Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Netflix Thread

Comments

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,520

DBFZ: 18, Hit, Gohan
    Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Akuma
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    watched the first episode of black mirror. probably not gonna continue. wtf was that shit

You talking about the pig fucker?

Yeah. I already hate pigs as is, that was just super random and gross
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,939
    First ep of Altered Carbon is brilliant, make sure you all watch it. Ryu is in it but gets the Ghost in the Shell treatment
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,254
    edited February 5
    Anyone seen the NEW cloverfield movie last night on netflix? Thoughts?

For me....
    It was direct to video crap. Good concept, poor execution, and the movie was just a letdown. Any interest it builds in that world it dashes by just not paying any of it off, and just being kinda boring. Build-up with little payoff.

And then there was that ending....wow. It cemented it's direct to video status.

First off, the monster felt incredibily shoehorned in and out of place. When it was clear this was a movie that had nothing to do with that. 10 Cloverfield lane also had largely nothing to do with the events of the first movie but still did things smarter and didn't try to force any connections, whilst still throwing us a few tidbits to keep us interested. Secondly, No adult cloverfield monster should be THAT big. It's like 14 times the size of Godzilla. An embarrassing ending to a so-so movie.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,536

For me....
    It was direct to video crap. Good concept, poor execution, and the movie was just a letdown. Any interest it builds in that world it dashes by just not paying any of it off, and just being kinda boring. Build-up with little payoff.

First off, the monster felt incredibily shoehorned in and out of place. When it was clear this was a movie that had nothing to do with that. 10 Cloverfield lane also had largely nothing to do with the events of the first movie but still did things smarter and didn't try to force any connections, whilst still throwing us a few tidbits to keep us interested. Secondly, No adult cloverfield monster should be THAT big. It's like 14 times the size of Godzilla. An embarrassing ending to a so-so movie.
    Dang it's available to watch already? I saw the trailer said very soon. Didn't realize that meant immediately. That's too bad it wasn't very good. At least the second one had John Goodman.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 665

For me....

Have to agree. It had a great premise and start but then it became every single space disaster movie.
    dn0s wrote: »

For me....

Have to agree. It had a great premise and start but then it became every single space disaster movie.

This.
    It is worth a watch since it has some good actors, and does explain the origins of the first movie.

• MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 5
    chadouken! wrote: »
    watched the first episode of black mirror. probably not gonna continue. wtf was that shit

You talking about the pig fucker?

Yeah. I already hate pigs as is, that was just super random and gross

Dude. No one should watch the first episode of Black Mirror. Didn't you read the description?
    I noped out of that until after I had finished the rest of the S1.
    I tell people, don't watch the first episode. Just skip it. Then they watch it anyway... I watched it too and I am full of regret.

Everything else is fine.

BM Episode 1 is a huge misstep and no one should watch it, even though it's a somewhat interesting short story if it was released under the right context, e.g. an annual horror short story collection.
    "A Futile and Stupid Gesture" was a fantastic docu-drama (more drama than docu) about the roots of National Lampoon.

Comedic, dramatic. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll experience a FOOD FIGHT!
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,523
    I think a good start is to watch BM is with Season 3 Ep1 Nosedive. It's a better depiction of what the series is about.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • TrunksSS3TrunksSS3 S3ntinel DestroysALL Joined: Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn0s wrote: »

For me....

Logged into Netflix last night and saw it up, was about to watch it till i saw the trailer for it .....now i am not so sure about that. why they always got to take things in outer space tho lol
    Member of -=Team Decepticons=-

PSN Gamertag - S3ntinel2001
    XBL MvC2 Gamertag - Potter2010
    U think you can stop me?..... just try to!
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 5,133
    I couldn't finish The Punisher. I made it through 9 episodes, falling asleep in episode 7 and 9. The show is just boring to me and the acting is really bad. My wife finished the last 4 episodes and said it had more action but she said it was still just alright.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 22,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Cloverfield Paradox was mediocre at best.............so overhyped.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    edited February 5
    CDB2 wrote: »
    This.
    It is worth a watch since it has some good actors, and does explain the origins of the first movie.

How does it explain the origins of the first movie?
    TrunksSS3 wrote: »
    Logged into Netflix last night and saw it up, was about to watch it till i saw the trailer for it .....now i am not so sure about that. why they always got to take things in outer space tho lol

The cloverfield Monster is from the planet Zeist.
    If you dig Black Mirror, you might like Electric Dreams on Amazon Prime. It's more of a futuristic twilight zone rather than focusing on new technology consequences.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 37,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

how was it overhyped?! lmfao we all found out an hour before it dropped.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,939
    maxx wrote: »

how was it overhyped?! lmfao we all found out an hour before it dropped.

LMAO I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Geese Pants, you best be trolling :rofl:
    Vestax wrote: »
    If you dig Black Mirror, you might like Electric Dreams on Amazon Prime. It's more of a futuristic twilight zone rather than focusing on new technology consequences.

Neat name too. A play on Dick's "Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep"

I'll have to try it out. There's not the equivalent of a pig fucker episode, right?
    So there's going to be a 4th Cloverfield movie this year, named Overlord which takes place during WW2!!

...World War 2!?
    Not 2028 like the recent movie, not in 2008 when the original took place, nor in 2010 as the 2nd one did...

WORLD WAR 2!!!

tenor.gif

*sigh* I don't even know about this franchise!!

edited February 6
    Someone here mentioned "Black Mirror" on Netflix. And when browsing i picked out a random episode called.... U.S.S. Callister....

Wow. I Recommend it.... if you want to watch something f'ed up.

Edit: Also Matt Damon....damn. He's not aging too well. Looks like he'd had some work done also.

Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 5,133
    Not sure if serious about Matt Damon comment or not...

That's fake Matt Damon, aka Todd from Breaking Bad.
    MCP wrote: »
    Vestax wrote: »

Neat name too. A play on Dick's "Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep"

I'll have to try it out. There's not the equivalent of a pig fucker episode, right?

I'm only 5 episodes in but nothing as twisted like pig fucker. Seriously, the rest of Black Mirror isn't as fucked up and I've seen them all.

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,695

For me....

Wait you aint talking about 10 Cloverlane? cause that was some grade A bullshit. The sequel was meant to touch on how the monster was a kid, and it should be all grown up for round 2 and we all get murked.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just came in to shit on Paradox.

WOW, was that awful. The worst part was the inconsistency. So if energy was such an issue within that universe, why was that not mentioned in Cloverfield 1? More importantly, if countries were at the brink of war right when the monsters appear why was the dude going to work in Japan? Wouldn't you stay put?

It's just a world of bullshit.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The police chick having fake tits bummed me out.
    Just finished Paradox and sadly it's as shit as everybody makes out, no titanic monsters just a bunch of scientity peeps acting like nothing you would expect. I don't get the need to push exaggerated human drama down our throats when we only tuning in to see some Alien Godzilla wreck shit. Like non of the story made sense either. Surely a crisis like that would have at least warranted a lunar base or maybe even just more than a handful of dudes and a token chinese chick.

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That "token Chinese chick" was the always sexy Zhang Ziyi. I haven't seen her in a movie since she got married all those years ago.

But yeah, Paradox was so silly. It tanked the entire series for me.
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    Just came in to shit on Paradox.

WOW, was that awful. The worst part was the inconsistency. So if energy was such an issue within that universe, why was that not mentioned in Cloverfield 1? More importantly, if countries were at the brink of war right when the monsters appear why was the dude going to work in Japan? Wouldn't you stay put?

It's just a world of bullshit.

By the sounds of it, it would make more sense it being a sequel to 10 Cloverfield Lane
    edited February 10
    That "token Chinese chick" was the always sexy Zhang Ziyi. I haven't seen her in a movie since she got married all those years ago.

But yeah, Paradox was so silly. It tanked the entire series for me.

I wouldn't say it "tanked the entire series". Every Alien movie has been garbage since part 2 but, the first two are still held in high regard. The first two Cloverfield movies are still great.

Paradox is definitely forgettable crap though. Speaking of the Alien series, with the release of Paradox, we have yet another promising trilogy that was going strong until the 3rd movie showed up and wrecked everything.

That "token Chinese chick" was the always sexy Zhang Ziyi.

Well duh everybody knows that lol, as soon as she showed up I was like' oh shit' its the Geisha! Not counting her most famous role, to us, is crouching dragon hidden penis. Hell, at best it was a nostalgic cameo cause the rest of the movie was grade A bullshit. Hell, the scenes on earth i recently learned, were reshot cause test audiences actually asked for monsters, they did not give the slightest of fucks of what went on on the station, both of the good scenes were made after the movie was wrapped up lol.

On a different note, catching up with Alterned Carbon, show is really decent, fuck Yaya Han and her twitter storm, this movie is really some good cyber punk.

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,318
    Watched The Ritual 2017 today, went in with no high expectations and I was rly surprised by how good this movie was.
    The pace at how the tense was building up was paced rly well.
    No cheap jump scares, just the overall movie atmosphere made this so creepy and scary to watch.
    I highly recommend this movie to any horror fan.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG He use fly and dig wtf whos pokemans is dis? Joined: Posts: 911
    crucades wrote: »
    On a different note, catching up with Alterned Carbon, show is really decent, fuck Yaya Han and her twitter storm, this movie is really some good cyber punk.

I don't have a twitter, nor do I want one. Whatever she says is free traction for the show. These struggle issues are a means to an end, presumingly, to get a more diverse viewership demographic. It's lazy but it's probably working.

The resolution in Altered Carbon was worth it, to say the least. The quote at the end was a simple but poetic touch. I wish they did more with the AI Hotel guy. He's easily the most compelling character.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,094
    Finished Altered Carbon last night. It was enjoyable, but it was mostly because of the world/setting, and not necessarily the plot as I thought it was kind of weak.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 37,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i dont care how fuckin shitty this series ends up being. im fuckin in

FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file