What REALLY makes Akuma Broke?

geadomgeadom Reversal Counter HitJoined: Posts: 1,084
Besides his air fireball? (and what charas are more affected by this?)

Just Curious..:wonder:
"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best

Comments

• KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Air fireball is all he needs frankly.
    90% of the roster can't do shit against it.
    Just run away and air fireball until you win or time runs out. If they somehow manage to get in, he's got all the shoto tools plus a teleport to get himself away again.

The only character I can think of that wouldn't really be affected is Claw.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • SoundatronSoundatron Energon Guzzler Joined: Posts: 518
    He's broken cause he wears balls around his neck
    SSFIV - Claw (II), Juri (II)
    3S - Twelve (I), Necro (I/III)
    HD - Claw
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    Not to mention his damage is fucking ridiculous, even for ST.
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hes got a faster walk speed

Lots of juggle potential

Best cornertrap in the game, (kara cancelling his 3hit fireballs)
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    ... you can't stun him.
  • Fasty McNastyFasty McNasty YOU ARE SHOCK! Joined: Posts: 725
    Air fireball is good, no question. Red fireball traps are nice, and so are his juggles. But his defense isnt good, and he doesnt do damage outside of his juggles. Air fireballs do pitiful damage. I've seen more vids of Akuma players losing that winning.
    "You know T. Hawk's stage in ST? My house is like two blocks down from that." - Chief Eddie Drunkcino

"i see toan writing this with a feather ink quill.... and he sends it with a wax seal by carriage with white horses." - Johnny Blueberry
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    ... you can't stun him.

Wait, you can't? :rofl:
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 981
    Wait, you can't? :rofl:
    Yep, it's true. If he gets dizzied, he'll fall down and get the spinning stars or birds or whatever, but as soon as he gets up, he'll automatically regain control rather than actually going into the standing dizzied state.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    If you dizzy him, you can still get a meaty attack for free right? So you can combo him sometimes, but there will be a lot of situations where you can't get to him fast enough. If you dizzy him with a fireball from across the screen, for example.
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    He's broken cause he wears balls around his neck

And, he wears fucking sandals... man those sandals must give him juggling properties...
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • DeskDesk ハイパー・ディーサイド・デスク Joined: Posts: 705
    You can't even meaty him after a stun, it has absolutely no possitive effect. The only effect it has is preventing you from juggling him (if you had him in a combo before he was stunned)
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    yeah, sandals give that juggle+ one could think Ken with all that money could buy a pair of those
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Necro thread rises again.

Kind of cool seeing an old ass post from geadom though. Didn't know he was that OG.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Since when 7 years ago = OG? Pre-SF4, sure, but definitely not OG.
    Fine. No OG like James Chen, but more OG than 09ers or whatever you want to call them. Either way, been around a long time.
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Actually, i lurked since 2001 or something, opened an account (that i never used and forgot the pass), and opened a new one in 04 or something, lol. Im just more the reading type, and dont like to post that much.

On topic: Can Akuma also do the air tatsu unblockable that O.Ryu and O.Ken got, btw?
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    Yes.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    wow, as if his other tools werent enough to make him broken he also gets unblockable air tatsu + juggable after hitting with it LOL
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Now you understand why he's banned from competitive play, lol. Claw's got nothing on Akuma.
    I meant that phrase as "Claw isn't nearly as over-powering a character as Akuma." Claw's a pretty damn good character. Which means Akuma is beyond all hope when it comes to competitive balance.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Akuma borrowed money from old school and never paid him back. On top of that, akuma stole old schools gf. Lolsaltlolz.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    Leave the past where it belongs!
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    It's funny, because some random guy recently was asking in casuals about akuma. We knew everything we had but wewere choosing him to show the guy for shits and giggles. And as we were playing we realized we were missing so much broken stuff that we were rediscovering as we were playing. there's too many bullshit strategies with akuma that are just way too strong. if one fails you have like 4 ways to regain your footing and try again, and if it still doesn't work you have like 5 other brpken strategies you can try.
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    I'm just gonna leave these here.

"See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    First time I reached Akuma on an arcade cab was jokes. I did a Shinkuu, he ate one hit then teleported through the rest and fucked me up.
    eltrouble wrote: »
    I meant that phrase as "Claw isn't nearly as over-powering a character as Akuma." Claw's a pretty damn good character. Which means Akuma is beyond all hope when it comes to competitive balance.

I say we introduce something like ST akuma in terms of balance into some of these newer games... Show them what something REALLY should be before even being considered for banning. Put things in perspective

I havent followed ST for about a year and other games for even longer. But then i heard about chris Gs morrigan and doom shit and the hate hes getting im thinking tey really have no reason to complain that much yet... And its also the kind of bullshit that ST thrives on.
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
    People aren't used to encountering extremely powerful characters or shells that actually take WORK to figure out how to overcome. This is nothing new to old-school gamers, since we didn't have a patch to rely on to change the game. This is different with the SF4 and newer generations that are used to constantly seeing games change based on how loud scrubby 14-year-olds whine about it.
    edited June 2013
    Exactly. Why work to overcome a matchup? Itll get easier after the next patch.

Why work to develop a new strategy? If i win too much with it. It wont work after the next patch.

It doesnt help when i fall behind on a game and try to catch up either. You dont know what information is outdated or not. I can never "catch up" like i did wih ST. Or right now vampire savior. When i find information, i know it has value or is applicable to the game. Because it hasnt changed.

New school kids seem to think balances within a year is perfectly fine because "the game evolves faster than before" because of the spread of information. Except that thats not entirely true. Its not just information. People need to put the information to practice. And they have to practice it. Alot. Against human players. And they also need to give time for more strategies to develop. As well as counter-counter strategies. And all these things need to interact with each other. A lot. On a high level.

I bet chris Gs team will be nerfed. Which sucks becausethats the kind of team and gameplay that can make a game evolve and have greater depth. Peoplenwill say but everyone will choose that team. I say LET THEM. You need many people whove mastered that team so until someone...

You know. His rambling has given me so many things I want tonarticulate in an article. Similar ideas thatbhave been around since forever but articulated differently. With examples and illustrations and predictions. Ill probably type it up at home and post on another forum for feedback agree/dissagree when inget home andnhave a proper keyboard tontypebwith rather than this crummy touch screen...

Yes. Mvc2 has only a few viable teams. But it ended upnthat way after years and years of competitive play. The best players i think always have been up to date with the newest information. Mvc2 wasnt exacly so far back that information mainlynpassed throug word of mouth and isolated in communities. Bah. Rambling again and more typos because if this screen. Ill stfu till i get home since this is off topic anyway.
    Post edited by Unessential on
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,033
    Nothing really makes him broken unless he dizzies you because he doesn't have a dizzy animation... I challenge all Akumas!!!
  • hanasuhanasu Joined: Posts: 130
    Never really understood why people get so fixated on not being able to be stunned instead of the myriad other bullshit he has.

Twitter | Twitch | Youtube
    New school kids seem to think balances within a year is perfectly fine because "the game evolves faster than before" because of the spread of information. Except that thats not entirely true.
    This is not true at all. In the very first place, the number of people actively playing SF4 is less than 1/10th of the people playing SF2 20 years ago. And offline play is mostly dead.
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    Since the thread's been necro'd, I'm a little surprised his ridiculous normal moves didn't make the list here.
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Really? Majority of Akuma's normals are Old Ryu's normals as well.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    jedpossum wrote: »
    Huh. I guess I have HDR on the brain. O. Ryu can jump kick people out of uppercuts too.
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
    Rufus wrote: »
    jedpossum wrote: »
    Huh. I guess I have HDR on the brain. O. Ryu can jump kick people out of uppercuts too.

yes, at max range. we affectionately call it the "Damdai" kick. Since he uses it so effectively.

hi rufus, long time no see buddy.
    Ah shit..    
    yes, at max range. we affectionately call it the "Damdai" kick. Since he uses it so effectively.
    Actually, it's pretty standard. It's basic CPS-1 stuff that you can not punish those after jumping over a projectile. The difference is you whiff the SRK entirely in CPS-1 SF2. It must be used in such situations (when they can't move) because you get countered by all characters if you jump in honestly from that distance and they are free to move.

I better start putting more miles on my akuma.
    Ah shit..    
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,084
    damm, nigga is so broken he has CvS2 far invencible-tip RH PLUS an invencible st. forward and an ass broken fireball too...