Cestus wrote: »
    -Btw Groh look a much worse version of him visually AND conceptually
    I saw Groh and thought "They truly have surpassed Necrid."
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,376
    They might gone a little too much with the edgy/pissed off on Groh but if he can switch stances between dual wielding swords and single welding double sword he's an instant hit.

I hope both Evil Kilik and Sigfried are mere alter egos of Kilik and Nightmare so we have a 0 % clone opening roster.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 886
    By Soul Calibur III there were no clones...
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,333
    javert wrote: »
    They might gone a little too much with the edgy/pissed off on Groh but if he can switch stances between dual wielding swords and single welding double sword he's an instant hit.

I hope both Evil Kilik and Sigfried are mere alter egos of Kilik and Nightmare so we have a 0 % clone opening roster.

Why would Sieg play like Nightmare? It's been a thing for years that they are different styles.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 718
    Gameplay recorded on a phone looks way better. I just hope Gr0h isn't good but I bet he'll be popular unless he's garbage tier.
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why would Sieg play like Nightmare? It's been a thing for years that they are different styles.
    I think it was in SC3 where Nightmare got a new movelist and Siegfried kept a version of his SC2 Nightmare style.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Sexy Fighting Game Renaissance Joined: Posts: 3,474
    Got Kilik and Xiangua are in, the former I as I hoped.
    I am not a fan of whole "superpowered evil side" concept yet ot still technically was thing with Kilik a long while ago. I am indifferent towards Groh.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Geese, Xiaoyu, Jin, Lars, Heihachi, Lee, Steve, M.Raven]

SFV
    Cammy [Menat, Sagat(?), Ryu]
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

Zazzarius wrote: »
    I think it was in SC3 where Nightmare got a new movelist and Siegfried kept a version of his SC2 Nightmare style.

I know.

Btw new gameplay shows Nightmare actually has all of Seigfried's stances. In fact his helmet got rekt and... that's Seigfried. It's not a Memory of Soul Edge ghost thing, he's the real deal. I suppose it makes sense being that this is an interquel type deal. He's bridging the gap between Sir Stancealot and King Slapahoe. I played them both so I'm good, but I guess the shining knight is no more.

Also as I suspected but forgot to write here, Evil Kilik is in fact his Soul Charge form, not another character.

Btw, I'm pretty sure Medieval Winter Soldier will have a form or extra weapon skin that's Calibur and Edge.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,722
    Seems Groh is from a secret organization that was formed after Algol died

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/26/soulcalibur-vi-new-and-returning-fighters-detailed/
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,384 mod
    Didn't get to play the demo at Evo. That said, the sign they had written on to get people to queue was pretty lolworthy with it's engrish.
    Ozocn1m.jpg
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,376

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/26/soulcalibur-vi-new-and-returning-fighters-detailed/

So this would take after SC3 at least? Awesome, for a moment thought it would be a lame reboot. Really want to see a character like Zasalamel, Tira or black haired Setsuka to be sure (yeah the last won't happen).
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 471

So this would take after SC3 at least? Awesome, for a moment thought it would be a lame reboot. Really want to see a character like Zasalamel, Tira or black haired Setsuka to be sure (yeah the last won't happen).
    Why do you think that? Kilik is wearing the Dvapara Yuga belt-thing(that should prevent him going berserk) instead of the pendant so he hasn't met Nightmare yet. Also, Nightmare is still possessing Siegfried. This new guy only means that the Algol backstory is still canon. Maybe the King appears in his ending or he'll actually be playable.

The SoulCharge thing being different for Kilik and Grøh seems interesting. I might give the benefit of doubt for now. Did Kayane got sloppy or she's so excited seeing Xianghua back that she goes full YOLO 66BB every round?
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    KensouADV wrote: »
    Why do you think that? Kilik is wearing the Dvapara Yuga belt-thing(that should prevent him going berserk) instead of the pendant so he hasn't met Nightmare yet. Also, Nightmare is still possessing Siegfried.
    I keep thinking its going to be like MK9 and there's some time traveling element causing events to play out differently or placing things out of order.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any chance of SCVI getting mac support?
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 315
    edited January 31

It's technically a reboot. Don't expect the entire cast from Soul Blade or from SC I, II, III, IV, or V to make the cut.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 886
    A reboot in marketing only.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,168
    So if the rumuor is true about guest characters....sony gets the shaft. :/ Sigh......
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,262
    SOULCALIBUR 6 - Supers & Criticals (4K Early Gameplay)

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,816
    So if the rumuor is true about guest characters....sony gets the shaft. :/ Sigh......

Wich rumor?
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,891

What, the Jago/Lucina/Bloodborne rumor? That's a clear case of the opposite
    edited February 2
    Muttonman wrote: »

This is the rumor?
    Sony version is winning at life if true lol

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,168
    edited February 2

We get crapbourne. Really, I mean, I'm not huge fan of jago...but its' better then BB. The best of the worst pile is easily jago. Sigh........it's never fair for ps4. :(

We get crapbourne. Really, I mean, I'm not huge fan of jago...but its' better then BB. The best of the worst pile is easily jago. Sigh........it's never fair for ps4. :(

giphy.gif

• Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,493
    Thank goodness I got the Nintendo Switch recently if the Lucina rumor is true
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,722
    I wouldn't put my hopes on console exclusive characters. When Namco was at an EVO panel for SCV, fans let them know loud and clear they don't like console exclusive characters, and Namco seemed to get the point.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,891
    Yeah, I have no faith in the leaks. Still, the Bloodborne Hunter would fit beautifully
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,623 mod
    Weighing in on the whole guest character thing.
    First off, I'm usually not a big fan of guest characters, because they are either too random, not fitting or whatever.

With Tekken 7 however, Namco (imo) picked two extremely well, being Akuma and Geese Howard.
    They actually made sense being fighting game characters (although one can discuss on like things like bringing 2d projectile zoning into a Tekken game etc) and to me (I only play Tekken casually from time to time) they were an exciting prospect.
    Imho, they beat "the flavour of the month" guest characters like SFxT's Cole, SC5's Ezio or Noctis.
    Now I know in games like MK9 and MKX, stuff like Freddy Kreuger, Jason and Predator sold the best out of all dlc characters and I understand they bring in the more casual audience (but MK appeals more mainstream to begin with).

Keeping T7's Geese and Akuma in mind and Namco's relationship with SNK and Capcom, here are some, imo, possible contenders from those to companies.

SNK

A Samurai Showdown character

Harada already mentioned that he was interested in doing something with this franchise in the future.
    That by itself already makes them a potential, add in the fact that they would fit in the game's setting and time line, a SamSho guest character a no brainer.

Capcom

Bishamon (Darkstalkers)

You can basicly call Ono Harada's homeboy at this point. Ono loves Darkstalkers, lots of fans want to see a new Darkstalkers game and Capcom is more than happy to cross promote a DS character so they don't have to make a new DS game XD
    Being Soul Calibur, Bishamon would be the best pick.
    Given how awesome Akuma visually looked in Tekken 7, one can only imagine would cool a 3d Bishamon would be including his own spooky stage.

A Plasma Sword/Star Gladiator character

Quite obscure and I can hear you say "We already had Star Wars like crap in SC!"
    I mostly tend to agree, however in terms of gameplay these characters already share the whole basic horizontal attack, vertical attack, guard and kick button layout.
    Plus SG isn't known for it's excessive projectile gameplay, which would make them easier to implement.
    They don't have my preference though, since they would suffer from the same sci fi syndrome as a Darth Vader and Yoda in SC4

Besides fighting game characters, I guess something from Bloodbourne, Onimusha or Nioh would fit in nicely.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 718
    Given the pretty extremely fantastical elements they've added (Nightmare's knight's mare, crazy particle effects and auras) that they could take someone like Hayato and work him in with SC aesthetics pretty easily.

Bishamon would be way cooler though. he would be VERY interesting in a 3d game.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,653
    i dont care the typical dark badass
    im shallow so li like him lol he looks cool
    removing more commands i m hoping the movelist wont suffer too much
    there were so many things you could do in sc4 hidden things with each characters moveset
    Watch the guest be Kylo Ren.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 695
    Watch the guest be Kylo Ren.
    it would be so fitting for such a dumb game.

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
    I thought there wasn't going to be a Switch version.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,104
    ppl are DYING for a downgraded switch port for some reason.

There are already things that are troubling about the development and the last thing I want is focus put on an inferior port to switch with that dumb ass controller and no fightstick support.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,384 mod
    Uh, an arcade stick for the Switch already exists.

Hori-Officially-Announces-Nintendo-Switch-Fight-Stick.png?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400

It seems that people just want to actually be able to play games on it that aren't old Neo Geo ports and an even more unbalanced ST.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,104
    I dont want them to not have that, but not at the expense of an inferior game. Theres no point.

I know nothing about Wii sticks tbh. They werent a think last time I checked I guess.

There are already things that are troubling about the development and the last thing I want is focus put on an inferior port to switch with that dumb ass controller and no fightstick support.

There is in fact a pro controller and the 'puppy' configuration is also well enough.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    There are already things that are troubling about the development

Can you elaborate on this?
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 695

you cant be bothered to buy a Brooks?

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*