunal...

I just don't understand how people play shit like this. I've heard stories from guys who will say stuff about how when they rage at FG's, their wives/GF's will ask why play if it makes you pissed. But at least with FG's being a cesspit of misery, at least you can rely on your own abilities to overcome. But in MOBA's/Team based games I don't understand why people put themselves through that BS. My sis plays allot of team based games on PS4 and every time I step into the living room, she's cursing people out calling them fagg0ts and getting mad because someone doesn't want to be a team player.

I just don't like the idea of having to rely on other people to be good. My sister played Uncharted/OW/Paragon on a online warrior comp level and she could never have consistent rank because she had to rely on other people. She'd tell me she couldn't stay in Plat league because her team sucks or some such BS the game had that was abusable at that level. I just don't understand how people find that shit fun. I tried getting into Paragon (a gorgeous game) but was soooooooo fucking bored spamming the same shit over and over and over again.

If SFV died right now I'd move to T7. If T7 died right after I go to GG. If GG died, KoF. I'm never wasting my time playing team based garbage.

Is your sister hot? Post a pic.

I love my sis but she's def not one of those hot gamer grill types.
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 293
    edited October 12

It's going to sell fine, theres going to be a lot of interest in it
    The game itself looks rather simple but I promise you that it being an ArcSys game things will get difficult, I bet that...
    - there will be combos based on IADing after a grounded normal
    - converting max damage off of a stray hit will probably not be easy. ArcSys games typically have a lot of variables to account for like the damage/hitstun proration of different button strengths. Marvel infinite has this too, but it's different because in Marvel you can throw your combo confirm moves during a blockstring and if it doesn't work out just tag. DBFZ seems to have a lot of unsafe specials or punishable starters, so you'll likely need to be careful with your strings or keep a pressure extending assist on deck if you want a safe offense. Moves that give you really nice long windows to do what you want on hit are more rare in ArcSys games too.

That game is going to look a lot different when people are consistently punishing raw homing dash, it's going to be drawn out ranged fights with explosive damage and mixups once someone gets in, which is probably a more patient game than the DBZ crowd bargained for.
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
  • iAntiqueiAntique Joined: Posts: 114

Is your sister hot? Post a pic.

I love my sis but she's def not one of those hot gamer grill types.

Sad. But then again, Im not one of those hot gamer guy types.

• Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,343
    I think at least some people like MOBAs and team based "competitive" games because they let you put the blame on others more believably. There's obviously lots of people that play DOTA and counter strike and such with the same competitive attitude that the fgc has, otherwise there wouldn't be pros but team games are much more appealing to the deluded scrub, especially since "I lost because of my team" is actually true to some extent a lot of the time. The better question I would ask myself when I played DOTA was, did my team win because of me? (hint: no)

I don't play dota anymore
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep Grzmot Joined: Posts: 984
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »

bout to watch this shit

jfep.gif
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,862 mod
    edited October 12
    DBZ will sell pretty well. There are some people who think DBZ is stepping on Xenoverses trenches and probably won't buy due to that, but other than that should do well. Graphics that have real money and work out into them plus the most relevant DBZ characters pretty much all showing up is a good sign for good sales.

As far as competitively will likely be the most popular game competitively they've ever had. Finally releasing a game that won't just cater to hard animu lovers. DBZ is a bigger property that people who don't give a shit about anime at least used to watch or know about. If they like fighting games that can get them in competitively. Giving room to get those people in competitively that may not have thought about it with a standard anime game.

Marvel is the broken game without many rules so set play is expected. The way the game is going you'll likely have to have a character with an invincible level 1 to not have to play the "who gets to setplay first" game every match. Lot of the setplays people are getting around in tournaments now can be mitigated with invincible level 1. Plus stone storm guard cancels which make you completely invincible and work on incoming. Same like how everyone says you die in one combo in Marvel 3, but realistically hidden missiles and phoenix kept the game 2 player ish well enough.

I expect DBZ to be set play heavy since there's never been an arksys game that hasn't been. Especially with the assist call system it's almost guaranteed to happen. The nice thing about DBZ though is that after a character dies the round is reset (I'm assuming this happens on point characters, but not sure about assist deaths). I don't personally care for it much since it breaks up the action too much and reminds me too much of the constant clash battles in Injustice (especially when the clash animations in DBZ are all the same generic forearm bump thing), but competitively it works.

I prefer my edgy Capcom characters and full on oppression session so I'll stick with Marvel, but it should do well.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,358
    edited October 12
    I found my local group on FB and these ninjas play everything. Even Guilty fucking Gear. Now that I found them I'm nervous about going.

I'm bout to tell this chick to lose her man he's in the way. Blowing my shit.
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,343
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I found my local group on FB and these ninjas play everything. Even Guilty fucking Gear. Now that I found them I'm nervous about going.

I'm bout to tell this chick to lose her man he's in the way. Blowing my shit.

just do it
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 905
    The "Should Capcom die" video is actually pretty good, just watched it.

Good points on both "sides".

Clickbaity name for the title,but the video itself is done pretty good.
    edited October 12
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    you thought Dota had toxic players? play league of legends and get stuck with a troll who purposely gives the other team kills making it harder to fight the enemy team just because he argued with someone on your team then your team will refuse to surrender the match so you're stuck playing a 40-60 min match you for sure wont win happens in like 80% of the matches

I actually played both, League I hit plat pretty fast, on Dota i'm like Diamond if were comparing it to league rankings. I think Dota is far more toxic, that's just me though. Dota is usually where the more hardcore people go, League has a lot of females and casuals playing it for a reason, it's actually the most played game in the world cause it's entry barrier is easier than dota. (not saying league doesn't take skill though, cause it does)
    Dota 2 player.

• VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,358
    I think I begin to understand the youtuber complaints people got about youtube now

I just had a haggar combo video randomly filed as "potentially explicit and unsuitable for most advertisers"

This is like the 6th time this is happened, I dispute it every time and so far I have won the case for it every time, but its getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ed*

My youtube channel is basically my grocery money income now so I need youtube to fuck off and let me be able to buy the good bread instead of the shitty cheap flakey bread!!!!!

You know EC got them dirty setups when his shit gets flagged as explict lmao.
    The "Should Capcom die" video is actually pretty good, just watched it.

Good points on both "sides".

Clickbaity name for the title,but the video itself is done pretty good.

It's clickbaity but I don't think it toyed around with the subject matter like clickbait videos tend to. They asked all the hard questions while not being overly bias in favor of or against CC. I think that SFV had a shit launch and I understand why people were put off. But AE is basically coming to rectify that. If people still wanna hate on the core game play or that AE is too late to win them back then that's fine. SFV isn't gonna appeal to everyone just like SF4 didn't appeal to everyone.

I hope he makes more FGC videos like this. With us going more Eat Sportz these types of discussion are needed.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    Daemos wrote: »

It's a good thing he's cute. Well both are cute, but I think the guy on the right should weinstein me first.

its one person with two outfits...
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,632
    I think DBZ will do well in sells due to its name and how popular DBZ is but in terms of tournaments? i think it'll die out just like any game that ISN'T made by capcom, not trying to sound like a fan boy but everytime some anime game comes out they usually last a month or Two then disappear out the scene for some reason capcom games just pull people in and survive for a long time
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,436 mod
    ditn wrote: »
    im online

you around @ditn?
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 330
    Played this silver ranked Ken named "Numba1Headband"

Played Ken really clean.. Better then most diamond players I've come across.

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,777

Dude makes some really good points but should have gone in harder on Capcom for SF5, he just scratched the surface. But you shills will eat their shit up no matter what so they will live on.