Character help

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
I'm a long term street fighter player. I've always been called weird with my character choices (Vega and Cammy all the way) andlaughed at because I don't use any Ryu clones. My question is do any of you know any characters that would fit in with Vega and Cammy on 3 on 3 battles? I've tried Haomaru (sp) and he is just too slow (powerful, but slow).

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Originally posted by Undead_Paladin
    I'm a long term street fighter player. I've always been called weird with my character choices (Vega and Cammy all the way) andlaughed at because I don't use any Ryu clones. My question is do any of you know any characters that would fit in with Vega and Cammy on 3 on 3 battles? I've tried Haomaru (sp) and he is just too slow (powerful, but slow).
    Well....if ur looking for weird characters.....in that bunch(Vega and Cammy)...
    C groove: Chun li,Yamazaki,Eagle
    A: Sakura,Hibiki
    P:Kyo,Yamazaki,Eagle
    S:Sagat, Iori
    N:Chun li, Yamazaki, Sagat
    K:Sagat, Rolento
    Depends on what groove u plan on using.
    Usually I'm a C groover but Chun li just wasn't as useful as Cammy or Vega. I take it Yamazaki and Eagle are SNK players, because I haven't really ventured far outside of teh street fighter characters except to play as Morrigan and Haohmaru.
  • MegaZangiefMegaZangief Mr. Endowed Joined: Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Undead_Paladin
    Usually I'm a C groover but Chun li just wasn't as useful as Cammy or Vega. I take it Yamazaki and Eagle are SNK players, because I haven't really ventured far outside of teh street fighter characters except to play as Morrigan and Haohmaru.

Eagle is from Street Fighter... Chun Li is actually one of the best characters you can play in C groove along with Sagat... Other good character would include Bison, Guile, Balrog, those 3 all have good lvl 2 cancels and very fast, good for punishing mistake lvl 3 supers. Blanka like Cammy are good in any groove so you could use him in C groove too.
    Magic the Gathering is better than Marvel
    It all depends on your groove. I'll give you two choices for the third character in each groove, in caes you don't like one of them.

Here's my suggestions:

C groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    P groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    S groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    N groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    K groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    A groove - Sakura or Bison.

I hope this has been helpful!

You might want to consider replacing Vega with Blanka or Sagat. And then your third character would be either Blanka or Sagat. Keep the Cammy!
  • JuggyJuggy Joined: Posts: 413
    Well, you character choices are very, very common. Two of the best in the game. I suggest Sagat or Yamazaki.
    I MAIN GOKU RYU E HONDA LOL ??? NO ONE CARES JK RFORLFL
    Originally posted by Burghy
    It all depends on your groove. I'll give you two choices for the third character in each groove, in caes you don't like one of them.

Here's my suggestions:

C groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    P groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    S groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    N groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    K groove - Blanka or Sagat.
    A groove - Sakura or Bison.

I hope this has been helpful!

You might want to consider replacing Vega with Blanka or Sagat. And then your third character would be either Blanka or Sagat. Keep the Cammy!

Wow................................................................ I Hate You :mad:
    Well basically the best team for each groove is this.
    C: Gulie, Chun-li, Sagat
    A:Sakura, Bison, Blanka
    P:Debatable
    S:I don't know much about S groove really...
    N:Debatable probably Cammy, Blanka, Sagat
    K:CBS
    Originally posted by Keyser_Soze1112
    Well basically the best team for each groove is this.
    C: Gulie, Chun-li, Sagat
    A:Sakura, Bison, Blanka
    P:Debatable
    S:I don't know much about S groove really...
    N:Debatable probably Cammy, Blanka, Sagat
    K:CBS

sounds like u play against ryu/ken/akuma/sakura/dan/ryo players. the best counter against them is blanka and guile. chunli is not very good against shoto's since sf2 because of dp. guile has had a history of wooping shotoz. blanka has high priority anything. just remember not to abuse blanka balls.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    :confused: . . .umm i don't know who u r playing against but chun li kills shotos. Oh and ken kills blanka . . .easy
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    Cammy is THE anti Shotokan
    I'm not talking about the scrubby level of causal play, I'm talking about high level, and please explain to me how Ken beats an A-groove RC Blanka so easily...?
    I'm not talking about the scrubby level of causal play, I'm talking about high level, and please explain to me how Ken beats an A-groove RC Blanka so easily...?

God I hate RCing. Bad glitch that shouldnt be in the game and the fact that they let you do it in tornments is bull shit
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C- Guile, Cammy, Vega, Balrog, Chun, Sagat, Bison, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Eagle
    Yamazaki, Kyo, Iori, Rugal, Hibiki, Terry

A- Bison, Rolento, Sakura, Blanka, Cammy, Vega, Ken, Sagat, Dan(!), Eagle
    Vice, Yuri, Benimaru, Terry, Rugal, Kyo, Iori, Geese

P- Pretty much the same as C, but you have alot of more options with parry. It also makes some characters really hard to get on, such as Vega, Hibiki, and Haohmaru.

S- Ryu, Chun, Blanka, Cammy, Vega, Sakura, Bison, Zangief
    Yamazaki, Athena, Iori, Joe, Hibiki

N- Anyone really

K- Sagat, Blanka, Chun, Cammy, Vega, Shotos,
    Geese, Kyo, Hibiki, Iori, Yamazaki, Haohmaru,

There are more, these are just off the top of my head.
    Originally posted by RagingStormX
    C- Guile, Cammy, Vega, Balrog, Chun, Sagat, Bison, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Eagle
    Yamazaki, Kyo, Iori, Rugal, Hibiki, Terry

A- Bison, Rolento, Sakura, Blanka, Cammy, Vega, Ken, Sagat, Dan(!), Eagle
    Vice, Yuri, Benimaru, Terry, Rugal, Kyo, Iori, Geese

P- Pretty much the same as C, but you have alot of more options with parry. It also makes some characters really hard to get on, such as Vega, Hibiki, and Haohmaru.

S- Ryu, Chun, Blanka, Cammy, Vega, Sakura, Bison, Zangief
    Yamazaki, Athena, Iori, Joe, Hibiki

N- Anyone really

K- Sagat, Blanka, Chun, Cammy, Vega, Shotos,
    Geese, Kyo, Hibiki, Iori, Yamazaki, Haohmaru,

There are more, these are just off the top of my head.

General you got it. IMO not all Shotos are K-Groove users, and Chang is not a N-Groove user, neither are a few others.
    well people aren't gonna stop RCing because you hate it. Learn to use it well, and I garuntee you'll be a better player.
    well people aren't gonna stop RCing because you hate it. Learn to use it well, and I garuntee you'll be a better player.

I know people aren't going to stop. But I'm not going to start. Screw that.
    Originally posted by caliagent#3
    :confused: . . .umm i don't know who u r playing against but chun li kills shotos. Oh and ken kills blanka . . .easy

i have a special ryu i guess.