KOF XIV General Discussion - King of Fighters XIV Arcade Ver. Burn 2 Fight cabinets from Taito!

1615616617618619621»

Comments

• Chizuru_Youko96Chizuru_Youko96 Joined: Posts: 291
    edited January 11
    What's up with the timing? Two of my visited sites decide to shut down in the same month? Oh well, so long everyone, hope to see y'all KOF fellows again someday, and i guess this quote is appropriate for the occasion:
    No matter who it is, with anyone you meet, there's always a goodbye...
    And regarding that new game announcement, i like how it strikes all 3 at once: "NGBC2" as a 2vs2 fighter, a Switch game and looking at the poster, which has Kukri in it, it's also the game for Nariyuki Quest, the April Fool joke turn webcomic according to @Diavle.
  • Sexy_TerrySexy_Terry Joined: Posts: 86
    WAT
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,193
    That looks so awful.
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 311
    Don't know how I feel about that announcement,Granted if they announce a new samurai showdown game in the near future then i'll care less about what ever type of game this turns out to be
    SFV:AE-Laura,Ed,Sakura
    GGrev-Leo,Baiken,
    BB-Jubei,mai,Hibiki
    FEXl-Kari,Allen
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,544
    Looks cute but can they please improve the graphics

......lol
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,173
    AirLancer wrote: »

So it's a Waifu 2vs2 fighter that uses KOFXIV engine and has customization for each character

SNK gonna go big with this one lol
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 321
    edited January 11
    It's basically MVCI with reusing models from another game, still looks bad(in MVCI's case it looks worse), team based game but this time its aimed at waifu lovers.

Who at SNK thought this was a sick and creative idea?

KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    DBFZ: Gohan Blanco/Future Trunks/Piccolo
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
    It's basically MVCI with reusing models from another game, still looks bad(in MVCI's case it looks worse), team based game but this time its aimed at waifu lovers.

Nintenkids will probably like it
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Two years later and they still haven't learned how to use a proper shader. Didn't they get the memo with XIV that this looks bad? And they release a mini-fighting game with a fraction of XIV's roster, which was the only excuse for how it looked... They really want to go down again, don't they?
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Two years later and they still haven't learned how to use a proper shader. Didn't they get the memo with XIV that this looks bad? And they release a mini-fighting game with a fraction of XIV's roster, which was the only excuse for how it looked... They really want to go down again, don't they?

This is a spinoff with a much smaller budget, I don;t think this needs stuff like new shader
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Sexy Fighting Game Renaissance Joined: Posts: 3,396
    I don't know what to think. Is it possible to be happy, angry, and confused at the same time?

Also, if any you are curious about the KOF Destiny, the last episode shown on last page where Kyo and Terry finally duke it out with Rugal... there is another input after that episode... BUT... DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILERS UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CURIOUS.

Rugal gets extremely pissed and utilizes the black crystals to become Omega Rugal. Omega Rugal attempts to kill everyone else. Kyo however takes him on directly, even after getting badly beaten earlier. To see that whole sequence, click the video below and go to 7:48 at that time stamp.

THIS TAKES PLACE AFTER... Rugal's Dark Barrier (somehow) gets busted/cracked and he gets blown back.

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Geese, Xiaoyu, Jin, Lars, Lee, Steve, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

PVL_93_RU wrote: »

This is a spinoff with a much smaller budget, I don;t think this needs stuff like new shader

Any low budget indie can come up with a half decent looking anime shader, you have the art which is anime as hell and a content that is fanservicey as all hell, then you get these KOF XIV cut and pastes, makes no sense at all. It's like they refuse to make money.
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 310
    Heroine Frenzy looks so good. I hope my girl Zarina makes it in
    Mary for Street Fighter V

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

5:18

Finally, Genocide Cutter. I've been waiting for the last 3-4 episode for this.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 228
    Trying to play Nelson and I just understood his whole thing with the command attacks. It's hard to get close against a defensive player, but he can screw with your brain big time.
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 321

Rugal gets extremely pissed and utilizes the black crystals to become Omega Rugal. Omega Rugal attempts to kill everyone else. Kyo however takes him on directly, even after getting badly beaten earlier. To see that whole sequence, click the video below and go to 7:48 at that time stamp.

THIS TAKES PLACE AFTER... Rugal's Dark Barrier (somehow) gets busted/cracked and he gets blown back.

So they go the lame route and use the power of friendship to beat the bad guy.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    I don't mind. It looks like a silly game about waifus that can become a big cashgrab with DLC and microtransactions since it's said that you can bet ingame currency during fights.
    More concerned about what NISA will do this time to upsed people than any other stuff.

As for Destiny. Poor King, got replaced by Athena in the final showdown. Ryo, Robert and Daimon could've helped but I guess they're not that popular.

About XIV. I got destroyed by a Chang player last week and had a poor performance in a local tourney. I really need to get my ass back to lab and the wait for 3.0 is not an excuse.
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]

Any low budget indie can come up with a half decent looking anime shader, you have the art which is anime as hell and a content that is fanservicey as all hell, then you get these KOF XIV cut and pastes, makes no sense at all. It's like they refuse to make money.

This is a super-casual fighter made purely fanservice, they weren't going to make a lot of money with this one either way
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,764 mod
    Of course my brother comes home from work all hype about this girls tag team shit. I was just like "yup, makes sense". My brother is the full anime.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Sexy Fighting Game Renaissance Joined: Posts: 3,396
    This is essentially Gal Fighters 2.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]

• umgogoumgogo The Memory Protector Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Please don't equate this with Gals Fighters, that game actually had proper special move motions and decent graphics and gameplay for a turn-of-the-millennium portable fighter....
    Hello, child. Shall we continue your lessons?
    umgogo wrote: »
    Please don't equate this with Gals Fighters, that game actually had proper special move motions and decent graphics and gameplay for a turn-of-the-millennium portable fighter....

Think what you want. I'll stand by my opinion until I see a bit more of the game play and its developmental cycle. If you are going to hold it against me because of that then be my guest.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]

• ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 268
    The reveal trailers have me nervous since the amount of normals seen were incredibly limited. I'd like to have at least ABC S. I also have a feeling that SNK might USF4/SxT us with new characters from Heroines becoming DLC for XIV (that said I hope Fio shows up).

Also, I'd buy Bikini cat Leona costume DLC for XIV ... especially if it changes some of her sounds (like Meitenkuns pillows "meowing").

Nintenkids will probably like it

You forgot the horny waifu cult that's been growing at a fast rate. Wouldn't surprise me if this actually sold well, especially in Japan.

• KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    ottomatic wrote: »
    The reveal trailers have me nervous since the amount of normals seen were incredibly limited. I'd like to have at least ABC S. I also have a feeling that SNK might USF4/SxT us with new characters from Heroines becoming DLC for XIV (that said I hope Fio shows up).

Also, I'd buy Bikini cat Leona costume DLC for XIV ... especially if it changes some of her sounds (like Meitenkuns pillows "meowing").
    If Blue Mary is announced for this before XIV people will riot. Speaking of which, make Cat Leona be like her Riot of the Blood state.
    orochi-leona-kof2k2-run.gif
    But I would rather have the maid costume from the silly manga:
    DQaTDk6V4AAybBa.jpg:orig

I would also buy that idol costume for Athena
    Or almost any previous costume from older games for Athena
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    edited January 13
    Yeah Gals Fighters had great aesthetics and imaginative movesets full of humor and references, plus it was a good game on its own. This is just waifu pandering, and one that looks awful at that.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,336
    If you think a game is bad because it doesn't have special move commands, you're ridiculous. If you think the game is just waifu pandering, you didn't pay close enough attention to the trailers. It very much looks like an evolution of Gals Fighters mechanically.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 733
    I wouldn’t mind if gal fighters was included in this game with online support.
    Luong, you sadistic witch...
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]

edited January 14
    that bitch is really doing that infront of a crowd. Kim doesn't deserve this
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,544
    It seems to me they're focusing on a women audience on this one.
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
    Geese looks weird in this artstyle.
  • Dark_TzitzimineDark_Tzitzimine Joined: Posts: 95
    My boys in Team Mexico look glorious.

Oh and John Xuandu did a pretty extensive analysis of both trailers of SNK Heroines

• EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 87
    Cronopio getting all riled up over this SNK Heroines game. And I understand this perfectly, it doesn't look that much better than XIV graphically speaking. I even thought that the game will tank. Then i realised there's more waifutards than actual KOF/SNK fans. I'd imagine this will outperform XIV, XIII, XII(duh) in sales if they put the right girls in. Put Iroha in that game and its a wrap for Japan. It's on the Ps4 which is nice, but being on the Switch is a big deal.

When I say KOF/SNK fans I mean the ones who do purchase SNK games not the ones who bootleg their cabinets back in the day or play Fightcade 24 7. KOF has many fans but that never translates to sales. I'm personally not going to buy it but I wish for the best, I already see people happy with how it is right now. Inb4 they put a FF character in Smash Bros, they already thrown Terry(and Benimaru) in Xuan Dou Zhi Wang(obscure Chinese fighter), Mai in DOA5 and Geese in Tekken 7. Maybe SNK are doing this since they aren't doing anything else with their franchise. FF hype is all hot air anyway, yeah I said it.

I see a theme here
    zPAOiPj.jpg
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    If you think a game is bad because it doesn't have special move commands, you're ridiculous. If you think the game is just waifu pandering, you didn't pay close enough attention to the trailers. It very much looks like an evolution of Gals Fighters mechanically.

If you think this is anything more than a cashgrab aimed at virgins, you're ridiculous. If you believe this is an "evolution" of Gal's Fighters in any kind of way, maybe you should get your eyes checked. Or stop shilling SNK on everything they do, maybe.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,336
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

If you think this is anything more than a cashgrab aimed at virgins, you're ridiculous. If you believe this is an "evolution" of Gal's Fighters in any kind of way, maybe you should get your eyes checked. Or stop shilling SNK on everything they do, maybe.

I can see just fine. Are you familiar with Gals Fighters? Because if you are, I'm not sure how you're so oblivious to all of the mechanics in Gals Fighters coming back when it's right in front of your face. It's literally Gals Fighters but with added tagging, ground bounces, wall bounces, jump cancels, and wall jumps like AoF. The down down supers that gave character specific buffs were turned into items. Everything else in terms of combat mechanics is the same. It's literally Gals Fighters 2. Maybe actually watch the trailers and pay attention. Blatantly ignoring the facts of how the game works because it has bikinis is moronic.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!