Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

American Government Thread 2: State of The Memo

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    *Gets the popcorn machine*
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Finally the Electric Oompa Loompa gets a command grab! Joined: Posts: 2,266
    buying in to radical leftist mob. Sad

Preach Brother! Tired of these leftist liberal fools who listen to mainstream fake media.

Fucking truly historic! Trump has turned around a failing economy in under a year... 8 years of garbage and now we are all winning.

Obama is like SF4 and Trump is like year one of SF5 which we all know was the best game ever.

Yes America does fucking suck right now but NOPE I ain't fucking leaving either!!
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 4,015
    edited February 13
    I'm interested to see all these new whips with this annual $1K bonus most Americans got.

Meanwhile

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373434-trump-proposes-eliminating-federal-funding-for-pbs-npr
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,527
    edited February 13
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    Good video showing how the media distorts the truth

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    buying in to radical leftist mob. Sad

Preach Brother! Tired of these leftist liberal fools who listen to mainstream fake media.

Fucking truly historic! Trump has turned around a failing economy in under a year... 8 years of garbage and now we are all winning.

Obama is like SF4 and Trump is like year one of SF5 which we all know was the best game ever.

Yes America does fucking suck right now but NOPE I ain't fucking leaving either!!

George W. Bush is Third Strike & Bill Clinton is Super Turbo!!!
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,362
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,592
    Rumour is the shooter was a Cuban former student. Just a rumour far as I can tell.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 14
    I'm looking at videos of the shooting and one of them has children in a class hiding and the shooter is busting shots in another room and the kids hiding start to scream when they hear the gun shots

Man if I was in a room hiding with people from a shooter I would now tell them to " STFU if you hear gun shots cause if he hears you screaming he coming in here you idiots !! "
    Post edited by Shin_Jr on
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 14
    double post delete this
    Post edited by Shin_Jr on
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article200094039.html

Someone pulled the fire alarm. Teachers say the guy was already a potential threat in the past.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Should have just killed her like other politicians have to others in the past. At this point I want to hear it all. Trumo should just not bother to save face and say "yeah I fu ked her...so what? Yeah I'm not an upstanding Christian and I shouldn't have tried to pretend I am one" but he won't
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Finally the Electric Oompa Loompa gets a command grab! Joined: Posts: 2,266
    edited February 15

So InfoWars going to call this one a hoax too?

I want to put this into perspective as I am a person who thinks guns are ok for recreation but people being brainwashed to think guns are being taken away Democrats is fucking getting old and ridiculous. Turning the 2nd amendment into politics for the NRA to get money is getting people killed daily.

This is the gun used today...

1200px-AR-15_Sporter_SP1_Carbine.JPG
    Virginia Tech was committed with handguns, but you're scared of an AR.

Since when do we care about what InfoWars thinks?

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice to see America still hasn't learned their lesson.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Pretty much no solution, tbh. School had armed guards and it was probably a gun free zone.

Dude was known to be a threat, but people didn't tell the cops. Even if the Government voted for gun control, they're too incompetent to institute it, as evidenced by the church massacre last year.

More guns hasn't worked, less guns hasn't worked. Time to start focusing on the "why" of these events.

/back to vacation

Wasted wrote: »
    Virginia Tech was committed with handguns, but you're scared of an AR.

Since when do we care about what InfoWars thinks?

THIS !!!

And this
    Pretty much no solution, tbh. School had armed guards and it was probably a gun free zone.

Dude was known to be a threat, but people didn't tell the cops. Even if the Government voted for gun control, they're too incompetent to institute it, as evidenced by the church massacre last year.

More guns hasn't worked, less guns hasn't worked. Time to start focusing on the "why" of these events.

/back to vacation

Now shudda up about Gun control
    edited February 15
    Hoax would be the wrong word. I think they see it as a means to push the agenda of banning weapons and more security throughout the nation. We've had a lot of incidents this past year.

Fucked us as it is its going to keep getting worse.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    This is the style of gun that keep appearing in most shootings 8 out of 10 times, a Hand Gun.

rugerredhawk_45auto_45colt.png
    60950.jpg
    Obvious exceptions to this has been the Vegas and Recent Miami club shootings.

But this is the Gun thats gets all the blame
    2-krdm22-cgr00_1.tif&wid=575&cvt=jpeg

Plus the laws we already have is poorly enforced and no uniformity from state to state.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 5,015
    I know this is probably case of too soon, but goddamn (hence spoilered for safety's sake).
    yJz4ms2.jpg

That comic originally appeared the day after the Las Vegas shooting happened. Hits you straight in the soul (for those that have one).
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,543 admin
    edited February 15
    In theory you can attack the problem from multiple angles, including working on limiting access to "that gun", but not excluding other options including better social services, less economic disparity, better mental health coverage, better health coverage, and whatnot. There's a reason why The Wire was an interesting show, and I don't think it was about any quick answers to anything.

Thoughts and prayers.

i film things

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,364
    edited February 15
    I'm just confused with how his social media is filled with guns, knives and shit but we couldn't do something to preemptivly to stop this shooting?

How many times have people been able to see the signs of someone going postal and we legit can't do anything until it's too late?

Gun control ain't the issue at this point.
    Post edited by Eskills on
    I do believe tat I r teh King.

Well that didn't take long.

To answer to the stupid questions asked above. The answer is fucking yes it matters what InfoWars says and not because they matter or are real BUT because its like a fucking STD or major plaque outbreak. They are patient X. See it only takes 1 person who lives in the bubble of stupidity to move that along and it just spreads. Its why Faux is just InfoWars will no product sales because they are indirectly influenced by them, like so much that they hire people who started on that garbage.

See crap like that above mixed with crap like this is why some people in this thread are all but brainwashed morons at best.

My last few pages of comments was me taking a character that I played for a over a week. I was told by someone I was a "liberal" to far left who only gets my news from fake places when I was able to all but shut down all of his points with real counterpoints. So I said fine for 10 days Ill live in your shoes and just bite no matter what and not fact check anything and act like Trump is a god. Its easy to live in the bubble.
    I basically haven't been here for the last 10 days. I don't care about who you want to role play as in your little fantasies.

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,477
    These shootings will keep happening until certain people (or a certain amount) get shot by a mass shooter.

It's obvious that dead kids aren't enough to get Politicians to address this problem.
    Gravity wrote: »
    These shootings will keep happening until certain people (or a certain amount) get shot by a mass shooter.

It's obvious that dead kids aren't enough to get Politicians to address this problem.

The Republicans will say something about their rights being threaten and the Democrats are too disingenuous to actually take any real action, just blow smoke up people's ass.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 15
    America - mass shootings.. what else is new? We will have a number of them in this year after this one. why? Because shooting shit and causing all forms of terrorism (whether in different countries or in it's own soil) is pure american culture.

This whole country is birthed from war/terrorism and this country also has the audacity to point other countries as terrorists, regardless of being the country who wins in the most invasions, bombings and mass shootings.

Fuck america, The biggest terrorist nation in the world. The only country in the world in where you will hear more than 15 school shootings in a year (infact, 15 in a year is fucking progress).
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,299
    It's a mental health issue for sure. But the ubiquity and accessibility of firearms aren't helping...
    I'm making a fighting game! http://gravitybreakers.com/
    SRK thread - Discord server.
    edited February 15
    It's a mental health issue for sure. But the ubiquity and accessibility of firearms aren't helping...

It's a firearm issue because we are talking about Americans. Americans have been to gun obsessed ever since it became a nation. It's taking their love away, that's it.

The people who are against gun control due to the reasoning of "well, it's not going to change anything" need to look at this the right way. The whole "banning of guns" isn't just for the sake of dropping shooting % but increasing survival rates. You think a guy going all melee can just walk in a school and have the same success rate as a man with a gun? It's easier to fight or gtfa from an american with melee weapons than a gun.

Second, the banning of guns is all because of the love americans have for guns that is why we have people (as seen) here who oppose gun control, americans do not want to let go of their favorite toy.

Part of American culture (no matter what color) is to love terrorism and causing terrorism... and sure, you can make excuses that "shootings will still happen even w/o a gun? but at least people have a better survival rate when some random american wants to be a real american.
    Eskills wrote: »
    I'm just confused with how his social media is filled with guns, knives and shit but we couldn't do something to preemptivly to stop this shooting?

How many times have people been able to see the signs of someone going postal and we legit can't do anything until it's too late?

Gun control ain't the issue at this point.

no one cared enough to get him help and kids aren't taught still how to help their fellow kid by speaking up. Add to that parents/teachers that again aren't speaking up. The interviews with kids kinda mentioned this. They knew and no one did anything. We're more reactive than proactive.
    Well.. it does cost a shit load of money to get "help".
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 5,015
    edited February 15
    I thought I read parents are going to start being charged in theses cases of school shootings should the gun come from home? At least it was/is being considered With prison time for parents if the gun is found to come from home. Can't remember where though.

Some guy shot up a Republican baseball practice, if I recall.

Politicians have already been in the firing line before and nothing changed.

If they start getting lit up on a regular basis...there's a possibility.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file