Street Fighter IV Koryu - PC mod release thread

hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~Joined: Posts: 111
Updated to 1.1 AKA the final final version. For real.

Changelog:
Rose and Vega had combos into airthrows that did no damage. They now do regular scaled airthrow damage.
Gouken has more damage on his ultra.
Sagat has less damage on his ultra.
Sakura now has to cancel from HP+HK like everyone else.

Download links further down this post.

34grbbm.png

"KOF is here again"

After a year of pushing SF4 to its limits, and then some, finally: a mod that fulfills your street fighting, hadoken blasting, pregnant sakura needs. (There isn't actually a pregnant sakura in this mod, I'm so so sorry.)

Universal System Changes:
:f::f: Dash is now a KOF style shorthop. It allows for quick overheads, and some pretty nasty offense. It also looks kinda funny.
:mp:+:mk: Focus Attack is now a hit-absorbing dash. Takes approx. 20-50 hits depending on character, but still does gray damage.
:mp:+:mk: EXFADC is now sort of like a roman cancel. Eats up one EX bar.
:hp:+:hk: Taunt is now an instant lvl3 FA that drains Ultra meter. It's good for continuing juggles, or for breaking through an opponent's block.
:3p: Supers only drains 2 EX bars. The ultras are now HP supers that absorb the entire super bar. (Which means you can combo into them from f.ex c.MK if you're ryu.)

Saggot is still cheap.

Special Thanks to:
Anotak, for being willing to share a lot with me, for making SF4 Remix, and for his wonderful Koryu edition Akuma.

Polarity, for finding out a lot of shit early on, and for helping out along the way.

RottKing, for a couple of the early Koryu vids, and for bitching at me for not including him.
Might as well include all of #Geese_Tower as well.

Random youtuber TrickyClock, for making the Koryu logo. I didn't even ask for it! Thank you!

...And You!

Installation Notes:
- You'll need a (hopefully legit) copy of SF4 PC for this.

1.1 full version - http://www.mediafire.com/?p67v4jo204ntdvg
1.1 patch version - http://www.mediafire.com/?okzufpcxkcu1tbf

- First of all, back up your original Battle/Chara folder. Please!

- unpack the folders in the 7zip (if you don't have 7zip, why not?)
select all the folders, copy them to Battle/Chara. Replace everything it asks you to.

- Shoot some of those hadokens.

Note: You need a decent CPU to be able to deal with Ryu and Ken's hadoken madness.

Comments

• c001357c001357 Time Wizard Joined: Posts: 577
    this is the best game ever if only my shitty laptop could run it
  • RottKingRottKing fart Joined: Posts: 8
    You did it zeipher. you released it. sf4 koryu is out and it's like, "the bomb".
  • fruityryufruityryu Joined: Posts: 303
    cool mod :tup:
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    im a top player in this game
  • Colorful EuphemismColorful Euphemism Joined: Posts: 72
    i heard there was kof in he-*reads street fighter* *backs out of room slowly*
  • ApartheidApartheid ◔ ◡ ◔ nice post ! Joined: Posts: 205
    its here. at last.

until ae. welp.
  • sebmalsebmal I am the man! Joined: Posts: 14
    Yes!! This Is The Moment I Have Been Waiting For!!!
    ALWAYS NUMBER ONE POSTING
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802
    This NEEDS to be a mini tournament at some events.

I am so hyped. This is too GDLK.

also.... amazing avatar Zeipher.
  • KashkabaldKashkabald a2 tem mais nível Joined: Posts: 37
    Greatest game ever. I'm maining Garfield on this one.
  • SSJ George BushSSJ George Bush The Gump Joined: Posts: 404
    My friend donloaded and made me play this mod and I Just have to put in that this is the worst fighting mod i have played. I sat down and picked my character and the round started and then my friend did a shoryuken and it made a wall of fireballs and then I immediately packed up my TE stick and left the room. I dont know how people tat make mugen stuff can make stuff for sf4 now?
    FAB-ULOUS!

PSN: D_SlicerSSJ420
    XBL: ravaii
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    Thank you, Zeipher.
    紅赤朱
  • BemaniAKBemaniAK Regitrd usr Joined: Posts: 618
    This NEEDS to be a mini tournament at some events.

I am so hyped. This is too GDLK.

also.... amazing avatar Zeipher.

It's a PC game, I wouldn't count on it.
    Though I totally agree, this should replace SFIV completely for srs.
  • SaunicSaunic Joined: Posts: 65
    Yeah, I was waiting for that mod for so long. Thanks for the job, the game looks really new and as a fighting games fan, it really is entertaining. Here's my Youtube playlist, I'm doing videos for fun, and discovering how characters changed is so sick !!

YouTube - MrRufusfan's Channel
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    I am looking to do something like this myself, do you know where I can get started?

Also this game is funny as shit
  • DukeSharpDukeSharp Duke# - Italy Joined: Posts: 337
    Downloading, thank you for releasing this madness
    Offline is better.
  • TrickyClockTrickyClock Joined: Posts: 5
    This mod is a lifetime experience for sure!

Also Cammys Taunt (Instant Lvl 3 FA) does only a Lvl 2 FA which you can charge up to Lvl 3 though.
  • hadooookenhadooooken WHO WANNA THIS SMELL~ Joined: Posts: 111
    Yeah, I was waiting for that mod for so long. Thanks for the job, the game looks really new and as a fighting games fan, it really is entertaining. Here's my Youtube playlist, I'm doing videos for fun, and discovering how characters changed is so sick !!

YouTube - MrRufusfan's Channel

Some really cool combos and setups going on here. Good shit!
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,186
    Am I supposed to replace the entire character folders, or just the XXX.cmn.emz files? Because I did the later one, and Dan doesn't seem to work.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • QuitRageQuitRage Joined: Posts: 16
    Is there any reason Dan has no modifications?
    So it's not jsut me then?

Btw, I noticed that when you cancel Cammys j.HP into another move, it will think you're jumping straight hp instead of forward, so you can't do cannon strike, and you get js.HP, js.HK etc. Is this intentional?

Thought I might add that I found you can cause Chun Li to get stuck mid Air by canceling out of hazanshu into an air grab.

You can also fly by using j.mp extremely fast as shown earlier in that video as well.
    when you juggle into rose's soul throw and Vega's air grab, they do no damage (you wanted to know about glitches, right?). I also noticed that if you did Akumas LP air fireball as soon as possible during a jump, he will fall slowly to the ground afterwards.

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    Wish I had a comp that could run it, otherwise...Thank you Based Zeipher!
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • MRGAYMRGAY meaty atk = my cock Joined: Posts: 634
    it's stuck on the little loading bar in mediafire, can't download for whatever reason? =/

Ghetto biology, rofl. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6507221&postcount=32
    Updated first post with 1.1 update information.

MRGAY, the download thing is probably because I was messing with the file at that moment. Sorry about that.
  • MRGAYMRGAY meaty atk = my cock Joined: Posts: 634
    No problem, it's still being funny, maybe needs to be uploaded and stuff. I'll try in 15 minutes or so. Looking forward to it. B)

Ghetto biology, rofl. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6507221&postcount=32
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802

I love this game so much.

Ken is so gdlk looool
    Ken needs more FLAMES, thousands of FLAMES! :D
    紅赤朱
  • Ben ReedBen Reed c. LK is my co-pilot Joined: Posts: 1,010
    This mod's certainly fun enough for shits and giggles, but at the same time, there's a couple neat ideas in there that I almost wish were in unmodded SF4.

Not so much the crazy crap like Bison's fastfalling headstomp and forward throw wallbounce (and the, er, 3-frame LK scissors), as it is more minute stuff like some of the liberalized juggle states (would be kinda nice to get at least a fierce reset or something off an FADC'ed Psycho Crusher...those added reps of j. MP, MP and the HP Psycho finisher off both hits are pretty sweet too) and the ability to do Psycho Crusher/Knee Press immediately following a throw (if only because the need to charge was completely removed, and thus the inability to charge back until the throw fully recovers becomes irrelevant). Kinda hope Street Fighter x Tekken takes a couple pages (or at least a few select passages) from SF4 Koryu's book.

Rufus is REALLY retarded, though. Overhead double-speed divekick + ludicrously fast jump = Vega is STILL fucked. Completely-invincible-even-during-recovery flip means dick when you can't ever escape. (Or mash out. Or dash out. Or jump out. NOTHING beats that divekick except eagle-eye Focus Attack, and good luck trying to space that against a guy who can cross the screen in 30 frames without teleporting.) And even in fucking Koryu, EX flipkick still doesn't beat shit. Oh well, at least he's not Dan.

P.S. Best mod ever. Rose vs. Dhalsim in Koryu = YES.
    This post is +0 on block.
  • HonzogonzoHonzogonzo fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Joined: Posts: 3,302
    once I can figure out how to stream my pc games I will be streaming this, hopefully as soon as today
    http://www.justin.tv/honzo_gonzo
    follow me on twitter @honzogonzo
    youtube: youtube.com/thewasteofflesh
    facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honzo-vs-Marvel/254784834545478
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • tsuttertsutter Joined: Posts: 27
    chun infinite from anywhere on screen (i think):

cr.fp xx mk hazanshu

loop that shit

just hold forward while you're doing it and you won't fall out of range
    Ken has an Infinite that can be done by short hopping into a 3hit chain that ends with j.hk or j.hp, credits to Doopliss for letting me know.

• CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    it doesn't look as fun as the rainbow edition(so far), but I'll peep it.
  • 7thHolyScripture7thHolyScripture Joined: Posts: 172
    Bug report:
    - Abel doesn't get auto level 3 FA.
    - Abel's throw and roll commands are reversed from everybody else's. The 2 button ones, not his command ones.
    - Sakura can't shorthop, she just dashes.

Suggestions for Sakura:
    - Make Sakura always throw giant fireballs (at full range).
    - Make her charged fireballs move slower and stay onscreen longer the more she charges.
    - Make her Shououken hit more times.
    - Make the opponent rapid spin after being launched by her EX Shunpukyaku
    - Make the Sakura Otoshi home in on the opponent.
    - If you can, make the EX Hadouken bigger. Like, halfscreen tall. If you can't, make it as slow and lasting as her fully charged normal fireball by default, and if you charge it a bit, make it stay in one place for several seconds.
    once I can figure out how to stream my pc games I will be streaming this, hopefully as soon as today

That would be amazing. Can't wait.
    紅赤朱
    C.Viper also has an infinite extremely similar to Ken's, I'm going to assume Cammy can do this as well.

C.Viper also has an infinite extremely similar to Ken's, I'm going to assume Cammy can do this as well.

She does. "j.LK xx j.HP xx j.HP" and "j.LK xx j.HK xx j.HK xx Cannon Strike" are the best ones. Rufus can do it with his j.HK as well, and I guess Gen can also, with his j.HKx2 in crane. Probably Chun-Li with j.HP too. Seth has 34686538963869 different infinites.

Bug report:
    - Abel doesn't get auto level 3 FA.
    - Abel's throw and roll commands are reversed from everybody else's. The 2 button ones, not his command ones.
    - Sakura can't shorthop, she just dashes.

Suggestions for Sakura:
    - Make Sakura always throw giant fireballs (at full range).
    - Make her charged fireballs move slower and stay onscreen longer the more she charges.
    - Make her Shououken hit more times.
    - Make the opponent rapid spin after being launched by her EX Shunpukyaku
    - Make the Sakura Otoshi home in on the opponent.
    - If you can, make the EX Hadouken bigger. Like, halfscreen tall. If you can't, make it as slow and lasting as her fully charged normal fireball by default, and if you charge it a bit, make it stay in one place for several seconds.

I'm not taking any change suggestions anymore, I don't want to piss people off by making 1.2 1.3 etc versions. 1.1 was just a final patch to fix the minor fixable bugs that remained.

I made Abel and Sakura different on purpose.
    QuitRage wrote:

YouTube - Street Fighter IV Koryu: C.Viper Infinite

Yeah, the characters with aircombos should have some infinites because of it. Shorthop and Aircombos just can't co-exist without making infinites possible, so I decided to just let it rock.

Good vids btw.
    But is Dan supposed to be unchanged?

• 7thHolyScripture7thHolyScripture Joined: Posts: 172
    I'm not taking any change suggestions anymore, I don't want to piss people off by making 1.2 1.3 etc versions. 1.1 was just a final patch to fix the minor fixable bugs that remained.

I made Abel and Sakura different on purpose.

Yeah, the characters with aircombos should have some infinites because of it. Shorthop and Aircombos just can't co-exist without making infinites possible, so I decided to just let it rock.

Good vids btw.

I really think it would be best to do at least one or two more versions. I mean really, Sakura SUCKS compared to most of the other characters I played. The whole point of Koryu is to make everyone as broken as possible and she's virtually unchanged.