Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE!!!

Comments

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,097
    I recently tried getting into 3d dot. Couldn't get into it.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,710
    Hecatom wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Who the fuck is buying Xbones in its current state?
    People who fall for "the most powerful console" tagline.

I argue with so many customers about this. They're delusional as fuck. Always lead with "it's so much better than PS4." I'm like "ok...why tho?" They usually say 4K BR Player or better games. I respond with "what games?" Then they go on to list multiplatform titles. It usually ends with them going "yeeeeaaa..." and me laughing.

I got no issue with people having a preference. Just don't use bullshit to try and defend your preference. There are a few legitimate reasons why one would prefer XB1 to PS4/Switch/PC. Why they choose to lie instead, I have no clue.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,957
    Closest I got to 3d dot heroes was Mitsuo's fuck face fest and his fetus boss.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,184
    55mERKa.png

These two questions better be some combination of:
    • Does it suck?
    • Do you want your money back?
    • Should we die in a fire?
    • If we had a choice between a glass of water and a gallon of bleach, which should we drink?
    • How bad do you want us to lose our jobs?
    • How big of a bag o' dicks should we eat?
    BfSHxnR.png
    wZTp9z7.png
    MmlYfYU.png

Huh, interesting. I haven't gotten a survey email like that but I'm pretty sure I am subscribed to EA's newsletter
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,368
    that reminds me of answering Valkyria Chronicles port questionnaire and it was pretty much asking "hey if we make a new game are yall going to buy this?" at the time we were freaking out thinking for once a company was actually using the dam things to ask us about something we were interested in.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,166
    The only reason why i bought an lolbox in the end was because a friend needed money and that gave me an excuse to get one and finally play KI :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited January 12
    Dark Souls Remastered won't have a legacy discount for owners who have the original version on Steam
    https://wccftech.com/dark-souls-remastered-priced-40/

its unconfirmed
    Update: A statement posted to the Steam forums by Bandai Namco community manager Izmar contradicts what the publisher told us earlier today, saying that they "haven't officially announced anything about the subject of a discount." The post doesn't confirm whether or not a discount is happening. We've contacted Bandai Namco again for clarification.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/
  • SonicabidSonicabid Jim Hussein Carrey Joined: Posts: 12,395
    edited January 13
    When the track is so hot

that they remix it for the new game
    Post edited by Sonicabid on
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Holy fuck FUCK THIS FUCKING GUN BOSS WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK MADE THEM THINK THIS FUCKING SHOTTY FUCKING BOSS WOULD BE ANY GODDAMN FUN. WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL?! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN FUCKING DESIGN THIS BULLSHIT.

I SERIOUSLY starting to hate Kiwami. What in the FUCK is going on with the fucking balance in this game. Why in the FUCK is the arena more fun than this?! Why in the FUCK did they give you shitty sub-par crowd control and tie all of Beast's halfway decent crowd control and escape to fucking heat when you can fucking generate any of it?! Why the FUCK does heat generate SO fucking slowly?!

Man, FUCK THIS FUCKING GODDAMN BULLSHIT

The salt israel
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,472
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    When the track is so hot

that they remix it for the new game

this is why fighting layer is gonna be bought. that classic soundtrack
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Madden for outstanding writing.....I'm so confused right now. And then if that game somehow wins over Horizon...

i think it got enough awards

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/11/game-of-the-year-2017-the-winners-as-voted-by-you/

i was so salty i hid it on facebook so i wouldn't get into a stupid argument. It even won best OST, when has anyone even mentioned Horizon's sound track.
    dudes getting a slap on the wrist of 32 months at MAX. this was a grown ass man calling a trained team of killers on an innocent person.

apparently you get away easily with intentionally putting somebody in mortal danger if "it was just a prank bro" fucking christ.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,128
    Chiro wrote: »
    dudes getting a slap on the wrist of 32 months at MAX. this was a grown ass man calling a trained team of killers on an innocent person.

apparently you get away easily with intentionally putting somebody in mortal danger if "it was just a prank bro" fucking christ.

According to Rolling Stone article the involuntary manslaughter charge can be between 32-136 months. Various factors like priors will determine how long his sentence will be. Since they are also investigating other swatting cases with the same guy he can get a longer sentence.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

According to Rolling Stone article the involuntary manslaughter charge can be between 32-136 months. Various factors like priors will determine how long his sentence will be. Since they are also investigating other swatting cases with the same guy he can get a longer sentence.

oh thank goodness. we need to make sure these assholes understand there's consequences to their actions. the possibility of people dying was always an there and i don't think a fatality alone will stop these nut jobs.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,963
    edited January 13
    Madden for outstanding writing.....I'm so confused right now. And then if that game somehow wins over Horizon...

Have you ever had faith in these awards to really honor the games that deserve praise?
    Also of note, that weird indie game Yume Nikki got ported to Steam. I know @Davidstar cares.
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,128

i think it got enough awards

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/11/game-of-the-year-2017-the-winners-as-voted-by-you/

i was so salty i hid it on facebook so i wouldn't get into a stupid argument. It even won best OST, when has anyone even mentioned Horizon's sound track.

Horizon, Uncharted and Destiny 2 beating out Sonic Mania, Nier and Persona 5 for best OST? Fuck out of here. This is some grade A BS.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,739
    "US" "PlayStation" "Blog" "Awards"

Lol @ expecting anything made in Japan to win anything.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • blueleonblueleon 2018 President Evil Joined: Posts: 2,293

I argue with so many customers about this. They're delusional as fuck. Always lead with "it's so much better than PS4." I'm like "ok...why tho?" They usually say 4K BR Player or better games. I respond with "what games?" Then they go on to list multiplatform titles. It usually ends with them going "yeeeeaaa..." and me laughing.

Are you not supposed to be a mindless & impartial sales drone, @Tyrone? No ones pays a crap about your opinion when you're on the clock in a blue on black dresscode. Don't forget the customers > you. No offence, that's just business.
    We were all sharing stories. Them about their missions and time in training, me about how I ended up in this line of work. And one marine saw a chick that caught his eye. He excuses him self and approaches her and her group. He introduces himself to the group and ask to speak with the chick he likes. Him and the lady get to talking, and with the utmost confidence, this dude ( in a suttle way ) suggest they get a room. And gives her a pat on the ass. Now if that was me or most other guys she probably throw a drink in my face or something. But I guess this dude just oozes so much machismo and alphaness, that she was turned on by his forwardness. And her friends were even impressed by him, and they ended up leaving together - BB_Hoody "When I'm on the clock, my opinion is all that matters."=Phantom Angel
    Tyrone, you're a mobile associate aren't you? Those dudes don't answer to anyone at Best Buy, lol.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 55
    All the flavors to choose and you all choose salty.

Are we really having a console war in here? With all these 30 year old dudes here?
    But any way I got my pre-owned XB1 from GameStop last year. It's fifty $ less than the competition and you simply need to understand some peeps are #teambillgates.
    g1363276273530161771.jpg

A small anecdote about this is when I requested an M rated title at Gamestop, and home boi cutely states I don't look eighteen so he asks for I.D.
    It wasn't too long ago when I was doing "Inspection arms" and sprinting across a parade deck by a 50 cent lookalike with a smokey the bear hat, and turned twenty one. Problem is I don't have it. The sale was refused. Thinking quickly, I decided to enter Best Buy the next block over and made transaction on said game without fault Lol. I ain't playing
    We were all sharing stories. Them about their missions and time in training, me about how I ended up in this line of work. And one marine saw a chick that caught his eye. He excuses him self and approaches her and her group. He introduces himself to the group and ask to speak with the chick he likes. Him and the lady get to talking, and with the utmost confidence, this dude ( in a suttle way ) suggest they get a room. And gives her a pat on the ass. Now if that was me or most other guys she probably throw a drink in my face or something. But I guess this dude just oozes so much machismo and alphaness, that she was turned on by his forwardness. And her friends were even impressed by him, and they ended up leaving together - BB_Hoody "When I'm on the clock, my opinion is all that matters."=Phantom Angel
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,710
    Tyrone, you're a mobile associate aren't you? Those dudes don't answer to anyone at Best Buy, lol.

Yea, lol. It's pretty similar for Appliances. Both are specialty/complex sales. Literally no one can do our jobs but us.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    blueleon wrote: »
    I requested an M rated title at Gamestop, and home boi cutely states I don't look eighteen so he asks for I.D.
    Funnily enuff its the same guy that sold me the console in addition to a 17+ game prior :wonder:
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,689
    Who the fuck is buying Xbones in its current state?

Xbone Fans.

I seriously know people who with every new revision or model buys a New Xbox 360 and later a new Xbox One.
    I was gonna buy an Xbone for Scalebound I thought it looked fucking awesome.

Then they canceled it...and thus canceled my desire to buy an Xbone.

Be honest, I was sorta on the fence about it, I want Scalebound but not a Xbone.
    I was hoping for a Steam PC release of the game.
    All the flavors to choose and you all choose salty.

Are we really having a console war in here? With all these 30 year old dudes here?

What Console war? Almost everyone agrees the Xbone sucks major skull.

More people needed to play 3D dot game heroes. That game is sooooo good.
    Anyone who loved old school 2D Zelda and similar adventure games would like it.
    The meta humor is like icing on the cake

blueleon wrote: »
    A small anecdote about this is when I requested an M rated title at Gamestop, and home boi cutely states I don't look eighteen so he asks for I.D.
    It wasn't too long ago when I was doing "Inspection arms" and sprinting across a parade deck by a 50 cent lookalike with a smokey the bear hat, and turned twenty one. Problem is I don't have it. The sale was refused. Thinking quickly, I decided to enter Best Buy the next block over and made transaction on said game without fault Lol. I ain't playing

I think the fact you served would be more than enough for me.
    If I was the clerk and you were in uniform I would take it as if your old enough to die for this country, you could handle a M rated game.

Also if I ever was a liquor store clerk or sold cigarettes, I would never card someone in their dress or service uniform rightfully wearing a medal of honor.
    Shit, if you are a living recipient of a medal of honor that means more to me that you have a right to alcohol than your date of birth.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • WeechoWeecho Hardcore Lurker Joined: Posts: 1,021
    edited January 13
    So I was going to starts Persoan 5 today but decided to get drunk instead. Should I play P5 or FF15 tomorrow?

It has been a ;ong time since I have played a RPG.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,043
    Dissidia NT open beta has a lot of new fans appreciating the intense 3 vs 3 fights, easy to learn and deep to master gameplay, and great features

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,402
    edited January 13
    Unfortunately whether you served or not isn't a factor to the person that is behind the counter. If you have a military ID? That's fine but they perform stings on places like GS, Target, and Wal-mart where if they catch you selling to someone underage (or possibly selling who may or may not be underage for all we know, they could easily just send someone in who is 17 and just say you sold to a minor) then the company gets a fine and more than likely the person who did the sale loses their job. I know for GS the person who sold the game loses their job at the very least guaranteed...doesn't matter how long you've been with the company or what you've done and the manager gets a first and final. This means every time the person behind the counter doesn't card someone who looks under the age of 30, they are playing Russian Roulette with their job.
    Post edited by Sonichuman on
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,301
    Weecho wrote: »
    So I was going to starts Persoan 5 today but decided to get drunk instead. Should I play P5 or FF15 tomorrow?

It has been a ;ong time since I have played a RPG.
    Persona 5
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,571
    Affinity trying to ruin Dissidia for everyone.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 55
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Blah

How old are you?

By and large, I see a lot of people in here clamoring for games that an average 13 year old wouldn't want shit to do with, so, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

When I look at the PS4 section in a Gamestop and see all these random games with anime characters that look boring as fuck, I actually have the thought "this must be one of those games those SRK dudes would play"

And for me it's not even about system.... I have 3 no...4 (I almost forgot about Fighting Layer) games to buy this year, and they're all for the PS4. However, I may change my mind on the Gals Fighters, because needing to finish with a super, is probably more stupid than no chip in SFV.

And, I'm sorry you like stuff like this:

61hJ8-tmi2L._AC_UL320_SR258,320_.jpg
    Who's mans is this?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file