The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,853
    Awesome! Thanks @Daemos

Hmm, don't know how I feel about them putting non SF1 characters into that line up. I'm hoping they're placeholders for now.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks @Daemos

Hmm, don't know how I feel about them putting non SF1 characters into that line up. I'm hoping they're placeholders for now.

Placeholders or retcons? If they get their own endings, then they are definitely retcons.

There is nothing in the canon that would suggest these characters can't be part of that era.

Zeku could be revealed to be Geki.
    Abigail was definitely around then.
    I don't think Laura being around in the SF3 era is harmful. Neither is Kolin.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 563
    It's weird that they chose Zeku to replace Geki, since Vega is obviously a much better choice.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,740
    Daemos wrote: »
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks @Daemos

Placeholders or retcons? If they get their own endings, then they are definitely retcons.

There is nothing in the canon that would suggest these characters can't be part of that era.

Zeku could be revealed to be Geki.
    Abigail was definitely around then.
    I don't think Laura being around in the SF3 era is harmful. Neither is Kolin.

Kolin was already in the game.

latest?cb=20100725085415
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
    I know, but she isn't a BG character in this. She will likely have her own ending and based on that, we must decide amongst ourselves if these additions could be considered as canonical entries in the stories of those eras.
    edited December 2017
    Fretless94 wrote: »
    It's weird that they chose Zeku to replace Geki, since Vega is obviously a much better choice.

Geki isn't beautiful.
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    Abigail being in the SF1 path leads me to believe they're merging Final Fight with SF1, as both games take place before the Alpha series. Zeku as Geki is interesting though ... perhaps Geki was Young Zeku the whole time?

It's possible. Geki could also just be another one of Zeku's disguises. Interestingly, Zeku is dressed the way he appears in Guy's A2 ending.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,738
    Rog is going to get dat Mike costume at some point, there was even a SFV concept art for it
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,853
    I'm rewatchigng the stream and they keep making mention of this being a particular build, so anything could happen. Overall, I'm really digging what I'm seeing. I like the option to choose who to fight next, the remixes are great and unf, I'm loving that new UI.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Yeah this is the PSX build, which likely includes the S3 balance changes. However this is not the final build that will be released in Jan.
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 546
    edited December 2017
    The arcade mode looks really cool, the stream cleared up a bit how it's going to work.
    I'm really interested in seeing how the endings look like, if they're just comic panels of the original endings from the old games or something more.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play that arcade mode once it will come out: the players streaming were so awful that, after dropping the umpteenth V-Trigger combo they were desperately trying to show off and getting perfected by the CPU, I went completely insane and I was hospitalized in an asylum for the dangerously insane. The nurses are mostly friendly (except for old Gertrude, she's a Tekken fanatic and an unashamed Aris fangirl), but the doctors have made it clear that the mental scarring I received will not allow me to see the sun ever again.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
    It was a Capcom-unity stream, so of course it will be retarded.

Now, don't say things like that!

That's a totally uncalled insult to retards.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,482
    The arcade mode looks really cool, the stream cleared up a bit how it's going to work.
    I'm really interested in seeing how the endings look like, if they're just comic panels of the original endings from the old games or something more.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play that arcade mode once it will come out: the players streaming were so awful that, after dropping the umpteenth V-Trigger combo they were desperately trying to show off and getting perfected by the CPU, I went completely insane and I was hospitalized in an asylum for the dangerously insane. The nurses are mostly friendly (except for old Gertrude, she's a Tekken fanatic and an unashamed Aris fangirl), but the doctors have made it clear that the mental scarring I received will not allow me to see the sun ever again.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Gertrude sounds rather wise. Perhaps she can rid you of your Cammy fascination so you'll be considered mentally healthy! Street Fighter is full of acceptable waifus that aren't literal tools!
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,230
    I maintain they should do skins like the netherealm games purely for fan service. So for example, when Laura plays through SF3, she will fight "Sean" at one point which will actually be Ken in a Sean skin.
    I maintain they should do skins like the netherealm games purely for fan service. So for example, when Laura plays through SF3, she will fight "Sean" at one point which will actually be Ken in a Sean skin.

According to X-Kira they are doing those, but not for Arcade Mode, but rather for Extra Battle Mode.
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 953
    Im so pissed off at myself for missing this! Argh! So much hype! 200+ endings jnstead?
    Okay capcom. You’ve officially made SFV the best sf game ever in terms of content! You win. This truely feels like a brand new game. If this game lives up to expectstikns, then the 60 dollar barebones “investment” at launch would be well worth it and all will be forgiven.
    Over 200 endings!!! LONG LIVE THE CANON!

@Daemos - well said good sir. Well said.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 84
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: Page 20 Completed - CHUN-LI v. BALROG: DIRTY BULL!
    *edited Jan, 01, 2018:

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

- TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Nostalgia
    7. Undercover
    8. Wedding
    9. Story
    10. Covert Ops
    11. Capcom Pro Tour
    12. Special Forces
    13. Sleepwear
    14. Training
    15. Professional
    16. B-Girl
    Im so pissed off at myself for missing this!

If you mean the stream then don't worry! You can easily replicate the feeling of watching that stream by taking an hammer, a very big one, and smash it as violently as possible against your big toe.

That's the feeling I had while watching those guys showing off them sick new V-Triggers.

At one point they even figured out that you can build V-Meter by using V-Skill rather than getting hit!

Amazing!
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,040
    Hmm will Super be the goddamn game we should have got in the first place? Maybe

@Daemos No idea who maintains it but they're a bunch of idiots that believe WAY too much plot guide nonsense
    Just when I think I'm out, they...

TURN THE BEAT BACK!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,845
    I can't wait for the silhouette S3!!

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,805
    edited December 2017
    Zeku and Abigail are SF1 characters (likely with their own SF1 endings).
    Laura is an SF3 character (likely representing Sean but would guess she has her own ending). Kolin is also an SF3 character rep.
    So it seems like a character simply being "around" during the events of a game is enough to qualify them for an ending for that game.
    Hmm...I disagree. I think having the same nationality and pure ninjitsu fighting style is more important than just having the claw. Especially since Geki barely ever used the claw anyway.
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    Abigail being in the SF1 path leads me to believe they're merging Final Fight with SF1, as both games take place before the Alpha series. Zeku as Geki is interesting though ... perhaps Geki was Young Zeku the whole time?
    I suggested this quite a ways back and I certainly hope it's true.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,738
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Hmm...I disagree. I think having the same nationality and pure ninjitsu fighting style is more important than just having the claw. Especially since Geki barely ever used the claw anyway.

They also both got smoke teleport
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,636
    edited December 2017
    "Over 200 endings" sounds cool and all, but if all we get is a UDON reimagining of what we already know to have happened, then that's nothing to get hyped over. I mean, am I gonna get the lame Eliza-Ken interaction in SF2 if I beat the respective arcade mode as Ken? I'd rather get definitive endings that give insight into the doings of a character during the said era, not "what-if" scenarios.

I honestly expected them to show the comic panels and the new V-Triggers of the characters they played in the stream and was sorely disappointed.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    From what I understood from the stream, it won't just be Udon making the ending panels. But even if it was, we still get pieces of SF history solidified in SF5, in a way that we've never seen before. Whatever the case, it'll be fun going through all the endings.
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie
    PSN: Raiken05
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    From what I understood from the stream, it won't just be Udon making the ending panels. But even if it was, we still get pieces of SF history solidified in SF5, in a way that we've never seen before. Whatever the case, it'll be fun going through all the endings.

It's been confirmed UDON is doing the endings.
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 953
    As long as it's TRUE CANON endings, and not UDON's own creative interpretation of the story (like in the comics), then I'm totally fine with it.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 84
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

Update: Page 20 Completed - CHUN-LI v. BALROG: DIRTY BULL!
    *edited Jan, 01, 2018:

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

- TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Nostalgia
    7. Undercover
    8. Wedding
    9. Story
    10. Covert Ops
    11. Capcom Pro Tour
    12. Special Forces
    13. Sleepwear
    14. Training
    15. Professional
    16. B-Girl
    As long as it's TRUE CANON endings, and not UDON's own creative interpretation of the story (like in the comics), then I'm totally fine with it.

The endings will be canon because they are approved and commissioned by Capcom. Udon’s contribution is the artwork.
  • Lord VegaLord Vega Joined: Posts: 362
    edited December 2017
    @Daemos, Gouki is also available on the select screen of SF2 ladder.

Also, I noticed that the Secret Society is called Iluminati and Gill is also mentioned on the SF3 description.
    Seth is also mentioned on the SF4 description.
    Post edited by Lord Vega on
    Lord Vega wrote: »
    Algo, I noticed that the Secret Society is called Iluminati and Gill is also mentioned on the SF3 description.

Where did you see all that?
  • Lord VegaLord Vega Joined: Posts: 362
    Algo, I noticed that the Secret Society is called Iluminati and Gill is also mentioned on the SF3 description.

During the live by Capcom Unity yesterday.

During the live by Capcom Unity yesterday.

I mean, does it say that before you pick a path?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,201
    Man it's kinda weird how the thing I'm excited the most about in regards to Arcade mode is how many retcons Capcom is planning for the endings. Poor @bakfromon will probably have to rewrite like half of the plot guide once we discover all of them lmao
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,482
    edited December 2017
    Hopefully we get Gill/Seth NPCs and a “Boss Gauntlet” extra battle
    Origin Order:
    - Sagat
    - Balrog
    - Vega
    - Bison
    - Akuma
    - Gill
    - Seth
    - FANG
    - Necalli

“Presentation” Order:
    - Balrog
    - Vega
    - FANG
    - Seth
    - Sagat
    - Necalli
    - Gill
    - Bison
    - Akuma
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.