Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Basic frame data guide for newbies

13»

Comments

• MudrasZepMudrasZep Joined: Posts: 1
    I know this thread is old, but I'm new to this frame data study and I really need some guidance on this: I understood that when Frame Data says a jab is 4F, actually is 3F since it's 4th F is when the move connects/hits (or am I wrong?), and here is what I'm wondering - my char has a MP with 6F startup, 2F active and +5 On Hit. Considering I'm hitting my opponent on the second active frame (well, if it's a 6F startup, then the 6th frame is the 1st active, right?), it'll give me a +5 advantage (right?). What about the third active frame? Does it add to the frame advantage, giving me a +6 advantage, or I'm getting all wrong?
  • MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 342
    MudrasZep wrote: »
    I know this thread is old, but I'm new to this frame data study and I really need some guidance on this: I understood that when Frame Data says a jab is 4F, actually is 3F since it's 4th F is when the move connects/hits (or am I wrong?), and here is what I'm wondering - my char has a MP with 6F startup, 2F active and +5 On Hit. Considering I'm hitting my opponent on the second active frame (well, if it's a 6F startup, then the 6th frame is the 1st active, right?), it'll give me a +5 advantage (right?). What about the third active frame? Does it add to the frame advantage, giving me a +6 advantage, or I'm getting all wrong?

It'll still be active 2f since it counts from when your 6th frame hits/connects. Yes a 4 frame normal/move will connect on the 4th frame, I guess they just decided to count the startup with the actual hit for some reason.

• imbalrogimbalrog warrior Joined: Posts: 1
    thank you , but how do I get bible of frame data of each game?
    I'm balrog
  • GoldenShadesGoldenShades Awright! Joined: Posts: 4
    Anyone know how to hack roms to look for frame data, hitboxes and hurtboxes? Some lesser known old games don't have that information anywhere.
    ST: Deejay/Claw/E.Honda/Cammy/Sagat (both)
    3S: Ken/Elena/Necro/Urien
    SFA1/2/3: Rose/Sagat
13»