The SFV Lounge: SRK is ALIVE. AE Hype is BACK! DISCORD going the way of DISCO

Comments

• MafamaticksMafamaticks Where'd ya life go? Joined: Posts: 786
    edited February 14
    I like how his solution is to stop playing Ken. Let's all ask Fang how that's working out for him. Mental disorders? Over a dropped fucking combo in a video game?

Word?

It's so much dumb shit to unpack in those videos man. Y'all need to come get y'all boy
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 5,061
    FANG needs a plush alt
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,575
    TBH if your character isn't good, dropping them is the best way to react to it.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    I don't always practice what I preach, but I dropped Vega for being bad.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,674
    Veserius wrote: »
    I don't always practice what I preach, but I dropped Vega for being bad.

vega bad

dont let vega hurt you anymore the few are left, its ok to leave him!!!!!!
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,391
    edited February 14
    Vega, Graham Wolfe.

Both retired.
    I dropped Hugo in SFxT after they nerfed him too, and replaced him with top tier Nina. Don't fuck with bad characters.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,391
    I don't think I've dropped anyone ever. I've ran characters in tandem, but never fully dropped them.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i dropped Rolento in the first console version of ultra street fighter 4. It hurts, but fuck using bad characters.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    I dropped Venom in Xrd cause Raven is easier and better.

My original MVC2 team had Iceman on it, boy got upgraded to Sentinel.

Playing good characters is just more fun.
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 678
    What do you mean with bad characters? Just everyone that isn't top tier or just the absolute worst like Ryu?
  • AcidicEnemaAcidicEnema Joined: Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dropped SFV because of Ken being bad.

Now I'm dropping MvCI to come back to SFV because bad character in living game > any character in ded game
    "You don't always get what you want. GG was dead for years outside of a few communities before they got xrd. Tekken was defacto dead after ttt2 too. Shit was on life support.

Growing up I learned to just be happy with what you have or move on. I wanted evo to have more variety too. Instead we have 3 anime games, and 2 smash games. I wanted kof14 to release with better graphics so it had more of a scene. Sadly life gives you what you got so you might as well hold the L and click rematch.

People used to come out for these games for the love not the admiration." - Negative-Zer0
    stronzolo wrote: »
    What do you mean with bad characters? Just everyone that isn't top tier or just the absolute worst like Ryu?

There are different levels I'll tolerate game to game, but if someone isn't top 1/3rd of the cast my interest level is pretty low at this point.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,486
    edited February 14
    So...

Who wants to be my valentine? :bee:

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,173
    Nah, gotta keep that character loyalty. But keep your character roster smallish.

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO USE S3 KOLIN Joined: Posts: 10,570
    SFV: KOLIN/CAMMY
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,674
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

"Evil Canadian" Vega still good.

Vega needs to be emergency deleted from the game

I resent him for stealing a year of my life putting time into him.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,173
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

"Evil Canadian" Vega still good.

Vega needs to be emergency deleted from the game

I resent him for stealing a year of my life putting time into him.

It's ok, come season 4 they will nerf him some more.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think the big difference with 5 is at least characters like Gouken in 4 had their own style and we're fun to play. You weren't playing a shit version of Akuma, it was a completely different experience.

Same with T Hawk or even Blanka. Juri was completely different as was Hakan.

Now everyone's just got different power levels of the same shit.

What do you think should happen in 5 to make characters' be completely different experiences? Is the problem so fundamental that it is too late to fix?
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • amrraedamrraed THICC- LI Joined: Posts: 5,030
    Dang. Chris T's bitching have achieved legendary status .
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 1,190
    I think the big difference with 5 is at least characters like Gouken in 4 had their own style and we're fun to play. You weren't playing a shit version of Akuma, it was a completely different experience.

We need Gouken back,I miss that old guy a lot.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,212 mod
    edited February 14
    Electricity seems to be plus after all. I guess since all electrics are the same might as well just make it plus. He doesn't have a 3 frame button, but his s.lp seems to have really good range. With his dash and command hop he looks extremely mobile on the ground for 1000 health/stun character. People are gonna hate fighting him again for sure

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• AkhosAkhos Joined: Posts: 23,392
    His command hop is 29 frames according to Ves (3 frames slower than Ibuki's MK command dash) so I don't think it'll be that good
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,993
    Veserius wrote: »
    TBH if your character isn't good, dropping them is the best way to react to it.

I mean its ok to drop a character.

Its the bit about calling for mass boycott because the balance gods won't answer your emails.
  • MafamaticksMafamaticks Where'd ya life go? Joined: Posts: 786
    edited February 14
    I just don't understand why he thinks any of this is a good idea or why he thinks it's worth fighting for.

If Daigo dropped Ryu, what the fuck are you gonna change as Chris T?

And who are these weirdo niggas gassing him up to be the voice of Ken? He really believes that shit.

I mean if you HAVE to play Ken and money is on the line, how about just use combos that are reliable and don't leave it up to chance?

And the solution is to not play a character? If you feel that strongly, don't play the fucking game. Imagine if MLK was like, let's boycott the busses by not riding ONE bus. Dude is a physical manifestation of a destiny subreddit post.

Just so many questions. I can't wrap my brain around any of this shit man.

How old is he? Is he still in college?
  • amrraedamrraed THICC- LI Joined: Posts: 5,030
    Electricity seems to be plus after all. I guess since all electrics are the same might as well just make it plus. He doesn't have a 3 frame button, but his s.lp seems to have really good range. With his dash and command hop he looks extremely mobile on the ground for 1000 health/stun character. People are gonna hate fighting him again for sure

They said on WSO that electricity is +3ob.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,959
    And don't you dare suggest switching mains! We ain't about that!

...But that's essentially what the boycott would be doing unless they stopped playing SFV all together.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 543
    amrraed wrote: »

They said on WSO that electricity is +3ob.

Range is pretty ass though, thankfully.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 5,068
    Interesting, eh ?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-loses-80-of-its-pc-player-base

I know is is cancer but just skim over the comments section.

Kinda expecting it, glad I had the chance to beat all those xenoverse players before they left.
    This should be a lesson to all those FGs developers that think that making their games easier and more accessible will draw more casuals

I'm sure by doing so they kept more players than they would have if they didn't
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 604
    Watching WSO Blanka session. Character looks pretty great. Also looks like a total shitlord and the online Blankas are gonna be a treat. Gotta get as much time in online before the Blanka horde literally rolls onto the scene next Tuesday.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • VoltaVolta Joined: Posts: 398

I said something similar when the game was still relatively new, about how all characters more or less play the same, and got downvoted to hell for it. Interesting how attitudes towards the game changed.

• stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 678
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    Interesting, eh ?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-loses-80-of-its-pc-player-base

I know is is cancer but just skim over the comments section.

Kinda expecting it, glad I had the chance to beat all those xenoverse players before they left.
    This should be a lesson to all those FGs developers that think that making their games easier and more accessible will draw more casuals

I'm sure by doing so they kept more players than they would have if they didn't

Probably, but what would that change in the long run? If you're not interested in learning a game from the get go I hardly doubt that some autocombos will change your mind. Those people are probably going tostick around until they're forced to learn something and at that point they will just drop the game
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 8,293
    Chris T needs to turn that salt into wine, just wait for Violent Ken in S4 I promise
    "They are a representation of Trife's existential agony. Sharp visual metaphors, that aim to jolt the mind through behavioral observations and meaningful social commentary."