Dragon Ball FighterZ General: DBZ Subforum Edition

Comments

• ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Zachara wrote: »
    Tien's level 3 - Tried a few ways to combo after if like using Beerus Ball to keep them in hit stun during the recovery but it seems the level 3 puts them into a weird state where they can't be hit by anything other than the extra hits of the Kikoho. The Beerus Ball would hit a couple of times and then just pass through them and go offscreen. My theory is that it forces a special knockdown state where the additional hits of the level 3 are hardcoded to pick up but the character being hit has no juggle points left. I would like to be wrong but that's what my time in training mode is telling me.

To me using regular Kikohos is generally better than using Shin Kikoho. I use Freezer point and do combo into super, and DHC into Kikoho as soon as possible. Freezer's super keeps the enemy stunned after the first Kikoho hits and you can get a lvl3 there, but you can also do another lvl1 and DHC again (I use Goku) and you get more damage out of that than going for a Shin Kikoho without the follow ups, spending less health and meter.

I agree and do the same but people were talking about trying to combo after the level 3 since it's possible after Gohan's so thought to share what I know regarding Tien's. I like using Beerus for the DHC since I can choose to go into his good oki or go for the damage DHC into Tien.

Last night couldn't get through more than 2-3 games in a row with my friends before getting kicked from server. :(
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,148

STreaming DBFZ for a bit, watch me get rekt:

SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,779
    The delay has consistently been 2-3 frames for the past couple days. Pretty happy about that.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,891
    Zachara wrote: »
    Tien's level 3 - Tried a few ways to combo after if like using Beerus Ball to keep them in hit stun during the recovery but it seems the level 3 puts them into a weird state where they can't be hit by anything other than the extra hits of the Kikoho.

The state is called being in a fucking crater in the ground
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,212 mod
    Asking why a Japanese mainstream game doesn't have GGPO is funny. The only mainstream fighter to have anything like GGPO is a US made game. A situation where it's much easier to consult with the creators of GGPO to get it worked out.

It is funny that a lot of the things that people complained about with SFV's lobby system, seems to really be what other developers plan on being the future of fighters online. Wanna talk to people? Gotta get on Discord or open up party chat. Which is more ironic for a game that forces you into a 64 man lobby when you open it up. Something that puts you in an environment where you're always looking at people to play with (a good idea initally) becomes really off when you can do the exact same things you can do in SFV at best.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,839

This character is balanced.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,917
    Didnt read everything just commenting on some stuff i saw

Leon my team is perfectly fair i play cell yamcha goku ;^y

Cell should always be first. Hes probably the overall best in the game but idc i called cell main from the day the first trailer dropped. His st.M is hilarious, srsly go test the range on that thing. No, dont read the rest of this post, go test it now!

I was playing nappas but i think yamcha is better plus yamcha has such piss easy conversions to big damage.

I want to replace goku with adult gohan but my gohan succs, so hes on my casual team for now.

When people figure ginyu out hes going to climb the tier list

All of this might be old or yall might e discussed it alrdy idk i havent been on here much cuz ive actually just been playing rhe game nonstop for the past week. Oh yeah what are the BP requirements for each rank? If anyone knows.

Vegeta is really fkn annoying. HIT is definitely super good. Goku blacc is okay along with android 16. I think adult gohan is the future. Cell is lord. Uhhh idk what else to say, ill get bacc to playing now ta-ta
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,605
    Fucks sake online in this is straight trash.

"You have been disconnected from the lobby" over and over and over afuckingain.

Heres a fucking idea, how about having no fucking lobby to disconnect from and narrowing the things that can go wrong to just between 2 players in a match?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,751
    edited February 10
    Wish you could type your own messages in DBFZ like in GG instead of being stuck with the preset messages. HATE it when developers do that for PC games.
    DBFZ: A18/Trunks/Yamcha
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,378
    edited February 10
    Cronopio wrote: »

Yeah I was already annoyed that every video had a Vegeta and now this. Guess we've found the Sentinel / Doom of DBFZ. Wouldn't mind keeping him like this but giving him Phoenix's Health
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,235
    The problem is that he's the best assist in the game and a very strong character himself. Unless you use some sort of specialized team there's not that much of a reason to not use Vegeta right now.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,779
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Oh yeah what are the BP requirements for each rank? If anyone knows.

Living Legend 1,000,000+
    Super Saiyan Blue 900,000 - 999,999
    Super Saiyan God 800,000 - 899,999
    Majin 700,000 - 799,999
    Super Saiyan 3 600,000 - 699,999
    Demon 500,000 - 599,999
    Supreme Kai 400,000 - 499,999
    Super Saiyan 2 330,000 - 399,999
    Android 270,000 - 329,999
    Super Saiyan 220,000 - 269,999
    Frieza Clan 170,000 - 219,999
    Saiyan 120,000 - 169,999
    Namekian 70,000 - 119,999
    Earthling 30,000 - 69,999
    Saibaman 0 - 29,999
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    I legit love this game.

It is deeper than I thought it would be, but the online fucking KILLS it for me.

I have not touched the game in about 4 days.

I REALLY hope the online gets better before EVO.

Since it is at EVO people will still play it just because it's relevant. If it's not fixed by then, it will probably die and that would suck.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,610
    You can just reflect for free after blocking a Vegeta-assist to get your opponent out of your face, right?

Because that does reduce its value quite a bit since it means you can't use it to extend pressure effectively once people learn that. It's still a top notch assist even without that, though, as it provides excellent space control and is an amazing combo extebder regardless.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    Hahahhaha just benefited from the Tenshinhan bug in a ranked match. Went full Reptile on the poor guy, invisible dash up 2L.

Dime wrote: »
    Rematch function takes forever, like mvci, because the developers want to make you watch a post match grading system, every game, for thousands of games (the fuck happened to being able to skip this shit)

I'm not sure I understand this one correctly, but if you mean rematching in lobbies, you can set it up so you don't have to go back to the lobby screen. You rematch in 2 seconds really.

• WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,592
    edited February 11

That's so ironic given the post that was made above this one about an hour ago.
    Post edited by Weeaboo on
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,129
    Naeras wrote: »
    You can just reflect for free after blocking a Vegeta-assist to get your opponent out of your face, right?

Not necessarily. The attacker using Vegeta assist can just change up the timing on their attack or go for a throw.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,725
    First time that SonicFox is competing in a game that actually amazing players play, so I guess we gonna see how much weight his NLBC wins hold when the first major comes around.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,584
    otori wrote: »
    Hahahhaha just benefited from the Tenshinhan bug in a ranked match. Went full Reptile on the poor guy, invisible dash up 2L.

Rematch function takes forever, like mvci, because the developers want to make you watch a post match grading system, every game, for thousands of games (the fuck happened to being able to skip this shit)

I'm not sure I understand this one correctly, but if you mean rematching in lobbies, you can set it up so you don't have to go back to the lobby screen. You rematch in 2 seconds really.

Well why in the hell do they not have that as default? I’m sitting here and don’t know how to do it. Another loss for their crap. Put the best options in under default shit options.

Like for instance with sf5, a really redundant thing they have after you watch a replay is that it comes up “view replay again” like how many people seriously want to view replays more than once? Like I know that some people will especially those that want to record them for their YouTube channel, but most people are going to watch a replay once and never watch it again. So the default should be to leave replay. But NOPE, they can’t be that smart I guess.

As far as Vegeta assist, I agree with sonicfox to a certain extent. Vegeta assist for lockdown isn’t THAT great because it only really allows for the point to get a iad blockstring in... but here’s the thing... many assists already do that. Not only that, but Vegeta assist lockdown for to long so after they block your iad normal, they aren’t even in a throw/low mixup situation since they will still be in blockstun. So I actually see the long lockdown as a negative in many circumstances.

The things the Vegeta assist does really well is cause a fuckload of hitstun so it’s easy to confirm off of and also it holds aerial people in place making confirms easier to do. The last thing is that because Vegeta jumps up, it’s actually got some good use as a defensive assist. So I understand why sonicfox says Vegeta isn’t THAT great. His biggest upside is his assist and in a game where assist cooldown is so big, that’s not a big upside. Then combine that with the fact that half the things the assist does, other assist can do, and a lot of times they actually do them better since they give a better mixup potential on block.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited February 11
    Oh so we ignoring that Vegeta has a DP, and thus a consistent answer to Super Dash in the air?

Cool.

We also ignoring how 2H chain to j.2L is tight and seems to grant frame advantage on block with the right spacing?

Awesome.
  • NoChartNoChart When the urgency strikes you, you better not lose your nerve. Joined: Posts: 970
    Is there a consensus on who the best anchors are? I've got A.Gohan on point because he just needs that one bar to suddenly become very scary. Piccolo is my second but I'm still trying to figure out what position he best fits. As for a third: ???
    I love Yamcha, but I don't know if he's an anchor per se.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,909
    Yamcha has a lot of trouble pinning people down by himself, so yea I wouldn't put him on anchor if you can help it.
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 343
    edited February 11
    just played with some friends in a lobby and one match actually desynced without the game noticing where me and the other guy both won the same match. that's actually worrying regarding the netcode consistency. hope the devs can figure that out. he had Android18 on his team. seems there might be an issue with the intro of that character. here is a clip I found which shows a match desyncing:

Post edited by Sp00kyFox on
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,674
    important vid

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,129
    As far as Vegeta assist, I agree with sonicfox to a certain extent. Vegeta assist for lockdown isn’t THAT great because it only really allows for the point to get a iad blockstring in...

It actually is that great. The extended blockstun means even if you're blocking in the air it's gonna pull you back to the ground, so one instance where you are forced to block it (and it does cover plenty of real estate), then you'll have to hold the point character's ground pressure. On the ground, it's gonna lead to multiple mixup situations depending on the point. Usually one where you are blocking and one just after. Any hit is an easy confirm, etc. etc.

Sonicfox says he plays point/point/point, but he's rocking Goku Black who's got arguably a joint Top 3 assist lol. Considering the way he rotates his team it doesn't matter that he's using him first either.

I agree that Vegeta isn't necessary for every team, but lets not pretend his assist isn't the obvious best currently.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,722
    NoChart wrote: »
    Is there a consensus on who the best anchors are?

SSJ Vegeta and Goku Black pretty much. Nothing can go wrong with either of them.
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    Vegeta as a character is really dry. Very straightforward options. The comparison to captain commando is pretty apt.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,212 mod
    edited February 11
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Vegeta as a character is really dry. Very straightforward options. The comparison to captain commando is pretty apt.

That's the scary part is we know characters like Captain Commando were short on tools and pretty bad on point, but still was top tier support material.

Vegeta is more along the lines of Dante or Dr.Doom in Marvel 3 or Rocket Raccoon/Monster Hunter in MVCI where he's probably not top tier on point, but he brings the assist and support that will likely define the meta if they dont patch the assist down. Everyone and their mom in that top 8 picked Vegeta for a reason. There's likely almost no other assist that comes close if it's that unanimous in the first event.

Considering I feel a lot of the assists in this game aren't even that scary in the neutral, that just makes it more easy for Vegeta's to stand out. He's an actually strong assist in a game full of eh assists that have long cooldown. Hopefully they'll be buffing some of these other assists as further nerfing Vegeta's assist will just make the assist meta even more basic than it already is.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,917
    Yeah sonicfurry gonna get blown up in dbZfZ when he plays the anime legeneds and quit and say the game succs. Props for beating up everybody at nlbc doe.
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,584
    edited February 11
    As far as Vegeta assist, I agree with sonicfox to a certain extent. Vegeta assist for lockdown isn’t THAT great because it only really allows for the point to get a iad blockstring in...
    lets not pretend his assist isn't the obvious best currently.

Didn’t say he didn’t have the best assist in the game. He does, by far. Having said that, assists aren’t that powerful in this game and that diminishes the need for strong ones to a certain extent. Not fully, just a bit.

If you have an assist that can lockdown for you and/or be used to extend combos... your assist is more than likely good enough for your team to not need Vegeta assist and may come tied to an overall better character as well...
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • NoChartNoChart When the urgency strikes you, you better not lose your nerve. Joined: Posts: 970
    SSJ Vegeta and Goku Black pretty much. Nothing can go wrong with either of them.

As much as I hate Edgelord Black, aesthetically, it might do my comp some good to have a beam assist.
    Steam ID: NoChart