The Thank You For The Memories Thread - Saying Goodbye to the Forums

13»

Comments

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,544
    the greatest post I remember from Missing Person is when he told that story of how he became gay and taking it in the ass for the first time

good times
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • SynonymSynonym S is for Synonym. Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Unfortunately I said everything I needed to about this place a couple years ago in a version of the Lounge last time they were talking about closing the forums down. Looked back at my oldest posts for nostalgia. Came here in 2011, and it took me a full year to even fuck with GD. Kinda funny to think about how I'm not even the same person anymore. I started here looking to improve my Juri in SF4. Some broke fuck in high school with confidence issues and emotional problems. Now I'm a grown man with a stable job, an improved mentality and a better outlook on life.

To reflect all the changes I've made, I think this name is finally going to die here. Made it back for Counter Strike Source in junior and kinda kept it. Whatever end game solution people come up with for keeping this community alive, I'm going with a new title when we all move.

XthAtG00fYC10WnX
    Read the rules. Look at the timer. All votes via PM. If you get banned, you get bonus points.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gonna miss this old place.. great discussions, arguments and gdlike threads. Its gonna be weird not browsing the forums in my spare time, gonna miss the shade throws, well placed heston gifs, yellow fever inspired posts with long back asian girls, one piece speculation, geeking out in the transformers/MCU threads among other things...

Well at the end of the month if there is no save or alternative I wish you all the best.

AggravatingIgnorantBluegill-max-1mb.gif
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,552
    @OrangeCat motherfucker give me your cooking bookmarks. Lol. I can't find your your delicious account anymore.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,071
    Synonym wrote: »
    Unfortunately I said everything I needed to about this place a couple years ago in a version of the Lounge last time they were talking about closing the forums down. Looked back at my oldest posts for nostalgia. Came here in 2011, and it took me a full year to even fuck with GD. Kinda funny to think about how I'm not even the same person anymore. I started here looking to improve my Juri in SF4. Some broke fuck in high school with confidence issues and emotional problems. Now I'm a grown man with a stable job, an improved mentality and a better outlook on life.

To reflect all the changes I've made, I think this name is finally going to die here. Made it back for Counter Strike Source in junior and kinda kept it. Whatever end game solution people come up with for keeping this community alive, I'm going with a new title when we all move.

XthAtG00fYC10WnX

XthAtN4rc0l3pt1CGuYX
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • OrangeCatOrangeCat Life is a highway Joined: Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BullDancer wrote: »
    @OrangeCat motherfucker give me your cooking bookmarks. Lol. I can't find your your delicious account anymore.

Only 3 resources use now for all cooking related shit:

https://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/
    http://www.seriouseats.com/
    https://www.americastestkitchen.com/ if you don't want to pay, you just use the videos,.
    Street Fighter 4 made my pants go to poopy town. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I POOPED MY PANTS!
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,552
    My Mans. Thanks brotha @OrangeCat
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    Man...I go to write at least one awesome thing for SRK:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180383/a-litany-of-hate-what-makes-us-survive-remembering-sam-sanders

Don't think I've would've legitimately done that for any other community.

I wrote something similar back when the front page first started and we still had that weird individual blog feature. Buddy of mine just randomly died at my house while we were playing IV. I found out later it was basically a heart attack because a blood clot in his leg moved up to his heart. RIP Everett Chavez Brooks

Btw, where did the IV forums move to, or were they deleted? I want to see if anyone might be in the C.Viper sub.

All the SF4 stuff got moved to the USF4 subforums I think.
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,077 mod
    Well this thread is fortunately pointless now :3
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • J4YX2J4YX2 oh, hi XD Joined: Posts: 540
    Well this thread is fortunately pointless now :3

IT'S OK, YOU TRIED TO DO A GOOD THING *pats shoulder*
    Pablo_the_Mex: Yo what's going down? I have just now recovered from Evo.
    J4Yx2: Aren't grapplers ALWAYS slow on recovery? haha =P
    Pablo_the_Mex: Yes. Slow to recover, but quick to hardbody. All day.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This should be kept around. A decade down the line, we can look back and have a laugh about that time when SRK was in danger of getting K.O.'d by fucking smash players and furries.

The best part about it was a good portion of the OG community showed up, wouldn't take shit and rallied the troops so that SRK can save itself :tup
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file