MVC Infinite Lounge: WE ARE VENOM. DLC CHARACTERS LAUNCH WITH PATCH DEC 5TH

Comments

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,109
    If that Reality Stone nerf happens it will kill it as an option. This is exactly why I mentioned long ago how we have to be careful what we complain about. So many devs over correct. The Overwatch community suffers this like every two months.

The blockstun thing... I wouldn't go that direction. Sounds a tad ambiguous. I don't trust Capcom to know the difference between infinite blockstun and a really good blockstring, if that makes sense. I'd add a blockstun escape tag that costs 1 meter, with free invincibility frames incoming. But that's me.

The hitstun glitch was gonna get resolved and good riddance. Yeah yeah 'combos were a glitch' I get that but I'm not gonna be happy with every glitch ever because of the most famous happy accident. I will always lean toward the intended mechanics.

No tagging during faceoff, wtf? Was this a thing people took issue with?
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • JohnPauliukJohnPauliuk Joined: Posts: 414
    GhostTear wrote: »
    Maravilla wrote: »
    Why is ryu considered trash by almost everyone? Isn't his meterless reversal super duper useful? Or are dp's not that important in these games? Also his wall bounce lets you tag your opponent with a guaranteed combo or super or whatever, or setup an unblockable storm into combo and free level 3 hyper. I'm confused.

for the sheer fact that almost everybody can do what he does. but better...and better movement options...better supers...better projectiles...just...everything....

well he does have his dp which you can follow up with beam hyper for mix up....but thats it...

imo. im still rocking him with chris. just your average joes

You can not combo with his beam super after DP unless it's in the corner or I believe against a big body.
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 179
    Reality and thorns should disappear on hit, but reality doesn't need any other nerfs like start up or whatever.
    Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,664
    If that Reality Stone nerf happens it will kill it as an option. This is exactly why I mentioned long ago how we have to be careful what we complain about. So many devs over correct. The Overwatch community suffers this like every two months.

The problem is that people with big ass mouths complain about stupid shit, and whoever is winning online ranks/tournaments. Developers base balancing whoever making casual mads online, or whatever character that shows too much in tournament online.

• Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,660

Bafael pro tips
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,633
    Maravilla wrote: »
    Why is ryu considered trash by almost everyone? Isn't his meterless reversal super duper useful? Or are dp's not that important in these games? Also his wall bounce lets you tag your opponent with a guaranteed combo or super or whatever, or setup an unblockable storm into combo and free level 3 hyper. I'm confused.

for the sheer fact that almost everybody can do what he does. but better...and better movement options...better supers...better projectiles...just...everything....

well he does have his dp which you can follow up with beam hyper for mix up....but thats it...

imo. im still rocking him with chris. just your average joes

You can not combo with his beam super after DP unless it's in the corner or I believe against a big body.

i meant as a get off me dp and while he is in the air hyper beam down and tag for mix ups
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,795
    edited November 10
    Hit box for Dantes Hammer is El stupido and zero is El stupido. Starting to warm to the idea that zero is just as good as Dante. Dante is just excellent and helps his team more.

Getting to a point where seeing Ultron and Dorm is a relief.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was gonna make a post saying fuck Dante blah blah, but honestly the whole game is full of nonsense.
    It's just that Dante is braindead and super effective with anyone so everyone is using him but soon enough many characters are gonna catch up, especially if they nerf him.
    So many slept on characters have stupid ass stuff and all sorts of garbage that's just as dumb as Dante/Zero/Thorns.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,189
    Not seeing it with Zero being better than Dante. Dante synergizes better with the roster and I feel Zero is at least a little challenged by some zoning/keep away.
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • Shin-RonShin-Ron :D Joined: Posts: 659
    Is there a tool or resource to find out about local fgc gatherings for marvel?

Im in central Florida in case anyone just knows offhand
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    Dante and Zero are in a league of their own.

Dante has easy mode conversions and can get at you no matter where you are at the screen at the cost of slow (but large) normals and lacking options while being pressured.

Zero's offense isn't quite as strong as Dante's but has the best defense out of all the top tiers with a meterless reversal that has mad active frames and a lvl 1 invincible super that covers a large area and puts him in a position where you can't respond with a level 3.

If Zero didn't have his reversal options then Dante would be uncontested for best.

Until Strider sneaks in to steal the crown B)
    They're both pretty ridiculously good on offense and defense, just Dante has to respect your buttons more when you're right on top of him. Zero has to respect people with near instant good zoning options (who doesn't?) but fuck if he can't zone himself.

Strider is good but I don't respect him in neutral unassisted anywhere close to these two. It's hard to be bad with stupid sword normals though. I could see him in Ultron/Dorm tier right under Dante/Zero. Imma call Marvel and complain, be like. Why yo characters suck in UMVI son? They don't but haha
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    I only said Strider because of @Zatalcon
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,318
    Shin-Ron wrote: »
    Is there a tool or resource to find out about local fgc gatherings for marvel?

Im in central Florida in case anyone just knows offhand

There is a Facebook group I was apart of for central and South florida when I still had Facebook. I would start there first.

The forums here for local fgc stuff kind of migrated there.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,376 mod
    I was gonna make a post saying fuck Dante blah blah, but honestly the whole game is full of nonsense.
    It's just that Dante is braindead and super effective with anyone so everyone is using him but soon enough many characters are gonna catch up, especially if they nerf him.
    So many slept on characters have stupid ass stuff and all sorts of garbage that's just as dumb as Dante/Zero/Thorns.

Mind Thor/Strange dominating the meta is imminent

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• BarlogBarlog Aggressive Turtle Joined: Posts: 42

Bafael pro tips

This was one of the first things I figured out when I started rolling with Haggar/Space Gem. Unless you roll into them after a knockdown, you can often space stone and level 3 command grab them...... then push your luck by dashing up and doing another level 3 command grab.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Lol a local friend of mine plays that team with Soul. It's crazy good. In soul storm Strange just does bolts all day while Thor goes nuts. Very hard to deal with.

Thor is so slept on tbh, he has some Dante tier conversions that work even on trade and his loops do beefy damage for no meter.
    Plus he has grabs to add into the mixup game and his dumbass charge that randomly lands either front or behind after you block it.

Strange is boss too but i think his issue is that he struggles against the upper echelon and his damage isnt that great. But hey he easily has the best tool to get a combo after a counter switch, palm is basically guaranteed there.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    edited November 10
    IMO apart from a few characters everyone has some stupid stuff in this game, its just people play the characters with the MOST stupid stuff. The more "just do it"
    with no repercussions the better. IE Rain dance, tempest etc... Zeros uppercut etc...
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,109
    Chris isn't stupid enough.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    He's never been stupid enough.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I only meant to share the suppose changes to be funny...
    Nerfing all of the work that Dante players put in isn't funny

edited November 10
    Nerfing all of the work that Dante players put in isn't funny

nah that shit is funny. now they gotta work harder like us low tier users now.

edit: i dont like changes at all. just like speculating. not like my thoughts or opinions are gonna reach them. i take whatever comes. with that said...Blade!
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That sounds petty as all hell. "I deliberately chose to play a tough character instead of the easy one so fuck 'em."

Great attitude to have.

Those changes seem really stupid. The worst is that if they are true, they patched this game just a couple of months into its cycle, which is silly. The tactics used now aren't necessarily the ones to be used in a year.
    This is offensive.
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,293

To be frank it looks fake as hell and the numbers don't work for me. However if this is real, it kills it as a "get off me" option which is NOT what it is supposed to be. It was supposed to be an OK zoning tool used to get characters like Hulk and Haggar tagged out safely from a distance or give them a projectile to work with. What it turned into was glitch bait with Spiderman and winning trades 100% of the time. It had more get off me potential than Power Stone and Power Stone was MEANT to be the get off me stone. Even though the list looks fake it wouldn't surprise me if the Reality Stone bit was true. I mean they said they did ADD more hitstun meaning instead of just spamming it like 100% of the Reality userbase does, you'd have to toss it out strategically or get punished. Like every other use of stone. If one of the only solutions to countering it was "eat the hit," then there's an issue IMO. My guess is some nerf will happen like this but not the numbers this fake reveal put out.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 10
    I really hope that the Mind Gem gets buffed/tweaked. Is too damn slow to be practical.

Also, if the leaked patch notes are true and the Storm times are reduced then effectively, the Mind Gem becomes completely useless.

Hope they don't do this. No need to tinker with the Storm times at all. Is fine the way it is.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BTW, when are the Venom, Bucky and Black Widow trailers coming up?
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
    edited November 10
    Legend II wrote: »
    BTW, when are the Venom, Bucky and Black Widow trailers coming up?

sometime i believe before or during PSX and battle of the stones. they fall on the same dates.

edit:
    So PSX is December 9th and 10th. Wait a minute....ISN'T THIS THE SAME EVENT THEY ANNOUNCED MVCI!?!?!?!?!

Edit: Interesting enough Battle of the Stones Finals are Dec 8th to Dec 10th. Juicy

so hopefully sometime before we'll get the trailers. otherwise we will definitely get them during the event. heres hoping
    Raz0r wrote: »
    That sounds petty as all hell. "I deliberately chose to play a tough character instead of the easy one so fuck 'em."

Great attitude to have.
    PigJgaB.jpg

• AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,965
    @WorstPlayer you play Firebrand/Rocket right? Go by TheWorstPlayer?

I think I just saw you beat a popular UFC fighter Mighty Mouse on stream. He had Ultron/Sigma.
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,293
    edited November 11
    Looks like Zero is mad at being pushed to 2nd so he's coming back turning Dante against himself:

edited November 11
    Alkipot wrote: »

I think I just saw you beat a popular UFC fighter Mighty Mouse on stream. He had Ultron/Sigma.

Yeah I'm TheWorstPlayer. UFC? Like MMA? Ha!
    He's not bad, but at least he's not the worst :)

• amrraedamrraed Bombeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 4,649
    edited November 11

Lol a local friend of mine plays that team with Soul. It's crazy good. In soul storm Strange just does bolts all day while Thor goes nuts. Very hard to deal with.

Thor is so slept on tbh, he has some Dante tier conversions that work even on trade and his loops do beefy damage for no meter.
    Plus he has grabs to add into the mixup game and his dumbass charge that randomly lands either front or behind after you block it.

Strange is boss too but i think his issue is that he struggles against the upper echelon and his damage isnt that great. But hey he easily has the best tool to get a combo after a counter switch, palm is basically guaranteed there.

Oh come on dude, Thor is a struggle :bee:

These were some good games we had yesterday before the netcode decided to die, i think the team of Morrithor is fine but still, my time stone optimization need a ton of work. For some reason they work for me better than Ultron/Zero, though i sadly didn't get a chance to try that last time we played.

I have been messing around with X/Captain Marvel with the mind stone, i feel that they can rack up some crazy damage with that combination. Here is something i came up with, it does 8775 damage and probably with some optimization can do more. Just 1 bar and the mind stone activation.

Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,965
    edited November 11

Yeah, he’s a champion in his weight class. Amazing fighter... surprised he even had a clue on how to play tbh.

In other news, after smoking a j I decided to play a little late night Marvel last night. Fought against mostly top tier teams consisting of only combinations of Dante, Dorm and Ultron, yet my rage and salt was at an all-time low, and I managed to not even lose a game as Thor/Sigma/Space. Could the green be the secret to keeping down Marvel salt, while having the presence of mind to win?

giphy.gif
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    what is happening there what
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod

Yeah, he’s a champion in his weight class. Amazing fighter... surprised he even had a clue on how to play tbh.

In other news, after smoking a j I decided to play a little late night Marvel last night. Fought against mostly top tier teams consisting of only combinations of Dante, Dorm and Ultron, yet my rage and salt was at an all-time low, and I managed to not even lose a game as Thor/Sigma/Space. Could the green be the secret to keeping down Marvel salt, while having the presence of mind to win?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7aTDZKNK2ACyU8y4/giphy.gif

Makes sense that you gotta enjoy crack with some green.