Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Star Wars

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,428
    It had really poor promotion, I only knew about it because of the SRK thread for Tron. I never saw any ads or nothing for it anywhere.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tron Legacy was a 2 hour daft punk music video.

No thanks.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    My only disappointment with Tron Legacy was they didnt really try to push any technological boundaries which is what the original movie was all about.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 37,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 7
    It had really poor promotion, I only knew about it because of the SRK thread for Tron. I never saw any ads or nothing for it anywhere.

uh? i saw it all over the place. they pushed that movie hard

edit: just realized you were talking about the cartoon
    StockyJam wrote: »
    at this point, id rather see less star wars movies and more tron movies.
    c'mon disney...make another tron movie! im starving for that.

The last Tron movie kinda sucked.

And the last cartoon had abysmal ratings. At one the shows producer was practically begging people to watch it. It must of had poor promotion, I just found out about it recently.

yeah it missed its opportunity. disney was just breaking back into the animation game....unfortunately it missed the real renaissance of disney animation when star/gravity falls really hit big
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 702
    edited February 7
    TRON Legacy was awful. TRON 2.0 (the Monolith shooter) however was pretty OK all things considered.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,254
    All this Tron Legacy talk brings back memories....

• SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,871

And it's a damn shame as I really fucking enjoyed Tron: Uprising. But Disney never bought into it, they never expected it to succeed and thus did everything they could so it could fail asap.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,233
    disney should sell the tron license to...lucas film! im serious! lol

as for legacy...i haaaaated it the 1st time i saw it. but a couple years later, i decided to give legacy a second shot, and i loved it. i think its a multiple viewing type of movie. give it another chance, but with a open mind and not trying to hate it because it looks nothing like the 1st visually.

i also liked the game. the disney game on xbox/gfwl
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    edited February 8
    disney should sell the tron license to...lucas film! im serious!
    So they should sell the license to themselves?
    Because that what you are saying.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    edited February 8
    when i wrote that i didnt realize disney bought lucasfilm and not just the star wars ip. cuz i thought they just bought star wars and thats it.
    also, not to keep straying off topic but..
    edited February 8
    so if disney bought lucasfilm in its entirety...how ...so..so george lucas, if he wanted to make a movie he would need to...use another production company? or use lucasfilm? hmmm.

hmmm.
    disney owns indiana jones too. and american graffiti. what??? that says to me george lucas will never make another movie in his lifetime. sad. that guy just gave up on his art. smh.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    so if disney bought lucasfilm in its entirety...how ...so..so george lucas, if he wanted to make a movie he would need to...use another production company? or use lucasfilm? hmmm.

hmmm.
    disney owns indiana jones too. and american graffiti. what??? that says to me george lucas will never make another movie in his lifetime. sad. that guy just gave up on his art. smh.

Indiana Jones is half own by Disney half owned by Paramount, Disney owns the IP but Paramount owns the Distribution Rights
    And I think Universal has distribution rights to American Graffiti.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,426
    Lucas retired when he sold to Disney.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

Were talking about the film Company Lucas Film and not George Lucas
    Lucas Film is still up and about as a subsidiary of Disney and not an independent film company.

Lucas Retiring is hilarious, as he hardly did anything really.
    He mostly wrote and delegate tasks to others

The Films Lucas was the most active with is the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy
    Lucas didn't even fully directed THX 1138 or American Graffiti, and the real directing for A New Hope went to Gary Kuntz.
    Lucas did a whole lot of shit, if you think he did almost nothing then you don't know Lucas very well.
    Lucas did a whole lot of shit, if you think he did almost nothing then you don't know Lucas very well.
    Lucas gets much more credit to stuff than he deserves.

All the movies he wrote stories for, he only wrote the story, someone had to go back and rewrite everything to make it a cohesive script almost every time.
    He hardly directed, all his writing had to be redone.
    Yeah Lucas pushed for innovation, but that is out of necessity. Before THX, most movie studios lacks a special effects dept, they didn't have sound effect engineers (just recording engineers). And Lucas just facilitated the work of others, he didn't came up with anything himself. The thing George did right was the foresight to keep creative control and maintaining merchandising rights. Lucas made more from merchandise than he ever did from any film. He also formed what will later be Pixar (he sold the failing CGI division of THX to Apple who later partner with Disney).
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,426
    Darksakul wrote: »

Were talking about the film Company Lucas Film and not George Lucas
    Lucas Film is still up and about as a subsidiary of Disney and not an independent film company.

Lucas Retiring is hilarious, as he hardly did anything really.
    He mostly wrote and delegate tasks to others

The Films Lucas was the most active with is the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy
    Lucas didn't even fully directed THX 1138 or American Graffiti, and the real directing for A New Hope went to Gary Kuntz.

I'm aware. But I was replying to this:

hmmm.

Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    I thought the movie was supposed to crib ideas from Guardians of the Galaxy, not just outright plagiarize. But I didnt expect anything from it, and well, I got exactly that.

But current Star Lord is based off Han Solo, and Guardians would not be where they are if it isn't for Star Wars.
    And it's isn't plagiarism if the same studio owns both properties.
    Pertho wrote: »
    Yeah, he went ham being meticulous about a lot of the plot holes.

Now I meed the pro side to give me somebody who spent 6 houts defending the movie. :rofl:

Sadly you aren't getting it
    The vocal ones are the ones who are all butt hurt.
    The majority of the people who like the movie is content and isn't going to raise a fuss (they just buy merchandise and buy movie tickets).

You can plagiarize yourself.

MVCU Star Lord is nothing like Han Solo.

MVCU plagiarizes Andy from Parks and Recreation.

So self-plagiarizism is still an issue here.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    Solo looks good. Will be seeing it.

Hope Solo's Sarlacc Pit looks better.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

edited February 9
    Found this

Could the Worlds in Star Wars really exist?

Azure wrote: »
    Solo looks good. Will be seeing it.

Hope Solo's Sarlacc Pit looks better.
    Hope Solo is more akin to the gaping asteroid where they hide in Empire and then the monster tries to eat them. Imo.

Nah.

That monster could clamp its gaping maw shut tight.

Hope's would need a DP assist.

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I cant believe this exists in the SW universe.... :rofl:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,062
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/

For some context, Jizz is the music these guys are playing

latest?cb=20080316202528
  • CyntalanCyntalan The Metamoderator™ = The Boogeyman Joined: Posts: 8,521 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I love the "talk" page on that... :rofl:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Jizz
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    "Man, I fucking love me some jizz." - chadouken!

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,536
    Man, I fucking love me some jizz.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
  • nicehatnicehat Joined: Posts: 12
    Do you think you can tell which parts will be directed by Ron Howard and which are directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller? Or too impossible to tell the difference.
    nicehat wrote: »
    Do you think you can tell which parts will be directed by Ron Howard and which are directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller? Or too impossible to tell the difference.

Rumor also is that Ron bringing his fugly brother Clint in as a character.
    howard-clint-image.jpg

Ron and Clint together
    landscape-1501794602-ron1.jpg
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,598
    Haha that's a fugly looking cracker, goddamn!
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Haha that's a fugly looking cracker, goddamn!
    Best part is you hardly need any makeup to make Clint Howard look like an Alien.
    He is half way there.

Here he is as Balok in Star Trek TOS
    balok--star-trek-the-original-series-91.2.jpg
    They just gave the Child Clint a costume and have an Adult do a voice over

Here is is in TNG
    Ferengi2.jpg
    Probability the cheapest Ferengi to do makeup for.

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally saw Last of the Jedi.

As a casual fan, the movie was entertaining although a bit of a mess and way too long.

SPOILERS

However, if I were a hardcore SW fan, I think I would also be pissed about how they handled Luke's character and Snoke. This was a weird version of Luke, seemed illogical. Also, Snoke bodied so freely was extremely disappointing.

• SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 599
    edited February 13
    Snoke went out like a bitch
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 233
    Sesshomaru wrote: »

Agreed, but I have no problem with it (Rule of Two, baby). I have a problem with how we never found WHO he is! Why do the First Order follow him? Did he have a connection to the Empire at all and that is why he rose to the top? Did he have connections to Palpatine personally? We never find out why Snoke was the Supreme Leader. The movie basically just leaves people the the thought of Snoke is the Supreme Leader "just because." Its lame. Is it hard to answer why this resurgent Imperial Remnant came to prominence after they were soundly beaten and how did Snoke end up as the guy running whole thing?
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
    Sesshomaru wrote: »

Agreed, but I have no problem with it (Rule of Two, baby). I have a problem with how we never found WHO he is! Why do the First Order follow him? Did he have a connection to the Empire at all and that is why he rose to the top? Did he have connections to Palpatine personally? We never find out why Snoke was the Supreme Leader. The movie basically just leaves people the the thought of Snoke is the Supreme Leader "just because." Its lame. Is it hard to answer why this resurgent Imperial Remnant came to prominence after they were soundly beaten and how did Snoke end up as the guy running whole thing?

But we never knew who Palpatine was, not really. Not though the original Trilogy.
    And the Prequel trilogy only showed how he got to power and not much else.

Snoke is less of a character and more of a Plot element, that all he was.
    And I am fine with the Comics/Novels explaining who Snoke is, if at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file