Dragon Ball FighterZ General: DBZ Subforum Edition

Comments

• grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 13
    Post edited by grandabx on
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,916
    Theres no better point than cell rn. Also vegeta is a good assist but considering how long cooldowns are, vegeta should probably be second, with a good anti air last. AAAs will only becom more important as the meta evolves
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,608
    edited February 13
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Theres no better point than cell rn. Also vegeta is a good assist but considering how long cooldowns are, vegeta should probably be second, with a good anti air last. AAAs will only becom more important as the meta evolves

"Good AA assist" in this game?
    I mean there are some situationally useful ones, but in all honesty the overall best AA assist might actually be Vegeta's, just because of the angle and area it covers, and how easy it is to convert from when it hits.
  • YoungFoxYoungFox Joined: Posts: 147
    Is vegeta assist really that good even if it allows you to cancel the blockstun into a reflect thus ruining alot of block strings?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,723
    YoungFox wrote: »
    Is vegeta assist really that good even if it allows you to cancel the blockstun into a reflect thus ruining alot of block strings?

Can't you bait that and punish the reflect? If so you still create a 50/50 situation, which is good. Also Vegeta's assist seems to be the best shit in the whole game to extend combos.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 209
    Absolutely agree that Cell is a top tier point character. Dude has amazing blockstring pressure, great oki after his combos, incredible corner carry and damage plus a meterless teleport.

He has practically little to no weaknesses.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dime wrote: »
    Better for there to be a dedicated forum. Novril and sharpie have made a forum and are trying to consolidate all that different discord’s into one place. If it gets like skull heart then it will be good. Check it out.

http://forums.fighterz.pro/index.php

If SRK did shut down I'd be there but ill be here for now.

Can't you bait that and punish the reflect? If so you still create a 50/50 situation, which is good. Also Vegeta's assist seems to be the best shit in the whole game to extend combos.

I would argue yamchas is better to extend combos since it keeps them grounded. as far as baiting the reflect i would imagine that it would be reactable for the defender. If the attacker goes to continue the blockstring you can reaction reflect. if they delay the block string so that there is a gap then reflect will still catch anything for 20 frames after start up, if they do nothing to bait the reflect then you can mash buttons to get momentum.

even if your opponent tries to bait the reflect by doing nothing or continue the blockstring that leaves vanish as a viable escape option. on blockstring nothing comes out and if the attackers does nothing to bait it out vanish iis plus on a grounded oppoenent
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 1,190
    wakalaka wrote: »
    Absolutely agree that Cell is a top tier point character. Dude has amazing blockstring pressure, great oki after his combos, incredible corner carry and damage plus a meterless teleport.

He has practically little to no weaknesses.

Perfect....
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,364
    Cell is an all around great point character, but there are a few characters who can't be far behind him in that regard, and 16 is arguably even better.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,128

I would argue yamchas is better to extend combos since it keeps them grounded. as far as baiting the reflect i would imagine that it would be reactable for the defender. If the attacker goes to continue the blockstring you can reaction reflect. if they delay the block string so that there is a gap then reflect will still catch anything for 20 frames after start up, if they do nothing to bait the reflect then you can mash buttons to get momentum.

even if your opponent tries to bait the reflect by doing nothing or continue the blockstring that leaves vanish as a viable escape option. on blockstring nothing comes out and if the attackers does nothing to bait it out vanish iis plus on a grounded oppoenent

I don't think a player would be able to react to the 50/50 of an IAD jL or an empty IAD. If you're set that followup reflect will beat an attack I'd just empty jump or delay button or throw.

In any case his assist has way too much utility to be invalidate by one thing, there's still the defensive applications that it also excels in way more than any other assist right now.
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 13
    Reticently wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty glad ASW didn't flood the game with dozens of Saiyan install power-ups. Letting that stuff mostly just be cinematic effects during supers was a pretty elegant way to include them.

Golden Frieza and Mystic Gohan are installs that only have to be implemented on single characters, and they don't have to affect character balancing as much as going through all the Saiyan installs would require.

I didn't mean to imply that everything capable of being placed in that context should be. I like the fact that Goku's SS3 transformation is regulated to a level 3 Super, for example. They should have just consolidated the cast more. Regular-fucking Goku and Vegeta and Blue Goku and Vegeta in the same game is just stupid.

I'd rather start with a base-Saiyan (i.e. Goku), their SS2 be an easily obtainable 1 bar transformation (and, of course, not inherently overall better than the base-saiyan form, gameplay-wise, so that the player is not essentially forced to just start each match with 0 bar because they're playing a saiyan) and other transformations be level 3 (like Blue) or part of specific special/hyper animations.

"Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,608

That is the big weakness of it, yes. There are options against it since it's a ki blast-assist. But it's still such an amazing all-round assist that it doesn't matter.

You can beat reflects by dragon rushing if I'm not mistaken.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,592

I don't think a player would be able to react to the 50/50 of an IAD jL or an empty IAD. If you're set that followup reflect will beat an attack I'd just empty jump or delay button or throw.

In any case his assist has way too much utility to be invalidate by one thing, there's still the defensive applications that it also excels in way more than any other assist right now.

I personally would tailor my defensive options to either reflect or vanish or maybe even z change depending on timing. all 3 situation are relatively favorable to me
  • CrimsonMoonMistCrimsonMoonMist Joined: Posts: 501
    Weeaboo wrote: »

A comparison between Goku's movelist in FighterZ and Dante's movelist in MvCi, I think?
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,262
    testing out bb aftere a while and it feels really slow compared to dbfz.
    no wonder i got so fucked up at the beginning...i expected it to have a similar pacing but its much faster.

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,909
    The two dumbest decisions about this game is the fact that it doesn't kick people from searching if they miss their match request. Also, unless I just don't see it, why can't i turn on match request or switch teams while in training mode
  • Nefarious_RaccoonNefarious_Raccoon Joined: Posts: 107
    Sonicfox seems quite confident and cocky. Will anybody be able to beat him? All I see online are one sided beatdowns from him.
  • FallenGalaxyFallenGalaxy Joined: Posts: 85

No you cant i think, if they reflected out of vegeta assist, they basically are invincible, on a successful reflect, even DR wont work.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,420
    edited February 13
    The two dumbest decisions about this game is the fact that it doesn't kick people from searching if they miss their match request. Also, unless I just don't see it, why can't i turn on match request or switch teams while in training mode

You can go to training mode after turning on a match search and it will continue searching. Why you can't just do it from the pause menu idfk.

But you can change teams in training mode. There should he a change character option that allows you to change any character on yours and the dummy's team without having to go back to the the select screen.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

I mean to change teams for actual matches
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,999
    Fucking hitstun decay. I just thought I had the sickest combo figured out and then the fucker just techs out of my combo.
    FeelsBadMan

If your combo counter goes blue, it wasn't a true combo.
  • YMDSLTSACYMDSLTSAC Joined: Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 13
    otori wrote: »
    Sonicfox seems quite confident and cocky. Will anybody be able to beat him? All I see online are one sided beatdowns from him.

Go1chi
    q2kfisV.jpg

(I have no idea what the comic is actually saying)

Probably obvious to most here but it's a parody of this scene:

I think the dialogue is almost exactly the same.
    "Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."
    willseless wrote: »
    Fucking hitstun decay. I just thought I had the sickest combo figured out and then the fucker just techs out of my combo.
    FeelsBadMan

Nah, I know that.
    I tried to do some Hellzone Grenade shenanigans and realized that you gotta keep your combo counter low, as this game uses hitstun decay and after a while shit that is supposed to combo, doesn't combo anymore.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,905 mod
    willseless wrote: »
    FeelsBadMan

Nah, I know that.
    I tried to do some Hellzone Grenade shenanigans and realized that you gotta keep your combo counter low, as this game uses hitstun decay and after a while shit that is supposed to combo, doesn't combo anymore.

Yeah the tech buffer in this game is mad short compared to Marvel
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Dr_CheesesteakDr_Cheesesteak Joined: Posts: 18
    Nakkiel. Only problem is the two are on opposite ends of the country and I don't think Nakkiel travels beyond Texas for majors, tho his profile history shows 1 appearance at CEOtaku. So if they ever meet offline it may be Texas Showdown or EVO. I haven't checked his streams in a few days, but his W-L record last I saw was something ridiculous like 190-5 and he absolutely steamrolled the NWM monthly.
    anime, SNK, MK, Soul

DBFZ: Beerus / Android 21 / Majin Buu
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,583
    Nakkiel. Only problem is the two are on opposite ends of the country and I don't think Nakkiel travels beyond Texas for majors, tho his profile history shows 1 appearance at CEOtaku. So if they ever meet offline it may be Texas Showdown or EVO. I haven't checked his streams in a few days, but his W-L record last I saw was something ridiculous like 190-5 and he absolutely steamrolled the NWM monthly.
    Insightful!

But I don’t think anyone can beat fox for now. Give it another 2-3 months for people to catch up imo.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,193

There are also Japanese players to consider, at least the ones that were into other ASW games such as Dogura, GO1, Souji, etc.

I would like to see how Marlin Pie is doing. He does pretty well in XRD as far as North America stats go.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    Alioune is looking real good. He has the gohan loop down and his crazy fat buu set play with his trap projectile.
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 270
    Weeaboo wrote: »

A comparison between Goku's movelist in FighterZ and Dante's movelist in MvCi, I think?

Goku is the Ryu of the game, and he's compared to Dante ?
    You don't deserve to know my name !
    This game doesn't have a Ryu. Everyone is pants on head retarded. It's great!
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,148
    edited February 14
    Quick ragequit clip from a short stream yesterday, note: my overall gameplay is no bueno, but still...

https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleViscousKuduMcaT

Learned some better combos today though, so hopefully when I stream again I can pull em off!
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,916

Tatsunical and nakkiel are looking like the best in the US at the moment
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 3,011
    I can't use hit at all
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    GenUser! wrote: »