Chun-Li Thread

Comments

• skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    I never exactly understood how to do the air SBK...can someone explain that to me? The only way I've ever read it explained to me was "charge down for one second, then press up-forward/up-back+kick", but that doesn't seem right at all.
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
  • NKINKI Mashers Joined: Posts: 1,788
    The command for the Spinning Bird Kick is charge back for a second, then towards plus kick.

Doing a jump back SBK is easy because obviously you just charge back, jump up back, then hit towards+kick in the air. Doing neutral jumping air SBK is more tricky. You have to charge back or down/back, then QUICKLY hit straight up, then towards+kick. The timing is pretty strict.
    It was a fun ten years.

http://nki.combovideos.com
    Thanks to BlazeD and Preppy for hosting!
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    The command for the Spinning Bird Kick is charge back for a second, then towards plus kick.

Doing a jump back SBK is easy because obviously you just charge back, jump up back, then hit towards+kick in the air. Doing neutral jumping air SBK is more tricky. You have to charge back or down/back, then QUICKLY hit straight up, then towards+kick. The timing is pretty strict.

I spent a few minutes in training mode tonight to see if I could do this move. I didn't get it once. I was however able to get an air SBK that went forward fairly often by doing this.

1. Get in corner and charge back
    2. Jump up/back
    3. Quickly, bounce forward off the wall and hit K

I don't really plan Chun all that much, so I didn't even realize you could do this :confused: Is there any practical usage of that? Can it help get you out of the corner, or are you more likely to get smacked down trying to do it?
  • chun_li1chun_li1 Joined: Posts: 147
    I spent a few minutes in training mode tonight to see if I could do this move. I didn't get it once. I was however able to get an air SBK that went forward fairly often by doing this.

1. Get in corner and charge back
    2. Jump up/back
    3. Quickly, bounce forward off the wall and hit K

I don't really plan Chun all that much, so I didn't even realize you could do this :confused: Is there any practical usage of that? Can it help get you out of the corner, or are you more likely to get smacked down trying to do it?

Naw, its just meter building in certain situations. You gain a lot of meter. Meter building in ST was always fun and style, unlike what you mainly see in *cough* *cough* 3s ...

Serves no other purpose I know of. And as a corner escape move, highly doubt youll get away w/ it.
    Space Nazis Incoming : http://www.ironsky.net/
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    NKI, I have a couple of questions about your awesome Chun Li wiki if you have a free moment.

1.) Under the Ground Pokes/Footsies section, you say that her cr.RH has more range than her cr.Forward, but when I've tested this for myself, they either seem dead even or the difference in range is so miniscule that I can't tell a difference. Is there something I'm missing? :sweat:

2.) In the Advanced Strategy --> Corner Awareness section, it's written that throwing an opponent into a corner can result in them teching and landing so fast that you can get punished in response. But in an game, Dic techs two corner throws (00:19, 00:21) and Chun Li still comes out unscathed, retaining the initiative. Can Dic be considered an exception to the corner-throwing rule because of his unusually long and floaty recovery from throw techs?
    1.) Under the Ground Pokes/Footsies section, you say that her cr.RH has more range than her cr.Forward, but when I've tested this for myself, they either seem dead even or the difference in range is so miniscule that I can't tell a difference. Is there something I'm missing? :sweat:
    Actually, that was my bad. The cr.Forward has more range than the cr.RH. It has been updated in the Wiki.
    2.) In the Advanced Strategy --> Corner Awareness section, it's written that throwing an opponent into a corner can result in them teching and landing so fast that you can get punished in response. But in an game, Dic techs two corner throws (00:19, 00:21) and Chun Li still comes out unscathed, retaining the initiative. Can Dic be considered an exception to the corner-throwing rule because of his unusually long and floaty recovery from throw techs?
    The reason is because she didn't throw him from point blank range. Even though Dic was in the corner, Chun was about half a step away when she threw him. If she had thrown him from point blank range, Dic could have gotten a reversal throw for free. I've updated the Wiki to reflect that it must be from point blank range.

Thanks for catching those two. I'm glad people are actually reading some of that stuff. :smile:
    It was a fun ten years.

I'm glad people are actually reading some of that stuff. :smile:
    Not only are we reading it, we're completely eating it up, because it's so full of high-level information and extremely well-written to boot.

I have a question about a specific issue with Chun vs. Blanka. In the Chun Li wiki, vs. Blanka section, it's said that, "Unless she has meter, Blanka can safely do the ball against her..." However, in the Blanka wiki, Advanced Strategy section, under "Using Blanka Balls with Caution," it says: "Here is a list of attacks that can hit you AFTER your opponent blocks a Blanka Ball [...] Chun can walk forward and press FP"

Which one is right, the Chun Li wiki or the Blanka wiki? I've never been able to do the walk-up Fierce hit after a blocked ball nor a bunch of the other things on that list, but I suck, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Also, NKI, are you still taking requests for specific character Chun Li matchup strategies to be put into the wiki? :bgrin:
    Thanks. :smile:
    I have a question about a specific issue with Chun vs. Blanka. In the Chun Li wiki, vs. Blanka section, it's said that, "Unless she has meter, Blanka can safely do the ball against her..." However, in the Blanka wiki, Advanced Strategy section, under "Using Blanka Balls with Caution," it says: "Here is a list of attacks that can hit you AFTER your opponent blocks a Blanka Ball [...] Chun can walk forward and press FP"
    Hahaha...actually, we're both wrong. Chun can't do walk-up st.Fierce, but while I was testing it, I found that she can do walk-up st.Strong. This will only work if she STAND blocks the Ball, because crouching hit-stun/block-stun is longer than standing hit-stun/block-stun.

Sorry about that. I've updated the Wiki.
    Also, NKI, are you still taking requests for specific character Chun Li matchup strategies to be put into the wiki? :bgrin:
    Hrm...I guess so, but I can't make any promises about how soon I'll get to it...:confused:
    It was a fun ten years.

chamu's chun li isn't half bad (on x-mania 7 dvd)

very cute to boot :wgrin:
    Hey, could someone make a list of what anti-airs are good against what characters? I realized the other day that I didn't know a good anti-air VS. Claw, and I'd rather not lose just because someone can jump in on me all damn day.
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

Nah, I know that...Perhaps more embarassingly, I don't know what to do about jumping fierce...or any of his jump-ins that aren't wall dives, for that matter :(

• wakeupsweepwakeupsweep Joined: Posts: 124
    I haven't been playing st for too long, so I'm no expert by any mean, anyway jump straight short stops him cold, but you have to somehow predict it, because of how fast his jump is. Chances are sometimes he'll be close enough so he can jump at you and you have no time to jump, in that case s.forward (the close version) MAY trade (i feel it's a 50-50 situation, but I don't know really), in that case I tend to block and get ready to tech/reverse after the cr.strong he'll most likely throw out.
    If he manages to jump in on you (and you blocked his jump in), things don't look too good, you have to guess right what will come next: cr.strong or throw and you have no low charge.
    If you're feeling lucky you could stick out an anti-air s.forward, if it trades the damage trade is in his favour but you got him off you, if it doesn't trade... good luck.
    One last thing, don't ever use upkicks against vega(claw)'s jumpins, but you probably already noticed that.

Again i'm not a pro, nor have I been playing for years, so I guess some of the older players can give you better advice, my info should be 100% correct though.
    nooby queston, sorry

can't chun store her super in the ae version?
    wouldn't work on the xbox version yet have no difficult doing it in the st rom
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    you have to hold start (or whatever the alternative is on the xbox) while selecting ST mode. You'll know it worked 'cos it makes a different sound. You can alos do it when selecting Super mode.
  • King Of BumsKing Of Bums U like that? Joined: Posts: 157
    Does anyone know the combination for the chain/renda canceling for Chun-Li's super? I have seen it a lot in combo videos, but I dont know how it works. The combination i see the most is (close)st.jab->st.jab->cr.jab xx super. If someone can get more specific notation to this (especially which button to kara-cancel), it would be very helpful.

NKI... I'm counting on you to figure this out.
    Will RTSD no matter the game, and to hell with the consequences!!!
    Kof13: Kyo/Hwa/Kim Ultimate Mahvel 3: Spider-Man b/Spencer b/Doctor Doom b
    SCV: Asteroth
    charge :l: :r: :l: :r: st.jab x2, cr.jab xx any kick button, no renda kara cancelling.
    It's like, for example, balrog's cr. jab x2, s.jab xx high rush.
  • King Of BumsKing Of Bums U like that? Joined: Posts: 157
    charge :l: :r: :l: :r: st.jab x2, cr.jab xx any kick button, no renda kara cancelling.
    It's like, for example, balrog's cr. jab x2, s.jab xx high rush.

Thank you for that, saves me a lot of trouble trying to do stuff that wont work :P. Although i requested NKI's help, this is the answer I was looking for. You have gained the blessings of the Bum King!
    Will RTSD no matter the game, and to hell with the consequences!!!
    Kof13: Kyo/Hwa/Kim Ultimate Mahvel 3: Spider-Man b/Spencer b/Doctor Doom b
    SCV: Asteroth
    I need some help on midscreen combos on dizzied opponents.
    B'nB j.RH, s.FP xx FP fireball doesn't work on some chars, off the top of my head: chun, dic and it's real hard (for me at least) on claw.
    I know I can do j.RH, s.SP, cr.RH but I'd rather use some non-link combos, for example I use cr.FW xx RH upkicks damage isn't that lower, it still knocks down and has 99.99% success rate but something fancier (and more damaging) would be cool.

On dic I go for j.RH, s.SP xx FP fireball, is that ok?
    Chun is like... nuts, nothing works on her, I gave up any hope.

I don't know if that made sense but anyway I pretty much need a list of working midscreen practical combos for every character.

so far I got:

-Ryu: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Ken: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Honda: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Chun: crossup j.RH, cr. FW xx lighting legs / cr.SK xx RH upkicks (cr.FW will make upkicks wiff -_-)

-Blanka: j.RH/FP, cr.SP xx FP fireball (cr. FW will do too)

-Zangief: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Guile: j.RH/FP, s.SP xx any fireball

-Dhalsim: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-T. Hawk: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Cammy: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Fei Long: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Deejay: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Boxer: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Claw: j.RH/FP, s.SP xx FP fireball (B'nB works but it's super hard for me, I think I got it once)

-Sagat: j.RH/FP, s.FP xx FP fireball

-Dictator: j. RH/FP, cr.SP xx FP fireball (s.SP is also doable but cr. SP is MUCH more consistent for me)

are those correct?

Link combos such as J.RH, s.SP, cr.RH or j.RH, s.SP, s.FP work on all characters, also her b'nb works on everyone in the corner.

anything I'm missing?
    Strats against Guile and Shotos

Hey guys. I was reading NKI's excellent Chun-Li wiki guide, and I really am learning a ton from it. :clap:

But can someone please provide some strategies against Guile and the Shotos? (NKI, I'm looking to you to complete the guide :wink: )

The guide says she has advantages over Guile, does fairly against Ken, and has a hard time against Ryu. I can probably understand some stuff to do against Ken, but I'm having a major difficulty against Guile.

Against Guile, I have a hard time getting close, since he can keep Chun away with sonic booms, his crouching kicks, and his flash kicks. He also puts pressure by j.fwd mk. Then I feel totally pressured in the corner as he throws more sonic booms, which sucks because she has to charge fireballs or turtle.

And Ryu... Well, it's Ryu. :sweat: Any help there?

Thanks in advance!
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    same here i have a really hard time against guiles any tips you can give us NKI?
    If he's throwing booms from far away you can easily j.forward to close the gap, keep him in block stun with cr.forward, s.strong, if you can bait a flash kick faking a walk up throw, knock him down (fireball, upkicks, sweep, whatever), then df+roundhouse all day, beats flashkick clean and crosses him up.
    Watch out for his cr.forward since it has longer range than yours, also j.roundhouse has crazy range so don't get sloppy with your fireballs, and of course if he's throwing booms from close distance, don't throw fireballs or you'll eat a backfist to the face.
    And of course, if you see him crouching, don't jump at him :looney:

I play it simple, don't try to predict fireballs, not only cause if they fake it out they'll flash kick you, but chances are he'll be able to recover in time, not worth it, if you really have to jump at him do it on reaction and remember head stomp beats everything he has when he has no low charge. Should be Chun's match really.
    Random thought on Chun vs. Guile: as far as I can tell, Guile has the potential to do standing anti-air against all of Chun's most common jumping attacks from medium-far range. If he can position himself perfectly, he can do a s.far strong at just the right moment and distance so that the second hitting sprite (arm extended in the air) barely connects with jumping Chun's hitbox. This will cleanly beat her j.short, j.forward, j.RH, and j.fierce. Her j.jab and j.strong seem to randomly trade.

Luckily, it seems only the very best Guile players know about and can execute this consistently, but if they do, it can make a barrage of Sonic Booms a lot more intimidating, and you can't just rely on being able to j.forward over his Booms on reaction from long range.
    I have some catching up to do...:confused:

Hopefully tomorrow...
    It was a fun ten years.

Random thought on Chun vs. Guile: as far as I can tell, Guile has the potential to do standing anti-air against all of Chun's most common jumping attacks from medium-far range. If he can position himself perfectly, he can do a s.far strong at just the right moment and distance so that the second hitting sprite (arm extended in the air) barely connects with jumping Chun's hitbox. This will cleanly beat her j.short, j.forward, j.RH, and j.fierce. Her j.jab and j.strong seem to randomly trade.

Luckily, it seems only the very best Guile players know about and can execute this consistently, but if they do, it can make a barrage of Sonic Booms a lot more intimidating, and you can't just rely on being able to j.forward over his Booms on reaction from long range.

Sure, I meant j. forward from real far away, if he's from the other side of the screen, you can close the gap (you won't hit him) and he can't do much against it.
    Or use j. forward over booms if you are forced to jump in, to avoid time out loss or whatever. You shouldn't be jumping much against Guile, even if he can't anti-air you he'll probably block anyway.
    I admit I didn't know of s.strong beating Chun's jump ins (any vids?), I'm still 99% sure it can't beat head stomps though, can you confirm?
    Yeah, I didn't mean to be a downer or anything. I'm no expert or anything, and I thought your strats were helpful to read. :tup:
    I admit I didn't know of s.strong beating Chun's jump ins (any vids?)
    Ha, that makes two of us; I didn't know about it either for the longest time. It's pretty obscure (well, unless you're a pro or something) and extremely difficult to do, but it's like this:

b1741b3d.png

You can see it in videos like vs. Muteki video[/url] at 1:02 or [url= at 5:21.
    I meant j. forward from real far away, if he's from the other side of the screen, you can close the gap (you won't hit him) and he can't do much against it.

Haha, actually, I hate to be so disagreeable :bgrin:, but I think Guile has one tricky tactic here too, namely trying to make her land on a c.forward:

c5e78903.png

In the at 2:56, poor Chun does j.forward from far away and takes the low hit. You can also see this sequence clearly at 3:41, though the kick in that one is a hair late and Chun lands in time to block. Guile can also try this tactic of making Chun land on a c.forward if she jumps straight up (over a Boom or whatever). Of course, this is quite difficult for Guile to do, especially 'cause his c.forward comes out moderately slowly, but it is possible.

And yeah, you're absolutely right in that Chun Li's head stomp will beat either one of these moves. If Guile gets good at anticipating and punishing that too, then you have a guessing game.
    Wow... I'm not jumping ever again against Guile.
    Heh, well, I don't think it's that bad at all given the all the factors -- the obscurity of the moves (especially the s.far strong), the extreme speed and precision required to execute them (if Muteki can't always pull them off, how are your random opponents going to?), the fact that you can always throw him for a loop with the Head Stomp like you mentioned, or the option to roll the dice with j.jab or j.strong against his s.far strong. I might be overlooking things, too. I think you might argue that this is dangerously close to Theory Fighter for most players and not really of much practical importance.

It's just that if his air defense is extra tight, the focus turns to the ground. And I think that's not necessarily the easiest thing in the world either if he wants to turn into a Sonic Boom factory, especially if he can whip them out one after another very fast. It's hard to advance from middle range or farther against it, and getting into a fireball war has to be done with caution. He can punish you with j.RH from any range, whereas it's much harder for you to do the same, 'cause Chun's jump is so much slower. On the other hand, you're building meter when trading fireballs, so if you're good with the super...

Again, that's just my 2 tokens. Don't take me too seriously; it's much better to listen to people who don't suck. :wgrin:
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    POST #68....

What an excellent post and reply. What a way to educate and back up you statements.

WOW. :tup:

Raisin raisng the bar :pray:.. + rep
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
    Excellent posts, Raisin. :tup:
    Hey, could someone make a list of what anti-airs are good against what characters?
    http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Chun-Li_%28ST%29#Anti-air
    It's not as simple as "use jump straight up Short against Blanka" or whatever, because she has to use different normals depending on the distance and height, and possibly what move the opponent is doing.

Against Claw, jump straight up Short and upkicks both work well.
    One last thing, don't ever use upkicks against vega(claw)'s jumpins, but you probably already noticed that.
    Hrm? Why not...? That's probably my main anti air against Claw...:confused:
    I need some help on midscreen combos on dizzied opponents.
    I know I can do j.RH, s.SP, cr.RH but I'd rather use some non-link combos
    Why's that? If it works, use it! :tup:
    But can someone please provide some strategies against Guile and the Shotos? (NKI, I'm looking to you to complete the guide :wink: )
    Maybe this weekend I'll have time to sit down and write it all out.

I'm fairly sure that Guile has no good anti air against Chun's max range j.Forward. Out of all the Guile's I've ever played (including Muteki), none of them have ever beaten it cleanly. (In the video Raisin linked to, Kita was too far away when he jumped, so his j.Forward whiffed.)
    It was a fun ten years.

http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Chun-Li_%28ST%29#Anti-air
    It's not as simple as "use jump straight up Short against Blanka" or whatever, because she has to use different normals depending on the distance and height, and possibly what move the opponent is doing.

Against Claw, jump straight up Short and upkicks both work well.

Yeah, I got that ("It's not as simple as...")...I just don't have steady enough competition to point myself in the right direction, and it seems like the CPU claw can just jump in all day, so it wasn't much use to play the computer and find out...In any case, thanks a ton!

Oh, while I'm posting, I have another question: Why J.Forward in so many situations, instead of J.Short? It seems like J.Short beats a lot more stuff...Besides the ability to cross-up, what's the deal with J.Forward?

NKI wrote:
    Hrm? Why not...? That's probably my main anti air against Claw...:confused:
    Really? I always lose to Vega's j. fierce if he jumps from pretty close, so that he hits your head, am I doing it to early?
    Why's that? If it works, use it! :tup:
    Yeah, if I could do it 100% of the time I'd definitely use it because of the knockdown, but it's not that easy so I'd rather use some non-link combos, oh well... back to training.

Oh yeah, thanks to Raisin for the heads up.
    I understand you not wanting to rely on that link combo. You could just practice it (I know I should) untill you get it down or use...

j. RH, s. FP xx fireball

..insted. You probably know about it already but it's my dizzy combo of choice. It doesn't knockover and leaves them at a distance (which probably isn't what you want) but it does good damage and if they're dizzied it'll near enough finish them off. Plus you can store the super during the fireball.
    Yo man, I know that, the problem is that combo doesn't work on everyone mid-screen, dic, guile to name a few, unless I'm doing something wrong but I don't think that's the case, a few posts above I made a list of the combos (non link) I came up for every char and I would have liked someone to confirm that.
    Anyway I can nail j.roundhouse, s.strong, cr.roundhouse about 50% of the time now, I'm getting there I guess.
    I figured that you'd already know it already but I thought I'd post anyway. I didn't realise that it missed certain characters. What I would say though is do it on everyone that it hits and just go for the link on everyone else. There isn't really another good damage, easy combo that's universal I don't think. You could replace the cr. RH with s. FP which I think is a little bit easier but again doesn't knock down.

actually j. RH, s. SP xx fireball hit's on both of those characters, it's really easy and does about 40% anyway. If you don't have the link down go for that insted. It's better than missing the link.
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    I always do the link combo, i don't really bother with the other one. I get it consistently, and prefer the knockdown. Also you can set up a throw /c.rh mixup after the close strong if you want too.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • jchensorjchensor Salty Chen Joined: Posts: 1,934 admin
    Really? I always lose to Vega's j. fierce if he jumps from pretty close, so that he hits your head, am I doing it to early?

Which Razor Kick are you doing with Chun? Short has, by far, the most invincibility.
    Yeah, if I could do it 100% of the time I'd definitely use it because of the knockdown, but it's not that easy so I'd rather use some non-link combos, oh well... back to training.

Isn't Jump Fierce, Fierce XX Lightning Kick the best Combo for Chun Li? That what I usually go for, even though I mess it up a lot. :rofl: But that one works on everyone, I'm pretty sure, does good damage, and leaves you in a decent distance.

- James
    http://jchensor.blogspot.com
    http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)
    Which Razor Kick are you doing with Chun? Short has, by far, the most invincibility.
    I'm using short yeah, that's the only one I use as an antiair.
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it looks to me like the red hitbox is on Chun's legs during the invincibility frames, so if he's over my head he won't get hit and he can hit me as soon as my invicibility is over and I'm in a non-hitting frame (http://nki.combovideos.com/ST/tenshyoukyaku.jpg).
    But if you guys say it works, I'll definitely look closer into it.
    Isn't Jump Fierce, Fierce XX Lightning Kick the best Combo for Chun Li? That what I usually go for, even though I mess it up a lot. :rofl: But that one works on everyone, I'm pretty sure, does good damage, and leaves you in a decent distance.
    I didn't consider that, but I'm assuming it works on the same chars j.fierce, s.forward xx lightning legs works on, which again isn't everyone, anyway I tried it against another Chun, which is the one who gives me the most trouble (other than Chun's mirror matches being terrible for me, but that's another story), and lightning legs seem to miss, I once got crossup j.fierce, backwards s.fierce xx backwards lightning legs for a 3 hit combo, but don't ask me how:sweat:
    Anyway this is just nitpicking, I'll go back to practicing that damn link and in the meantime I'll use the combos I posted earlier.
    I'm also interested in how you pull that combo, it's the first time I really practiced it, what I did was jump, press fierce+forward together, land, mash fierce+forward, works ok on Zangief. Also, is there any difference in damage using short instead? It comes out much more easily.
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    yea the timing for it is really weird cause sometimes i'll start mashing the kicks too ealry so i dont get shit out then i get thrown >.>
    Why J.Forward in so many situations, instead of J.Short? It seems like J.Short beats a lot more stuff...Besides the ability to cross-up, what's the deal with J.Forward?
    Actually j.Forward has the bigger hit box, so j.Forward beats a lot more stuff than j.Short. (This is also the reason why it's easier to use j.Forward for a cross-up.)
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it looks to me like the red hitbox is on Chun's legs during the invincibility frames, so if he's over my head he won't get hit and he can hit me as soon as my invicibility is over and I'm in a non-hitting frame
    Yeah, you gotta have your distance right. If he's jumping from that close, just take a step forward (to walk under him, because he has nothing to cross you up with) and throw him when he lands.
    Also, is there any difference in damage using short instead? It comes out much more easily.
    For lightning legs, Short does one percent less than Forward, which does one percent less than RH.
    It was a fun ten years.

Updated the Wiki with Chun vs. Guile:
    http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Chun-Li_%28ST%29#Vs._Guile

It's just a primer, so let me know what you think is missing.
    It was a fun ten years.