Everdred Teaches Remy

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    after the quoted one
    I got to meet Dagger G yesterday who traveled to Cali from Hawaii...Some really good remy matches with him. We participated in a tourney, and he managed to bait a chun SAII with a sonic boom, and right when she did her SAII he did his SAII and combo'd her, the audience was like :O I joked around that he would get Pyro as his first match...and what do you know he did (sorry man, didn't mean to jinx u! :P )
    cool shit. dagger g came to cali. right on. im assuming no one recorded any matches. cuz that would make too much sense....fuck i miss 3s. how did the match v pyro go?

dagger, thoughts about the match:
    I was actually going to record them, but couldn't find my camera's charger....i don't know where the fuck it is...so yea :/, also It's kind of crowded to have a camera and try to recorrd without being in someone's way or having someone be in your way.

About the match v pyro...umm yea I'll let dagger g tell you about it (hint: didn't go good...at all....)
    Ok, the matches at WC qualifier were recorded...check the new FFA thread for updates, these are the 3 on 3 matches...(i didn't get to watch these), but they are "PRE WC4", so I think these were from earlier in the week....ehh im confused
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Hey there just wanted to know what combos into his Crouching HP. I've managed Jumping HK-->Crouching HP, so what other stuff work?
    Also are there any 'set-ups' for his :hp:+:hk:?
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    nothing combos into his crouching HP, there was a thread about this before that was laughed at, so yea, don't bother trying. Unless who you were playing doesn't know how to block, that shouldn't have combo'd.
  • Dagger_GDagger_G Joined: Posts: 326
    I got trashed by pyro. First time I played against someone of that calibur, AND it was in a tourny. On the upside I got a chance to demonstrate the chun saII bait on watson. People are real good up there.
  • EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    iwst99 wrote:
    nothing combos into his crouching HP, there was a thread about this before that was laughed at, so yea, don't bother trying. Unless who you were playing doesn't know how to block, that shouldn't have combo'd.

jump fierce combos into cr fierce

Dagger G

Wow, that's really cool. Dude you'll do better next time and maybe you won't have to face pyro so early.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • lotuslotus Puddin Pops Joined: Posts: 1,573
    i can't find the thread

iwst99 post up the url for the video thanks
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    While serving in the world;
    Illuminate the path
    According to your inner light.
    the video is no longer in that thread, go to CV, they posted it up there, by the way that vid was from 2 weeks earlier, and no Remys are in it =(
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    iwst99 wrote:
    Hmmm but it did work against Ken when I was in Training Mode.....but note taken.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    No, Everdred corrected me and said it does work. It has been my experience that the timing has to be correct, not just that but in training mode some moves and combos will seem plausible, since the dummy does not always block as a normal player does (aka always holding back). Other than that there is nothing that connects, and even though that does connect, random jump in HP might not be the best move against better players (they'll either anti air or parry...)
    ok here's something I've been using nowadays...

with early jump in fierce you can hit with the tip of the elbow right on the person's head to as deep as there foot with the jump in fierce.

If it's a shallow head only hit then by the time you land the opponent is in enough hit stun to only get the cr short into roudhouse rrf.

if it's any deeper than that you can do cr strong into rrf.

Then on the flip side to the jump in fierce you can try going for the fierce but tap it a little too early but make it look like your going for the early head hit. whiff the fierce, land and throw.

thank you japan!!!
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • Troyboy's Back!Troyboy's Back! One Man Wolf Pack! Joined: Posts: 1,084
    .......scrub.......
    Most Known Unknown...
  • Yuk_FaiYuk_Fai Unregistered User Joined: Posts: 246
    ^Wow, that was a quick ban... not that he didn't deserve it.
  • Troyboy's Back!Troyboy's Back! One Man Wolf Pack! Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Yuk_Fai wrote:
    ^Wow, that was a quick ban... not that he didn't deserve it.

.....scrub.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Most Known Unknown...
    Tourney this weekend...I'll probably go, and more than likely tape some Remy matches, as well as others....stay tuned =)
    representttttttt!
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    iwst99 wrote:
    I got to meet Dagger G yesterday who traveled to Cali from Hawaii...Some really good remy matches with him. We participated in a tourney, and he managed to bait a chun SAII with a sonic boom, and right when she did her SAII he did his SAII and combo'd her, the audience was like :O I joked around that he would get Pyro as his first match...and what do you know he did (sorry man, didn't mean to jinx u! :P )

Man that fool said that shit in this thead like 5/7 months ago
    how did he mention 5-7 months ago about being in a tourney 2 weeks ago and getting that on someone while everyone watched in awe? I didn't say it was something new, I'm explaining what he did in this particular match. Damn elena players.
    can chun's SAII go through remy's SAI?
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    lotus wrote:
    can chun's SAII go through remy's SAI?
    if they time it right, yes
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    iwst99 wrote:
    how did he mention 5-7 months ago about being in a tourney 2 weeks ago and getting that on someone while everyone watched in awe? I didn't say it was something new, I'm explaining what he did in this particular match. Damn elena players.

I don't play elena fool I play DJ let's get this right :rofl:
    well one thing is for sure, you aint not remy player (at least from what I hear).
    kinda off topic---what is the bgm on the remy advance tutorial vid on youtube, japanese jazz/hiphop
    If you mean the one at the beginning of the video, that goes D-i-S-C-O disco! Then i'm not sure anyone here knows lol, i've been trying to find that song for a while...
  • Dagger_GDagger_G Joined: Posts: 326
    I hate when people try to get all cute and use moves that bypass your sonic booms. Fortunately, Remy can cancel a sonic boom into a super at any time (even the recovery). All of these can be done on reaction:

Use saI for:
    Dudley command dash (saII works as well, but the match is better played with saI)
    Makoto saII
    Q saI (it will trade, but he loses bar so it's worth it)

Use saII for:
    Yun foward+fierce
    Yun shoulder
    Chun saII
    Q saI
    Makoto ex hayate
    Makoto dash
    Alex boot stomp
    Elena slide

There's probably more, but I can't think of any at the moment.
    Dagger_G wrote:
    I hate when people try to get all cute and use moves that bypass your sonic booms. Fortunately, Remy can cancel a sonic boom into a super at any time (even the recovery). All of these can be done on reaction:

Use saI for:
    Dudley command dash (saII works as well, but the match is better played with saI)
    Makoto saII
    Q saI (it will trade, but he loses bar so it's worth it)

Use saII for:
    Yun foward+fierce
    Yun shoulder
    Chun saII
    Q saI
    Makoto ex hayate
    Makoto dash
    Alex boot stomp
    Elena slide

There's probably more, but I can't think of any at the moment.
    O u can cancel the sonic boom ANY time u want? i never knew it!
    Thx for the info.
    pPp wrote:
    O u can cancel the sonic boom ANY time u want? i never knew it!
    Thx for the info.

being the shitty player i am i'm still trying to use this info for blue nocturne set ups
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • WorthlessWorthless SHOOTTHECORE Joined: Posts: 1,228
    *subscribes to thread*

very good shit very very helpful thread right here :tup:

quick question though,where can i find match vids of remy? i'm clueless as where to look :/
    IMM mod....still bad at fighters though :/

av by me

http://dedcell.blogspot.com/
    If you go through the old threads you can find that info....
    to many scrubs play remy... so learn ken first then play your favorite character, best advice in this thread.
    although that is good advice, I said it once and I'll say it again, damn elena players :/
    Representing Remy....
    My most wins ever
    iwst99 wrote:
    Representing Remy....
    My most wins ever

ok let me say thats awesome

its great you show us this, who was in that line up?

Any beastly players?
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    Well I went to Cal State Long Beach for the first time...had to pay 3.25 to park and walk like a mile to get to the arcade (the freakin campus is huge). I spent a quarter and played 2 and a half hours....I played some ppl from this thread:

http://shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87514&page=14

But not sure of everyone. There were some ok players, but no beastly players and a lot of close matches. I know it's not a triumph, but it was koo seeing everyone going wtf? corner trapping like crazy,, which was fun :D, and comboing all the possible combos we talk about here and showing off some charge partitioning skills.

We have a weekly tourney at our arcade and it's become pretty big now. Some players include Watson, Amir, CaliPower Rockefeller (hopefully you've heard of them), unfortunately I go to school on Wednesday (the day of the tourney) and can't attend....so EIGHT weeks from now when I'm able to participate I'll definetly tape the matches and put them up here, and hopefully show what Remy's all about.
    iwst99 wrote:
    Well I went to Cal State Long Beach for the first time...had to pay 3.25 to park and walk like a mile to get to the arcade (the freakin campus is huge). I spent a quarter and played 2 and a half hours....I played some ppl from this thread:

http://shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87514&page=14

But not sure of everyone. There were some ok players, but no beastly players and a lot of close matches. I know it's not a triumph, but it was koo seeing everyone going wtf? corner trapping like crazy,, which was fun :D, and comboing all the possible combos we talk about here and showing off some charge partitioning skills.

We have a weekly tourney at our arcade and it's become pretty big now. Some players include Watson, Amir, CaliPower Rockefeller (hopefully you've heard of them), unfortunately I go to school on Wednesday (the day of the tourney) and can't attend....so EIGHT weeks from now when I'm able to participate I'll definetly tape the matches and put them up here, and hopefully show what Remy's all about.

I'll be moving to Cali soon enough. End of summer to be exact.
    That's koo....what part exactly?
    iwst99 wrote:
    That's koo....what part exactly?

simi valley