Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Guile Combos and Glitches

2»

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    you all should check this out!...it's so retarded! but i love it! lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-pxLJn5yfsc
  • HellionHellion .5 Beat Combat Joined: Posts: 888
    Been a while since I've played Guile.
    If you should ever get to use it,
    d.lp x 2 xx flashkick -> superjump crossup lk, d.lp x 2, d.lk xx lvl 2 wipe out xx flashkick

-Only way I'd imagine the 2 d.lp's at the beginning hitting is if they do something stupid and end up point blank and you blocked it whilst charging for a boom.

-as for the 1st flash kick, my inclination was to use MK, though I think maybe LK would be better for the crossup's sake. I feel that using the HK flashkick would negate the effectiveness of the crossup as they get up a bit earlier, I like my crossups deep.
    Maybe the LK flashkick would be better for that, I'll practice and test that later in a local arcade somewhere and hopefully find some good folks, unless someone here could offer some insight to this.

For the crossup combo I was wondering what the hell I was doing wrong, sporadically getting the latter combo to work or not. I knew I was botching the charge somehow. Narrowed it down to how fast I was mashing the jabs.
    Comes from playing non-charge characters a lot I guess.
    -Just slow the jabs before the crouching short a notch to build up even more charge,
    -ensure immediately following the superjump you "slam" the stick to down-forward (it becomes down back when you land the crossup).

Once I fixed that, the combo came out easily with no problems.
    Lovely thing about any flashkick in that sequence above, it sets up his crossup short. You can do the ghetto d.lp x 2 flashkick first, or go for wipeout instead and setup a following crossup from there.
    Unfortunately, it'll catch on quick.

Anything else you all can think of to set it up?
    Not that you need to anyway. Saw d.mk to jumping lk, anyone here like that?
    I generally don't but that's me, Guile experts? D@ru?
    "No one quits SRK. NO ONE" -wepeel
    P-Kyo(2), Guile, Cammy
    ST-Guile
  • D@RUD@RU "Sonic Poo!" Joined: Posts: 265
    I don't use HK Flashkick either, because I am not sure it's safe against a quick recovery. Using LK flashkick leaves you with more time to decide beetwen ambiguous crossup/non crossup LK; (adjust your placement before superjumping). Also you have to know which side you're going to land for charge purpose. Don't get tricked by your own tricks :D
    I don't use that against RC Elec or DP though, or very rarely. Throwing meaty Boom, then jumping is better against them. Or not jumping at all too! ;)

Something I noticed that come in handy, if you keep you air guard until the Lk cross-up hits (or get blocked), then 2*cLP, cLk gives just enough time to complete a charge. (If you manage to do it slow it's even more easier).

Kick Throw, and any wipeout also set up crossup options.

3*cLP blocked, then c.MK is very good for counterhit sonic Hurricane. There is little gap after c.lp but generally safe. Guile is "Mister Safe" after all ^o^ V

After c.MK I sometimes dash throw (harder to react than it looks, and dash sends you flying if they mash something), or c.MK again, or RC Boom. I should try that cMK, jump LK too against characters without fast vertical anti air.

In general I keep playing a very grounded guile, IMO jump with guile:
    -For wake up crossup (when they have no meter, no wake up options or very risky options)
    -Covered with SB
    -Against P/K who dares to jump at you and Kick Throw them, wait until you're close and stay air guard (chicken stuff! I love chicken) Go for JHK from time to time.
    -When opponent is sent flying near you. (risky)
    -When you became predictable, sometimes they won't expect you to jump when you should have thrown a boom^^; if they hit you you'll be send flying, often giving you distance to reset the game :)

I never played other than C-Guile so I cannot give any objective advice about Low Jump setups, which seem very good!
    "Grab a tit, squeeze!"

CVS2 : C-Groove Claw, Guile, Sagat²
    MVC3 : Wolverine(barrage), Trish(peekaboo), IronMan(unibeam)
    SSF4: FeiLong
    Wargods -_-' The mighty ANUBIS!!!
2»