Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

1877878879880881883»

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,438
    Still alive everyone... I swear. Things have been super hectic with a number of projects I have been working on amidst turning over as well as prepping to move to Japan. Packing up your life (again) and having to decide what is coming with you and what is going into storage stinks. An entire room has been devoted to boxed arcade sticks that are going to storage :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,621
    @Jasen Hicks
    Is the move to Japan "permanent"? I use quotes because I believe that no move is really ever truly permanent in itself; so I guess my question is if, as of this moment, there are a foreseeable move back to this side of the Pacific in the near future?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • mikeoharamikeohara V.S.O.P.C. Joined: Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Almost have the office cleaned up; and I'm about to tear down my PC to prep for the temp move to my mom's place while our new house is being worked on. If I knew it wouldn't take a couple of hours and my connection wasn't ass right now, I'd buy DBFZ without thinking and practice while I'm on limited internet.
    @Jasen Hicks
    Is the move to Japan "permanent"? I use quotes because I believe that no move is really ever truly permanent in itself; so I guess my question is if, as of this moment, there are a foreseeable move back to this side of the Pacific in the near future?

I’ll be there for at least 3 years. More if the opportunity allows and I’m not ready to come back.

2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    @Jasen Hicks

I’ll be there for at least 3 years. More if the opportunity allows and I’m not ready to come back.
    Nice. When is the actual move happening? And to what city/general area?
    Mainly asking because there's a possibility of me dropping in for a very short visit to Tokyo possibly in the May/June timeframe; the chance eluded me of meeting up with you in San Fran when we were both there in October, I'll definitely try to arrange meeting up for you for at least a drink if we're in the same general area halfway across the world. :D
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    I’ll be in yokosuka, starting in april. It’s about an hour train ride to Tokyo which I am very familiar with :-)

• dela04dela04 Joined: Posts: 29
    I’ll be in yokosuka, starting in april. It’s about an hour train ride to Tokyo which I am very familiar with :-)

I grew up in Yokosuka. I'd love an opportunity to go back to Yokosuka.
    Top three places to be on Yokosuka Naval Base:
    1. Fleet Gym
    2. Benny Decker Theater
    3. Bowling Alley Cafeteria
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    Almost done with my NES to PC Engine Controller mod
    I just waiting on the controller cable from Console 5.

Should I make a thread about it or just post the findings here?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,047
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Almost done with my NES to PC Engine Controller mod
    I just waiting on the controller cable from Console 5.

Should I make a thread about it or just post the findings here?

Make the thread dude.

I ain't technical for shit but I love reading mod logs just to convince myself I'm on the level.

I'm sure there's m ore lurkers like me
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    edited February 7
    Next project:
    Soon...

For the ignorant (or uninitiated): what is this?

• The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 231
    jopamo wrote: »
    Next project:
    Soon...

3D printed Madcatz TE2/TE2+ bezel.
  • bafiaris13bafiaris13 strava tsibukia Joined: Posts: 545
    Im so glad this place is still here and happy to see so many old and new member posting and helping people the same way.

KOI..
    Next project:
    Soon...

3D printed Madcatz TE2/TE2+ bezel.

Thought so. I look forward to seeing a proto

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    HEY PEOPLE,

STOP SENDING PEOPLE TO ME TO BE ADDED TO THE DISCORD SERVER.

If you are already on Discord, and you are listed as a Supporting member
    You can generate your own one time use Links to invite people onboard.

Thank you.
    Can we send people to you for other "services" then? :D

Looking for:
    Can we send people to you for other "services" then? :D

Na, you can take the clientele
    Man the 6 button pad that comes with the PC Engine Duo RX Sucks.
    I can hardly do Quarter circle motions on the pad, and the Start button isn't too responsive
    edited February 10
    Yeah. The Hori Fighting CommanderPC and Avenue Pad 6 might not look as pretty, but their d-pads are definitely better. The d-pad shouldn’t be that terrible though. Have you disassembled and cleaned?

I got another white Saturn pad from Japan last month which looked great on the outside, but the inside of the D-pad area was vomit-inducing
    Yeah. The Hori Fighting CommanderPC and Avenue Pad 6 might not look as pretty, but their d-pads are definitely better. The d-pad shouldn’t be that terrible though. Have you disassembled and cleaned?

I got another white Saturn pad from Japan last month which looked great on the outside, but the inside of the D-pad area was vomit-inducing

Not yet, I just got the thing and I decide to test it out on Castlevania and Street Fighter II
  • sikwiditsikwidit Joined: Posts: 2,035
    edited February 12
    Hello all

I have a quick question about diodes if you don't mind. I am currently modding a hori mini wired gaming pad and all is going well. Ps4 works just fine but in xbox mode it isn't recognized and all buttons are held so from what I have already gathered I am gonna need diodes.

I currently have my setup wired as such

Buttons wired to front of ps4 pad then on the back side of the ps4 pad i have wires going to the xbox one pad

Can I simply wire the diodes in like this

Buttons to diode then diode to front of the ps4 pad and then back of the ps4 pad wired to xbox one pad

Or do I have to wire them as I am currently assuming which is having the ps4 pad last so

Buttons to front of xbox pad and from back of the xbox wire to diodes to ps4 pad.

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: found my answer
    Post edited by sikwidit on
    edited February 12
    So, in the time since my last post; I was offered two jobs. One locally working collections for a small agency; and the other is the government contract (preliminary background check came back clean), I took the government contract one because it pays more as a base; and I get government benefits on top of it. However; I don't start until the 26th and I'm working days 7am - 4pm during training (night shift training was until 2am; starting at 5pm but my wife works until 8pm Mon-Thurs and 6pm Fridays). Gonna get bodied every day by getting up at 4:30am and going to bed at 6pm. Whether or not I get the job permanently is gonna depend on the results on the e-QIP check the govt has to do to clear me in order to do my job. So, for the next 30 days at least starting the 26th; I do have a job.

I also have an appointment on Tuesday to look at a potential residence to move into.
    Post edited by mikeohara on

Took the pad apart and gave it a thorough cleaning, Star button works better and everything more responsive. But the D-pad is still god awful, not Xbox 360 d-pad awful but its not good for quarter circles.
    edited February 14
    work stuff is getting real. I went and did my drug test today; and next week I go to have my PIV made to start on the 26th. I have decided for now to commute from my mom's house to work until the e-QIP comes back and I get cleared or turned down based on stuff. Once/If it clears; I'll move closer to work; but for now I'm gonna do my thing and have fun with this job while I have it.
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,047
    I was disappointed that street fighter 30th anniversary was not being released on ps3, not like it's a hardware intensive game.
    Having to buy a next gen console for 20 year old games is taking the piss.

But after upgrading my ps3 hdd to 1TB and downloading everything in my download list, I notice that I have PSOne Classic versions of SFA 1, 2, and 3. As well as PSOne Classic versions of SF 2, SF 2 CE and SF 2 HF.
    So together with the PSN HD remix and 3rd Strike on my PS3 I have already got majority of the collection.

I'm just missing SF1, SSF2, the first two SF3 iterations and online function in Alpha and Hyper Fighting.

Looks like im still not going next gen.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 888
    edited February 14
    My bunny chewed my stick's cable. Gonna have to repair it now. Lucky I had a spare.

Already so busy...fml.
    @anzhar the game will be on Steam. No need for next gen.
    I'm gonna start the process of upgrading my tech toolkit probably in the next month or so after the stuff clears. I've been using two separate USB thumbdrives for Windows and important programs and all that. Looks like a trip into Dallas to Micro Center is in my future; because each of those thumbdrives is 16gb; and I was thinking of getting either a 128gb drive or going for broke and getting either a 256gb or 512gb thumbdrive and loading stuff like DBAN, a universal Windows install image (with updated drivers and copies of Arcade Edition/Tekken 7 already installed), and the programs/games.
    Crud.

So back in 2011 when I started building Japanese-style sticks (with my Sylvia- and Neptune-sticks), I went to a local plastics factory and bought a large sheet (4' x 8') of 1/16" plexiglass.
    I finally ran out of that sheet a few months ago, so yesterday, I went out to the same plastics factory to buy some more, and got another sheet of the same size.

Unfortunately, I realized today after starting to work on it that the previous sheet I got in 2011 was polycarbonate/Lexan, while the sheet I got yesterday was acrylic (I simply asked for "plexiglass" both times).
    I got used to the flexibility of polycarbonate, and still trying to figure out how to do the same work in acrylic, since their physical properties are obviously very different...

Looking for:
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 2,031
    anzhar wrote: »
    I was disappointed that street fighter 30th anniversary was not being released on ps3, not like it's a hardware intensive game.
    Having to buy a next gen console for 20 year old games is taking the piss.

But after upgrading my ps3 hdd to 1TB and downloading everything in my download list, I notice that I have PSOne Classic versions of SFA 1, 2, and 3. As well as PSOne Classic versions of SF 2, SF 2 CE and SF 2 HF.
    So together with the PSN HD remix and 3rd Strike on my PS3 I have already got majority of the collection.

I'm just missing SF1, SSF2, the first two SF3 iterations and online function in Alpha and Hyper Fighting.

Looks like im still not going next gen.

Nice...

Online play is the biggest draw for me, honestly. I still have my copy of SFA:A, which I love (and is one reason I'm still thinking about getting a BC PS3 for cheap one day). Would probably rather of had a HD version of an Alpha game, but the collection works fine.
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat