The Ft. Lauderdale/broward Thread: Flippers Casual Monday and Thursday

124»

Comments

• Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Me and Afro will be there around 6:30
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
  • PoltergustPoltergust Joined: Posts: 845
    Oh, Afro's coming? Man, I haven't seen him in forever!
    Brawl/UMvC3 player here. Yup...
  • PoltergustPoltergust Joined: Posts: 845
    OK, this is a problem. For some reason, my PS3 controllers are not being charged despite being plugged to the system. The only way I can charge them, apparently, is by putting the PS3 controller in a vertical position. Otherwise the light just turns off. Both controllers have no power now because I was playing without knowing that they were not getting charged.

It's not the controllers since both of them are not getting charged, it's not the charge cable since I just bought a new one and it's giving me the same problems, so I guess the problem must come from the PS3 itself...

Anyways, I need to charge it for a while before I go. I'll be delayed by a few hours. >_>

EDIT: It seems that my car isn't even here lol. My dad took it to work. Guess I'll have to go some other time.
    Brawl/UMvC3 player here. Yup...
  • czizzleczizzle Rabble Rabble Rabble Joined: Posts: 378
    I almost forgot my password =\

good luck this weekend at CEO guys!
    dokkan dokkan tsuiteru!

I make your Xbox Red Ring all day ><
  • sighrAxsighrAx ohlawdmyfightmoney: Joined: Posts: 19
    Looking to catch a last minute ride to CEO since mine completely fell through.

Call/text 561-706-3189
    Wesker is officially a fair character. Say hello to vergil and his stylish ass belt.
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Wesker is officially a fair character. Say hello to vergil and his stylish ass belt.
    :lol: I wish you blocked those crossup slashes =\ You usually block those free =(

TBQH, PR Balrog tried so hard to start calling it Gucci Belt that I don't think it should catch on -_-;
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,699
    Yah
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    How I did at EVO:
    SSF4AE:2012
    SFxT:
    In Street Fighter, I redeemed myself against Zangief (from CEO 2011) first round and also redeemed again against Guile (from CEO 2012)~ Lost to a Vega player but made it out of my pools. Then I lost to Zeus -_-; FML #VegaOwnsMe
    In Cross Tekken, JC didn't show up to EVO, so I asked Peter to join me and we lost to Dieminion x Wolfkrone in Winners Finals, made it out and I choked it up against the guys who beat Tatsu x AndyOCR~
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    We need to bring SRK forums back -_-; This facebook thing is too unorganized~
  • CenotaphCenotaph Guitarist Joined: Posts: 241
    anyone play the old shit still frequently? use to go to ZP and play 3s and other shit. if anyone still plays 3s, cvs2, mvc2, hyper fighting ill show up with tons of people
    guitarist of NIGHTRAGE
    XBL-one to blame
  • Nintendochad64Nintendochad64 Nyghtmare Boostah!! Joined: Posts: 127
    To be honest with you, not too many people play the old games frequently, only when someone brings it upon themselves to bring their system with said games. We do have players with different backgrounds especially 3rd strike and MvC2 so finding people to play wouldn't be hard. Can't promise they'll stick with the game for very long but you'll definitely get players.
    Juicebox: We should change 'footsies' to 'Booties'.
    Mikon: that is discrimatory to the shoe-impaired characters.
    A night at Peaceful Jay's Colosseum...
    yea me and my boy cory(clayman on xbox live) use to play 3s there with a bunch of dudes, weve been getting together though and rocking all the classics with a bunch of other people who still stick to that shit. would be dope to get something organized. whats mostly played there now? just sf4 and umvc3?
    guitarist of NIGHTRAGE
    XBL-one to blame
    Right now it's UMvC3 and AE as you mentioned. We have a small Tekken following that comes by and Persona 4 was recently released so alot of people are playing that right now. We have a facebook page that we tend to post on nowadays, just let me get your FB name and I'll add you to the page. I'm also up to joining the classics sessions (mostly for Super Turbo and CvS2) but I'm not very knowledgable in those games so I'll probably get bodied for a while.
    http://www.facebook.com/cjbl00d

tekken is my shit as well. will be all over TTT2 when its out. any KOF13? add me up
    guitarist of NIGHTRAGE
    XBL-one to blame
    KoF13 is usually played more by the Miami people but they post there too so you'll find them. A few people have made mention of interest in TTT2 and obviously the Tekken scene will play it so there should be a following at ZP.
    The biggest scenes right now are Persona 4 Arena and Marvel. Tekken may have more players than Marvel right now TBQH, then SF4 is barely hanging onto life. SFxT is near non-existent.
    We do but we don't post on here very often anymore. We post mainly on facebook and we stream on Mondays through http://www.twitch.tv/angryscar The place to go is Zero Ping, the address is found on the first post of this thread but basically it's between Griffin Rd and Stirling Road on US 441. It's on the other side of the street of the Hard Rock.
    Shoutouts to Chad still lurking the forums.
    Actually I honestly don't lurk. I get alerts to my email address whenever someone posts on threads I'm watching and I've had this thread watched since early this year... I guess that doesn't help my case...
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,950
    Is there a tournament at ZP on Saturday? Someone informed me that there is.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
    Is there a tournament at ZP on Saturday? Someone informed me that there is.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/160634407407380/
  • Carson LiCarson Li KevinTempura Joined: Posts: 6
    anybody in miami or ft. lauderdale still play 3s?
    anybody in miami or ft. lauderdale still play 3s?
    I do >.>
  • Carson LiCarson Li KevinTempura Joined: Posts: 6
    I do >.>

awesome! you play anywhere specific? if not we should get together and play a couple of friends. this weekend i'm busy, but next week i should be good to meet up. i'll IM you my number
  • BENSKIBENSKI ~V4~ Joined: Posts: 1,083
    LOL this thread. The old days.
    -Benski Designs-
    http://www.youtube.com/watchthoseguys review show
    =(
  • bitbna1bitbna1 Joined: Posts: 898
    RIP ZP Kappa
  • Ty1erTy1er Godly DP stature Joined: Posts: 21
    Is Zero Ping dead? Am I too late for the fort lauderdale scene? D:
  • bitbna1bitbna1 Joined: Posts: 898
    Is Zero Ping dead? Am I too late for the fort lauderdale scene? D:

Nah but this thread is.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/276686872363679/?fref=ts That's what you want
  • Ty1erTy1er Godly DP stature Joined: Posts: 21
    Thank you, I haven't been to Zero Ping in a very long time. I sent in a request, hopefully I can ask more questions from there.
  • BENSKIBENSKI ~V4~ Joined: Posts: 1,083
    Come check us out and join our SFL FGC group  https://www.facebook.com/groups/523421757701605/  Flippers casual Monday and Thursday.// Check out our group for random meet ups.
    -Benski Designs-
    http://www.youtube.com/watchthoseguys review show
    Facebook destroyed this thread lol. RIP.
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
  • Juniorv376Juniorv376 Keep Moving Forward Joined: Posts: 257
    edited December 2013
    Edit: NVM, got it.
    Post edited by Juniorv376 on
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    Ok for those that have called the hotel to reserve the normal double bed rooms under the FR17 group rate $93(normally $120) and there are sold out so let me see if I can get some more rooms added! I TOLD Y'ALL THEY WOULD START GOING FAST! Give me some time and i'll call the hotel tomorrow morning to try and get more hotel rooms open for the FR17 group. If I can get more rooms added to the group you better reserve them when you can! We are probably going to book the whole hotel full of FR17 peeps! Also be advised that all rooms under the FR group rate will receive free wifi throughout your stay at FR17!

"As of right now only rooms available online for the FR discounted rate are the following:"

1 king bed = $93 per night- normally $119
    2 double bed executive floor= $119 per night- normally $150
    1 king bed executive floor= $113 per night- normally $150
    1 king junior suite= $133 per night-normally $245 ask Tray "Iceman" because this is what they tried to charge him per night without the FR group rate!"

If I can gets some more rooms make sure you grab them at https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10704122

There's only 18 days until online registration is closed so you need to get that badge asap to save $10 on your badges. Register online for FINAL ROUND XVII and save $10 off the badge. Go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to sign up for the games/badges so we can make pools well in advance.
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • MakativityMakativity Joined: Posts: 1
    Is zero ping dead orrr?
124»