Anime & Manga Thread v.5 FAQ/IRC: See OP. Welcome to 2017.

Comments

• StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Forums saved, anime isn't. Still trash!
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But But this is the best season, muh waifus!!! muh yuri!!!!

Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stabby wrote: »

But anime tiddy is top tier. Give us your top 10 anime tiddy, Stabby.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I finally saw Gantz:O. It was good, but the ending was confusing because apparently you can leave the room until it's time to go on another mission? Did the anime change that up or what because I don't remember them ever leaving the room.

I suppose I should read the manga.

Gantz:O follows the events of that arc in the manga almost exactly. Only differences are just shortening or removing some things, but what is in there is in the manga. The manga makes even less and less sense as it goes on and the Osaka arc was the start of it just getting really dumb.
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,667
    Stabby wrote: »
    I-i-it's not I like enjoy posting in here, o-o-kay? Don't misundertand, b-baka baaaaka!
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,720

Anime is indeed trash.

I am weak to yuri though, it's one of the reasons why I found maid dragon kinda tolerable despite me hating slice of life crap.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,325
    edited January 13
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    I am weak to yuri though, it's one of the reasons why I found maid dragon kinda tolerable despite me hating slice of life crap.
    Yuri? I'd accept Lucoa as a reason. Or Kanna. The yuri game is way too weak in that show.

Death March whatever is just like Kro said, yuck. I usually wait 4-5 episodes but nah, not on that one.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,720
    reh wrote: »
    Yuri? I'd accept Lucoa as a reason. Or Kanna. The yuri game is way too weak in that show.

Enough for me to like it, we had tohru x kobayashi and tohru x kobayashi. Plus there was some character development. Again, I don't think it's the greatest anime in the world since I find slice of life boring as shit 99% of time I just found it tolerable.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,304

Anime is indeed trash.

OMG I almost died choking on my popcorn from laughing so hard.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,542
    Damn the last couple of chapters of Someday We'll Get There really make me wish Namco hadn't taken the Niantic approach to fixing the framerate issues of local multiplayer for the latest Gundam Vs.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • StockyJamStockyJam beat me like the bitch that i am Joined: Posts: 6,055
    dope as fuck

i think its called Blame if i remember right
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,373
    edited January 14
    Yeah blames pretty decent.

Well FranXX is getting an episode 2 for sure. Not the first time I've seen an entrance in this vein but 02 has my attention.
    Post edited by Sephiroth73003 on
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,077 mod
    Card Captor Sakura bitches
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • EphidelEphidel 02 OG Joined: Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kokkoku 2 is out for anybody watching
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel
    Discord: Ephidel
    Kokkoku seems pretty good so far. OP is dope too.
  • SaikyoticAlxSaikyoticAlx The Fist of the South Pole Joined: Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought Highschool DxD season 4 was premiering this season--need more Rias
    NYiXHvF.gif

Anyone else finish reading the rest of the Girls' Last Tour manga (Chapters 29-42) after the anime ended (anime ends around Chapter 28)?
    8IKPBfe.jpg
  • krokro Joined: Posts: 716
    Yeah blames pretty decent.

Well FranXX is getting an episode 2 for sure. Not the first time I've seen an entrance in this vein but 02 has my attention.

Same. It's a mecha show by Trigger that's reminiscent of E7/Eva. The heroine is also similar to Anemone in both looks and personality.

PSA: There's a manga version being released at the same time drawn by Yabuki (To Love Ru).

RnXBLN5.jpg

Interesting cockpit...
    TzqACmH.jpg
    I thought Highschool DxD season 4 was premiering this season--need more Rias
    NYiXHvF.gif

Legit is DxD season 1 ED the best ED of all time. Like legit I've never seen an ending with so many frames of animation and fit an anime so well.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    imma need to check out this FranXX , if yall throwin around E7 name like that. thats not a name you should throw around lightly tho
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,503
    FranXX does looks cool, at least.

So far I at least can follow Grancrest and CCS as well.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,529
    Stupid late on it but i'm enjoying the Dragon Maid anime.
    I was like how dare they call that show Record of anything and then I checked it out and it turns out the creator is Ryo Mizuno XD

Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    Damn the animation in this show is booty
    Mains:
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Damn the animation in this show is booty

Grancrest? or what show? I mean next to evergarden it might not be great but didn't like stick out with awfulness. Any pics?
    Grancrest has some poo animation at times. But then in weird mundane scenes it is good lol. I was expecting it to have a better budget for some reason. Oh well.
    Mains:
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,542
    Damn the robot in FranXX looks so similar to the main character's one in Star Driver, do they have the same mech designer or something?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited January 16
    The character designer is Masayoshi Tanaka from Anohana/your name/hitman/high school of the dead, which is what the characters look like when they don't look like trigger characters.
    Mains:
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,572
    Grancrest has some poo animation at times. But then in weird mundane scenes it is good lol. I was expecting it to have a better budget for some reason. Oh well.
    Yeah, the animation is not so good. So far, Grimgar is the recent swords and sorcery series that really stood out to me in the art and animation department. I will also say that I am surprised that Grancrest is based on a light novel as I, based on the crest stuff, would have guessed that it was based off of a mobile game.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,293 mod
    Re: Darling in the FranXX

Klaxosaurs are Life Fiber beings. Zero-Two is a half Life Fiber human similar to Ryuuko Matoi. The FranXX are Life Fiber imbued mecha, probably even Kamui - two people are needed to pilot to keep them from getting absorbed/eaten. Zero-Two drains her partners because she synchronizes so much, it drains large amounts of blood from them.

Hiro has lost his way at the start of the series.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,325
    Franxx just doesn't work out for me I guess, the mech suddenly evolving with eyes and talking(?), nah.
    The last mecha show I really enjoyed was Kuromukuro for the great fights/choreography. Already so long ago...

Favorite show so far is Yuru Camp, comfy time. And Citrus because of reasons. Good, valid reasons.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I’m really liking Citrus.

Does that make me weird? Do I need help?
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Instal
    Naw it just makes you a cookie cutter yuri loving degenerate like 99% of this thread. Keep it moving.

Mains:
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Naw it just makes you a cookie cutter yuri loving degenerate like 99% of this thread. Keep it moving.
    I’ve never watched or read anything yuri though. This is more or less my first exposure to it.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Instal
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,048
    I’ve never watched or read anything yuri though. This is more or less my first exposure to it.

Same here. So good! Omg.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,655
    FranXX is some high caliber bullshit, but we do have Garo and meh maybe Grancrest will do something.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,293 mod
    reh wrote: »
    Franxx just doesn't work out for me I guess, the mech suddenly evolving with eyes and talking(?), nah..

What did you expect? It's Trigger and A-1 reliving the former's late 90s to mid 2000s stuff when they were still in Gainax. Basically combining an Eva/post-Eva style plot with the hyperkinetic visual style they developed in shows like FLCL and Gurren Laggan (and Kill la Kill) - especially since Imaishi is in charge of the action sequences.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,655
    Those are some rose tinted glasses you wearing dude, i didnt get a hint of any of that when i watched that show.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    I got a shit ton of Evangelion vibes. Maybe it's just you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file