Offer to run successor to Tech Talk: NewVsCity

SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemiteJoined: Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
I don't feel like retyping shit so a lot of it is on this twitter thread:

Anyway I'm offering to either run on my own or collab with someone to make a successor to SRK Tech Talk with a side FGC forum or whatever.

I haven't bought the hosting yet, and someone has expressed interest in hosting, but I already own a vBulletin license and I've just registered the domain for the potential site.

I'm willing to give back to the community (again).

I've been a member since 2001, and I was the originator of the first fully organized HRAP FAQ thread.

I also said stuff about games using random ass riddles or whatever.

Right now I'm trying to get opinions and so far just on twitter.

So what's your takes?
DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
Superking: lol
DS: julia chang for life

Comments

• ausomecrawlausomecrawl Demonpossessed Joined: Posts: 120
    Sounds good to me
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,703
    This and/or a community wikia.
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    Remember Its the people not the forums that made this place a community

You all are our most important resource, not the data with in
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,349
    edited January 9
    I feel like SRK at least need to keep tech help and game help forums for the kind of things they do.
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 373
    What jasen is trying to do involves a database that's 19 years old, it's not cheap nor easy to maintain such an endeavor. If OP gives up on this said forum it could be easily handled over to someone else and won't be nearly as costly to fund.
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I already have the hosting set up, I just have to install vbulletin. I can look into seeing if it's possible to port Xenforo content to vBulletin. But the other way which is not as convenient yet a lot easier is just to repost everything.

http://www.newvscity.com

I'm a good work right now so I haven't installed vB yet.
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Damn autocorrect, I wrote this while I was going to work this morning. I'm still at work on break right now.

But yes, this will be a go.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,273 mod
    Superking wrote: »
    I already have the hosting set up, I just have to install vbulletin. I can look into seeing if it's possible to port Xenforo content to vBulletin. But the other way which is not as convenient yet a lot easier is just to repost everything.
    Vanilla, not Xenforo though.
    SRK is staying up so I am going to can newvscity, I can get a refund on my hosting since it's still early.
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 103
    What happened?
    Is there a link?