Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

1175176177178179181»

Comments

  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 93
    So I contacted this guy who was going to sell his mad catz stick to me.
    I asked him for pics, he said he didn't have them rn, so I told him I could wait for him to send them.
    That was 2 weeks ago, he hasn't even seen my message yet. Should I talk to him asking if he wants to sell it or should I just move on and find someone else?. I don't want to bother him too much lmao, im just interested in the stick, that's it.
  • ylnahnylnahn Joined: Posts: 10
    Does anyone know what this type of mounting screw is called, and how to remove it?

    https://imgur.com/a/PsTPW
  • sunny84sunny84 Joined: Posts: 49
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    So I contacted this guy who was going to sell his mad catz stick to me.
    I asked him for pics, he said he didn't have them rn, so I told him I could wait for him to send them.
    That was 2 weeks ago, he hasn't even seen my message yet. Should I talk to him asking if he wants to sell it or should I just move on and find someone else?. I don't want to bother him too much lmao, im just interested in the stick, that's it.

    probably best to start looking elsewhere....next thing you know he takes 3 months to ship it out to you.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    edited February 13
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    So I contacted this guy who was going to sell his mad catz stick to me.
    I asked him for pics, he said he didn't have them rn, so I told him I could wait for him to send them.
    That was 2 weeks ago, he hasn't even seen my message yet. Should I talk to him asking if he wants to sell it or should I just move on and find someone else?. I don't want to bother him too much lmao, im just interested in the stick, that's it.

    Please tell me money did not exchange hands yet
    ylnahn wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this type of mounting screw is called, and how to remove it?

    https://imgur.com/a/PsTPW
    There so many different styles of threaded metal bushings and metal sleeves, i don't know where to even look for you.

    As for removal?
    It was inserted with a hydraulic press, nothing short of the same tools and procedures can remove it out.
    Unless you want to take a extreme destructive measures
    A drill or dremel at it with a metal cutting bit and possibly destroy any chance of returning it back to how it was.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ylnahnylnahn Joined: Posts: 10
    @Darksakul The case maker got back to me and said he used a drill press to push it through, and that I might be able to drill it back out. These guys aren't countersunk so when I screw in the metal button panel it's not flushed with the case top :s I'm kinda OCD about these things unfortunately.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    I have two cases with the exact same scenario. It’s not that big of a deal—I’d rather there be a small gap than panels flapping about. At first it bothered me, and now I don’t even notice. Reserve your OCDness for relevance, not spontaneity
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    ylnahn wrote: »
    @Darksakul The case maker got back to me and said he used a drill press to push it through, and that I might be able to drill it back out. These guys aren't countersunk so when I screw in the metal button panel it's not flushed with the case top :s I'm kinda OCD about these things unfortunately.

    I guess if he used a drill press (which is the wrong way of doing it) you could try to knock it out with a Punch and Hammer
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ylnahnylnahn Joined: Posts: 10
    @jopamo Allfightstick right? Love their cases. I might just have to live with how it is and not let it bother me.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 93
    Darksakul wrote: »

    Please tell me money did not exchange hands yet.

    We didn't lol, don't worry, I just asked for pics, he never sent them. So I just want to know if it's reckless to send him a message asking if he is still interested in selling the stick lol.
    I'd create a thread here on srk but that would be my last choice, since I don't want to get through costumes, and international shipping and stuff like that.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    @ShiroZX I'm perplexed at why you need external validation for something so trivial and obvious. It's really kind of scary.

    @ylnahn here are my allfightstick cases with the gaps:
    cZJfsWwl.jpg
    NWrsgNRl.jpg
    Yes, it looks kind of crappy at first...but like I said...you get used to it.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 93
    jopamo wrote: »
    @ShiroZX I'm perplexed at why you need external validation for something so trivial and obvious. It's really kind of scary.

    Sorry, im insecure asf.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    People who are legit and want to sell their stuff will properly comply with requests. If they don’t, you don’t want their shit. Headaches hurt. Avoid them
  • ylnahnylnahn Joined: Posts: 10
    Nice sticks :) @jomapo
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 150
    Will a Seimitsu LS-56-01 Joystick with MS Plate install into a TE2+ without modification?
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    blankaex wrote: »
    Will a Seimitsu LS-56-01 Joystick with MS Plate install into a TE2+ without modification?

    Yes it install fine, but I recommend a S-plate instead as you get the full height of the joystick.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 93
    Fightstick maintenance:
    How and what do you use to clean your fightstick and keep it clean/safe?. I've seen ppl saying "smoke free" or stuff like that. What does that means? That includes interior and exterior, dust, scratches, buttons, joystick, etc, any other dirt that the stick can pick up, and if a very dirty and dusty stick can stop working??.
    Specially those that don't have a plexi.
    Same goes for the box.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,099
    Anybody know of any diagrams for making a PS360+ to NES cable? Preferably RJ45 to NES, but USB to NES will do if that's all there is.
Sign In or Register to comment.