Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    edited October 2017
    Scotch wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't think that could be a problem since no power was going through it.
    http://i.imgur.com/dyIIfoPl.jpg

    There is still chips on that board, and without proper power those chips still detect the signals and send false/ error inputs.
    Providing power but not data to those chips keep them from sending junk inputs.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • par124par124 Joined: Posts: 17
    I was thinking about accidental home button presses in tournament etc., and was wondering if it be possible for Brook to make an "Emulate button" combination for the "Home/PS" button on these PS3/4 PCBs instead of a button itself being required, similar to how share button shortcut works on PS2>PS4 converter, or touchpad button emulation on these boards? Maybe something that has to be deliberate like X+Trainge+R2+Options? Just an idea, but it would be awesome to avoid accidental presses and also free up a button on my stick
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    par124 wrote: »
    I was thinking about accidental home button presses in tournament etc., and was wondering if it be possible for Brook to make an "Emulate button" combination for the "Home/PS" button on these PS3/4 PCBs instead of a button itself being required, similar to how share button shortcut works on PS2>PS4 converter, or touchpad button emulation on these boards? Maybe something that has to be deliberate like X+Trainge+R2+Options? Just an idea, but it would be awesome to avoid accidental presses and also free up a button on my stick

    Or you can put a On/Off Switch on the Home button's Signal line. That all the tournament lock does on a Mad Catz Stick.
    Do it on to just the ground wire the Start, Home and select buttons and you can deactivate all 3 buttons
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • RiderkickerRiderkicker Joined: Posts: 167
    Is that why Gummo's Mad Catz board does that, that lock switch is actually for the Home Switch? I've been using it as a Mode for a PS2 PCB.
  • par124par124 Joined: Posts: 17
    Darksakul wrote: »
    par124 wrote: »
    I was thinking about accidental home button presses in tournament etc., and was wondering if it be possible for Brook to make an "Emulate button" combination for the "Home/PS" button on these PS3/4 PCBs instead of a button itself being required, similar to how share button shortcut works on PS2>PS4 converter, or touchpad button emulation on these boards? Maybe something that has to be deliberate like X+Trainge+R2+Options? Just an idea, but it would be awesome to avoid accidental presses and also free up a button on my stick

    Or you can put a On/Off Switch on the Home button's Signal line. That all the tournament lock does on a Mad Catz Stick.
    Do it on to just the ground wire the Start, Home and select buttons and you can deactivate all 3 buttons

    Yeah, I just thought if the firmware could do it (and it seems it can, because Brook emulates a lot of functions on their boards and converters already) there'd be really no need for a physical home button at all, and for sticks with limited holes/buttons available, the physical (currently "Home") buttons could serve as an R3/L3, "Turbo" or maybe a touch pad button with no extra hole drilling or wire cutting necessary. Just an idea
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 67
    edited November 2017
    Well Im buying one of the brook touchpads for the ps3/ps4 fightboard online since I accidentally forgot to get an extra hole drilled into my custom case and I cant help but wonder how the hell I'm going to put it on my stick. I mean I don't want just a green board sitting on the top lol. Any ideas? Or should I just drill an extra hole on top and use a button........or is that touchpad I'm buying meant to be a replacement for commercial joysticks?
  • ZBEPZBEP Joined: Posts: 13
    edited December 2017
    So, my previous problem was resolved with the next ps4 firmware which magically fixed everything. But this time it's something different.

    So, i use the ps3/ps4 pcb, and the random inputs started to happen again, but less frequent, and again, only on ps4. Since i was just in my hometown for two weeks, i decided to not give a damn about that and just use my ps3 for a while. But it hasn't been updated since summer probably. Before installing the new firmware it was ok, but i needed netplay so i installed it, and after that the fightstick stopped working on the console completely. I tried plugging it into my pc, where it worked for like half a minute, and then just died, no response again. It happened like 5 times. I decided to try and update the firmware again, even though the last update was in summer and i already had that installed, but reinstalling it never seemed to make things worse. Before installing, i opened up the fightstick and made sure all the contacts were in place to not cause disconnects. But while installing, i got an error "FAILED to WRITE". Then the fightstick became a brick. The PC only recognizes it when i plug it in while holding select and share buttons, and even then it sometimes just doesn't. And when it does and i try to update the firmware again, i get one of two errors, either failed to write, or another one which happens earlier and it only happened two times. Sometimes the update programm doesn't even recognize the device, it seems, giving some ID error right after i press the start button.

    I need help. I already spent 140$ on this stick less than a year ago and i don't want to get a new pcb/fightstick or switch to a pad this soon. And yeah, I'm 100% positive that the update file was the one i needed, i made sure to redownload it and to get the one i need.
  • DrambitDrambit High Overlord Balrog Joined: Posts: 616
    Is it possible to do the cthulu trick of making start+select = home?
  • KipShadesKipShades Joined: Posts: 2
    edited February 1
    Question for anyone that bought the IST Pre-Installed board: I installed one recently into a HitBox. I want to switch the SOCD cleaner output where the second command covers the first command. On Brook's site, it says to short Short ADC_Ry to GND to do so, but I'm not sure how to do that on this board. Can anyone provide some insight?

    just solder a wire between those 2 pins

    I can do that even if the board is soldered onto another board already? Cg7iAzgWUAAU_Sr.jpg

    yes

    I plan on doing a similar thing with a board that's has a Paradise Arcade breakout board installed, and I was wondering how I should go about doing that, considering the two holes in the board are already filled by pin headers. Should I simply solder the wire onto the pin headers, or is there some other way I could short them?
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 67
    edited February 11
    So I wired up the TP Key on my Fightboard and it isn't doing anything in SF V AE (Steam Version) when im in Training Mode but I noticed that the r3 button bind on KB works and does reset. Im guessing TP KEY doesnt do anything on the PC Version? Maybe I'll try to wire up the r3 button instead and see if that works. If anyone knows more info I'd appreciate a reply.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 686
    @DAyala I'm pretty sure TP Key on my Panzer works to reset training mode on PC version. AS well as the R3 key. Do you have a PS4 to test to make sure you wired up the button correctly? How do you know it's working? Is it registering in Windows joy.cpl or whatever it's called?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 755
    DAyala wrote: »
    So I wired up the TP Key on my Fightboard and it isn't doing anything in SF V AE (Steam Version) when im in Training Mode but I noticed that the r3 button bind on KB works and does reset. Im guessing TP KEY doesnt do anything on the PC Version? Maybe I'll try to wire up the r3 button instead and see if that works. If anyone knows more info I'd appreciate a reply.

    If you're using PS4 Mode on PC you should get the button 14 light on.. But if you're just using the xbox360/xboxone mode, your TPKey wont do anything more than the back button, which is your case.

    Try sticking to L3/R3 whenever you're using xbox modes to reset the training mode
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

    KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 67
    Yea its coming up as x360 mode which probably explains why, this PAS Breakout board doesnt seem to have a R3 button screw terminal so I guess Im going to have to solder straight to the board. Thanks for the replies guys.
Sign In or Register to comment.