Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Video Game General 5.0: HEROES NEVER DIE...for a price!

Comments

• SonicabidSonicabid You're a disease, and I'm the cure. Joined: Posts: 12,501
    Awwwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiet just got my tax return slips. You know what that means? That means many a pickup post in the near future. That is if I get back what I expect to get back. :cool:

I'm glad I played a few games of Killing Floor 2 earlier. I finally managed to get the trophy where you need to clear a game of survival on the hardest difficulty, which is way harder than it sounds. I made quite a few attempts with randoms once I hit level 25 with my Support character, but the best I ever managed to do was get into games where we'd get the boss to about ~30% before we'd all get rekt until tonight, where I was in a balanced team that consisted of a Support class(me) a Berserker that was soaking up all of the damage with a Field Medic healing him and me, as well as another Support class. I forgot who the last class was, but either way, I got ze plat. :tup:
    WErBwf7.jpg

Part of the 1.2%. :cool:
    Yakuza 6 day juan.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,944
    blueleon wrote: »

Bruh I could go on for days about the bullshit I witness... This is how the conversation went:
    Customer: Do you have this item? *Pulls out printout of Wal-Mart item*
    Me: No, we don't sell that here.
    Customer: Why not? It's right here.
    Me: *Looks at paper* Oh, that's for Wal-Mart, not Best Buy.
    Customer: So? If they sell it, why don't you?
    Me: Umm... That's not how it works.
    Customer: No, that is how it works.
    Me: Lol... Ok. That section is that way. Go see if you find it then.
    Wth? Make a move of going to the stock storage unit. Pretend at least you're looking.

Why pretend? We don't sell it. You're not gonna waste your time and mine.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,050
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,345
    Mr Lee is the heroe we dont deserve but need right now.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,577
    Crossing Souls - Launch Trailer

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - BTS Part 3 Mastering the Music

Sprint Vector - Launch Trailer

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - Launch Trailer
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Sea of Thieves Will Add Microtransactions around 3 months after release
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/sea-of-thieves-will-add-microtransactions-around-3-months-after-release-2

for cosmetic items only

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 gets Black Panther DLC
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/lego-marvel-super-heroes-2-black-panther-dlc-revealed

Bandai Namco will be 'aggressively' creating new and original IPs
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/bandai-namco-to-aggressively-create-original-ip

High Enough

De Blob coming to Switch
    http://www.allgamesdelta.net/2018/02/de-blob-announced-for-switch-coming-in.html

Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 - UK Launch Trailer

Devil May Cry HD Collection - Gameplay Trailer
    High Enough

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,345
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonichuman wrote: »

Pppllleeeaaassseee
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    appo wrote: »

Can't seem to change controls and for some reason it runs super fast. Can't even gloss over the character select because the timer hits 0 before you can blink.

Gonna uninstall if there's no fix.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,944

It's gonna be a good year.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,376

I hope this is true. I never played the original Spyro games.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,290
    From ubisoft's recently published press release about the company's plans going forward

CbxoQFE.png

^ this is what is gonna destroy the Triple A grade industry
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,416
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    this is what is gonna destroy the Triple A grade industry

say it enough times and eventually it'll become true i guess, they're not even hurting.

• AkhosAkhos Joined: Posts: 23,409
    edited February 13
    Chiro wrote: »

say it enough times and eventually it'll become true i guess, they're not even hurting.

Less destroy their income and more hurt our experience
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 13
    appo wrote: »

Can't seem to change controls and for some reason it runs super fast. Can't even gloss over the character select because the timer hits 0 before you can blink.

Gonna uninstall if there's no fix.

I fixed the speed issue by having to add the game to my graphics driver profiles and forcing vsync for it.

But the control setup is not to my liking, even on a gamepad. Both D-Input and X-Input on my Logitech F310 (X-Box type controller) have the attack buttons mapped with the strong attacks at X and Y and the weak attacks at A and B. And not having the option to change them is fucking dumb. Odds are you'd have to both force vsync in your graphic driver for this game and use a keyboard mapper for a gamepad.

I can see why this shit ended up being free.

Edit: Uninstalled. I can just play this on MAME or Fightcade.
    Post edited by ThePurpleBunny on
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,416
    Akhos wrote: »
    Chiro wrote: »

Less destroy their income and more hurt our experience

Siege is basically the model they're talking about and its my favorite shooter of this generation.
    Rampage movie - trailer 2
    High Enough

• RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 91
    Where the fuck is Sega with this?

267616-streets-of-rage-2-concept-art.jpg

Get all the old stuff they have, add some new stuff, even keep that 80's anime style and let Arksys make that shit and have Yuzo do the music redbook. All their follies would be forgiven.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 10,030
    "DMC HD collection trailer". I dunno what to think, but I guess it's not bad if you missed them on the PSTriple.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Passing Bystander Joined: Posts: 150
    edited February 14
    I bet Spyro RE Trilogy will have the same conditions as Crash RE Trilogy:
    1. Start out to be released ON PS4 at $40 as usual + Discounts around certain events
    2. FREE First Week DLC before becoming paid
    3. Will be ported Switch & PC on certain future year soon

Yet speaking of Activision on reviving Spyro Trilogy, still no news on when Activision & Marvel patching Marvel Ultimate Alliance RE 3rd time to fix other bug/“glitch” problems (some gameplay file errors still the same previous port’s latest update (mostly MUA1 on its GE update), & PC ver. still missing other light effect settings that can be turned on/off & broken control UIs (such as the keyboard config on certain buttons), incl. in-game controller config from OR MUA1 PC), including missing MUA1’s PSP/unused Wii exclusives. Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2, & Ant-Man & the Wasp promo ads should be a perfect time for MUARE (along the announcement of MvCI Season 2) to get up to date
    Post edited by LarsMasters on
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.

https://larsmasters.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165

It's gonna be a good year.

Especially year of the dragon

I'll see myself out
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    Leon63 wrote: »
    "DMC HD collection trailer". I dunno what to think, but I guess it's not bad if you missed them on the PSTriple.

Same we think about the Bayonetta collection trailer
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • SonicabidSonicabid You're a disease, and I'm the cure. Joined: Posts: 12,501
    Do you guys enjoy this generation more or did you enjoy last-gen more? There are rumors floating around that the PS5 will release in 2020 and that sounds believable to me. Thing is, I still feel like this gen has barely started.

I like last-gen a hell of a lot more than this one so far. Way more action games including FOUR Ninja Gaiden games, DMC4, Bayo, and a bunch of others like Splatterhouse and The Force Unleashed II. There are almost no new action games this gen outside of some re-releases. Outside of DOOM and Wolfenstein I enjoyed last-gens FPS games more as well, especially the multiplayer. Killzone 2 AKA Thrillzone 2 and Section 8: Prejudice were amazing, amazing games for MP. There were a ton more third-person shooters last-gen too, from the Dead to Rights reimagining, to Max Payne 3 and Vanquish and a hell of a lot more. Way more arcade racers too.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because my favorite genres were better represented last-gen but when I compare this gens library to last-gens as a whole I don't think so.
    Yakuza 6 day juan.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Next new gen can slow down. Let everyone get into 4k more before going forward. Still a lot to do this gen. This gen so far is going well but still so much more to push and do.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 91
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    Do you guys enjoy this generation more or did you enjoy last-gen more? There are rumors floating around that the PS5 will release in 2020 and that sounds believable to me. Thing is, I still feel like this gen has barely started.

I like last-gen a hell of a lot more than this one so far. Way more action games including FOUR Ninja Gaiden games, DMC4, Bayo, and a bunch of others like Splatterhouse and The Force Unleashed II. There are almost no new action games this gen outside of some re-releases. Outside of DOOM and Wolfenstein I enjoyed last-gens FPS games more as well, especially the multiplayer. Killzone 2 AKA Thrillzone 2 and Section 8: Prejudice were amazing, amazing games for MP. There were a ton more third-person shooters last-gen too, from the Dead to Rights reimagining, to Max Payne 3 and Vanquish and a hell of a lot more. Way more arcade racers too.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because my favorite genres were better represented last-gen but when I compare this gens library to last-gens as a whole I don't think so.

This gen started with way too many remakes of last gen, and really when it comes to consoles, we knew they were coming in underpowered at the time. It took until 2015-2016 for this to even begin feeling like a seperate gen from last. Last gen can also do most of the fidelity this gen offers. They literally had to make a .5 gen to move forward. Last gen, the earilest games looked way better than PS2/XBOX games, minus a few early PS3 ports of games. But even Fight Night 3 was pretty early and those graphics weren't happening on PS2.

Game wise, I do have more favorites last gen as well. Way more. This gen is okay, but 2 of my heavily played games, were GTA Online and Skyrim, which are enhanced last gen games as well. As I posted, I thought last year was dry as fuck, except Tekken and Horizon. And even though I buy a lot of fighters, I don't even end up putting the time in them, so Tekken has barely been played.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    From ubisoft's recently published press release about the company's plans going forward

^ this is what is gonna destroy the Triple A grade industry
    If Ubisoft would get rid of stupid fucking Uplay I might consider buying one of their games on STEAM.

Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like These... Joined: Posts: 12,604
    My review of Sonic Mania. Glad it's finally out of the way, give it a watch if you've got five minutes. Working on a DBFZ one next. :tup:

"Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    THQ Nordic buys Koch Media
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/14/thq-nordic-buys-saints-row-metro-dead-island-owner-koch-media?read

Bonus
    Videogamedunkey - Shadow of the Colossus

Semi serious
    High Enough

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 14
    Sonicabid wrote: »

This reminds me of an odd thing I've noticed with most people....they don't or won't recognize greatness WHILE it is going on for some reason...like they need time to reflect, I guess... at least in my opinion, I don't think it's necessary to wait until years have passed by to say "y'know what? that was the best time..." or best whatever. There's others who are basically slaves to nostalgia as well...so they would never see anything being better than the SNES/Genesis era or the "Regular NES" 8-bit era.... which seems a bit silly to me... it's like the movie buffs out there that think nothing past the late '70s can be considered great or even worth of a "Greatest ___ of All Time" ranking. For me, it's going to be tough for things to top what was going on in the 360/PS3 era, and I was of that opinion while the shit was going on. I was having way more fun in that "era" compared to even the legendary 16-bit days (the previous champ). This gen still hasn't done it yet for sure...there's a couple of great things and that's it. Sheeeeit, last gen was the debut of my honey Bayonetta & Jeanne. That alone is huge.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah. The PS3 era was pretty damn good to me. It took a couple years after the PS4 launched before I even THOUGHT about getting one.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,674
    Likewise. I've been slow to get new consoles as they hit since the turn of the millennium, actually; there needs to be a very special game to draw me in.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file