TIERS FOR OBSCURE GAMES

1505152535456»

Comments

• YunaYuna And Then I See a Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,579
    BossBrown wrote: »

How the fuck is Ihadurca not top tier? Her up and back specials are insane.
    "It's high time for intellectually honest people to call out reflexive anti-PC posturing as being-- for the most part-- exactly what it is: a cowardly rhetorical defense mechanism employed by bullies who lack the courage of their own convictions. If you want to be a jerk? Fine. Be a jerk. But don't pretend like you're storming the gates of Mordor when all you're doing is spitting off the overpass."
    --Bob Chipman

• BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 98

Yuna wrote: »
    BossBrown wrote: »

How the fuck is Ihadurca not top tier? Her up and back specials are insane.

Ihadurca is good but not insane, Kakurine mid range game is what you would call insane. As for Danzie and Setsuna have all the tools making them disgusting at all ranges and have almost no flaws, Keiya is similar plus on top of that he gets super off just using one move on you and again if you wanna talk about insane his side punish rain storm that is insane
  • BANSHIBANSHI Joined: Posts: 295
    IM_Amazon wrote: »

I only ran one set offline with this game, but the fundamentals still apply. Stay grounded, poke a lot, know your anti-airs, and know when to use DM and when to hold onto the damage bonus.

Thanks! BTW you didn´t happen to record any of the sets? (Either Monster Wars or Duo)
    BzChoy wrote: »
    BTW the Variable GEO games.

Any tiers?

Dunno for other VG, but for Advanced VG2, I know there are four characters that break the game in a way or another, but Kaori is on another level.

Super God tier
    Kaori: she has everything + an easy infinite she can set up by breathing.

God tier (not in any order)
    Miranda: highest stamina, hits like a truck, has an infinite and a 2-buttons AA super.
    Material: can zone and run away very well, high stamina + hits like a truck despite being a small character.
    Chiho: low stamina, but she can loop into genei-jin forever, so once she touches you with meter, it's over.

Yeah, both boss characters are allowed to be picked. I mean, considering Kaori is also allowed, why not?

I don't know for the rest. I guess I gotta dig deeper into the game. But the game being high damage and most characters having the same universal toolset as well as long limbs (thank you 90s waifus) mean the other ten characters are all tossed in a blurry mess of same-ish tiers.

I know you guys posted this a long time ago, but here's a recent Tourney i just happened to come across

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,372
    Going to look into something for preserving this thread before SRK closes, any ideas? This is one of the best threads on SRK seriously. This shit is a treasure.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    edited January 10
    Going to look into something for preserving this thread before SRK closes, any ideas? This is one of the best threads on SRK seriously. This shit is a treasure.

Hmmm, i didn't know about that. Gotta think of something. Maybe a Wiki, or a Youtube channel, or another forum or something.

This sucks.

I mean, i have all the tier lists made so far, backed up and saved but this still sucks. I always thought Shoryuken forums were pretty popular. This is unexpected.
    And this is the worst time for this to happen cause i'm out of town training for a job.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,977
    Man I think I still got that old zip of the old tier lists.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 444
    BANSHI wrote: »
    I know you guys posted this a long time ago, but here's a recent Tourney i just happened to come across

Oh thanks. It's been a while since I saw an actual high-level AVG2 video.
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • GizaGiza SoCal Power Stoner Joined: Posts: 624
    edited January 13
    There is a new One Piece Grand Adventure mod that a few people have been working on. So far only overall system changes have been made and no character specific changes. This is a rough estimate of the current tiers in its earliest release. Expect some of this to change when we figure out how to make a few minor character specific changes. This was ripped off the discord related to the game, but I added some explanations to some of the characters at the top and bottom.

- SS+
    Enel : Strong combo game, powerful zoning, high damage. A good all around package. His normals are pretty quick for the amount of range they have. His unlockable has ridiculous range as well. His assist last too long which allows for his zoning/stalling game to be too strong.

- SS
    Bon Kurei: Lots of quick safe moves that can cover a lot of distance or control a lot of space. Nice projectile, good priority, amazing range on normals. He also currently has an infinite in some situations if the opponent has no meter.

- S
    Shanks: Rushdown and combo god. His main assist, Benn Beckman, really amplifies his combo and rushdown games to the point that he becomes one of the strongest in the game.
    Mihawk: Another combo god, but more dependent on specific set ups. His keep away game is powerful enough to force you into these set ups especially with the aid of his unspinnable assist, Greatest Impact. His rushdown and combo games aren't as strong as Shanks' but his other tools make up for it.
    Robin: A tricky trap character with a powerful punish game. She is hard for many characters to approach, and if her opponent makes a misstep in doing so she can easily take off a good chunk of their health.
    Smoker: A beefy character with situational combos and some very safe moves. His wall combos are pretty fun to watch and perform. He also has a ranged grab special that can catch a lot of people off guard especially after he pushblocks back their attack.
    Nami: A fairly zoning character with a wide range of projectiles and tools. She also has a unique ability to push out a large amount of meter from her opponents. She has decent range on her moves, which have average speed. A very well rounded, and above average, character with a bit more of an emphasis on her zoning tools which shoots her up into this tier.

- A
    Kuina, Kuro, Chopper, Ace, Cockodile, Usopp, Luffy

- B
    Zoro, Sanji, Zeff, Wapol, Vivi, Buggy, Don Krieg, Arlong

- C
    Ohm: A little too slow and some of moves have weird hitboxes that dont protect him if the opponent is in his face.
    Tashigi: Lots of damage but has a hard time getting a chance to do it. Too slow and doesn't have enough safe moves.
    Post edited by Giza on
    Giza wrote: »
    There is a new One Piece Grand Adventure mod that a few people have been working on. So far only overall system changes have been made and no character specific changes. This is a rough estimate of the current tiers in its earliest release. Expect some of this to change when we figure out how to make a few minor character specific changes. This was ripped off the discord related to the game, but I added some explanations to some of the characters at the top and bottom.
    They should make online compatibility, i would play it.

• GizaGiza SoCal Power Stoner Joined: Posts: 624
    edited January 14
    BANSHI wrote: »
    They should make online compatibility, i would play it.
    The game runs ridiculously well over Dolphin's netplay.

You can find matches here -> OPGA discord
    Post edited by Giza on