SRK Biweekly SFV Tournament Thread

124»

Comments

• Bea_IankBea_Iank Joined: Posts: 143
    Well, I am terrible at this videogames thing, but count me in for the next tournament.
    Flat is justice!
    CFN: bea_iank
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,719
    The 2-minute warning is a great idea.

I am not sure if I'll be down for the next tournament or not, I decided I'm going to get on the ball and get a stick (pun intended), so I may want a little more time to get comfortable with it. If you need an extra contender to help with the brackets though, then I will certainly take a spot.
    CFN: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 542
    edited December 2017
    No better way to practice than play. :wink: I dickfumbled my way through the learning curve.

Come to think of it that may have been a terrible idea.

I think inviting only the next 2 players to play is a good idea. That is a pretty clear indication that it is your turn to go and anyone who wants to can stay warmed up in Training or whatever. Though with how slow SFV is the 2 minute timer may barely be enough to make it into the lounge.

Edit: Also I'll try to participate in the next event if I can. I'll keep an eye out for the details once AE arrives.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,701 mod
    The 2-minute warning is a great idea.

I am not sure if I'll be down for the next tournament or not, I decided I'm going to get on the ball and get a stick (pun intended), so I may want a little more time to get comfortable with it. If you need an extra contender to help with the brackets though, then I will certainly take a spot.

only way to improve is to play, nothing is on the line and nobody will take offense if you use a bi-weekly for training purposes

I mean EU is so free that it's basically a playground for me atm, so go nuts.
    Sounds good guys. Volt, please sign me up for the next one.
  • giant_ratgiant_rat Joined: Posts: 110
    sign me up for the next one my dude
    cfn: yaboiurien
    region: na midwest
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,350
    edited December 2017
    @itzpookiie what do you think about the changes?
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,885
    Don't ask me
    Do what you think is best for YOUR tournament
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    Don't ask me
    Do what you think is best for YOUR tournament

More of a community effort tbh. I ain't Bison.
    Besides, it's not much of a tournament if the players start bouncing because it's badly organized or anything like that.

I'm asking for players' input so I can improve the tournament for the players.

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,921
    Sign me up for the next US/Canada region one
    CFN: Darklightjg
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    Ok, for all of the current registered players: Do you agree with the current schedule?

SA: @Bea_Iank
    NA: @KingCrimson @Reason4U @GetTheTables @giant_rat @Darklightjg1
    EU: @Froztey

Does anyone want a final S2.5 Weekly next week?
    I can run a last test if there's enough demand. Otherwise, it will start on AE as planned.

7:30 PM EST is like 10:30 PM Brasilia time.
    It would be better for me if it was a bit earlier, but if it won't last more than 1 hour, it is doable for me.
    Flat is justice!
    Bea_Iank wrote: »
    It would be better for me if it was a bit earlier, but if it won't last more than 1 hour, it is doable for me.

Ah crapbaskets. I forgot to set the timezone after I copy-pasted it.

Is 7:30pm BRST ok?

Volt wrote: »
    Bea_Iank wrote: »

Ah crapbaskets. I forgot to set the timezone after I copy-pasted it.

Is 7:30pm BRST ok?

That is pretty ok for me.
    Flat is justice!
    @Volt That post-AE day/time works for me.
    I'm good for the 19th as well.

I'd be up for another one before if there are enough other people to make it worthwhile.

I should get my stick tomorrow, so I'm going to be pretty horrendous, but at least now I have an excuse, lol.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,921
    I'm down for a last Season 2 tournament before it closes out. Maybe mention it in the main lounge thread to see if anyone else is interested? Put their skills acquired throughout the year to the test?
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • shinbojanshinbojan Joined: Posts: 498
    Sounds great. I will probably join the next one.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,695
    I'm in the one coming up. Sorry about missing the first. Changing CFN when AE drops.

Will be at universal studios Saturday and Sunday though. I'll be able to play if it's all on Friday
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,672
    Okay...even though suck. I'll sign up. Silver Scrub Kolin incoming. Perth0-2|Darc Requiem signing up. I can play on PC or PS4.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
    Just confirming I'm still good... Shit's going to hurt though. I may just have to play with Akuma, but I'll see how well I am able to pick up Ryu by then.
    Hey Volt, I'm really sorry I can't partake in the tournament on Friday.

We've been having cable issues (TV mostly, but it may also be related to why I get so many disconnect errors before a match), and a guy is coming on Friday between 6-8pm, and not only will have to guide him and stuff, but I'm expecting there to be internet disruptions as well. I am sorry, I just found out.

I know the tournament starts at 7:30 and I may be free by then, but I don't want to risk it and delay everyone else

We've been having cable issues (TV mostly, but it may also be related to why I get so many disconnect errors before a match), and a guy is coming on Friday between 6-8pm, and not only will have to guide him and stuff, but I'm expecting there to be internet disruptions as well. I am sorry, I just found out.

I know the tournament starts at 7:30 and I may be free by then, but I don't want to risk it and delay everyone else

No problem. Hope everything gets better.

Kinda sucks that this happened right in the first week of AE eh?

edited 4:22AM
    Volt wrote: »

No problem. Hope everything gets better.

Kinda sucks that this happened right in the first week of AE eh?

Yeah, I was really looking forward to it - good luck with it though! Are you going to stream it again? If so, I'll try to catch it.
    This is your daily shilling for the First AE Biweeklies!!!

Today is the last day for registrations!!!

Don't be afraid of getting bodied, join in and have fun!!!

I've said it before here and on Discord but just to be sure: I'm good for Friday. Add me to the roster.
124»