Final Fantasy Dissidia thread. Sequel announced!

1272829303133»

Comments

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,408
    Dissida 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - Japanese Final Trailer
    Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Video Game, Japanese Final Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Any guesses on who might be trying to talk to Butz before they cut it off?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• IchipooIchipoo Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Most likely Gilgamesh
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • DrakaDraka Joined: Posts: 54
    Prishe Scan here

Prishe will be voiced by Aya Hirano. The scan also mentions a DLC costume for Squall
    SSF4 Main : Gen, Guy, Ryu, Ken, Oni, E. Ryu, honda, gief, Dee Jay, Juri, Hakan
    Third Strike : Ken, Ryu, Yun, Yang, Hugo, Alex, Q, Sean
    ST : Honda, Blanka, Sagat, ryu, ken, Bison, Balrog
  • CommanderIronFistCommanderIronFist Joined: Posts: 2
    This game is shit compared to Tekken. Just a shallow button masher with FF characters. Quit playing this shit, and play Tekken.
  • SaitsuofleavesSaitsuofleaves SHE'S AANNGGRRYY!!!! Joined: Posts: 5,346
    This game is shit compared to Tekken. Just a shallow button masher with FF characters. Quit playing this shit, and play Tekken.

Why do you care again? I'm sure you wouldn't want Dissidia players disgracing the GLORY that is Tekken.
    3 Words to define a Generation. CITY FUCKING ESCAPE
    SSF4: Rose/Yang/E.Ryu (T-Hawk in training), VSav: Rikuo(Aubath)/Morrigan, 3S: Ryu/Yang
  • CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    Any attempt at making a FF Fighting Game is fail without Mash Figaro.

As I see it.
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • Mr. BeefMr. Beef HALP Joined: Posts: 963
    Where did the two trolls come from? At least one of them got banned. =/
    "Paul Bearer rape is perhaps the scariest concept ever devised. " - IzunaDrop
    I'm Professor Beef on the internet. I'm just too cheap to actually pay for a name change here.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,197
    Bartz vs Gil:

Prishe vs CoD:

Laguna vs Ultimecia:
    - Laguna vs. Ultimecia » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Yuna vs Jecht:
    - Yuna vs. Jecht » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Firion vs Emperor:
    - Firion vs. The Emperor » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Kain vs Golbez:
    - Kain vs. Golbez » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Vaan vs Gabranth:
    - Vaan vs. Gabranth » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Lightning vs Garland:
    - Lightning vs. Garland » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Zidane vs Kuja:
    - Zidane vs. Kuja » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    Tifa vs Sephiroth:
    - Tifa vs. Sephiroth » DISSIDIA 012 [DUODECIM
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,062
    Someone uploaded the opening battle, but it's not the real opening, it's more like a teaser opening with numbers flashing on the screen (it's like 3 minutes, people label it as the fake opening.) Maybe the real opening battle FMV will be uploaded tommorrow (and mirrored so isn't taken down).
    Well, looks like Ramza or any other FFT character isn't in this game, so therefore this game is ass...... j/k. :rofl: :sad:

Hmmm, interesting. :tup:
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,408
    Soooo the Prologus will be available on PSN on March 15th so sayeth this new trailer

FF Dissidia 012 duodecim - Two Divine Powers Trailer
    Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy Video Game, Two Divine Powers Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

it's in english. And according to this Playstation blog, the prologus it will be $2.99 when it releases.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• DrakaDraka Joined: Posts: 54
    I'll just go ahead and leave this here.

- [Dissidia 012 online

It's five people vs Desperado Chaos equipped with a hacked HP accessory over Ad-hoc Party
    SSF4 Main : Gen, Guy, Ryu, Ken, Oni, E. Ryu, honda, gief, Dee Jay, Juri, Hakan
    Third Strike : Ken, Ryu, Yun, Yang, Hugo, Alex, Q, Sean
    ST : Honda, Blanka, Sagat, ryu, ken, Bison, Balrog
  • Dark_ChaotixDark_Chaotix Chaos Control! Joined: Posts: 41
    does anyone play this game at all? I have a few questions to ask
    does anyone play this game at all? I have a few questions to ask
    I personally gave up playing online when I couldn't find a way to beat pro Ultimecias and became lazy to check DISSIDAFORUMS for match up strats so I decided to play the game for fun when I'm bored.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn Battle Arena 2 - Spirits Burst is a much better fighter for the PSP IMO. Too bad nobody wants to play that either. :sad:
    I personally gave up playing online when I couldn't find a way to beat pro Ultimecias and became lazy to check DISSIDAFORUMS for match up strats so I decided to play the game for fun when I'm bored.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn Battle Arena 2 - Spirits Burst is a much better fighter for the PSP IMO. Too bad nobody wants to play that either. :sad:

Ah, so when you mean online was that via ps3?

And how are Ultimecias so pro and hard to beat?
    Ah, so when you mean online was that via ps3?

And how are Ultimecias so pro and hard to beat?
    In most cases yes.

A good Ulti who knows what they're doing will NEVER let the opponent get in on them, especially if their opponent uses a character that requires them to get in close to deal damage such as Cloud, Squall, and Lightning, just to name a few, which is a majority of online.
    In most cases yes.

A good Ulti who knows what they're doing will NEVER let the opponent get in on them, especially if their opponent uses a character that requires them to get in close to deal damage such as Cloud, Squall, and Lightning, just to name a few, which is a majority of online.

I see....Makes sense.

Is there a site where I can learn how to get ps3 online going?

Also, im looking for info in regards to setups and what actual items do (such as Iai strike for example). I cant seem to find a site that has list of items and how to get them.
    So, about Dissidia NT.
    Who is getting it?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,644
    I considered. Then remembered I have no one to play with
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    Open Beta on jan 12 to 21, from 6:00 PST to 13:00 PST

https://www.dissidiafinalfantasynt.com/en-us/beta/
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,140
    Hecatom wrote: »
    So, about Dissidia NT.
    Who is getting it?

I'm going to pick up the game when it goes on sale. Monster Hunter will eat my time this month.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 791
    Anyone tried the beta?
    The game feels a bit slow, I don't like the lock on system at all and the matchmaking is long.
    Still I think the netcode is great, 7 lag free games in a row so far and the game is beautiful. I'm actually having fun now that I'm starting to understand what's going on.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,765
    Played a bit this morning. Used Cecil the whole time. I'm actually curious what the tier list looks like since its been in arcades for awhile
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,644
    Having no interest in buying it, DL'd it and played it for 20 minutes before deciding it was too much chaos, button and gameplay wise
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,277
    just downloaded the beta, went through the tutorial
    rly liking it so far
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    It's a fun game but man January is expensive with AE's character pass and DBFZ.
    I'm worried about the single player content for this game and the fact that it won't be enjoyable online if I don't find 2 friends to play with, random people don't seem to understand that it's a team game.
    I played like 50 games and only 2-3 were laggy, that's impressive for à 3vs3 game. Can't wait to try Noctis!
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 636
    edited January 15
    NT feels more clunky than its predecessors; I really dislike the new guard mechanic.

It's still fun as shit, though. Cecil is awesome.
    edited January 16
    hey the block mechanic is a lifesaver. just dont hold it if they are gonna use a HP attack.
    plus its so epic when blocking sword users attacks. clang clang clang! xD

well the new combination of beta test characters are up

edited January 16
    affinity wrote: »
    hey the block mechanic is a lifesaver. just dont hold it if they are gonna use a HP attack.
    plus its so epic when blocking sword users attacks. clang clang clang! xD

well the new combination of beta test characters are up

I much preferred the old style where it wasn't held but timed and granted you a punish (but you got punished if you blocked too early and got baited.)

I'm trying Kain now; Gungnir is an awful HP attack (to be fair it was bad in the last one) and Jump is... strange. Kinda wish they left Jump as a basic HP attack.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,885
    I have zero clue what I'm doing; is there a "
    Tutorial online which actually goes over how you're supposed to play?
    Muttonman wrote: »
    When you launch the beta you go immediately in the tutorial, or just go far right in main menu.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,885
    JLALloyd wrote: »
    Muttonman wrote: »
    When you launch the beta you go immediately in the tutorial, or just go far right in main menu.

How to actually play the game, not how the controls work. What's the basic tactics? How should an assassin approach combat? What's a marksman priorities? How does the mixup game function?
    Dissidia is a lot of baiting, dodging and punishing. There is, quite obviously, a far greater emphasis on spacing than there is execution; if you're trying to learn anything, it should be how far moves reach so you can whiff punish.

I believe the Assassin archetype is probably best suited for assaulting the slower casting/marksman characters. Just stick to their ass and prevent them from dominating the battlefield with their large nuke spells which tend to take a while to cast.

There really isn't much of a mix up game. Try to predict dodge directions and catch their dodge recovery frames. Seems like blindsiding the fuck out of people engaged with a teammate is the best plan of attack.
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 556
    Solo queuing kind of sucks, just takes one laggy guy on either team to make the whole game unplayable.