Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Final Fantasy Dissidia thread. Dissidia NT release 1/30

1282930313234»

Comments

• YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,674
    With this game's existing summoning mechanics, it would make a lot more sense for Yuna to be based on her Final Fantasy X-2 incarnation, perhaps using her EX Skill to switch dresspheres between Gunner and one or two others (Songstress and Mascot, maybe?).

That the entire story is gated behind the game's competitive multiplayer was a massive step down from Duodecim's wealth of single-player content. I can watch every bit of story that Dissidia NT has to offer on YouTube because most or all of it is in cutscenes. That's a real pisser compared to the branching, muti-tiered Duodecim narrative.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 639
    Yuna wrote: »
    With this game's existing summoning mechanics, it would make a lot more sense for Yuna to be based on her Final Fantasy X-2 incarnation, perhaps using her EX Skill to switch dresspheres between Gunner and one or two others (Songstress and Mascot, maybe?).

I can see this; or maybe a version that greatly augments existing summon powers or even allows her to channel her own summon on a really long cool down.

I've been playing it a little and I appreciate the changes made to make it a more balanced fighter; still don't care for the new block mechanic though. I've been playing Kain and Zidane mostly. Kain's Avenger HP attack is awesome versus predictable players; it's almost like a guaranteed hit.

I need to find a team to queue with. This solo shit is a bummer and I can't figure out WHY people are picking Alexander so frequently as a summon.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,318
    so Ive spent all the recent days on MHW, now Im planning on getting either this or DBFZ only have time to learn one of these 2 games right now while still learning Tekken 7 characters lol.
    will prob. get one of these games later of this year and one right now.

just not enough time to lab fighting games at the moment
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 639
    edited February 3
    Dissidia is very easy to play (especially this one) and I think it's a good choice for someone that doesn't have a ton of time to devote to yet another game.

Can't speak for DBZ but it is almost definitely a more complex, more time consuming game.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,192
    Yuna wrote: »

That the entire story is gated behind the game's competitive multiplayer was a massive step down from Duodecim's wealth of single-player content. I can watch every bit of story that Dissidia NT has to offer on YouTube because most or all of it is in cutscenes. That's a real pisser compared to the branching, muti-tiered Duodecim narrative.

Duodecim has more summons than NT, and devs still picked summoner Yuna.

FFX version of Yuna is still the more iconic version, matches the logo and origin priorities Dissidia tends to do (
    Dissidia completely ignores the FFIII remake, so Onion Knight got picked instead of Luneth, even Lightning has her XIII version as default instead of LR.) ,

and it would make more sense Summoner Yuna having X-2 costume as alternate,
    than X-2 Gunner Yuna having Summoner outfit as an alternate.

regardless of summon mechanics, FFX version of Yuna is just as likely.

not sure if the devs would really be ambitious enough to completely reinvent Yuna playstyle when she already has a blueprint from Duodecim. a hybrid garment grid changeable X-2 Yuna would be very surprising. though if she gets 3 dressspheres, it should be
    Gunner, Songstress and Floral Fallal or Psychicer/Psychic

Duodecim story was mediocre time waster anyways, these games should not invest in storytelling,
    no matter what, it would still boil down to the terribly written fanfic excuse to bring the characters together
    and try to make sense out of the obvious crossover fanservice when it doesnt need excuses.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is being played by millions more players and don't need story to have meaning and significance.

all the story and cinematic budget could be used to expand the actual gameplay content further, complete characters faster,
    new locations faster, etc.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,192
    c'mon Square Enix, if you want more to purchase and play Dissidia NT, make Rinoa playable already!! Her return is long overdue.
    one of the 2018 season pass playable character DLC additions should be Rinoa Heartilly