Omen of Sorrow, new fighting game for Windows and PlayStation 4

13»

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,384 mod
    edited February 2
    i see people mentioning a Doomed State but what triggers it? is it like the ASW games Negative Penalty where it punishes you for being too defensive?

It's tied to the Blessed meter beside the super gauge. Basically, the meter fills up by moving forward and pressing buttons. If the meter runs out, either by repeatedly just blocking, or trying to do the stuff tied to it (bold cancels, roll outs, etc.) without enough meter puts you in Doomed state.

In practice, it feels more like a guard bar and getting guard broken than negative penalty.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,517

This game gives me a heavy vibe of fighting games in the mid-1990s.
    In a way it reminds me Killer Instinct by just looks alone.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • alexbibalexbib Joined: Posts: 55
    Arrg, the animations are really bad. I can deal with bad graphics, but not bad animation.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,517
    Animations look... relatively fine to me.
    They're using the Japanese-style of fighting game animations. Somewhat rough, but makes the action more 'fluid' in a typical SF-esque way compared to say the Mortal Kombat/NRS style of animation during fights.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • AlegrettoAlegretto The King of Breakfast. Joined: Posts: 419
    The more I see from this game the more I like it, tbh. I mean, the gameplay seems good, seems fast paced but not insane... sort of anime-ish? idk. I have yet to play it, obviously, so I'm just going from what I'm seeing.

As far as the animations go, I agree that there's something not quiiiite right, but I wouldn't know where to place it. As long as they're still working on 'em, tho, I'd expect them to look nicer in the final product (and why wouldn't they be, every game's first look had rougher animations/effects/models than they ended up being).
    MBAA: C-Ryougi/H-Loa

;_; it's been so long since I've played MBAA
13»