SRK Forums *NOT* closing down at the end of January 2018

191011121315»

Comments

• OrangeCatOrangeCat Life is a highway Joined: Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    fishjie wrote: »
    OrangeCat wrote: »

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE RETURNED OH MY GOD YOU ARE MY HERO THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK CAN YOU ADD ME ON FACEBOOK PLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLS

llamas forlife
    Street Fighter 4 made my pants go to poopy town. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I POOPED MY PANTS!
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 846
    Got some feedback from vanilla, should definitely be able to get a database copy and the archive will include it. If we go to opensource some features like reactions will be lost without developer intervention, but essentially it's almost a drag and drop replace. They said shouldn't take more than 5-10 min to configure it.

Theme selection and our current themes would be lost probably without developer intervention.

Migration should be possible. Got this info from a mod but he said he'd have a support staffer look and give me a better response.

Part of the reason I'm using Vanilla is in the hopes of vanilla->vanilla easy migration. Assuming we can get the backed up data in the first place...
  • Lucky ZeroLucky Zero Joined: Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So does that mean we're stuck with Vanilla? Aren't there ways to convert databases for vb?
  • flickyflicky Why do people run from me? Joined: Posts: 980
    So does that mean we're stuck with Vanilla? Aren't there ways to convert databases for vb?

vB is dead.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 846
    If people died when they moved to Vanilla I'm not sure how they'll handle a migration to Discourse...

But it is a nice, modern platform.

Please tell me they are hosting it themselves...instead of paying a cloud hosting fee again.
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,823 mod
    Every time we get new forum software its a big change. As long as we get some decent dark hued themes, it should be all good.

Gonna unsticky this since SRK is no longer closing down.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • StockyJamStockyJam beat me like the bitch that i am Joined: Posts: 6,055
    edited January 11
    maybe this isnt about the cost of maintaining the forums.
    mayybe its because the forums are...hm. how do i put this? controversial. liberal. loose. decadent.
    in the forums...we curse. we post up things of adult nature. sexual talk. drug talk. just..not "family friendly" nsfw talk...

and mr.wizard who's always hated the gd forums possibly has plans to expand his evo/esports business and doesnt want the forums to be a financial liability to his esports/sponsored enterprises.

ever thought of that?
    more i think about it, the less i think its about money. and more about cutting the liability(these forums) loose.
    i mean just look at my avatar for god's sake lol lol
    hard to ask pepsi to sponsor evo/srk with a nigga rocking a barbie in a s&m dungeon haha.
    corporations HATE controversy or anything....yunno.
    especially in this super sjw politically correct age we now live in.
    saccharin > sugar these days boi.
    just a thought
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,931
    StockyJam wrote: »
    maybe this isnt about the cost of the forums.
    mayybe its because the forums are...hm. how do i put this? controversial. liberal. loose. decadent.
    in the forums...we curse. we post up things of adult nature. sexual talk. drug talk. just..not "family friendly" nsfw talk...

and mr.wizard who's always hated the gd forums possibly has plans to expand his evo/esports business and doesnt want the forums to be a financial liability to his esports/sponsored enterprises.

ever thought of that?
    more i think about it, the less i think its about money. and more about cutting the liability(these forums) loose.
    i mean just look at my avatar for god's sake lol lol
    just a thought

did you even read the post right before yours? SRK no longer closing down.
    shut up TGS
  • StockyJamStockyJam beat me like the bitch that i am Joined: Posts: 6,055
    i was actually on page 14 when i wrote it.
    oh good.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yo @Ranma save that work on an external and lock it in a safe. Might need it in a few years.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,199
    Pertho wrote: »
    Every time we get new forum software its a big change. As long as we get some decent dark hued themes, it should be all good.

Gonna unsticky this since SRK is no longer closing down.

By the way how many times has SRK moved onto a new platform? I'm only aware of switching from some old ass forum system onto Vanilla Forums (and AFAIK it didn't happen all that long ago)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,460 admin
    edited January 12
    vbulletin =vbulletin crash=> vbulletin ==> xenforo ==> vanilla =?=> discourse , iirc

Somewhere in there a lot of old accounts got purged and killed a ton of old legendary threads. :sad:

* added in server crash

Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of this.

Support ForumTraffic: help keep SRK alive and make money at the same time!

• Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah I lost like 5000 posts lol
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn what a roller coaster. Glad to see SRK stayin alive
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,655
    Preppy be strong my brother, just purge all the unjust from here, starting with mcribs.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,353
    I was wondering what all this Vanilla talk was about because I thought we used Vbulletin. Then I checked last night for the first time in years. When and why did we start using Vanilla? I've heard of other types of forums but not Vanilla. I would've thought the second best choice would be phpbb or some other well-known community forum software.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In a month you'll wish we were using Vanilla
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    In a month you'll wish we were using Vanilla
    What's up with discourse? Is there some issue with it? I honestly don't know anything about forum software. :confused:

I was out all day and just heard the SRK forums will remain.
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't care what we use so long as it's something.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If discourse ain't got animated avs Imma stick to my discord and hope I can get more than 5 ppl in it.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Cute Ultra Lovable Thot Joined: Posts: 4,021
    edited January 13
    Just make sure to port over our imaginary totally real points 393823659782832140.gif

(> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file