Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- one of life's gilty pleasures

Comments

• dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2017
    Was kinda bored and played a friend recently and it came up so was curious how well is it known about the differences in hurt box size from FD, to regular guard? And with that how certain characters actually have multiple different blocks that are possible to get, and the ones you get are not determined by stun level of attacks but just specific attacks it self. Whats more when attacks are on the screen you can use proximity blocking of attacks that dont hit to then force the opponent to get hit by attacks that normally are unable to hit.... A strange example would be say if ky has a ex dust on the screen, it cant hit the opponent, BUT depending on the attacks I wiff, it will hit the opponent vs some attacks wiffing mean it can not hit.

Its pretty random, and obscure and every character is actually not effected by it... but its some are and its in GG games and I was thinking I havnt posted anything related to GG in a long time. Is this new or interesting to people that I should make a video about or???
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    That sounds bizarre, but interesting. Wasn't personally aware of such a thing.
    ya hrmm i had to go get the game from my brother ill try to make a video of it maybe tommorow.. one problem is if I can actually think of a cool way to show it off though with out being confusion or if I just have to show it off itself....

Read the info, probably quite advanced and obscure but I would assume it is a property that is not commonly known/or at all that it exists in the game.
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    I highly doubt DBZ will kill GG. For starters, the game looks/sounds like dumbed-down for the masses garbage, something DBZ fan boys will play for a few months and then forget. Second, GG players are very dedicated to the game, we have been playing for over a decade now...
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,300
    And this game is still practically dead here.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 177
    edited November 2017
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,858
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Huh. I wonder how they're gonna handle him? Man-Bridget? Eternally Young Boy-Girl Bridget?
    TimeAttack: Grand Coward of SRK since November 18th, 2015

Advanced stuff here as usual so read the info, also shows off a unblockable as well
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We got them nude mod, boiz.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,073
    We got them nude mod, boiz.
    huh...expected some cheap trash but it actually looks well done. :pensive:

I'm still not putting them on my PC but yeah they don't look terrible.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,161
    https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/12/14/japanese-dad-challenges-daughters-boyfriend-to-video-game-grudge-match-gets-kicked-out-of-house/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Japanese dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets kicked out of house
    “He’s not fit to be my daughter’s boyfriend,” Dad declares after witnessing junior high school boy’s lack of fighting game skills.

The first time a father meets his daughter’s boyfriend is a complicated moment. After years of enjoying a position as her archetype of dependable masculinity and gentlemanly gallantry, he has to come to terms with the fact that she’s found someone else to fill those roles.

Some fathers respond to this with the emotional balance and security befitting a man who’s old enough to have children. Others, though, like Japanese Twitter user @buppa_stone, have a somewhat less mature way of sorting through their feelings.

@buppa_stone has a daughter who’s in junior high, and said daughter has a special guy in her life. She recently brought him over to the house to meet her family, prompting @buppa_stone to send out a string of tweets, starting with one sent just before 6 p.m. last Monday.

“My daughter just introduced her boyfriend to us.”

No problems so far, but it turns out that @buppa_stone and his daughter’s boyfriend have a common interest: video games. Specifically, they both enjoy fighting games, including the long-running Guilty Gear series. By their very nature, though, fighting games are all about competition, and @buppa_stone’s competitive juices were soon flowing like a raging river.

“This punk kid says he wants to take me on in Guilty Gear, so I’m gonna teach him a lesson. I’m hiding out in the bathroom right now, but I’m totally going to show him what’s what. Oh, and gamers like him who use the character Slayer are shits, so I’m not going to let him get away with that.”

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, the title the two would battle on.

So less than a half hour after @buppa_stone’s first tweet, he and the boyfriend grabbed controllers and crossed digital swords.

“Let the holy war begin.”

The two decided to see who could rack up ten wins first, and while @buppa_stone’s tweets show he can talk the talk, he can walk the walk too, as he defeated his young adversary and sent out a string of victory tweets, starting at 8:11.

”10-6!!!!!!!!!! It’s over!!!!!!!!!!!! We’re done here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“I’ve been playing Guilty Gear since the first game in the series [released in 1998]. No way I was going to get beat by a junior high school kid.”

“I’ve defeated him. He’s not fit to be my daughter’s boyfriend.”

But apparently Dad’s gloating was a little too much for the rest of the family to handle, and when dinner time rolled around…

“By the way, no one made anything for me to eat.”

“I got kicked out of the house, so I’ll go buy some cigarettes and rice balls.”

“I’m the worst in my family at Guilty Gear Xrd R2, and this wet-behind-the-ears kid can’t even beat me? He shouldn’t be allowed in our house.”

“They finally let me back in, but, still there’s no dinner for me.”

Winning always feels good, as does finding out that you’re not so old that you’ve lost your edge at youthful pastimes. Still, it’s a pretty poor display of sportsmanship, and one can’t help but wonder how @buppa_stone would have reacted if he’d lost.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,525
    edited December 2017
    To be fair, I would not want the guy fucking my daughter to be bad at Guilty Gear either. Dude need to know how to use his stick.
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 716
    He's not wrong about Slayer players being shits though.
    in8t8vnfvj701.jpg
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,694
    I gave Baiken a fair shot, i honestly i do want to keep playing her but i keep running in too many problems which are i guess a combination of me being kinda shit at this game(lacking a LOT of gameplay experience) and lacking the execution in a specific area, her Tatami's. Without going too indepth i keep dropping them in crucial scenarios, after throw, ch 63214k~s, j.d, ad, iad tatami. Which basically means i'll almost never get good post knockdown pressure. "just practice", that isn't going to work, i've spend god knows how much time trying out different ways of holding the stick, different ways of inputting them and i have found the best ways for me to do them. Still not good enough. On top of that her normals are short range or slow, pressure is very weak, can't convert into a special reliably unless you started upclose(or no special attack and just use meter to convert stray hits). Her jump attacks lack the hitboxes and you have to comensate these jumps with tatamis which also require a long startup, good as they may be, they honestly are there for post knockdown scenarios or as a defensive tool to control space with.

And her "parry", i can't use it at all, this is mostly me lacking matchup experience and when to use it effectively and i'm just not at that level and it has strict timing when using it during blockstun.

So i'm ranting and whining but i just need to vent a bit as i feel i wasted so so much fucking time on her. Time i could've better spent on going all in on either Jam or Millia.
    Lesson learned atleast, but i feel it hampered me learning this game significantly trying to play Baiken.
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

Play Raven.
    edited January 7
    Play Raven.

I would if i actually liked him, i don't.
    Maybe i'll try someone else aside from Jam or Millia, who knows.

Play with Jack-O
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 441
    Leo isnt that execution heavy if that's your trouble.
    Another thing: get more experience with match-ups.

If you want to play Baiken, she needs A LOT of work. Not just execution (btw for IAD mat you should just be doing 23696 as the motion) but also knowing what the match-ups are. As you said, you don't know the match-ups. Have you joined the public Baiken Discord and looked up her info? It's full of gold.

Getting IAD mat isn't THAT important, but if you can't use her parries, her entire game, then yeah you should move on.

Jam is a great character although not really as good as the rest. Still, she's super fun.
    I honestly feel like if you are having trouble with execution as Baiken then Millia will be no easier for you.
    edited January 8
    Getting IAD mat isn't THAT important, but if you can't use her parries, her entire game, then yeah you should move on.

IAD Tatami is way more important than her parries. Her parries are shit and should be used sparingly.

Just to clarify, IAD tatami is going to be used after just about any good mid screen hit or throw in order to continue pressure. This is far more important than being consistent with her parries, which ultimately require a guess or hard read and risk you losing a huge chunk of life if you're wrong.
    edited January 8
    Another thing: get more experience with match-ups.

If you want to play Baiken, she needs A LOT of work. Not just execution (btw for IAD mat you should just be doing 23696 as the motion) but also knowing what the match-ups are. As you said, you don't know the match-ups. Have you joined the public Baiken Discord and looked up her info? It's full of gold.

Jam is a great character although not really as good as the rest. Still, she's super fun.

The Kire Tatami is 23696, this one has the short range and i can do it more consistently on P1 than the IAD Tatami (i don't really struggle on P2 with the IAD tatami version), however i often need the IAD Tatami instead to let me get close enough or to properly convert after certain hits.

I have joined the discord for Baiken a good while ago, picked up a lot of imprtant tidbits on there and was crucial in learning her combos atleast. I really do lack matchup experience basically against every character, though i feel her tatami aspect is more important than her parries, even when watching high level footage i can see which gets way more use. But i can't even use her parries if a wanted to in part due to me lacking plenty of matchup and gameplay experience.

Jam probably is closer to how i want to play in GG anyway, although she has IAD DP which is similar to Baiken her IAD Tatami, i don't need it to apply post knockown pressure or even to open people up, it's jst an extra option for her. I don't mind if a character is low tier as long as the character executes what i want to input consistently i'll have fun and can make it work(hopefully). Baiken was just getting frustrating.
    I honestly feel like if you are having trouble with execution as Baiken then Millia will be no easier for you.

I have only dabbled with Millia at this point but i haven't found anything that seems really difficult as far as motions inputs go. She seems hard with other things however such as her movement, strict and tricky timings for her postknockdown scenarios, good amount of awareness required with the pin. Her difficulty seems to lie more in her gameplan than anything else really. I can absolutely be wrong though.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Play with Jack-O

I was actually somewhat interested in Jack-O, i'll give her a look.
    Leo isnt that execution heavy if that's your trouble.
    I'm sure he is but it was more about a single type of input i struggled with, and it was crucial to playing Baiken.
    Leo isn't a character i would want to play honestly, i'm picky with how my characters look lol.

• grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What are you guys going to do once the forums on here close at the end of the month?
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,180
    grandabx wrote: »
    What are you guys going to do once the forums on here close at the end of the month?

Probably try and be more active in the r/GuiltyGear discord because I'm very unlikely to go to Dustloop. I don't know anybody there and I don't feel like I can participate in any discussions since those forums are mostly for experienced players
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Fingers crossed they give Baiken her old counters back.
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 177
    I'm ready for Zato buffs. =)
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,483
    I want full patch notes this time.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    Saandro wrote: »

He will be extra nerfed as it should be :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I'm ready for your tears when he gets his ass beat with he nerf bat.
  • PsaroPsaro Joined: Posts: 84
    edited January 14
    I'm ready for your tears when he gets his ass beat with he nerf bat.

The general feeling in Japan is that Zato is weak in this version. I'm not expecting any significant buffs for him (unless Ogawa successfully got into Pachi's ear) but he's likely not getting hit with the nerf bat either. More than likely, he will remain the same or else receive a few tweaks, maybe positive quality of life changes, or slight nerfs/some combination of the two. If this patch is more like the Rev1 EVO patch than the Rev2 comprehensive rebalance, they'll probably dole out some nerfs for the top tiers i.e. Chipp/Raven/Johnny, some buffs for the bottom i.e. Answer and Baiken, some changes to Pot that as usual will have no measurable impact on his balance, and maybe one random character either inexplicably gets buffs or gets destroyed. Apart from that I expect most of the cast will remain more or less the same, though I wouldn't mind more drastic changes to shake things up, as long as no characters are getting shafted too hard. The balance is in a fine place right now.
    Post edited by Psaro on
    Shhhhhhhh I am trying to upset the dude. Goin around posting logic and reason, whats wrong with you?
    Since Psaro ruined the fun.
    I think that Zato will be baerely touched seeing how they have been very conservative with how they are handling him.
    TBH, i don't think that he is weak at all, like some people want to think, he is just not the strongest char anymore, which imo is fine.
    He still can manage to fuck you over if you are not playing on point most of the time (and even when you are playing on point).
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,180
    Buff Kum, Baiken and Answer. That'll be a good start
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    And nerf Chipp. He should lose Teleport YRC and the stupid as fuck box on Jumping Dust.