MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

1538539541543544642

Comments

  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,845 mod
    @Evil Canadian can you ask Chris G why he doesn't use smart mines with Tony?

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,901
    So I went to locals and my IronTron was doing p okay til I ran into a DormTron who knewwhat to do. Went home and traded in tony for dante and power stone. Its time to play MSP in this game. get purple punched into setplay idgaf anymore
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 846
    That's the longest scrubquote I seen in a while.

    I don't care who's right or wrong here but I think it's funny that you called his stuff a scrubquote and then wrote "I agree" on a bunch of his points lol.

  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,392
    edited October 2017
    NickRocks wrote: »
    So I went to locals and my IronTron was doing p okay til I ran into a DormTron who knewwhat to do. Went home and traded in tony for dante and power stone. Its time to play MSP in this game. get purple punched into setplay idgaf anymore

    Why not just put tony behind tron?
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,289
    @Evil Canadian can you ask Chris G why he doesn't use smart mines with Tony?

    oh well its probably cause hes stupid and bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,288 mod
    Dime wrote: »
    NickRocks wrote: »
    So I went to locals and my IronTron was doing p okay til I ran into a DormTron who knewwhat to do. Went home and traded in tony for dante and power stone. Its time to play MSP in this game. get purple punched into setplay idgaf anymore

    Why not just put tony behind tron?
    This part of what he said should answer your question.
    Its time to play MSP
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You guys really dont think the combo system is a problem in the game? I said it day one of playing, the risk reward or reward for execution for what you do is awful. The game gives you a false sense of freedom, theres a idea that "everything" combos but when everything does the same damage, theres no reason not to just go for the simplest things. It makes it boring and unfun, and uncreative. Maybe the game is creative at "neutral" or mix up wise, or how you tag in and out. By right now the combo system is not creative because theres to many fail safes put into the game. I know theres this HSD glitch but right now that hasnt even been fully explained that I can see. But going back at the core idea of the game combo wise, tagging in and out of combos is almost a moot point to say its creative because for the most part you could always get teh same damage you could have just from the character you have on screen. So you are only switching out to super to super, or some mix up. Which again is something different than a true combo. Think about this for sake of argument random example so basic idea of the game combo wise is we get around half life. Once we reach this threshhold from whatever combo we are doing any excuse what so ever the other dude is gonna tech. But its half life for everyone.. all accross the board. So is it "fair" to have such a generic system or idea in place, when we have characters that can fill up the screen with fireballs crap all over the screen, but then I dunno again for sake of argument a character like hulk, also must obey by this rule who has less chances to open the opponent up, yet he still must play by the same rules once he finally hits you? Do you see the flaw in that idea of such a system? So no matter what you basically are gonna run into the sorta general idea that might be a knock on marvel, that the less "crazy" characters arent as good because they cant open you up as easily. And now even if you tried to balance the game by making a character do "more" damage, no one can really do "more" damage with such a system in place because its designed not to. Its fundamentally flawed in that way. Again I get there is this HSD thing people are talking about, but it doesnt seem to be truly full explained or if everyone can do it. So lets just go with the core idea of the combo system for the time being.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 5,035
    edited October 2017
    If I change anything about the game I'd allow you to choose which side your character enters during a counter switch, add more invincible anti airs, add whiff meter building, bring back chip damage, make mind stone a stone meter draining move with it's current properties and make it 3 vs 3 LOL
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,522
    @Veserius welcome back!
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • YorKeYYorKeY I talk about fighting games 10x more than I play them. Joined: Posts: 8,120
    edited October 2017
    I told everyone this would happen, it looks like MvCI's Steam population numbers are now stable, it's averaged 500 online players everyday all day no matter the time of day for the past 2 weeks now. So basically anyone who has left this game after week one has left, and now only the real players are left. Nigga's were saying " it's gonna have less than 100 players even before it's first month is over " nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    Currently playing: Tekken 7 & Rise of the Tomb Raider
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm
    I do art things with my hands, music things too.

  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 5,035
    That's not a whole lot but fuck it, I'm getting matches. Man, I tell you. I gotta get out of these random online matches. Fam never stay to play. Just had some matches where my dude really schooled me on best times to switch and forced me to stop that dumb shit he was doing. Its like the simplest shit you can do to maintain pressure that's retardedly effective in my opinion.

    Then I 4 frame jabbed. Too bad it was online so it's not always consistent. Other lesson learned throw + tag, to make throws worth it. I'm a tick throwing fiend in most games but in this game meh, sure it takes red life but really with the pressure in this game you NEED to get a follow up too.

    Games frustrating, yet fun...despite being hit by HSD infinites today it was still fun....ish.
  • aliasxnaliasxn I miss Guilty Gear Joined: Posts: 192
    Holy fucking shit, I had no idea you couldn't meaty with low attacks, I thought I was mistiming lol. I was mad salty because people would always catch me trying to chicken block, but when I did it they would successfully jump away.

    Btw:

    "Beam supers (especially in air) doing hard knockdowns"

    Why is this an issue?
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,289
    YorKeY wrote: »
    I told everyone this would happen, it looks like MvCI's Steam population numbers are now stable, it's averaged 500 online players everyday all day no matter the time of day for the past 2 weeks now. So basically anyone who has left this game after week one has left, and now only the real players are left. Nigga's were saying " it's gonna have less than 100 players even before it's first month is over " nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

    Nobody cares about or plays fighting games on pc
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,278
    That makes the cry for PC version so odd. As well as some indy fighters launching on PC. The install base just isn't there.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,289
    edited October 2017
    if its not one of those games that has a hojillion players like battlegrounds or counterstrike, most games on pc are doomed to wither away in a couple months. Even the average console game usually has staying power for at least a year even if its not a big hit.

    I remember when first (modern)starwars battlefront came out, within 3 weeks the pc version was down to <2000 players, while the consoles were rocking close to a million concurrent between xbox and ps4.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,392
    if its not one of those games that has a hojillion players like battlegrounds or counterstrike, most games on pc are doomed to wither away in a couple months. Even the average console game usually has staying power for at least a year even if its not a big hit.

    I remember when first (modern)starwars battlefront came out, within 3 weeks the pc version was down to <2000 players, while the consoles were rocking close to a million concurrent between xbox and ps4.

    No monkey. Stop lying.

    I played skullgirls all the time on PC and fightcade and GGPO are PC as well.

    I also play mvci on nothing but PC.

    May have to break out my PS4 version soon and put it on the good monitor, but I can get games if I ask for them.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,289
    Dime wrote: »
    if its not one of those games that has a hojillion players like battlegrounds or counterstrike, most games on pc are doomed to wither away in a couple months. Even the average console game usually has staying power for at least a year even if its not a big hit.

    I remember when first (modern)starwars battlefront came out, within 3 weeks the pc version was down to <2000 players, while the consoles were rocking close to a million concurrent between xbox and ps4.

    No monkey. Stop lying.

    I played skullgirls all the time on PC and fightcade and GGPO are PC as well.

    I also play mvci on nothing but PC.

    Your personal faults don't mean I say anything less than the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi EL FIN Joined: Posts: 1,221
    You guys really dont think the combo system is a problem in the game? I said it day one of playing, the risk reward or reward for execution for what you do is awful. The game gives you a false sense of freedom, theres a idea that "everything" combos but when everything does the same damage, theres no reason not to just go for the simplest things. It makes it boring and unfun, and uncreative. Maybe the game is creative at "neutral" or mix up wise, or how you tag in and out. By right now the combo system is not creative because theres to many fail safes put into the game. I know theres this HSD glitch but right now that hasnt even been fully explained that I can see. But going back at the core idea of the game combo wise, tagging in and out of combos is almost a moot point to say its creative because for the most part you could always get teh same damage you could have just from the character you have on screen. So you are only switching out to super to super, or some mix up. Which again is something different than a true combo. Think about this for sake of argument random example so basic idea of the game combo wise is we get around half life. Once we reach this threshhold from whatever combo we are doing any excuse what so ever the other dude is gonna tech. But its half life for everyone.. all accross the board. So is it "fair" to have such a generic system or idea in place, when we have characters that can fill up the screen with fireballs crap all over the screen, but then I dunno again for sake of argument a character like hulk, also must obey by this rule who has less chances to open the opponent up, yet he still must play by the same rules once he finally hits you? Do you see the flaw in that idea of such a system? So no matter what you basically are gonna run into the sorta general idea that might be a knock on marvel, that the less "crazy" characters arent as good because they cant open you up as easily. And now even if you tried to balance the game by making a character do "more" damage, no one can really do "more" damage with such a system in place because its designed not to. Its fundamentally flawed in that way. Again I get there is this HSD thing people are talking about, but it doesnt seem to be truly full explained or if everyone can do it. So lets just go with the core idea of the combo system for the time being.
    I'd rather have this than TODs.But it seems like those are going to be a problem anyway, and you can get stuck in million year long combos which also sucks.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,392
    Dime wrote: »
    if its not one of those games that has a hojillion players like battlegrounds or counterstrike, most games on pc are doomed to wither away in a couple months. Even the average console game usually has staying power for at least a year even if its not a big hit.

    I remember when first (modern)starwars battlefront came out, within 3 weeks the pc version was down to <2000 players, while the consoles were rocking close to a million concurrent between xbox and ps4.

    No monkey. Stop lying.

    I played skullgirls all the time on PC and fightcade and GGPO are PC as well.

    I also play mvci on nothing but PC.

    Your personal faults don't mean I say anything less than the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ... personal faults, when you're the console peasant!

    Ah, srk! Stay free!
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,845 mod
    @dialupsucky

    Tony and Strange are mad about that too. They're not going to take it.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can anyone tell me what is the exact reason this works yet though? I tried doing a 7K combo with ryu into stuff, and people were still teching, so i need something more specific, unless its weird like only certain moves allow it? Admittedly im not super invested on fooling with the game very much besides the videos ive made so someone is gonna have to explain it to me exactly because I still hvant seen a exact reason on why it works.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,845 mod
    Can anyone tell me what is the exact reason this works yet though? I tried doing a 7K combo with ryu into stuff, and people were still teching, so i need something more specific, unless its weird like only certain moves allow it? Admittedly im not super invested on fooling with the game very much besides the videos ive made so someone is gonna have to explain it to me exactly because I still hvant seen a exact reason on why it works.

    You're the combo guy, you're supposed to know. Can't let other people out combo you. Be one with the crack so you can crack the code.

    This is basically the new DHC glitch which was also discovered by Japanese wizardry. Except it was easier to figure out why that worked. Specifics for this will probably be tough to pin point.



    Marvel 2 had fair set play. J.Wong's honest pressure before the Tyranny of Sonicfox.


    APDKk1.gif

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,289
    Flamora blamora

  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,096
    just a little sidenote.
    4:3 aspect ratio is possible on pc for whatever reason with a extra tool but it kinda fucks up your hud in the menues
    but ingame its fine.

  • JohnPauliukJohnPauliuk Joined: Posts: 424
    I agree with dialup, this is really awful. To the point where low tiers are going to be forever locked into low tier because why would you play them at all unless they have a solid gimmick. It annoys me as a Ryu player when I want to end my combo with Tatsu Super and then they pop out after 5 hits of it and then get to be in perfect block thus making it pointless to go for any mix up with the tagged character.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 929
    ChrisG actually makes some fairly good points. He is 100% correct that push block should actually work and not just work against some things and projectiles should follow the same rules rather than "This projectile goes away if you look at it but this other one will beat everything in the game and can't be reflected".
    But then he contradicts himself. Like how do you say "Everything does 6K" and follow that up with "Pretty much TOD"? I get that he's referring to the HSD reset but how can you type that out and not notice?
    As much as I agree with some of his points, it does read like a ScrubQuote. If that was posted by "WolverinePlayer09er" people would happily shit on it but instead there's a shit load of people sucking his dick. I suppose just like this game there's inconsistencies in who's dick gets sucked and who gets laughed at.

    I agree with him regarding PushBlock and Projectile inconsistencies and adjusting PushBlock to actually work against shit would negate some of his other issues as well like Set Play. Set Play being escapable with a well timed pushblock or two would fix a lot of issues people have, at least in my opinion.

    I'm just really struggling to get past this "Everyone does 6K"/"TOD" shit. Considering you have to get to 7.3k in order to reset the HSD then surely that blows that point instantly out of the water before even mentioning how an actual TOD is a minimum of 9k. I know maths can be hard but 7.3k is a higher number that 6k.
  • aliasxnaliasxn I miss Guilty Gear Joined: Posts: 192
    Are people using the HSD glitch in actual matches?
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,371
    I agree with dialup, this is really awful. To the point where low tiers are going to be forever locked into low tier because why would you play them at all unless they have a solid gimmick. It annoys me as a Ryu player when I want to end my combo with Tatsu Super and then they pop out after 5 hits of it and then get to be in perfect block thus making it pointless to go for any mix up with the tagged character.

    There always going to be a high and low tier. It serms like you're not taking hsd into when doing your combos. So they need to be adjusted.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,478
    Secret tech
    Arthur can jump cancel his air projectiles. Idk if this is common knowledge, but I didn't see anything in the Arthur threads so I wanted to share.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 5,035
    aliasxn wrote: »
    Are people using the HSD glitch in actual matches?


    I've been hit by the HSD glitch in 8 matches on PC. Guy dropped it a few times. People WILL get good at them.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 135
    Secret tech
    Arthur can jump cancel his air projectiles. Idk if this is common knowledge, but I didn't see anything in the Arthur threads so I wanted to share.

    We aware of that. I think it was shown on MvC twitter
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,901
    Can anyone tell me what is the exact reason this works yet though? I tried doing a 7K combo with ryu into stuff, and people were still teching, so i need something more specific, unless its weird like only certain moves allow it? Admittedly im not super invested on fooling with the game very much besides the videos ive made so someone is gonna have to explain it to me exactly because I still hvant seen a exact reason on why it works.



    Marvel 2 had fair set play.

    Idk if id say fair...people got so fancy with magneto its hard to remember how simple you can kill people with one reset
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 5,035
    Honestly while it lasts a hot minute I find it easier to block in lockdown in MvCi than it is to black MSP regularly. That's just me.
  • DriftingsortDriftingsort Tight Lines Joined: Posts: 291
    Gamora's gun's being a physical attack makes all the sense now. Not sure if you guys saw the DLC stream but Sigma doesn't reflect but rather teleport when the guns hits his counter.
    Devour!
  • SonicabidSonicabid Jim Hussein Carrey Joined: Posts: 12,398
    NickRocks wrote: »
    So I went to locals and my IronTron was doing p okay til I ran into a DormTron who knewwhat to do. Went home and traded in tony for dante and power stone. Its time to play MSP in this game. get purple punched into setplay idgaf anymore

    Damn bro you were literally just hyping up Ironman like a motherfucker. :lol:

    Dante is Jesus tier in this game. He's like vanilla MvC3 Dante on crack with more tools. Literally all of his specials combo into other specials and free tag-ins. I'd also like to say that your DmC Dante in your AV is ugly af and disrespectful to DMC3 Dante. :tdown:
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Holy fuck FUCK THIS FUCKING GUN BOSS WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK MADE THEM THINK THIS FUCKING SHOTTY FUCKING BOSS WOULD BE ANY GODDAMN FUN. WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL?! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN FUCKING DESIGN THIS BULLSHIT.

    I SERIOUSLY starting to hate Kiwami. What in the FUCK is going on with the fucking balance in this game. Why in the FUCK is the arena more fun than this?! Why in the FUCK did they give you shitty sub-par crowd control and tie all of Beast's halfway decent crowd control and escape to fucking heat when you can fucking generate any of it?! Why the FUCK does heat generate SO fucking slowly?!

    Man, FUCK THIS FUCKING GODDAMN BULLSHIT

    The salt israel
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,275
    I realize ToDs matter, but to even use the HSD glitch you have to pump out 7.3k damage as your starter- pretty good chance that character is dying anyway. Not exactly the Spiderman infinite for game affecting.

    I actually like that there are lots of exceptions and idiosyncrasies to the projectile and pushblock rules. Complaining that damage is all the same while also complaining that moves aren't all the same just makes it sound like what he really likes is complaining.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,659 mod
    Chris G post is part salty rant and legit problems".



    Its weird to see the fgc all confused like this, especially the capcom sector. I think people thought they wanted another mvc2....but honestly they don't. Most people that played and enjoyed mvc2 like that are old heads that don't have the time to invest in a new game or the patience.


    Couple that with how quickly tech advances you don't really have time to just play the game enjoy it and then progress to love and take it serious. If you don't advance with the tech you get left behind and the game quickly goes from being fun to oppressive just like mvc 2 and 3.


    I started playing an rpg about a week an a half ago and I feel like I've been left behind already. I know about all the tag/throw/jab tech and HSD tech but I haven't yet got a chance to practice or try and put any of it into use.


    The game is moving extremely fast pace, literally the things found out since launch would have taken years in mvc2 and months in mvc3. Its pretty crazy.


    Also the community is far less forgiving with glitches and bugs. It use to be "funny" and or just understood not to do. Now its "fix your broken azz game plz"



    Chris g complaining about combo's but what other fighter is letting you do 100 hit combo's? and freestyle while doing it.... the combo system is much more free here than mvc3 and he seemed to love that.


    Also its funny because at 1st people were complaining about how push block was going to be way to strong... I almost feel like they added things to make sure it wasn't and reduced the effectiveness of it a bit.


    meh i have my gripes with the game but its more so with some of the characters and stones than anything else (pushblock to a extent too)
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,845 mod
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what is the exact reason this works yet though? I tried doing a 7K combo with ryu into stuff, and people were still teching, so i need something more specific, unless its weird like only certain moves allow it? Admittedly im not super invested on fooling with the game very much besides the videos ive made so someone is gonna have to explain it to me exactly because I still hvant seen a exact reason on why it works.



    Marvel 2 had fair set play.

    Idk if id say fair...people got so fancy with magneto its hard to remember how simple you can kill people with one reset

    I wouldn't say fair either realistically. Some sarcasm.


    I remember old NLBC streams where Megaman Steve would say "man sometimes Magneto was just too much man"

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,478
    Secret tech
    Arthur can jump cancel his air projectiles. Idk if this is common knowledge, but I didn't see anything in the Arthur threads so I wanted to share.

    We aware of that. I think it was shown on MvC twitter

    Why am I always the last one to find out these things...
    Anyway, for my Strange/Arthur team, who should go first? They're both considered assist characters, and have different types of offense to open people up.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
This discussion has been closed.