[FORSALE] Custom Arcade Joystick(s)

Comments

• Dreaded FistDreaded Fist Joined: Posts: 1,920
    the happ sticks won't fit on the small boxes either but if you really want to go that route. I can make them a bit taller.
    www.phongworks.com
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    thanks

well, it looks like i'm going another route and going for a sanwa stick...i'm making the switch to ball-tops....

a few more questions (along with the email i sent you) and i should be good to go...

1. do your sanwa stick prices include the plexi and art?
    2. if i'm only going to be playing this on my xbox (i'm buying a converter from you as well), should i get the digital psx pcb or the dualshock pcb?
    3. not sure whether to get the small model or the standard size...i'm probably going to be alternating using this thing on my lap and on a coffee table...so a)is the standard size model small enough for me to put on my lap, or b)is the small model big enough that it wouldn't move around while i'm playing with it on a table?
    4. i'm looking at the himura amusements site...i'm assuming you're using the model JLF-TP-8Y for the stick? i've also heard a lot of good things about the sanwa optical flash sticks but i can't find them on the site...how much on top would that be, and do you think the cost is worth it? i'm pretty much willing to spend whatever it takes to get a quality stick....
    5. would i be able to get my ball-top on an octagonal gate instead of a square gate?

thanks again
    oh, and can someone help me out with the background art? it's nothing big....i like one of the backgrounds that DF has on his site, and all i want to do is switch out some of the characters and put in other ones...i already know what images i want to use...
  • Christ0pherChrist0pher Huh? What's that? Joined: Posts: 610
    1. yes the art and plexi are included. at least for mine they were.
    2. The digital doesn't work on all converters whereas the dualshock does.
    3. I'm getting the smaller model myself but I really don't think it will matter.
    not sure about the other 2 questions.
  • vlkyrvlkyr wot Joined: Posts: 26
    4. well they were about 50 dollars before they updated the site. dunno where it went though
    5. yeah, you can change them out easily by yourself or just ask him
  • Sex)packetsSex)packets the king is back! Joined: Posts: 453
    according to tha-darkside flash sticks have been discontinued so I dont think you can order them from himura anymore.
    thanks for the help....i'll just email him the other questions....
    yo DF, hows my stick doing dude? peace.
    Waiting sucks ass. Oh well it will all be worth it in the end.
  • Golba lovesGolba loves Joined: Posts: 1,134
    Hey did u get my email DF?
    Team Napkin: Rogue/Cable/Commando
    http://www.facebook.com/deadlybisonentertainment
    clock I sent your stick yesterday you should get it tomorrow. Dee, your's next week.

Golba loves: I believe I have. Check your email.
    www.phongworks.com
    DF i juss sent u the art when ur done with mine can u post some pics?
    :sad: Still no stick :sad:
    clock, thats really odd. I sent yours out on wednesday with delivery confirmation. I've been checking it and all it says it the post office has been notify of your shipment. If anything it should be there on monday. Did usps sent you a tracking email?

if they haven't, the tracking is.

0103 8555 7494 1478 4432

www.usps.com
    www.phongworks.com
    Yeah, they sent me one. I was just hoping it would be here when I got off of work today. Oh well, another day and a half won't kill me.
    Hey DF, hows my stick coming along?
    :clap: :tup: :encore: :party: :wow:
    I got my stick today and it is fuckin' beautiful! *sniff* :sad: Every single thing about it is just perfect. A true work of art.I can't wait to show it off. :badboy:

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I just have one small question: When I play MvC2 on my dreamcast only the first assist comes out when I press either assist button. Any ideas on why?

THANKS
    What kind of console adapter are you using?
    I'm using the innovation adapter
    Clock can u post some pic of ur stick? :tup:
    thast the reason why, clock. You need a non-innovation adapter. If I'd known that i'd map the buttons out right. Any other dc converter will work. The Innovation is the only one I know that maps it like that l1/r1=L, L2/R2=R.

I mapped yours with fierce=L1, Rh=R1. You can desolder the R1 and solder that to L2 and you'll be good to go. Although I believe I used an A-series dualshock so desolering/soldering will be a bit hard. if you don't want to do that, just remove the qd's from the buttons, and send me the ds psb and the sanwa stick pcb and I'll remap it for you.

Mage 25. I'm shipping all sticks tomorrow and wednesday.
    www.phongworks.com
    Tommorow and wednesday eh? I can't wait for mine.
    thast the reason why, clock. You need a non-innovation adapter. If I'd known that i'd map the buttons out right. Any other dc converter will work. The Innovation is the only one I know that maps it like that l1/r1=L, L2/R2=R.

I mapped yours with fierce=L1, Rh=R1. You can desolder the R1 and solder that to L2 and you'll be good to go. Although I believe I used an A-series dualshock so desolering/soldering will be a bit hard. if you don't want to do that, just remove the qd's from the buttons, and send me the ds psb and the sanwa stick pcb and I'll remap it for you.

What kind of adapter do you recommend?
    and wassabbi I would love to post a pic but I don't have a camera :sad:
    any except the innovation really.

Theres one on ebay that has a side memory card slot, i forgot the name of it though.
    www.phongworks.com
    Ok then I'm gonna go and get the total control plus adapter. I think thats the one you were talking about. Oh, did you happen to take a pic of my stick before you sent it out? Just asking for wassabbi.
    Nah I didn't take one. I'll take pics if people ask in the future. But they really have the same boxes,just different layout/button colors/artwork and that should be easy to imagine.
    www.phongworks.com
  • True_TechTrue_Tech dragon the body Joined: Posts: 2,742 mod
    we want pictures anyway so we can oo and awe
    I just remembered that my friend has a digital camera that I might be able to use...hopefully.

Mine too? and i would like a pic of mine :tup:
    wassabbi, which one are you?
    www.phongworks.com
  • oldtimeroldtimer Joined: Posts: 123
    Hey DF, Im about ready to order a stick from you, but your thumbnail page is down. Anywhere else i can look for graphics for a new stick?
    Whoa you can do pics? Can I see mine please? Mine was the six button Happ controller with the white buttons and the red art. thanks
    On the order form he sends out theres a link to some of the artwork he/others have done. Thats where I picked mine from.
    guys, please tell me your names. Some of these forms have no srk handle on them. I have no idea who everyone is.
    www.phongworks.com
    Oh, Sorry. I'm Chugi T.
    Ok. That wasn't directly toward you though. I just checked yoru form again and you do have you srk sn on there. Sorry about that.

I'll take all the pics and post them at the end of tomorrow.
    www.phongworks.com
    LOL sorry about that DF mine is the one with Kill Bill Art on it
    I'd like to see how far my stick is coming alont too (I just ordered it Saturday so it can't be that far but still).

Mine is the one with a silouette (sp?) of Iori with my handle in the bottom right-hand corner.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,434
    DF I have probably read nearly half of these post and I hear you're that damn good at custom sticks. I have a few questions 'bout your sticks and stuff so I'll just email my questions. It's L902215@netzero.com
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    i just wanted to co-sign what a lot of people have been saying about df's work. i got my custom sanwa about 1.5 weeks ago and the thing is a work of art. the workmanship is really professionally done and the stick performs perfectly.

so anyone looking to get a custom stick, go to df. you won't be sorry.