Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Blizzard Overwatch

1322323324325326328»

Comments

• highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,871
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Rocket jump? Like shooting the ground to get some air? I'm not sure why you'd be doing that when well, her boost would get you a lot more air and doesn't hurt you at all. I don't think that's a valid complaint. Her jetpack not being able to be used on a sort of forward angle or whatnot does seem a little odd though, but hey.

rocket jumping with pharah greatly increases the height she can gain as well as the speed she will be moving at. it's meant to augment her other tools and abilities, and if i had a magic wand that gave me a permanent pocket healer i would do it with almost all of her movements.

The other thing is that pharah actually can speed up her decent through the air in a few ways, conc blast, just a rocket hit above her etc... not the best ways but she can speed up her trip to the ground if your about to get blown up by an ult or something
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,737
    edited February 14
    New PTR patch (Sombra, Mei, Doomfist): https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762016092

Looks like they're trying to move Sombra from the off support firmly into the dps category.
    Now when she hacks Pharah she just falls down like a stone. Turns out learning how to rocket jump was useful after all lol
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,333
    Digging the Sombra stuff. Not sure why they nerfed her health hack ult charging. Didn't think EMP was that annoying.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,590
    Not sure what the freeze change is supposed to do. They’re stuck for an extra half second? That doesn’t do much to solve her issue with heroes jumping out of her effective range on reaction.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,992
    "Rocket jumping by shooting the ground is useful"

Right, except shooting the ground in front of you gives you no air at all and just makes you take damage, which is kind of evidence it doesn't work like that.
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 545
    Digging the Sombra stuff. Not sure why they nerfed her health hack ult charging. Didn't think EMP was that annoying.

With proper team-coordination it could set-up a wipe pretty much every minute. Unless you see her coming (which you won't) there's no way to stop EMP so you just need to use it in tandem with any other offense or Tank Ult and goodbye half of the enemy team. Good Sombras are few and far between but she can have a massive influence on the outcome of a match, hence why I'm not really a fan of her buffs because now she'll be even stronger outside of EMP. Support players will probably all main Moira at some point now because she's the only support who's not going to be totally free to Sombra.

Not sure about the rest though. Mei's buffs are probably good against Tanks because you might be able to hit them twice with secondary now while they're frozen.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,912 mod

Think it's to move her move towards damage = ultimate, and making her a more consistent DPS pick

She got EMP ridiculously fast playing an off-support health pack role, which probably limited Blizzard's ability to buff her damage/spread due to how fast she'd be pumping out EMPs.
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 12,065
    I've never had to rocket jump with Pharah. You can stay airborne the entire game by properly regulating her hover pack and jump jet cool down. Initial take off with thrusters, feather the hover pack until thrusters are back, thrusters again and don't hover until the bar is full, feather the hover pack, wash, repeat.

I'm still waiting for then to nerf moira's ult gain. She gets it insanely fast with good use of heal orb. There's ton of comp games where I had my ult in the middle of first push
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    Ok, saw some stuff on Reddit that cleared up the Mei change. Apparently the slowdown lasts an extra half second before resetting, which is somewhat useful against heroes that take a bit of slowdown then pop out. Would still rather see movement abilities locked after a certain amount of freeze is applied.
    I've never had to rocket jump with Pharah. You can stay airborne the entire game by properly regulating her hover pack and jump jet cool down. Initial take off with thrusters, feather the hover pack until thrusters are back, thrusters again and don't hover until the bar is full, feather the hover pack, wash, repeat.

I'm still waiting for then to nerf moira's ult gain. She gets it insanely fast with good use of heal orb. There's ton of comp games where I had my ult in the middle of first push

Yeah, exactly. Even though it feels like her fuel gauge decreases slightly quicker and that she falls slightly faster after the last couple of patches (though I don't think I've seen notes saying it has, so I could be imagining things), you can still stay airborne for a long time if you alternate right so that boost'll come back either by the time you're about to land, or right after you've landed on a higher up spot.

Plus, that being said, even with Pharmercy, I kind of don't know if it's really worth the 40 health. And well, it's sort of like if you need to self-damage to figure out how to get decent height with Pharah, then you've got bigger problems to worry about.
    edited February 16

Right, except shooting the ground in front of you gives you no air at all and just makes you take damage, which is kind of evidence it doesn't work like that.

yeah... but fire it directly underneath you and it will give you air... which is kind of evidence that it does work like that

but just in case you can't figure it out on your own, here is a visual guide;
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    I saw some videos of it afterwards. It was just the wording used that was off, was all.
    I saw some videos of it afterwards. It was just the wording used that was off, was all.

that's fair, considering you can't shoot in front of her and expect it to work your statement is kinda true
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,737
    edited February 16

You have to press jump as you shoot the rocket straight on your feet, it flings you upwards pretty much at the same height as a mine jump with Junkrat. The benefit is that by being above their head with a sudden and unexpected leap they will have a harder time tracking you.
    Sure it's not ideal because Pharah is designed the way it is, but it's better than being a sitting duck on the ground after being hacked - you're probably gonna die either way, but at least you might land two directs in their face before returning to spawn.
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    there is also the fact that most sombra's only come in to attack while a transponder is up to escape to, so rocket jumping onto a ledge above her so she can't hit you could be a viable escape in some instances
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken

You have to press jump as you shoot the rocket straight on your feet, it flings you upwards pretty much at the same height as a mine jump with Junkrat. The benefit is that by being above their head with a sudden and unexpected leap they will have a harder time tracking you.
    Sure it's not ideal because Pharah is designed the way it is, but it's better than being a sitting duck on the ground after being hacked - you're probably gonna die either way, but at least you might land two directs in their face before returning to spawn.

If it's something that works off of a normal jump, then sure I guess I can see it being useful if you're hacked and have no other quick way out. Other than that though....
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,127
    Well I surpassed my career high and climbed to 2714 currently. And the quality of my matches have improved. More people are in voice chat. Rarely do I get matched with brand new players. DPS can actually be relied on a bit.

And my game is way better than I was before. Adding Orisa to my hero pool and getting good with her was the game changer. Just little things from watching guides that I implemented gave me a huge edge over enemy tanks and Orisa in winning shield wars. Like using fortify to soak up some damage while moving forward before deploying shield to get the team in a good position. Occasionally stepping in front of it to soak some damhe to keep the shield up longer and give supports ult charge.

Also I learned to stop trying to lone wolf with Winston and just pick the Tank my team needs. I.E if I see a hero like Mcree or Hog on the team. I go Orisa. Or if someone already picks the barrier tank role. I pick a off tank to support that pick. Like Zarya for Rein and Winston. I need to get good with Dva and Hog though. Main thing that is hurting me now is enemy Reapers going unanswerd. I need to learn Pharah or Mcree
    Getting back into this game again; god damn Doomfist is fun. Right clicking some nerd DPS into death is one of the most satisfying experiences in OW. I've been playing a lot more FFA because I feel aim is one of my biggest weaknesses, and I've run into a strange issue with Ana: She's actually not bad, but if anyone else is shooting at the target they get the kill credit because her primary fire is DoT. I can mitigate this a bit by using melee and saving the grenade for a kill, but it gets so chaotic that I can pull a perfect sleep/grenade combo and still not get the kill because someone was shooting in that general direction. Current hero pool is looking like:
    - DPS: Doomfist, McCree, Pharah
    - Support: Torb, Symmetra, Ana, Lucio
    - Tank: Mei, Winston (if absolutely needed; I hate the current tanks in OW)

I'm getting really close to level 25 on my PC account, so I should be doing comp again soon enough

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file