[FORSALE] Custom Arcade Joystick(s)

Comments

• Dreaded FistDreaded Fist Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Ronin: Don't worry about it man. Let me know whenever you're ready.

Toad, L1/2 R1/2 to L/R respectively is the common conversion of most converters.

If I remember right you stick was:
    [ ] /\ L1 L2
    X O R1 R2

right?

http://stores.ebay.com/Game-Soft-Inc_DREAMCAST-DC_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

those converters will work with that layout.

You might wanna try www.levelsix.com and www.gocybershop.ca as well.

Any converters you get except the Innovation branded one will work. The Innovation one has a memory slot on the controller plug.
    www.phongworks.com
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    hey DF i was wondering if u can get ur hands on some coloured plexi
    Nope sorry Raymond. My sister asked me the same thing so she can make some shelves.
    www.phongworks.com
    Hey Dreaded I came here from a link Ronin dropped on another forum. I really like your work. I tried to get the jist of what you do but Im still a little to confused. Just a few questions. You make the stick using PS2 pads, right? So then a converter is need to play on Xbox correct? And do you allow custom skins on the sticks themselves? Thanks.
    yes to all your questions but I'm not sure what you mean by custom skins. If by that you mean the artwork on the top, then yes.
    www.phongworks.com
    yes to all your questions but I'm not sure what you mean by custom skins. If by that you mean the artwork on the top, then yes.
    Yes, I meant artwork. Thanks, I think Ill send you a email soon with details just one more question (sorry to be a bother). I asked about needing an Xbox converter but do you have one for sale alogn with the sticks. Thanks again.
    I have the joyboxes, but the memory slot doesn't work with the headset, only memory cards.
    www.phongworks.com
    Email sent. I don't really have any ideas for the box artwork so I was wondering if you could just come up with something CVS2 or GGX2 related? Or do I have to give you some art?
    sup.

question:

if i were to send you a joystick, with a PCB in it, and a dual shock controller, or a PSX controller... how much would you charge me to replace it? and also, i have that diagonal problem with the stick. so how much to do that little carve thing you talked about? i tried that, but it still isn't as sensitive as i would like it to be

just tell me how much you'll charge for the service, and i'll send u the stick, and money for shipping back to me. that is... if you'll do it

thanks

hit me up on AIM or email

AIM = m1x4h
    email = mixahfrombk@yahoo.com

later
    hey man. The diagonal thing turned out to be a resistor problem and that's something I've never done. That is for a 360 right? I don't think I can't do anything about the 360 problem if that's what you're saying. But for the rest , to change pcb $30 should do it, including UPS shipping back to you with $200 insurance.
    www.phongworks.com
    wait, so if i ship it, with $30, what's this $200 thing? i don't get it.. lolz

and the thing with the p360 that i'm talking aobut.... somebody said if you shave off part of that little doily on the inside, the thing will read it easier, and the diagonal will work properly.
    wait, so if i ship it, with $30, what's this $200 thing? i don't get it.. lolz

Liability insurance. You give the Post Office like $5 and they insure your package against any damages that it may incur while in transit. Otherwise, you are solely responsible if it should get fucked up somehow. No matter what. So for $5, if anything happens and (you can prove it!!!), they give you $200 to cover the damages.
    well in theory, shaving will make it more sensitive. But if you have a faulty 360 to begin with, the problem lies in the resistor. So shaving won't eliminate that. The $200 thing means I'll buy $200 of insurance when I ship the stick back to you. So it's covered.

You can find my address and all the payment options on the first page of this thread.
    www.phongworks.com
    arite, cool. i'll do it after i get back to school. so about two weeks from now.

as for the insurance.. ok, i was just making sure that wasn't another $200 that i had to pay. lol
  • Sex)packetsSex)packets the king is back! Joined: Posts: 453
    hey df check your pm, thx.
    Nope sorry Raymond. My sister asked me the same thing so she can make some shelves.
    You might be able to find it through here:
    http://www.cyro.com/Internet/Home.nsf/Main2!OpenPage
    Just go to the 'Sheet Distributors' page (under the Distributors section of course) and enter your zip code (and you have to put United States in the country field too) It will give you a listing of plexiglas/acrylic sheet distributors around you, most of which will have (or have access to) transparent and translucent plexiglas in multiple colors. :D

BTW, the stuff I'm referring to is also known as Acrylite GP.
    Just trying to get my order sorted out and i'm wondering if anyone in here can help me out with something:

I'm after converters for the PC and Gamecube that will run properly with dual-shock based sticks. If anyone's had any experience running the PS2 sticks on these systems i'd appreciate some advice. URL's for suppliers would be lovely too, particularly if anyone knows UK suppliers, but i'm not completely adverse to importing.
    I run one of df's sticks on pc with a radio shack psx>usb adapter and it runs fine with no lag. I dont know if you have any radio shack's in the UK, so here's a link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=26-304

For the record, the EMS USB2 adapter did not work for me with guilty gear, i'm not sure about other games.
  • ShinJNShinJN President/COO & Co-Founder of Level Up, LLC, Event & Stream Director/Producer, Old School Tech Talk Joined: Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yea, the EMS USB2 doesn't like the GGXX#r PC game. It constantly triggers the DOWN direction. I have no idea why. Sucks that it does because that adapter is one of the top ones.
    Jimmy Nguyen
    Level Up, LLC - COO, CFO, CTO, Tech/Production/Stream/Event Director - www.levelup-productions.com, www.levelup-series.com
    The Bear: Wiring Gone Wild - http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/2409761/#Comment_2409761
  • UtsutsuUtsutsu Joined: Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey DF check you email.
  • DarkZeroDarkZero is playing VF5!!! Joined: Posts: 1,262
    Hey guys if you want to buy a stick, buy a stick from DF. He is the best. I have two of them and they still work amazing. You won't be disappointed. Thanks again for the sticks DF!! :clap:
    I'm your master. Pain is a state of mind and I don't mind your pain.
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    I'm gonna be getting a stick from you in the near future DF. These sticks are just too damn sweet to pass up!! :tup:
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
  • TeyahTeyah Return of the Dragon Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Hey DF, just sent you an email with some questions. i'm interesting in getting one of these famous sticks...

Thanks
    I see in frames IRL
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    Just to get some extra input I'll ask here, who else has tried the different x-box converters for DF's sticks? I just got a dreambox and it has horrible horrible lag, so that was a bust. What should be my next try, any of you who use one of DF's masterful pieces of work?

Any help is much appriciated.
    No one cares Syxx.
    I have already bought a stick from DF before. What can I say, Im going purchase another one.

As for converters, I have a dreambox and works fine on my xbox with no lag. I have tried the magicbox but it sucks, it only works when it wants to.
  • akuma001akuma001 cut it Joined: Posts: 759 mod
    when i bought my stick from df i also ordered an adaptor for my xbox from him to go with it and he gave me an xjoybox which works great.
    Klaige, I think the dreambox didn't work for you because your stick is a digital gut. At the time when I recommended it, I have had success with them and digital pads. But it looks like they were manufactured different after that or something and provide the lag with digital pads. I'll talk to a friend and see if he can get me a converter from fry's that'll work with the digital pad however.

Also I just found out something odd about the joyboxes. They seem to only work with dualshock sticks with a switch stick, thats what you have akuma001.
    www.phongworks.com
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    Just another reason why DF is a great guy to deal with, going out of his way to find a converter for me. While he does that though I've been reading that magic boxes work well with digital sticks. I've even read of people putting their dreamcast converters on digital sticks and then putting the converter into the magic box for some solid results. Can anyone confirm or deny how well the magicbox works?
    No one cares Syxx.
    Just got the stick, and it came EXACTLY like I wanted. Another beautiful masterpiece from DF. Thanks so much.
    i want to make a stick but the only thing i dont kno is where to solder the wires...how do u kno where to solder them...where could i see a pic of them? Also, would the stick mess up if i had two cords (ps2 and dc) so i dont have to have a converter?
    each button has a ground, and a signal side. Solder the signal wire to the signal side, and ground to ground. You can daisy chain the ground. Look in the official stick thread for more info man. This really isn't the right thread to be asking.
    www.phongworks.com
    Check your e-mail snake.
    Just got my stick DF and its great!! Turned out perfect. Its been said many times, but I'll say it again: BUY A STICK FROM DREADED FIST!
    everyone, my comcast mail server has decided to......not work. So I'm having trouble replying to emails. Give me awhile to sort this out.
    www.phongworks.com
    do your sticks work on pc also?
    with the right converter, yes
    www.phongworks.com
    Hey DF, check you PM.
  • doujinshi_2001doujinshi_2001 Superman That Ho Joined: Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    L1qu1d wrote:
    do your sticks work on pc also?

Yeah I got a stick from him with Dual Shock PCB and it works beautifully

I'm using radioshack converter
    Niggas got carlos canceled two days in a row. - Adam Warlock
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 5242 4130 9548
  • DraegerDraeger Joined: Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey guys, I just got my joystick from DF and it works perfectly and the quality of his work is absolutely top-notch. If you buy a stick, buy it from this guy.
  • Spider_StingSpider_Sting Eternal SRK Post God Joined: Posts: 420
    Got my stick today!! GREAT WORK !!!

Heres a pic I took right when I took it out of the box...

Highly Recomended... shit is awesome!! obviously, as all new sticks I think it needs some breaking in though cuz some motions seem a bit hard, but I'm pretty sure thats normal.

Thanks DF.
    Shoryuken.com's Original Post God.