Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not...

Comments

• locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »
    I just wonder who that evil guy was that drove him to this

Jiren going to overcome odds

Otherwise asspull of the damn series

It was 17 who drew first blood and none of them are as strategic

That in itself was an asspull. We are shown at the beginning of ToP Jiren dodges blocks without moving. Goku says "he predicted their movements" even though he wasn't really looking at them. He then blocks Hits attack effortlessly while finishing off Goku. He basically wasn't touched by Time Skip, AN ATTACK THAT SKIPS TIME and now you are telling me 17 sneaked on him without him noticing lol. Jiren has been nerfed to Tien tier
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,197
    edited February 12
    Reticently wrote: »
    DB already did strong silent type with a secret heart of gold thing with 16. So Jiren is free to take the powerful good guy who's also a real asshole slot.

Maybe he isn't really the quiet type by nature, maybe he just keeps his mouth shut because he knows people don't really like him.

Shit, when the going gets tough Jiren's friends abandon his causes. Whereas Goku's friends are literally willing to die just so he can get a good power nap.

"Don't worry I'll wish you back with the DB's."

"Oh ok goku."
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Well he can't sense 17 so what's the big deal?

blocks of concrete or whatever that was also don't have ki...
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    locoghoul wrote: »
    Well he can't sense 17 so what's the big deal?

blocks of concrete or whatever that was also don't have ki...

they also dont have the strength of android 17 so even if they hit him so what? lol

17 put a little hole in jirens shirt and scratched his back, now you niggas are trippin.

no ones tripping on frieza kicking jiren through rocks without gold form

can yall just watch the anime and stop trying to apply logic, just making it worse for yourself

There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    HIS WEAKNESS IS BEING HIT BY A TOUGH ATTACK WHEN HES NOT EXPECINTG IT!!! :lol:

also all of a sudden goku and vegeta are able to trade blows w jiren? looooool

power scaling BROKEN SORRY

but sick episode, 17 what a BOSS
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Factual Joined: Posts: 9,915
    Sigh.......I really enjoy Sean's work as normal Goku Black. It makes me sad he's gonna switch to that awful British accent eventually
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,944
    can yall just watch the anime and stop trying to apply logic, just making it worse for yourself
    po pimpus wrote: »
    So doing cool looking shit just for the lols is all it takes to impress you?

Then you should be a Vegeta fan pre Super also.

That's all it took to impress all of you with Jiren, soooo.....
    It doesn't help that none of Jiren's attacks are memorable. Goku Black was shittacular but he at least did cool things like the scythe and his hand blade fighting style. Plus I was a fan of his overall design and presentation, even if he did ruin that whenever he opened his mouth.

Jiren does boring ass generic moves with a pasted on backstory while wearing the same outfit as 9 other dudes and looking like if you slapped Freeza 'ears' on a swole Grey

Broly > Jiren

Broly being triggered by a crying baby ruins the character.

It's funny how y'all pick and choose when plot and story matters in Dragon Ball. You criticize some dumb shit that happens, and it's all "lol it's Dragon Ball don't take it seriously they just punch shit hard and move fast". But when you take a non-canon movie character who epitomizes that and makes the Z-Fighters look like bitches, it's "omg he's not a deep enough character what's his motivation why he clothesline Vegeta like that why he punt Goku I need answers".

Kiss my ass.

Dragon Ball doesn't have to be Shakepeare but they missed fast break lay up with Broly. Vegeta's father tried to murder him and father. He finds out Vegeta is still alive. Vegeta looks just like his father. Surely Broly is going to want vengeance against Vegeta. Nope, he's mad because while he was in a nursery, the baby next to him was crying. That's not even a good Toriyama gag. That's just fucking lame.

source.gif
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 6,079
    Sigh.......I really enjoy Sean's work as normal Goku Black. It makes me sad he's gonna switch to that awful British accent eventually

They said that he’s British because when he goes ssj rosé a bit of zamasu is in him so that’s why he goes British.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nah english goku black is terrible. PERIOD
    edited February 13
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    Nah english goku is terrible. PERIOD

I'm guessing that's what you're really saying? Sub kinda guy?
    Subs all the time but I do find some english voices fine but the Goku Black stuff is poor. Can't even compare to japanese VA
    Aight, I respect it. Dub only myself, but with the episode gap between versions I've had to deal.

Man.......Goku Black is legit the only straight villain Super has had. That's sad
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,282
    edited February 13
    lmao I saw some comments on people complaining about Jiren's backstory and how it's another reason Z was better.

Like who the fuck in Z had a nuanced backstory? Frieza was just presented as a space dictator, Cell was just a weapon Gero made and he just wanted to be perfect, I don't even remember the androids having much, and Buu is just a weird magical monster that wants to destroy everything and eat candy.

Dragon ball has always been heavier leaning on character developement rather than backstory. Honestly I'm surprised they even tried to show some insight into his past.
    spread'em
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,527
    DB Super has been better about character development for most of the cast compared to DBZ.

As for the Androids motivations in DBZ, at first they were just gonna go along with the 'kill Goku' directive (mostly due to what was programmed into Android 16).... because they were bored.
    The Bad Future Trunks timeline is basically what happens when they get too bored and end up deciding to just rampage for the lulz.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    The nuance here is that jiren is not a villain in fact he's the greatest hero among the universes

Goku is a dimwit who wants to fight strong people. He readily accepting his position as villain. Because it would drive people to fight him all out.

Of course goku is going to win, but if he doesn't that is even more interesting

It would be hilarious if jiren throws that one punch and kills freiza then gets dq'd even though freiza is dead
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 6,079
    Watching Dragon Ball Super subbed has made me mature and watch every other anime in subbed.
  • nicehatnicehat Joined: Posts: 12
    trunks was always the most badass---dude has a sword!
  • mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 7,018
    As predictable as the ending to Super's gonna be, I really really hope they nail the execution. I want a drawn out, exhausting, epic fucking fight and I want the conclusion to be satisfying as shit.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • Autocrat1Autocrat1 Welcome back... to the stage of HISTORY. Joined: Posts: 3,477
    I hope Jiren Goku or Frieza wishes that "Boogie Back" plays during the credits for the last episode
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,197
    edited February 13
    mowr wrote: »
    As predictable as the ending to Super's gonna be, I really really hope they nail the execution. I want a drawn out, exhausting, epic fucking fight and I want the conclusion to be satisfying as shit.

You're asking for alot. Speaking of ending...

How do people actually want super to end? Jokes aside and all. Who should really take it?
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106

How do people actually want super to end? Jokes aside and all. Who should really take it?

With it being all a Bad Dream of Yamcha's. Yamcha is actually the series strongest character, married to Bulma, Goku been dead since he was only 12.
    Or have the St Elswwhere ending where everything is going on in the mind of a young Gohan's mind

I want a ending that the fan base will be pissed about.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »

With it being all a Bad Dream of Yamcha's. Yamcha is actually the series strongest character, married to Bulma, Goku been dead since he was only 12.
    Or have the St Elswwhere ending where everything is going on in the mind of a young Gohan's mind

I want a ending that the fan base will be pissed about.

Oh, that's easy then. Goku wins.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,290
    So basically it seems the three final episodes of the arc are UI Goku vs Jiren. Not gonna be surprised in the least if Goku wins and U7 is the only "survivor" out of all the 8 contenders.
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 587
    Hecatom wrote: »

"Pickle Riccolo"

This video was a mistake.

848.gif
    Rip sig.
    edited February 13
    "3 types of goku's. vanilla, bubblegum and hot topik."

Heh....it's funny because it's true. Reminds me of xenoverse. :rofl:.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,871
    Volt wrote: »
    We'll see 17s family when they revive him and give him a boat on Super's ending.

Fixed that for you.

I'd be cool with a Jiren's backstory episode. Plot exposition like that doesn't really have the weight it needs to make an impact.
    It's like having Future Trunks' entire backstory being what he told to Goku when he first arrived.

By the way, remind me. What has Frieza done in the ToP?
    Dude scared some mooks into eliminating themselves, and gave Goku some energy.

Oh yeah, he got bodied. Over and over again.

The Japanese couldn't have Cell as their favorite villain, it had to be the "Ohohoho (Gets stomped into a power nap)" dude.

didn't freiza save goku from being eliminated by kicking him?
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,071
    I hope Jiren wins and wishes everyone back. Although his wish appears to be to turn back time to when he was a kid, or to be able to have friends again, or something along those lines.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "Smasher".
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 524
    I hope Jiren wins and wishes everyone back. Although his wish appears to be to turn back time to when he was a kid, or to be able to have friends again, or something along those lines.

Wish the bad dude never existed. He never become strong as fuck. Pride troopers are a bunch of tree huggers. Belmod has destroyed 3/4 of U11 by the time of the tourney. U7 wins and comment "well that last boss big ass monster fused was tough wasnt it. "
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    Japanese voice actor for Perfect Cell doesn't fit him. Funimation voice actor for Perfect Cell does however...
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,527
    edited February 14
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Japanese voice actor for Perfect Cell doesn't fit him. Funimation voice actor for Perfect Cell does however...

I ain't going to agree or disagree with that.
    Throws you a flimsy-ass flame shield.

Have fun with that!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN

You're trolling right?
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    Sacr3D wrote: »

You're trolling right?

No, Japanese voice actor for Perfect Cell should have been Jiren's

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file