Dragon Ball FighterZ General: DBZ Subforum Edition

1251252254256257265

Comments

  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,042
    edited February 11
    NoChart wrote: »
    SSJ Vegeta and Goku Black pretty much. Nothing can go wrong with either of them.

    As much as I hate Edgelord Black, aesthetically, it might do my comp some good to have a beam assist.
    If you’re looking for an anchor with a beam maybe give Tien a shot, his beam isn’t as fast but it’s is one hit so you can use it for longer comboes and he does mad damage with supers (albeit at a cost).
    That being said he’s inherently risky due to him having to burn health (or Chiaotzu) on supers.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Remember when they said the good assists will be attached to the lower end characters and the best characters will have worse assists?
    I member.

    That went to shit I guess coz all the good assists are from the first characters that were shown, it's like they forgot the assists completely while making the rest of the cast and then went "Oh shit, well we have to choose one of their specials as assists and hopefully it's good".

    Also fuck Gohan's long ass legs, I don't remember this asshole sliding fullscreen into death in the anime. This is so not canon.

    I remember that. I also remember them saying that the best assist would have longer cooldown periods.

    Issues I see in the neutral game:

    1. Meter is too easy to come by. The charge mechanic is absolutely useless. When it's so easy to gain meter, it makes zoning almost impossible since you can almost always use a bar to vanish around it. Right now all people are doing is rushing down. My #3 will explain this in detail. Meter gain needs a 30% decrease.

    2. Super dash is too viable. You can 2H it when grounded, but when in the air and at point blank range it's a different story. There needs to be options that stop it in the air consistently to discourage abuse. I've notice people will tag out when you jump since stopping a dashing teammate coming in is extremely difficult to punish at that point. Super dash is also too accurate. It will even turn around and track a vanish or even a switched teammate coming in.

    3. Chip damage is way too low. The reason people are doing nothing but Rush-down is because you get basically nothing off of projectile use. There needs to be viable strategies for using chip as a way to win. With that said, there needs to be ground AND air options to fully negate chip damage. Like in guilty gear with faultless defense to negate chip and push your opponent away from you while using your meter as a resource for that option.

    4. Most projectiles/attacks are homogeneous in their output. A character like Piccolo with a slow projectile should have high projectile durability since its slow and you can super dash right by it. The same with Beerus' orbs. This system should be fully implemented into the game:

    http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/BBCF/Attack_Attributes

    This would make All the characters stand out more and match-up experience would be needed more for each individual. Currently, everything just cancels each other out, which is extremely boring.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,584
    Cronopio wrote: »
    The problem is that he's the best assist in the game and a very strong character himself. Unless you use some sort of specialized team there's not that much of a reason to not use Vegeta right now.

    Also the game doesn't seem to have varied play styles because any sort of keep away is 100% demolished by vanish & super dash. You can bait them somewhat but once your in the air only consistent option against super dash are supers and invuln moves as far as I can tell. Some normals work from some angles sometimes, but that seems fairly inconsistent generally with poor risk-reward if you mess up.

    So you rush down and Vegeta locks them down for 30 years while covering all tech options. I've been playing some other characters, but it gets harder to argue against replacing goku or goku black (when vegeta isn't already on my team) with vegeta considering the massive boon to the single play style allowed in the game. Goku black i think is a better character than vegeta though, beam assists have their own massive boons also since Vegeta doesn't reach fullscreen.

    I honestly wish ki attacks (5S, 2S, and j.S) had more viability in the neutral, beams are decent but my only complaint with the game is its hard to argue 'playing what you want' when most of the cast is so similar there seem to be some characters that have the same stuff ... plus a little more. Why not play the ones with 'a little more'?

    This is true, but only with what we know so far. We still haven’t had a meta defining early team come up. Just characters that are strong that are thrown together.

    Till a good meta team comes about that stacks synergies and the sum of its parts get stronger when coupled to its teammates, it’s hard to make any general calls on the game.

    Like yeah, most characters seem to play the same, but if you look at their movelist with regards to specials, ex moves, S button functionality and and varying properties of normal moves, there’s ALOT of differences in the cast it’s just that the game is being played at such a basic level right now that it’s going to come off homogenous for the most part because no one really knows how to make use of the non basic shit yet.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    First time that SonicFox is competing in a game that actually amazing players play, so I guess we gonna see how much weight his NLBC wins hold when the first major comes around.

    That's on some ignorant shit to say.

    Yeah, sounds ultra salty about one's success.

    http://pa1.narvii.com/6421/c1f31a1279f3abad4eb627463f2afd259af55907_hq.gif
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • BronnBronn Joined: Posts: 510
    does swatting s.dash with j.normals even give any combos? i've gotten OK at hitting them with character's j.h's, but you don't seem to get anything out of it...besides probably dopey j.h - vanish shit.
    3s: Alex with the occasional hugo
    SFV: Alex, G.
    DBZF: Ginyu Force, Yamcha, Tien
    16, Piccolo, Veggie
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,199
    edited February 11
    Bronn wrote: »
    does swatting s.dash with j.normals even give any combos? i've gotten OK at hitting them with character's j.h's, but you don't seem to get anything out of it...besides probably dopey j.h - vanish shit.

    Thoery stuff, but it depends on the air normal and the opponent's height. jL could work and you can just do the autocombo double jump varient... but hitbox is meh. jM seems reliable, and the pathway becomes "opponent is lower than you = jMLL" or "opponent is higher than you = jM (double jump) jMLL" into 2H or H depending on comfort.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 271
    edited February 11
    LockM wrote: »
    That was disgusting, so his M stance somehow doesn't have a pushbox or something?
    *Apparantly Hit is invincible/unhittable during that stance so Trunks just passed through.

    That's how it is in the anime and don't think it's a bug. Goku had the same thing happened to him in the show.

    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111297480/6165613-5347307886-tumbl.gif
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,584
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    The problem is that he's the best assist in the game and a very strong character himself. Unless you use some sort of specialized team there's not that much of a reason to not use Vegeta right now.

    Also the game doesn't seem to have varied play styles because any sort of keep away is 100% demolished by vanish & super dash. You can bait them somewhat but once your in the air only consistent option against super dash are supers and invuln moves as far as I can tell. Some normals work from some angles sometimes, but that seems fairly inconsistent generally with poor risk-reward if you mess up.

    So you rush down and Vegeta locks them down for 30 years while covering all tech options. I've been playing some other characters, but it gets harder to argue against replacing goku or goku black (when vegeta isn't already on my team) with vegeta considering the massive boon to the single play style allowed in the game. Goku black i think is a better character than vegeta though, beam assists have their own massive boons also since Vegeta doesn't reach fullscreen.

    I honestly wish ki attacks (5S, 2S, and j.S) had more viability in the neutral, beams are decent but my only complaint with the game is its hard to argue 'playing what you want' when most of the cast is so similar there seem to be some characters that have the same stuff ... plus a little more. Why not play the ones with 'a little more'?

    This is true, but only with what we know so far. We still haven’t had a meta defining early team come up. Just characters that are strong that are thrown together.

    Till a good meta team comes about that stacks synergies and the sum of its parts get stronger when coupled to its teammates, it’s hard to make any general calls on the game.

    Like yeah, most characters seem to play the same, but if you look at their movelist with regards to specials, ex moves, S button functionality and and varying properties of normal moves, there’s ALOT of differences in the cast it’s just that the game is being played at such a basic level right now that it’s going to come off homogenous for the most part because no one really knows how to make use of the non basic shit yet.

    I really doubt we will see something other than in-your-face pure rushdown in this game as things stand. Zoning is pretty much completely out of the question with homings, vanishes and deflects. At most you can pressure some with them and use beams as long range pokes into vanish combos, but a true defensive strategy around zoning will not work.

    And with how limited defensive options are and how easy it is to get in... just why not go and rush? There are no invincible backdashes, no pushblock, no chicken block since you are vulnerable during prejump, guardcancels are not very effective and meterless invincible moves are scarce. Couple that with assist pressure and I think all points to pure offense, and the dominating characters so far (Cell, 18, Vegeta, etc) take advantage of that very well. At least before some major system tweaks in a revision I don't see strategies changing that much, at most some characters will shift around if someone finds better ways to do that offense than what's currently known.

    One thing that really boggles my mind is the lack of a pushblock mechanic. Guilty Gear has Faultless Defense, Marvel has pushblocking, but here with so many ways to get in there's no such mechanic. I think the addition of pushblock would make the game more interesting than it is right now with all the easy pressure.

    Yeah, I’m not saying that heavy zoning will ever take place, what I’m saying is that we still don’t really know what offense is in this game when a team is put together well, or how the neutral “really” plays. As an example, gotenks has beams and Ki Blasts and he has a beam cancel that puts him midair and allows him to do an overhead into a full combo, he also has an aerial Ki Blast that he can cancel into a pseudo jump by holding forward, he also has plus on block normal specials, which is a rarity.

    Teen Gohan has an aerial Ki Blast that is plus on block and has some crazy good corner carry in general.
    Ginyu still hasn’t been figured out. Etc.

    As far as pushblock, to me it makes sense actually. The mixups in this game aren’t THAT good. In marvel as an example it’s rare to see someone block a move 3 times in a row... the mixups are just way to good in that game.

    In dbfz, it’s not the blocking mixups that define the game, it’s the pressure and frame traps. You are supposed to have to hold that pressure. But the gapped pressure can be parried... that’s dbfz. People just aren’t doing it yet that much. As time goes on we may see a lot more “parries” come into the game. Also, it’s totally possible to play a more grounded game if superdash is messing with your aerial game.

    I do actually wish that super dash were toned down against Ki Blasts though. For me the perfect compromise is kinda like sf5. Make it so that a good amount of startup frames don’t go through Ki Blasts, that way the opponent has to make a good read.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dime wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    The problem is that he's the best assist in the game and a very strong character himself. Unless you use some sort of specialized team there's not that much of a reason to not use Vegeta right now.

    Also the game doesn't seem to have varied play styles because any sort of keep away is 100% demolished by vanish & super dash. You can bait them somewhat but once your in the air only consistent option against super dash are supers and invuln moves as far as I can tell. Some normals work from some angles sometimes, but that seems fairly inconsistent generally with poor risk-reward if you mess up.

    So you rush down and Vegeta locks them down for 30 years while covering all tech options. I've been playing some other characters, but it gets harder to argue against replacing goku or goku black (when vegeta isn't already on my team) with vegeta considering the massive boon to the single play style allowed in the game. Goku black i think is a better character than vegeta though, beam assists have their own massive boons also since Vegeta doesn't reach fullscreen.

    I honestly wish ki attacks (5S, 2S, and j.S) had more viability in the neutral, beams are decent but my only complaint with the game is its hard to argue 'playing what you want' when most of the cast is so similar there seem to be some characters that have the same stuff ... plus a little more. Why not play the ones with 'a little more'?

    This is true, but only with what we know so far. We still haven’t had a meta defining early team come up. Just characters that are strong that are thrown together.

    Till a good meta team comes about that stacks synergies and the sum of its parts get stronger when coupled to its teammates, it’s hard to make any general calls on the game.

    Like yeah, most characters seem to play the same, but if you look at their movelist with regards to specials, ex moves, S button functionality and and varying properties of normal moves, there’s ALOT of differences in the cast it’s just that the game is being played at such a basic level right now that it’s going to come off homogenous for the most part because no one really knows how to make use of the non basic shit yet.

    I really doubt we will see something other than in-your-face pure rushdown in this game as things stand. Zoning is pretty much completely out of the question with homings, vanishes and deflects. At most you can pressure some with them and use beams as long range pokes into vanish combos, but a true defensive strategy around zoning will not work.

    And with how limited defensive options are and how easy it is to get in... just why not go and rush? There are no invincible backdashes, no pushblock, no chicken block since you are vulnerable during prejump, guardcancels are not very effective and meterless invincible moves are scarce. Couple that with assist pressure and I think all points to pure offense, and the dominating characters so far (Cell, 18, Vegeta, etc) take advantage of that very well. At least before some major system tweaks in a revision I don't see strategies changing that much, at most some characters will shift around if someone finds better ways to do that offense than what's currently known.

    One thing that really boggles my mind is the lack of a pushblock mechanic. Guilty Gear has Faultless Defense, Marvel has pushblocking, but here with so many ways to get in there's no such mechanic. I think the addition of pushblock would make the game more interesting than it is right now with all the easy pressure.

    1.Yeah, I’m not saying that heavy zoning will ever take place, what I’m saying is that we still don’t really know what offense is in this game when a team is put together well, or how the neutral “really” plays. As an example, gotenks has beams and Ki Blasts and he has a beam cancel that puts him midair and allows him to do an overhead into a full combo, he also has an aerial Ki Blast that he can cancel into a pseudo jump by holding forward, he also has plus on block normal specials, which is a rarity.

    Teen Gohan has an aerial Ki Blast that is plus on block and has some crazy good corner carry in general.
    Ginyu still hasn’t been figured out. Etc.

    2. As far as pushblock, to me it makes sense actually. The mixups in this game aren’t THAT good. In marvel as an example it’s rare to see someone block a move 3 times in a row... the mixups are just way to good in that game.

    3. In dbfz, it’s not the blocking mixups that define the game, it’s the pressure and frame traps. You are supposed to have to hold that pressure. But the gapped pressure can be parried... that’s dbfz. People just aren’t doing it yet that much. As time goes on we may see a lot more “parries” come into the game. Also, it’s totally possible to play a more grounded game if superdash is messing with your aerial game.

    4. I do actually wish that super dash were toned down against Ki Blasts though. For me the perfect compromise is kinda like sf5. Make it so that a good amount of startup frames don’t go through Ki Blasts, that way the opponent has to make a good read.

    1. The meta has been set in place because of how easy meter is to come by, very restrictive defensive options and easy to use counter-measures to zoning. There's barely any chip damage even if you were to use 7 level one super beams in a row.
    2. A mechanic like faultless defense would keep people from going auto-pilot once you're in block-stun. FD uses meter and it would make discission-making more dynamic. With an overall decrease in meter gain and other tools requiring meter, players would have to really choose what's important to them.
    3. Once in block-stun, it doesn't matter. there's needs to be back-n-forth options for every aspect of the game. Once again, once they're in block-stun, you can 100% go auto-pilot. That's weak and will get monotonous to look at/play against. Faultless Defense makes players think about block-strings more.
    4. That won't work in that way because shooting Ki-blast will last longer than the invul frames. Super Dash going through KBs is fine, but it should only be KB invincible. Everything else should knock you out of it. It also should have less tracking.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    Yo goku blue on the level of gohan and goku black
  • SHwoKingSHwoKing Joined: Posts: 126 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think people should just stop talking about DBZF with MVC strats in mind.

    I agree with what Sonixfox said. Assist long cooldown, DHC usually being the best way to finish an opponent and no practical TOD means you’ll have to play other characters than your first. You cant’ rely on one point character in this game. It just doesn’t work.

    As for Vegeta assist, it is indeed strong. It has several exploitable drawbacks though : you can try a reflect after the last fireball. You can Super Dash. You can guard cancel inside it. Not to mention using it to lockdown a down opponent is giving him free meter if he reflect the whole sequence. I’m sure people will start to find ways around it.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,262
    edited February 11
    yeah, the once i have you on block in the corner and i can just start to pressure flowchart meta is very frustrating to play against.
    especially since it can start from a low safe on block jab (android18) which even advances you forward. (ed.- seems like its actually a mid which advances you forward, my bad)

    reflect is the key to get out there but spamming it will just lead to you wiffing one and allowing your opponent to continue the pressure
    so its important to learn to time and properly use it and to get the best out of it even when its it might just setting things up to neutral.
    i hope with some time the game evolves to more then just rushdown and corner lockdown being the way to go.
    Post edited by appo on

  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 213
    edited February 11
    Remember when they said the good assists will be attached to the lower end characters and the best characters will have worse assists?
    I member.

    That went to shit I guess coz all the good assists are from the first characters that were shown, it's like they forgot the assists completely while making the rest of the cast and then went "Oh shit, well we have to choose one of their specials as assists and hopefully it's good".

    Also fuck Gohan's long ass legs, I don't remember this asshole sliding fullscreen into death in the anime. This is so not canon.

    Remember when they said they will take power levels into account and everyone said ''they are just saying this to appease power level people''. But now that the game is out I realized all the sayians have generally better moves than humans. People talk about Vegetas assist but if you would disable assists Vegeta would probably still be a better char to pick then Yamcha or Tenshinhan. Is it a coincidence Yamcha and Tenshinhan have slow crouching mediums that have low range, while Trunks and Gohan have fast slides? For assists it seems they just took one move from a char and again, the Sayians just have better moves.
    Post edited by Saandro on
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 213
    The problem I feel is that even characters with kinda unique tools just don't have what it takes. Like for example Piccolo. His homing ball is slow and gets rekt by super dash or any random beam. His demon slicer is tough to use as a counter and can get blown up by c.H. His elbow is meant as a left-right mixup but it is so telegraphed a decent player will easily counter it with a jab. His comand grab can occasionaly catch someone, but again way too slow. His normals have nice range but so do Cells, who just has overall better moves and damage. Slayer slide that is faster and safe on block? Why? Piccolo as a ''technical'' char just doesn't offer anything unique or a different enough playstyle. Frieza is the designated zoner but zoning in this game is pretty much non-existant. The only reason to pick the dedicated ''zoner'' of the game is to go ham with golden form and sparkling. Just yesterday I won 1v3 with gold Frieza as last char, and it's really fun but again, does nothing differently, just more pressure and rushdown and other characters are just overall better. Yamcha as a Leo style character doesn't work. His wolf fang fist is way too slow and telegraphed and as time goes on will never work against any decent player. You pick him because he has a good jumping H.

    The only character that I feel has some undiscovered potential yet is Ginyu. But he is probably just low tier and a gimmick. I mean, I really like this game and it's a blast to play. But I feel like it still needs a lot of work. Not just the online stuff, but the characters and gameplay need to be a bit ironed out too.

  • TolsimirTolsimir Joined: Posts: 10
    That tier list looks pretty solid in my opinion. I would personally move Adult Gohan up there with Cell and A16, and move Goku Blue down to A-tier and that's it. I have been watching a stream of ChrisG where he said that Ginyu is trash and that he is just missing something (even though Chris was owning ranked with him), so I find it interesting that the Japanese have also put him the lowest.

    Also I really hope the pros figure out some way to use the less represented characters. The universal game mechanics make it so that every character has a fighting chance, which is amazing for casual play because you can win with whomever you want. But at the same time, there doesn't seem to be much reason to pick anything other than the top characters at the highest level.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,610
    edited February 11
    Vegeta strikes me more as UMvC3 Dr. Doom and less MvC2 CapCom. He can compete with the top tier solo characters even though he's clearly outclassed by them (unlike Commando who'll get rolled pretty bad by the god tiers), but you still pick him for his great assist, not as a standalone character.

    I'd love to see ArcSys look at the assist system in general though. Giving worse assists shorter cooldowns would be an easy way to improve them.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    appo wrote: »
    yeah, the once i have you on block in the corner and i can just start to pressure flowchart meta is very frustrating to play against.
    especially since it can start from a low safe on block jab (android18) which even advances you forward.

    reflect is the key to get out there but spamming it will just lead to you wiffing one and allowing your opponent to continue the pressure
    so its important to learn to time and properly use it and to get the best out of it even when its it might just setting things up to neutral.
    i hope with some time the game evolves to more then just rushdown and corner lockdown being the way to go.

    I look at reflect like instant blocking in BB/GG, but those games also have good defensive options when you're actually blocking.They all require some sort of finite resource, so players have to allows think about what they're using and when.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi Gigantic Meteor Joined: Posts: 1,244
    Remember when they said the good assists will be attached to the lower end characters and the best characters will have worse assists?
    I member.

    That went to shit I guess coz all the good assists are from the first characters that were shown, it's like they forgot the assists completely while making the rest of the cast and then went "Oh shit, well we have to choose one of their specials as assists and hopefully it's good".

    Also fuck Gohan's long ass legs, I don't remember this asshole sliding fullscreen into death in the anime. This is so not canon.
    Balancing around assists is always a shitshow.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,129
    edited February 11
    Cronopio wrote: »
    The problem is that he's the best assist in the game and a very strong character himself. Unless you use some sort of specialized team there's not that much of a reason to not use Vegeta right now.

    Also the game doesn't seem to have varied play styles because any sort of keep away is 100% demolished by vanish & super dash. You can bait them somewhat but once your in the air only consistent option against super dash are supers and invuln moves as far as I can tell. Some normals work from some angles sometimes, but that seems fairly inconsistent generally with poor risk-reward if you mess up.

    I don't fully agree with this, character's like Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu and even Krillin can play a strong keepout since their best projectiles will blow up Super Dash, they can be used airborne and the threat of a full Vanish or Super conversion off a stray projectile hit means that a player wont be rushing in against solid zoning patterns. Also Ginyu and his Ginyu Force projectiles will stay on screen regardless of if he gets hit or not... Vanish fortunately isn't an unlimited resource, I'd be fine if a player is spending meter to kick me out of a projectile.

    Vanish is strong but I wouldn't say that + Super Dash are enough to invalidate zoning for certain characters at least.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,262
    edited February 11
    watching some replays of the corner pressure i faced of against yesterday and you literally have to guess if a low or overhead comes due to the fireball effects of vegeta assisst on block hiding the attacking chars and what he is doing. and since you can reflect only after the last fireball...training mode time to counter this shit :sleepy:

  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,214
    Do you guys tend to instant air dash pressure with medium attack or heavy? Heavy has a bigger hit box,.does more damage , and is easier to time, but mediums are faster, can be chained to light and I see Japan using those more.
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

    President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,592
    edited February 11
    Two of my characters jumping medium has better range then there heavy (A.18 & A.Gohan), so there my go-to in neutral.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,584
    Do you guys tend to instant air dash pressure with medium attack or heavy? Heavy has a bigger hit box,.does more damage , and is easier to time, but mediums are faster, can be chained to light and I see Japan using those more.

    Both are good. Use the medium into light to force a longer high block from the opponent, then next time do your iad into late heavy which will wiff and land into your crouching lows. That’s the reason for the medium light, it’s good when mixed up with empty low. Use iad j.h as an easy confirm since it’s a heavy. Land into low/throw/ frame trap mixup.

    The medium into light is better for characters that have low hitting light attacks and that’s an extremely brutal mixup to have to to face. Characters who’s only low is the 2M are better served using the j.h and going for throw/frame trap stuff because emptyjump 2M is much easier for any decent player to block low since they are pretty slow.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    It's character dependant. Some jM whiff on crouchers.

  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,610
    Do you guys tend to instant air dash pressure with medium attack or heavy? Heavy has a bigger hit box,.does more damage , and is easier to time, but mediums are faster, can be chained to light and I see Japan using those more.

    I recommend testing your characters' jLs for pressure as well. Several characters have that has their best IAD-button.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    I wanna know the cheap tech the japanese have on goku azul.

    Meanwhile, how are you guys setting up oki with your characters? For example, Cell has a braindead airdash forward after 236M ender in the corner that brings them down to the ground and tags both normal timing recoveries.

    I'm trying to do something similar exploring goku's knockdowns, and stuff like neutral jump late airdash or backdash IAD isn't quite reliable. If you do jH they get knocked down and you can't follow up and the other buttons don't connect with normal timing, making you have to read their wakeup option.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,722
    edited February 11
    Naeras wrote: »
    So apparently this thing was made by Japanese tournament players:
    j6z4l7dhsff01.jpg

    I mean, it's probably correct-ish for week two, but I can't see the list staying this way.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking 16 is top tier, but I'd like to know what they see in SSB Goku to put him above SSB Vegeta.
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942
    To PC players - Back up your save file (SYSTEM.sav). My friend woke up this morning and had corrupted save data and since there's no cloud save support he had no unlocks/zeni.
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 343
    appo wrote: »
    watching some replays of the corner pressure i faced of against yesterday and you literally have to guess if a low or overhead comes due to the fireball effects of vegeta assisst on block hiding the attacking chars and what he is doing. and since you can reflect only after the last fireball...training mode time to counter this shit :sleepy:
    I literally tried to press my face against the screen to better see what's going on. didn't help. UMvC3 was flashy but here the effects often stand in the way of seeing what's actually happening. and I don't feel that's supposed to be part of strength of these attacks unlike Ibuki's bomb explosion in SF5 for example.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,422
    edited February 11
    Does anyone ever notice that when you're waiting for your opponent to accept a match in ranked that a "press circle to cancel" option appears for like a brief second when the timer runs out?
    Like. What's the goddamn point?
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

    I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,262
    edited February 11
    Sp00kyFox wrote: »
    appo wrote: »
    watching some replays of the corner pressure i faced of against yesterday and you literally have to guess if a low or overhead comes due to the fireball effects of vegeta assisst on block hiding the attacking chars and what he is doing. and since you can reflect only after the last fireball...training mode time to counter this shit :sleepy:
    I literally tried to press my face against the screen to better see what's going on. didn't help. UMvC3 was flashy but here the effects often stand in the way of seeing what's actually happening. and I don't feel that's supposed to be part of strength of these attacks unlike Ibuki's bomb explosion in SF5 for example.

    yeah, they definitely overdid the onblock and overall effects. when you have to guess if a low comes out or a instant air dash instead to react to, something seems to be not right.
    i captured the matches, maybe i will make a little compilation to look into it. i had some successfull reflects but i fucked it up afterwards because i mashed it instead to just press it once in the right situation.

  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 213
    Zachara wrote: »
    To PC players - Back up your save file (SYSTEM.sav). My friend woke up this morning and had corrupted save data and since there's no cloud save support he had no unlocks/zeni.

    What happened to me was my graphic settings and button layout just reverted to standard. Thankfuly everything else was fine.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 942
    edited February 11
    Saandro wrote: »
    Zachara wrote: »
    To PC players - Back up your save file (SYSTEM.sav). My friend woke up this morning and had corrupted save data and since there's no cloud save support he had no unlocks/zeni.

    What happened to me was my graphic settings and button layout just reverted to standard. Thankfuly everything else was fine.

    My friend lost literally everything so you got lucky. Fortunately I sent him a copy of my system.sav and it gave him all my unlocks/zeni, it changed his button layout and edited teams to mine but reapplied his user name and rank. Although he did have my lobby avatar which confused him for a minute.
    For anyone that needs it you'll find the file at appdata/local/DBFighterz/Saved/SaveGames and it's named SYSTEM.sav. I recommend backing it up just to be safe but I think we can all agree that it's a pretty dumb idea to have everything save locally.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,917
    Homing dash is so not a problem lmfao get ur reactions up
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,214
    What are the mechanics of teleport on block?

    There are times I mash jab and clash, there's times I do that and lose straight up.

    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

    President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,909
    Vanish is only really plus on block if they hit you on the ground and on the lower part of the body. If they hit you on the higher part of your character or in the air, they should be negative.

    I actually heard someone say vanish is technically negative on block but you can cancel the landing frames which makes it plus if they are close to the ground
  • RouninRounin Joined: Posts: 179
    edited February 11
    I'm finding lots of difficulty escaping blockstring pressure. If you block a launcher can you jump away regardless of assists? What about sliding normals I'm holding down back waay to much
Sign In or Register to comment.