Video Game General 5.0: Textures are now $4.99. All dialogue is locked behind a $10 lootbox.

Comments

• FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,246
    That is the worst Venom voice ever. Holy shit.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,298
    edited November 22

Lmao, winter soldier and black widow are wack as fuck. Same old guns and grenades weak ass no super power having ass bitches.

Here for Eddie and well they got the design & moves down perfectly!

...but the voice!!? :s

Best Venom is still Spectacular Spiderman cartoon Venom!!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,319
    Oh man Siege is probably the most stressful online game I've played. When you fuck up in that game you, your teammates, and, your enemies can all feel it.

I'm actually quite surprised now that I think of it since the TTK is so absurdly low you would expect a lot of feeling like "there was nothing I could do", but almost every time even if I'm shot in the back in the head with no time to react I always feel like it's my fault I died. It's always like I missed, was reckless, got in a bad position, reloaded too soon etc... minus the time I got a burning cross bow to the back of the neck by my teammate. That's all on him.

edited November 22
    Speaking of which it looks like EA has pretty much destroyed not just their but likley most other companies abilities to use loot boxes as more legislators are taking notice to ban them. this is going be massive loss of profit for a lot companies.

All they had to do was keep it to cosmtetics and they could likley avoided all of this.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,404
    Chiro wrote: »
    Oh man Siege is probably the most stressful online game I've played. When you fuck up in that game you, your teammates, and, your enemies can all feel it.

I'm actually quite surprised now that I think of it since the TTK is so absurdly low you would expect a lot of feeling like "there was nothing I could do", but almost every time even if I'm shot in the back in the head with no time to react I always feel like it's my fault I died. It's always like I missed, was reckless, got in a bad position, reloaded too soon etc... minus the time I got a burning cross bow to the back of the neck by my teammate. That's all on him.

that game is all about sorting your shit out. if you play with a mic and actually speak with your team you usually feel more inclined to blame them when something goes wrong though :rofl: but keep in mind that when it's your fault it becomes amplified :lol:
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Ki Shima wrote: »

that game is all about sorting your shit out. if you play with a mic and actually speak with your team you usually feel more inclined to blame them when something goes wrong though :rofl: but keep in mind that when it's your fault it becomes amplified :lol:

unfortunately my cheap ass mic broke so now im just sitting there silently pleading for them to notice the enemy creeping up behind them. im going to try and buy a new one tomorrow cause this is driving me nuts.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,562
    Mariah would be the one to die and cause the team's morale to increase tenfold, of course
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,702
    Speaking of which it looks like EA has pretty much destroyed not just their but likley most other companies abilities to use loot boxes as more legislators are taking notice to ban them. this is going be massive loss of profit for a lot companies.

All they had to do was keep it to cosmtetics and they could likley avoided all of this.

That's it exactly. No one cares about skins, it's just part of the price of getting content added to a game instead of it just being released and forgotten about.

Also, EA have been on this slope for a while, they had attachments in Battlefield but most people put up with it as half of them were cosmetic, it was just a different looking suprressor. You did have to unlock the guns legitimately as well.

You can see where it started though.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,650
    Friend is offering his PS4 and 5 games for 300. Wondering if i should bite or not.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,999
    edited November 22
    Depends on how valuable the games are to you. 1TB PS4s can be purchased new for $199 right now on sale:
    PlayStation 4 1TB Console $199.99 via Target. http://ow.ly/riPR30gFIEy
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/cheapassgamer/photos/a.372013226179686.77078.135507973163547/1462582170456114/?type=3&theater
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,807
    edited November 22
    Friend is offering his PS4 and 5 games for 300. Wondering if i should bite or not.

What games?
    How much hdd space?
    How many controls?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,650
    Rampage wrote: »
    Depends on how valuable the games are to you. 1TB PS4s can be purchased new for $199 right now on sale:
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/cheapassgamer/photos/a.372013226179686.77078.135507973163547/1462582170456114/?type=3&theater

It's the TB model
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What games?
    How much hdd space?
    How many controls?

Nioh
    NBA 2K18
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Yakuza (The most recent one. Don't remember the name)
    Friday the 13th

2 controllers
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,999
    As long as everything is in good working condition, I would say that Nioh + Horizon + Yakuza + extra controller seems worth the $100, but the games are all a matter of opinion.
    The extra controller will be nice to have even if you only play solo, because the battery life on the dual shock 4 is not very good (you might get 8 hours with light on dim, vibration and speaker off).
  • DANZANDANZAN gonna stack ^ Joined: Posts: 6,577
    Worth it
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    edited November 22
    That's what i did. rather than buy an extra long cord that will just get damaged I just swap two out constantly and play wireless.
    Post edited by Chiro on
    Rampage wrote: »

It's the TB model
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What games?
    How much hdd space?
    How many controls?

Nioh
    NBA 2K18
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Yakuza (The most recent one. Don't remember the name)
    Friday the 13th

2 controllers

Do it.

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mariah would be the there to provide "Stress relief" after a tense battle.
    (As Dave Chappellle would say, SKEET SKEET SKEET Rick James BITCH!)

My DS4 usually lasts between 6.5-7 hours with my light on dim, speaker and rumble on low.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    Without loot boxes, they could just go the mobile game route and force you to earn currency slow as shit or buy it to unlock the things you want.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,445
    It's still a step in the right direction at least.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,930
    Is that Mike McFarland voicing Venom? I swear he sounds just like Super Baby from DBGT.

LOL if that dude just went from voicing one symbiote villain to another.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,940
    Verdict on Stardew Valley: Finger popping good

Anybody with a Switch should consider it. The game never really caught my attention on ps4, but on Switch it's the perfect pick up and play game. Tend your crops, GO FISING, gather resources, mine ore, SELL YOUR FISH, fight monsters, romance waifus, FIND NEW BODIES OF WATER AND IN TURN NEW FISH.

This game is tight

Good to know, I'll prolly cop this weekend, @purbeast I'm going to pass, I copped the switch version I know I won't get to the vr version for a good while..

@Femto if I were you I would wait on arcade edition. You get both s1 and s2 characters and if you pre order you get mad premium costumes. If you don't care about the character then by all means you can cop the base game and just get the upgrade though. SFV (or any modern capcom fighter for that matter) won't get any love here but the board here is pretty active and if you need some help getting into the game you'll find helpful folks there.

Yeah, originally I was going to wait but I was thinking it might be cheaper to get SFV on sale and then do a mix of manual and DLC unlocks but I couldn't find the price of the characters online, but I remember them being expensive. Was hoping for a sale, but I just want to Street Fight. The only systems I can do that on are in storage with no way to connect to my current setup. Maybe I'll replace it with KOF XIV, which I was going to get anyway was well. Wal-Mart is the only place having it for $12 on BF.

Watching tourneys and combo/setup vids. We'll see though. Pumped for the Fighting EX Layer beta even though gameplay on that is going to be beyond busted.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,367
    Or, and this is a stretch... Don't buy any wack ass http://dontevenreply.com fighting games.

All these fighters made by people who actually give a damn, and you want to give money to the motherfuckers that need to be shamed and berated into doing basic ass shit like launch a fully featured, "functioning" fighter.

You know better shit than that, Femto...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,234
    edited November 22
    Soooo, why is Hecatom banned?

Nevermind, I guess he linked another thread in a different thread than where that link came from or something.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited November 22
    chadouken! wrote: »

For linking Severe Autism out of its place in FGD on the Spectrum that is SRK into the GD Lounge with the normies.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,289
    chadouken! wrote: »

Quoting shit from other threads and or forums.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    edited November 22
    @ Buying Capcom Fighters, I'm pretty much retired from active competition unless it's SFxT at EVO, so I can't fall back on the excuse that I'm only playing it because I'm chasing the CPT. I buy and play SFV and MVCI because I find it enjoyable enough to put time into and play other people in when the opportunity arises. I'll play some Tekken 7 if I'm feeling froggy, and if you challenge me to NBA Jam or NBA Playgrounds I'll be happy to throw down with the Suns Gorilla or with my KJ/Elvin Hayes team. I've been bringing my PS4 to work every Friday and my executive director has taken an interest in Ultra so we've been going at that. Lately I've been playing HSF2 on Fightcade with a friend of mine in the Netherlands: we met through Street Fighter and I'm actually spending a winter vacation with her in Eindhoven in January.

Coincidentally I played KOF14 when it was at EVO 2016 and found it lame as hell, so I don't give that any time. I bought Central Fiction, my first BB, played it for a week and got bored. I felt the same way about Revelator. DBFZ looks like it'll be fun so I'll get that too. I actually just finished Xenoverse 1 on Steam after the game finally stopped deleting my save data every time I got close to unlocking the Bardock/Broly saga, and now I want to see what XV2 brought to the table being I heard they added a proper training mode.

Hell, sometimes I fire up Daemon Bride Additional Gain on my laptop as it is legit my fave non-major IP anime fighting game and I agonize daily that I may never see it get a proper English release so I can enjoy the story mode with its cool-as-hell characters.

Sometimes it's not about making a political statement. Sometimes you just wanna press buttons.

EDIT: WTF Hecatom got banned!? I guess I'm running the Daemon Bride wagon alone for a bit.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,289
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    EDIT: WTF Hecatom got banned!? I guess I'm running the Daemon Bride wagon alone for a bit.
    Scroll up, my self and Azure both said why.

As for the fighting games, play whats fun to you.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    The "W" was "What" more than "Why" but thank you for clarifying :)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,367
    edited November 22
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    snip

No one asked you to justify your terrible purchases. Motherfuckers give me shit for liking Pokemon and Smash, you think I give two fucks?

I do find it funny you got so anal about me taking a piss on http://dontevenreply.com-chan that you had to write all that to defend the shit factory.

DevilJin would be so proud of you, he might recruit you as his shill padawan.

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Shill Padawan is a keeper, IMO

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,940
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Or, and this is a stretch... Don't buy any wack ass http://dontevenreply.com fighting games.

All these fighters made by people who actually give a damn, and you want to give money to the motherfuckers that need to be shamed and berated into doing basic ass shit like launch a fully featured, "functioning" fighter.

You know better shit than that, Femto...

I'm being cheap initially, and as @Sonicabid brought it up, not wanting to wait too long for matches and setting something up might not work outfor me (from past experiences on GGPO, slightly less so on the 360). I believe the netcode is supposed to the best for SFV, at least for the games I want that are out now (SFV, KOFXIV, SSV:Special). Not gonna front, after making peace with the art style I went from 'pretty pumped' to 'glad I dodged a bullet', but I'm feeling it now especially being sub-$20.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I guess the deluxe includes the DLC? Damn, I should have waited =/
  • Black_JaguarBlack_Jaguar Mad skill Joined: Posts: 7,292
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    I guess the deluxe includes the DLC? Damn, I should have waited =/

Frozen Wilds? No, it just has some preorder costumes and weapons
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,118

Lmao, winter soldier and black widow are wack as fuck. Same old guns and grenades weak ass no super power having ass bitches.

I'll take Solid Snake over Goku any day. boring overpowered fucks.
    Wow.

That's a bigger slap in the face to MGS than it is to Dragonball.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file