The ST match vids + discussion thread

Comments

• stream3stream3 Joined: Posts: 234
    noguchi is SICK
  • TriplejjjTriplejjj Joined: Posts: 260
    I was wondering if anyone could id the Guile player in this match, as the same TZW who put some old SF2 combo vids? And for those interested here is my ST channel: [url]http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ronin830 [/url]
    Fighting game enthusiast
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 981
    In part 7 of those vids CigarBob just uploaded, I think you can see an example of that odd extra-large vulnerability box in the recovery of T.Hawk's crouching strong that NKI featured in his last video. Around 00:41-00:42, T. Hawk gets hit by a jab during the recovery of his crouching strong from more than half a screen away.

Great videos, thanks for sharing, CigarBob.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • SpinalBloodSpinalBlood Sagat Wins Joined: Posts: 252
    www.youtube.com/cigarbob

First 13 parts of Xmania 5 uploaded. I am ripping the second disc right now. I should have it done this weekend.

Since I was looking of the X mania 5 vids tons ago, is there a way to save the vids from youtube? The first 13 vids should be the ones combovideos has, but I would like to dl the future others from youtube.

Any hints?
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a program called AVReplay which allows you to rip web streams. The demo limits you to 5MB (I believe) per download, which is actually pretty useful for stuff like match vids, music vids and such. If that doesn't offer enough download to get the complete vids, you could of course always pay for it. But either way, this is the best utility I've found for ripping web streams.
  • CigarBoBCigarBoB Joined: Posts: 895
    Since I was looking of the X mania 5 vids tons ago, is there a way to save the vids from youtube? The first 13 vids should be the ones combovideos has, but I would like to dl the future others from youtube.

Any hints?

You wont need to do that.

I have the 2nd DVD for Xmania 5 ripped and I just need to cut it up and get it hosted at CV.com.

I should have it done by the end of the week or so.

I will post here when it is finished.
  • SpinalBloodSpinalBlood Sagat Wins Joined: Posts: 252
    Thx for the infos :wgrin:
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just stumbled across another useful utility for ripping youtube streams and such: vdownloader. Just did some quick tests, and I couldn't get .avi ripping to work, but .mpg ripping works like a charm. I just found me a replacement for the demo version of AVReplay I've been using. :D
  • Professor JonesProfessor Jones Joined: Posts: 213
    Cigarbob :

Any news of the rest of the X-mania V videos ? I've been waiting for these since the first time you released the first part, but I believe you had a problem with your hd back then...
  • NKINKI Mashers Joined: Posts: 1,788
    I was wondering if anyone could id the Guile player in this match, as the same TZW who put some old SF2 combo vids?
    Yes, that's him. He actually enters tourneys pretty regularly.
    And for those interested here is my ST channel: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ronin830
    Good stuff! :tup:
    It was a fun ten years.

http://nki.combovideos.com
    Thanks to BlazeD and Preppy for hosting!
    Cigarbob :

Any news of the rest of the X-mania V videos ? I've been waiting for these since the first time you released the first part, but I believe you had a problem with your hd back then...

I have been working crazy hours and getting my new cab ready for EVO so I haven't had time to cut them up.

They will be up soon though.
    Xmania 5 disc 2

you can go to my youtube and view them.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=CigarBoB

As soon as I am done with the DVD I will create a Torrent or upload them to rapidshare/combovideos
  • Footsy BebopFootsy Bebop Joined: Posts: 326
    awesome vids cigarbob.

Anyway someone could ID the players in these vids? I'd love to know who's who.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    You got it, brother.

p14
    Ando (O.Ryu), Akeome (Ryu), Nia (EH)
    vs.
    Kusumondo (EH), KomodaBlanka, Mayakon (TH)

p15
    Hakase (Sim), Ichidal (DJ), Holy Scarlet Bal (Claw)
    vs.
    ARG (Claw), Sawada (Cammy), K Maru (Sim)

p16
    LL Cool Muteki (Guile), Inro (OChun), Chimuchimu[Chamu] (Chun)
    vs.
    Otochun, YuuVega (Dic), Tsuji (Box)

p17
    Tencho (Ryu), Oku (Chun), Toutanki (TH)
    vs.
    Kunyara[Kuni?] (Gief), V.Y. (O.EH), KKY (Sim)

BTW -- V.Y. is a foreign player. From Taiwan I guess. Pretty neat.

p18
    Noguchi (Fei), Yoshimura (Sim), MoreVega (Dictator)
    vs.
    Ocha (Guile), Momo (Ken), Jenety (Chun)

p19
    Thoseguyswiththelongnames
    vs.
    Onucho (Dictator), Kikai (Guile), Pyonkichi (Sagat)

Hmm... nickname posse might be Mattsun (Ken), Tsunoppi (Guile) and Pony (Gief)

p20
    Ashitana (O.Ryu), USA (Box), Koike (Blanka)
    vs.
    Mi (O.Ken), Prince (Ryu), Kashiwagi

I mentioned Ashitana and his fondness for the jumping RH in the X7 thread; he lands one of the best ones ever here @ around 0:23. That guy is all class.
  • Professor JonesProfessor Jones Joined: Posts: 213
    Thanks CigarBob :tup:
  • Footsy BebopFootsy Bebop Joined: Posts: 326
    nohoho: could you identify the players in CigarBob's new batch of Xmania vids? parts 21-30?
    p21
    Macky7 (Box), yuu (Guile), Gunze (Gief)
    vs.
    Yocchan (TH), UshiDhal, ASTEKA (Bla)

p22
    Hakase (Sim), Ichidal (DJ), Holy Scarlet Bal (Claw)
    vs.

p23
    vs.
    Otochun, YuuVega (Dic), Tsuji (Box)

This is the B block finals. Otochun's team wins... but Tencho's team moves on to the finals? Wait does Toutanki beat Tsuji? I'm buggin'. hehe Too many videos!!

p24
    Probably: Mattsun (Ken), Tsunoppi (Guile) and Pony (Gief)
    vs.

p25
    vs.
    Macky7 (Box), yuu (Guile), Gunze (Gief)

p26 on
    Finals block with:
  • ramzaramza hmmm Joined: Posts: 2,481
    what the hell is wrong with dhalsim's teleport? in x mania 5 d2-15 file, round the 5 minute mark. i've seen this happen before in the same match up(t hawk vs dhalsim), and its pretty disgusting to watch. is there a way to NOT reversal teleport in the same position? if not, i would say that's extremely game breaking
    Are YOU still single?!?!?
    R.I.P Reggie Etheridge

He tortured me...with his awfulness
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 981
    Yeah, it's a glitch. You can't control the direction of a reversal teleport.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • Grits'N'GravyGrits'N'Gravy I used to oicho throw people. Joined: Posts: 977
    Sup guys... I am having trouble finding OG Ken matches on youtube/in general.

Anybody got some that's more than that Ankdy vs Kita (or whatever) matches? Oh and the Valle evo 06 stuff. If not, are there any notable OGKen players?

It seems like he's fallen out of favor with the passing of time... used to be considered one of the best. I want to revive him locally if possible. =)
    CFN: BatmanWithAGlock
    E. Honda is gone forever. 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
    Asalamualaikum!

I posted a handful of old movies on my broke-down putfile page. Mostly X-Mania 1.

http://www.putfile.com/nohoho

Don't know who all the players are but Aniken wailing on some team (EDIT: nvm) is a gem. God mix-up! Also Team Kawachikko ie: Komoda Mayakon Kusumondo were in action that year, too. I have some more of them I hope to post soon.

Update: Couple more still... including a vid featuring Kurohyou -- female claw player.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,813 mod
    what the hell is wrong with dhalsim's teleport? in x mania 5 d2-15 file, round the 5 minute mark. i've seen this happen before in the same match up(t hawk vs dhalsim), and its pretty disgusting to watch. is there a way to NOT reversal teleport in the same position? if not, i would say that's extremely game breaking

Meh...Dhalsim's like the best character in the game any ways. He needs at least a few things against him.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Asalamualaikum!

I posted a handful of old movies on my broke-down putfile page. Mostly X-Mania 1.

http://www.putfile.com/nohoho

Don't know who all the players are but Aniken wailing on some team (EDIT: nvm) is a gem. God mix-up! Also Team Kawachikko ie: Komoda Mayakon Kusumondo were in action that year, too. I have some more of them I hope to post soon.

Update: Couple more still... including a vid featuring Kurohyou -- female claw player.

great stuff, but can u upload a format which I can download to my computer?

Thanks!
    Thanks nohoho!
    It was a fun ten years.

From another thread:
    nohoho wrote:
    On the X-Mania 7 DVD Otochun and Gian discuss a phenomenon called "Komoda Magic." They were commenting specifically on his batshit insane round-start jump ins but it's all the same stuff.

When you think about it in terms of conditioning... what kind of horrors has Komoda inflicted on these people in the past that make them hesitate so much as the round begins? Scary.
    I meant to ask this earlier, as I haven't seen the games and was just curious, but what is he doing at the round starts that's scaring his opponents so much? Just something like jumping a fireball using anticipation or lightning reflexes and opening the round up with a big combo like j.fierce, c.forward XX Ball?
    EDIT: edit
    Raisin wrote:
    I meant to ask this earlier, as I haven't seen the games and was just curious, but what is he doing at the round starts that's scaring his opponents so much? Just something like jumping a fireball using anticipation or lightning reflexes and opening the round up with a big combo like j.fierce, c.forward XX Ball?

Well, Komoda's round-start antics are simply mysterious. There's no damn reason The SuperStar boxer should crouch for a minute and then block a Blanka jump in as the round begins. That's just Komoda Magic.

Having said that, one of the most important concepts in fighting games is something I like to think of in terms of CPU load. A better player will have a clearer head and be more able to focus on the most important shit at any given moment.

The seed for this idea was something Chensor discussed a long-ass time ago during SFA2 days. If you were using Zangief in that game, you wanted to jump in, right, but you first needed to get your opponent to focus on the ground game. With standing medium kicks and crouching fierces? This principle works in any fighting game with any characters.

I use Blanka, right, and there are a couple Ryu players here in New York that just have my number. Now, even though I'm getting beat, I'm aware enough to see that they're clearly running at "lower CPU load" than me. Like:

CPU(brain): XXXXXXXXXX
    nohoho: X = footsie, jump ins, trickery, bites, etc.

XXXXOOOOOO
    flashg: X = st, O = should I have a turkey sandwich for dinner?

So that sucks. Heh. But there are plenty of Ryu players that I can wail on:

XXXXXOOOOO
    nohoho: X = footsie, hops, etc. O = did this fucker use akuma against me last week? should I have a turkey sandwich for dinner? etc. hehe

XXXXXXXXXX
    ryu player: X = footsie, not getting bitten, fireballs, not getting bitten <- no room for DPs

In the first case I'm not jumping in cold and not getting DPed in a million years. In the latter case I can jump at dude and he'll just block it because his mental shit is in the red.

Komoda, as one of the top of the top Kansai players, probably winds up in the latter situation even against A-class opponents. So that might explain some of the stuff he gets away with?

(FWIW, I think this cognitive psych stuff is a big part of what makes players like Justin and Daigo so dangerous. They got their mental game really streamlined. Plenty of CPU power to spare, as it were.)

EDIT:
    There's a case in point today @ mikado:
    http://blog.mi-ka-do.net/?eid=333724
    In the sagat-cammy fight (fifth file down) the cammy player blocks a couple of jump ins because he's thinking about other stuff (sandwiches!) Great finish in that match. Players for these vids listed on ze blog.
    Very interesting post! That theory is a good read. I've noticed in my own games that I sometimes miss anti-air Thrust Kicks just because I'm not even thinking about using it.

Oh, and those Mikado videos are golden, like always. I'd never seen Shacho (purple Cammy in game 2) play before, but he's great with the Cannon Drill and rocked the crossup so well that his mixups looked like something out of the Versus series of games, haha. Toutanki was also as amazing as usual.
    Speaking of the recently mentioned Mikado vids, why is Kurahashi playing Ryu rather than Guile, or does he only play Guile at major ST tournies or has the unthinkable happened and he has switched mains? Anyone know whats up?
    Fighting game enthusiast
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    Speaking of the recently mentioned Mikado vids, why is Kurahashi playing Ryu rather than Guile, or does he only play Guile at major ST tournies or has the unthinkable happened and he has switched mains? Anyone know whats up?

He plays Ryu well enough, so I guess he just has fun with a different character from his main. In all the major tournaments he uses Guile. Smaller tourneys he might switch around.
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • mrdhalsimmrdhalsim Joined: Posts: 378
    kurahashi

Kurahashi has an extremely dangerous and efficient ken as well that is easily on par with the best.
    Those of us that are exposed to ST only as movie hounds don't get to see much sub character action. Footage of Tama's Chun or Pony's Hawk (at master secret cup, I think) are rare gems. Stuff like Kurahashi Ken (!) or Mayakon Guile doesn't seem to make it to the net.

Speaking of that, there should be some vids from a recent Mikado solo 2on coming soon. Noguchi Fei/O.Sagat (<- standing in for CE sagat to practice for SBO, I guess) Also Taira Dictator/New Sagat, hopefully Mattsun Ken/Cammy.
  • CapMasterCapMaster OG Pad Player Joined: Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone got the vids from EVO east? I'd love to see those.
    Reborn ST hustler.
    2009 Gamestop Regional Champion
    No you wouldn't...those matches were UGLY...:confused:
    It was a fun ten years.

• JubeiNinja69JubeiNinja69 Playing To Win Joined: Posts: 1,158
    but your matches were beautiful right?
    Strategy Zone lurker
    Worst matches I've ever played in my life. :sad:
    It was a fun ten years.

• geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,085

SAGAT MATCHES???!! From JAPAN :D!
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,085

Mayakon Vs Komoda AKA= NEVER GIVE UP :D:D
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    Does anyone know how Taira pulled off this trick against KKY's Sim in this video at 3:25? He practically walked forward like Chun with a stored super.
    Fighting game enthusiast
    After completing the super motion on the joystick, you actually have 11 frames to hit the button, so you can take a noticeable step forward before doing the super. I've also seen Tama do it with Boxer's super after low Jabs. (They do it to fake out the opponent...make 'em think a throw is coming.)
    It was a fun ten years.