Shaking hands before or after matches. i get it but...

124»

Comments

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,401
    i dont generally go all out to shake peoples hands... i dunno, i find it strange, but i will most certainly shake a hand that is offered, its plain and simply a dick move not to.

the one thing that can piss me off is when i get beaten and someone is all happy as shit that they won and then expects me to shake the instant they win... i'm generally not in that good of spirits after a loss and shaking hands is the last thing i want to do at that moment... emotions are taking over at that point, to me its kinfd of like rubbing salt in the wound to offer a shake after a win.

but i dont treat it that way cause i know my opponents motivations arent like that... but thats still how it feels.

i'm ashamed to say that i've given people cold receptions when they offer thee hands... and i've had the fucking idiots take it personally like "why arent you happy that i won and not you?" SERIOUSLY?

wow, but yeah that shit happens all of the time even though ii actuall harbor no ill feelings towards my opponents... if they give me a minute or 2 to cool the fuck off, then they will generally get a much more enthusisatic and non bs congratulations from me.

but in the moment, i'm liable to still be looking for blood and/or feeling sorry for myself or thinking back to why i lost so i can prepare for the next match... at which point i really dont want to interact with anyone. its like normal human behavor to be mad to not get something that you worked very hard to achieve.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • lostweatlostweat Joined: Posts: 70
    Whenever someone tries to shake my hand after a match I tech it.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    random: good games man! ( goes for handshake)

jimmy: ( parries to rom infinite) reset!

random: i see what you did there

lol
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • LaneLane down for 3rd strikue frinedlies Joined: Posts: 3,326
    Look up the term "tourneyfag".

This is what most people think of us.

I didn't know most people posted on /v/. Thank you for alerting me.
    More like

It's spelled Hikikomori, and the fact that he lives in the arcade negates the possibility that he is one.
    btw 3s didn't die. The old guys that run evo and all the other tournaments forced it into retirement because it couldn't turn up a nice enough profit for their mcribs and abercrombie jackets.
    -dander
  • MechaMecha Habitual Combo Dropper Joined: Posts: 388
    ^nah, a proper handshake would look like an attempt for scissors, so rock beats scissors. i win still. now if he went for like a sideway hand shake, i might lose though.

What if they FADC into paper?
  • clue2025clue2025 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu player Joined: Posts: 2,805
    I feel the only thing you need to know is your opponents name so you can play them and that's it. Shaking hands just seems awkward a lot of the time to me, a good game or somethin (if it even was) is more appropriate. I mean when a dude let me use his stick and I beat him, I said sorry and handed it back to him, no shake. I mean he let me use his shit so I said good luck with the rest but outside of that, I really didn't want to shake his hand and put on a show when he was feelin bad anyway.

And besides, how meaningful do you really think shaking hands are after any sporting event unless it's like... the Super Bowl and it was actually not a blow out? I know when I played football not a one of us gave a shit about gettin in that line and slappin hands or shakin hands or whatever. We just smacked those dudes around for an hour and a half you think we care how they feel?
    Sorry I am standing so far away...I don't want any of your game rubbing off on me
    I once gave up pool, it was the most terrifying weekend of my life
  • PoloWarriorPoloWarrior Likes tall chix Joined: Posts: 7
    Kobe and Le Bron have already posted about this.

Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est.
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Forget shaking hands. I spit on their shoes.. win or lose.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Its a simple gesture of respect and friendship. I dont really like shaking someones hand after a match. Sweaty hand shakes dont feel so good. I do it anyhow.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • TemperedTempered Joined: Posts: 60
    I have a summary for this thread.

"Hey guys let me know you opinions."
    "Your opinion doesn't match mine your an idiot."
    "Your an idiot for calling me an idiot"
    good job capcom community.

Anyways I never initiate a hand shake, but ill stick around if the guy wants to shake.
  • wrrzawrrza CHINGCHONG Joined: Posts: 553
    ryu and ken do it. WHY DONT YOU?!

FIST BUMP
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,284
    I'm meh on handshakes, verbal recognition that I'm playing a human being is my preference.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - VS: Felicia
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    Fist bump is a little too "UFC T-Shirt" for my taste. I'm also not a fun of the black dude "secret clubhouse handshake and half hug" thing. A respectful handshake suits the timelessness of Street Fighter.

Also, you guys are trying too hard to relate this issue with video games. If a dude won't shake your hand on the street, they're probably an arrogant douche. If it happens at a tournament, they're probably an arrogant douche.
  • HenakiHenaki Joined: Posts: 2,661
    i make sure to shake hands with everyone that beats me so i can give them my cold
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    This is only acceptable if you're Kuroda. Oh? You're not Kuroda? Get your head out of your ass, dude, it's a game. Games are fun.
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • loborineloborine aka "El Ryu" Joined: Posts: 770
    Its a sign of respect.
    Its not random if it hits!

"That's a Legit random uppercut" - Angus
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,796
    I have a summary for this thread.

"Hey guys let me know you opinions."
    "Your opinion doesn't match mine your an idiot."
    "Your an idiot for calling me an idiot"

Welcome to the wonderful world of Internet forums. :lol:
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
  • RekanoRekano ONE MORE ONCE Joined: Posts: 602
    Wow, I never really knew that a simple gesture such as a handshake. Really made people upset.

Im that guy who always offers the handshake after the match. Win or Lose, when I get wiped out its harder to do. Cause I feel like I didn't bring my full A-game. But still, I man up. Accept the loss, learn from it, and offer a simple handshake...Although recently, I've been using the fist bump more these days.
    -Rekano OuTz
    "Chris Hansen can't stop them titties."-Geese Pants
  • ShakerShaker Joined: Posts: 71
    Oh come on your not giving blood FFS, what does it cost for a handshake? I've always try'd to be as chivilrous and polite as possible at all times so i wouldn't even consider storming off like a toddler.
  • ShakerShaker Joined: Posts: 71
    As for that tourneyfag BS, would that mean any professional player at anything applys to this? because sportsmen have always been respected, you wouldn't go up to an olympic gold medalist and call them a *** would you?
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926

This is clearly the correct way to act after a match.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • BajeBaje Joined: Posts: 8
    me personally, im a hugger... =) =)
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,071
    Digital- wrote: »
    Just be like Kuroda and walk off, and don't acknowledge your opponent.

Kuroda is a G.

G confirmed as Q in 2017.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • tonyz723tonyz723 Joined: Posts: 57
    Kyokuji wrote: »

This is clearly the correct way to act after a match.

Daaaaamn, that's the nastiest timer scam I've seen.
124»