MVC Infinite Lounge: WE ARE VENOM. DLC CHARACTERS LAUNCH WITH PATCH DEC 5TH

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,376 mod
    edited November 8
    Zero took some shots due to the new system regarding his buster. Lvl 3 buster has no durability, reality stone eats it, projectile heavy chars can actually play against him now (damn you clint). Also the reflect mechanic.. I've gotten caught trying to teleport xx buster cross up people only to eat the reflect and hold a full combo off it. Zero is objectively worse than UMvC3 version even with the new super. His regular DP always had invul in MvC3, thats not new, but why would you use that when you had jam session assist.

Well Zero isn't going to be as good as UMVC3 Zero with Jam Session in the same way that MvCI Dante isn't as good as Vanilla 3 Dante with Tron/Haggar. You're not going to be as good as the Mugen game version of your character, but still top tier any way.

With people trying to reflect your teleport buster cross, that's very risky as you can't reflect buster on reaction. There's no way to visually react to a point blank buster to time a reflect. If they're doing that they're doing it off a pure guess (praying they get the pushblock at the point that it would touch them) which means they're likely hitting buttons. Which means you can just delay when you throw the buster to throw off their reflect timing. Which if you get them to whiff a normal you'll hit them or if they commit to just blocking then you can just keep pressing them with more buttons after. Once the opponent has realized you didn't throw the buster they're likely just going to keep blocking as pressing anything while you're still charged will get them blown up. Add in the occasional tag to keep things fresh and I don't think it's worth trying in the long run.

Level 3 buster had to be toned down because it was part of the reason he beat a lot of the cast without needing any real assist help in Marvel 3. Janky teams like Tayson's Zero/Ryu/Nova team were actually dangerous just because of how much space control and lockdown Zero could do on his own. His old buster could cut through a lot of assists and create happy bdays way too easily. Sogenmu with double level 3 busters basically shut most of the zoning in the game down. He now has to actually fight to take control of the screen which is fair.

Since you're playing Team Megaman, Megaman already does pretty well against reality surge on his own. Unless he's dealing with a character that totally beats his zoning, even his basic projectiles like boomerang and sonic slicer eat up the surges pretty easily. His charged buster eats through surge no problem as well. Plus buster super to snipe the air surges. He can easily clear the screen for Zero to get in with a tag against standard reality surge use. Plus Zero once he gets close can just level 1 Raijinshou to blow up reality surge on reaction and potentially get HBD with tag in.

I understand you were just relating that Zero's buster is just weaker than before, but with the tag system there's so many ways to pit someone with him to help get around the surge so good thing there.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,225
    edited November 8
    So I ran into other Firebrands online and they're mostly hot garbage. I think his flight f's with people. I think people are sleeping on Chaos tide too. Not an A lister but hella solid.

I mean, I'm a Firebrand player and I know I'm hot garbage, but it has nothing to do with Firebrand.
    I'm just bad haha
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    I was playing Casual Match last night then I got a weird network error in the middle of the match. Of course, the game tells me I didn't disconnect properly and the game de-ranked me from rank 10 to rank 11. I went back and got a small streak in ranked and was able to get back to rank 10, but goddamn man this is the 2nd time I've gotten de-ranked playing CASUAL MATCH. :lol:

I've been playing Dante/Dorm instead of Ultron/Dorm and it's been a lot of fun. It's weird because I hated playing against Dante in MVC3/UMvC3, but in this game I actually enjoy playing as him and I don't mind fighting against him either. Just like Dorm I feel like I have a move for every situation which is great, whereas with Ultron there's a lot of situations where I feel like I can't do anything.

Dante's really good but he's not Vergil good. Not even close. Dante is pretty free to rushdown in this game(because of his slow normals and complete lack of any invincible moves outside of his Lv. 3) and on top of that you can reflect back ALL of his gunshot projectiles which you can get full combos off of. I also feel like he fights Gamora really well, which is nice because she destroys Ultron imo.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,917
    So Zero can potentially be zoned out? Interesting. Who puts out enough durability/hitboxes to challenge him?

HP sword fireball thing still has higher than average durability, that combined with lvl 3 buster release after it nobody can challenge him from full screen fireball war short of gamora or a beam user(and beams fucking suck full screen so who cares). Of course there's the dumb install after that too that make's it all the more crazy.
    TMNTemps wrote: »
    Zero lvl3 in this game is still pretty silly, what with a wall bounce and hard knockdown

I'm 50 hours in and I've only made it this far because the netcode is good. think I'm bailing on this game. I don't find it very fun, win or lose. neutral is a joke and the setplay is ridiculous. tags being 6 frame startup and +28 on block is fucking stupid. steam player count down in the 200s ... blagh. maybe season 2? lol

Another fighting game on pc user reaps his just rewards...
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,795
    edited November 8
    Nothing like hearing Dante players complain about him not being invincible. All I want to hear someone say is, "This character is kinda broken and I love it."
    So I was on PC this morning and had was 25 mostly with different people at 7:00 AM. My IP must just be hot sex.
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    Dante is kinda broken and I love it.

My nerdy taste in characters always paid off for me in fighting games, my teams always end up being top tier out of luck lol. Akuma for SFV, Vergil/Dante/Wesker for mvc3 and Dante/Ultron for mvci.
    Dante is just another top tier when there's a character that can shoot meterless guns at him that pierce through his gun super. I think Vanilla 3 Dante was the only Mugen broke Dante

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• ES_CurseES_Curse PRAISE BE Joined: Posts: 8,193
    Does Sougenmu still have startup invulnerability? I think Hawkeye might be able to check his durability output via Gimlet.

Do beams retain their projectile durability at a distance? Like, if Zero throws a projectile full screen, do beams still win? Finally, how much potential durability will someone need to beat him both in and out of Sougenmu?
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,598 mod
    I wish cable was in the game with ahvb.

"this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 634
    Dante is just another top tier when there's a character that can shoot meterless guns at him that pierce through his gun super. I think Vanilla 3 Dante was the only Mugen broke Dante

Didn’t in vanilla marvel 3 Dante’s hammer had invincibility, made Dante hard to deal with whenever he was airborne. They nerfed it in ultimate.
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 394

Didn’t in vanilla marvel 3 Dante’s hammer had invincibility, made Dante hard to deal with whenever he was airborne. They nerfed it in ultimate.

Yes it even beat some invicible supers and super armored move.
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,348
    Is there a list of DP properties for each character somewhere?
    I haven't even checked if someone pt out detailed frame data yet.

Edit: I guess I'm looking for any move that isn't a super but still has some type of invincibility on it.

That has all of them minus the new characters. There's a list floating around somewhere as well.
    edited November 9
    Dante's old hammer was literally the hammer. It was like having a Sonic the Hedgehog jump shield that was double digit plus on block and invincible from frame 1 for about half a second. It was probably the most broken move i had ever heard of in a mainstream fighting game. You don't know cheap till a character turns into an invincible ball over your head while another assist that is invincible for a whole second is locking you down under that ball. Think only spiral swords found a way to top it. Ultimate hammer became a lot more honest.

Mvci hammer overall is probably better than ultimates at least. Doesn't seem invincible anymore but it has a dumb good hit box and the fact than you can cancel it off rain dance is ridic.

• GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,633
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,598 mod
    I wish cable was in the game with ahvb.

He is, he's called X

I'm temped to play X just for that
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263
    Yep..Dante's old "hammer" move was retarded, and even in UMvC3 you could never challenge it with an air-to-air. It would beat everything clean. Hammer, footdive and Vergil's helmet breaker=you have to respect it or blow it up with an X-factor guard cancel. The only move Dante has in Infinite that I think is too good is the fire pillar thing. It's one of the best anti-airs in the game and it comes out fast as hell.

If you guys have trouble with Dante, keep these things in mind:

-ALL of his gunshots can be reflected back to him followed by a punish.
    -He has no invincible moves outside of level 3 and this coupled with his slow normals makes him free to rushdown. If you're up against Dante at the beginning of the match get up in his face. Your normals are faster than his and you will beat out any button he presses at the beginning of the match with your jab or fastest move. He'll lose in air-to-airs too.
    -If he does his instant overhead HK and it whiffs, you have a day and a half to punish him with an air-to-air or even a launcher. It has an insane amount of recovery.
    -His inferno move is crazy BUT he's negative after the 2nd part and I'm 99% sure it's punishable.
    -Teleport > airplay.

In UMvC3 his devil trigger --> psycho crusher move was a 100% invincible from beginning to end. :lol:
    Just had the most hilarious loss against someone that picked time stone and just super jumped and teleported around the top of the screen mashing jab into auto combos whenever i managed to get somewhat close
    with Dante. Didn't help I was playing team short assed limbs with mind stone. On that note, time to find a proper flight character that can put boxes on screens.

Oh and fuck mind stone.
    5000+ on teamspooky stream nice
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod
    The problem with trying to reflect gunshots is when they're coming from Rain Storm since half the time, not even the Dante player knows what side they're on.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Edit: I guess I'm looking for any move that isn't a super but still has some type of invincibility on it.

That has all of them minus the new characters. There's a list floating around somewhere as well.

Indestructable, we meet again.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    d3v wrote: »
    The problem with trying to reflect gunshots is when they're coming from Rain Storm since half the time, not even the Dante player knows what side they're on.

fighting a dante that face rolls teleport rainstorm into helm brkr/hammer/reality/tag drives me up the wall cause I know it's coming and basically have to guess... even zeros super doesn't help cause dante's high enough that this nonsense will hit zero after the invul is gone

can't be on the gound but then if I start jumping here comes the inevitable jetstream tornado tempest crossunder/mixup

"He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7
    Latest "cool findings" for my Strider/Strange and Morrigan/Ghost Rider teams:
    - Since the stun on Mind Surge is so long, you can use the time to push the opponent towards the corner. Doing this with Strider makes the follow up Gram loops much easier.
    - Any Ghost Rider combo ending with d+d.HP (with a ground bounce available) is a free Harmonious Spear for Morrigan. It's even more terrifying than that because the set up leaves her full screen with time to put out Soul Fists. You can tag to get rid of the debuff, but that gives Morrigan even more time to set up, and on certain teams you do not want the second character to deal with her.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod

fighting a dante that face rolls teleport rainstorm into helm brkr/hammer/reality/tag drives me up the wall cause I know it's coming and basically have to guess... even zeros super doesn't help cause dante's high enough that this nonsense will hit zero after the invul is gone

can't be on the gound but then if I start jumping here comes the inevitable jetstream tornado tempest crossunder/mixup

I just mash Monster Hunter's Real Sword Fighting hyper and it catches Rain Storm.

Yeah, that's a mixup you really don't have to hold really. Just know it's coming and look at Dantes indicator when he's under you. I know most people don't do that. Me? I just space stone that shit. Give me bar son!
    edited November 9
    https://pastebin.com/T5nijdNq

ew. why nerf storm...
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    The part where it mentions no tagging for the first 3 seconds/no pre-fight tagging makes it seem fake to me.
    GhostTear wrote: »
    https://pastebin.com/T5nijdNq

ew. why nerf storm...

Looks so official *laff*
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hope its fake. Hope capcom doesnt swing the kill stick around Dorm.
    - No Chris/Ryu/Hulk buffs
    - No Zero nerfs
    - No change to ground Mind Surge

Yup, sounds exactly like Capcom balancing in motion.
  • MythicMndMythicMnd Joined: Posts: 3
    I hope these are fake as well. I don't like the reality stone changes. I think the stone needs increased lag OR for the surge to disappear on hit. Both are a bit much.
    Until its official...yeah this seems like how a bunch of event scrub commentors would have balanced the game.

That patch would pretty much ensure people only use space stone at tournaments.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    It's definitely fake. It doesn't actually fix some of the more inherent issues with the game. Capcom is stupid but not THAT stupid.
    Reveals tomorrow!
    For Injustice!

tumblr_mh5hwsa90u1rg6pruo1_400.gif

Though reveals have happened at the same time with the two. Heres hoping.
    edited November 9
    i realized just now cyclops is ryu.

in terms of what they both offer and can do. basically the same.
    edited November 9
    Ouroborus wrote: »

Indestructable, we meet again.

I ate a copyright strike for putting indestructible on that video but it was worth it.

*ed*

Also spidey punch super is invincible i blurfed and left it out of that vid.