3SOE Priceless hate mail

Comments

• munchkinmunchkin Joined: Posts: 247
    Someone is trying 3S for the first time and you think cheesing with yun is the best way to get them to stick around?
    Well, I figured he'd stop randomly pressing buttons if I did palm from 2-3 character away. I also thought he would block during GJ shoulders. I wasn't doing anything crazy. I was trying to teach that blocking is sometimes the best option. Oh well.
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    Someone is trying 3S for the first time and you think cheesing with yun is the best way to get them to stick around?

Yun, Ken, Q, Sean, whatever...
    The point is his opponent doesn't use his brain and keeps trying to do stupid shit even though he can still see his own blood on the floor for his previous attempt (5 sec before)...
  • PedderrsPedderrs Super wonderkid. Joined: Posts: 19
    Hello. I had some weird "hate mail" earlier today. I fought a guy named 'I iMpulze', and he raped me for most part. I was Oro, he was Remy. He sent me a message after completing like 6 games. "Why even buy the game?". Keep in mind I had beaten this guy twice and remained competitive throughout. I replied, "I've been playing for 2 days. Give me a break". Thought he would show some humility and be like "sorry man, dont get discouraged". Didn't happen. He said "That's what training mode is for". This guy wasn't even that good, I've played much better.Mega sigh.
    "Anything can be great. Bricklaying can be great, if a guy knows."
  • GaspGasp | | | | | Joined: Posts: 4,611
    ^ sorry but elena online is the most broken thing along with ibuki, yang, and yun.
    impossible to react to any 50/50 elena hits you with.
    i keep thinking your dander
    Lunchtime Shopper
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Hello. I had some weird "hate mail" earlier today. I fought a guy named 'I iMpulze', and he raped me for most part. I was Oro, he was Remy. He sent me a message after completing like 6 games. "Why even buy the game?". Keep in mind I had beaten this guy twice and remained competitive throughout. I replied, "I've been playing for 2 days. Give me a break". Thought he would show some humility and be like "sorry man, dont get discouraged". Didn't happen. He said "That's what training mode is for". This guy wasn't even that good, I've played much better.Mega sigh.

what a dick. i want to play this guy.
  • TechitsTechits Bottom Feeder Joined: Posts: 48

I was thinking the same thing while reading through that.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    i keep thinking your dander

and you are lice?
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,919
    Shoutouts to K-Stylez001 for giving me my first ragequit on 3SO

Keep up that Ken mashing son
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
  • TrykenTryken Having Dignity Since 2001 Joined: Posts: 143
    I had this one mediocre Urien player keep standing across the screen taunting me. I was Dudley, and he had low HP. Finally, he got impatient, came forward, and I finished him off. And, to top it all off, he had Chun/Yun banned from the room. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    after a P and almost P on a ryu who doesn't play third strike

"youre not good."
    "lol"
    "try learning to play a style that isn't cheap"
    gt: Jailhouse
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,483
    "Stop taunting BeanerFaggot"

Stop picking Makoto then. He couldn't even super jump by the looks of it.

Also, I never new the f is capitalized.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I happened across Alex3rdStrike on PSN earlier today. Deciding to give said player a chance, I picked my best (who just so happens to be Alex). He picked So basically, I shut down every mixup he had, and was about to win, and then... he leaves. So I send a message. "why so ragequit?" And then I get a message, in all caps. About why everyone is playing Alex against him and how much he hates mirror matching as well (something along the line of twelve Alex players today). Uh, son, don't get me wrong, but if you're touting your character in your s/n, you're more-than-likely going to get mirror matches.

So, deciding to just be civil about it, I offered a rematch and said I wouldn't use Alex, just to appease. Next thing I know, I get this message from Alex3rdStrike:

"Blocked. Go back to 4chan."

Ironically, I found him again in Ranked. Played Denjin Ryu against him. About ten seconds into the match, he just stopped playing.

Dear Lord. I heard you guys talking about this guy before but I never realized how free he was. Damn.
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,720
    Besides ragequits, I still didn't get hate mail from players bitching about getting hit by Denjin. I think god hates me.
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    "only way your ass can combo is jump fierce"

:smokin:
  • EX KoffingEX Koffing Joined: Posts: 16
    Yun, Ken, Q, Sean, whatever...
    The point is his opponent doesn't use his brain and keeps trying to do stupid shit even though he can still see his own blood on the floor for his previous attempt (5 sec before)...

In order to use the brain (although this is too broad) in a particular fighting game, a player needs to have at least a basic understanding of how the game works. He needs to know what that "stupid shit" is and why, otherwise he will be doing different things with the same outcome. You can't say to someone that he doesn't use his brain just because of the lack of match up knowledge, footsies, not knowing his characters properties or developing bad habbits.
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    I don't agree. When i read "opponent keeps doing ex srk/ex mgb, blocking is what he didn't do", i don't see any clue of learning process or adaptation or whatever smart.
    Not even talkin about his smart "rebalance" comment (if he was serious about that).
    Make me play a totally new game. Yes, i'm gonna try things and certainly do absolute crap, but if something doesn't work, then i'll try to stop doing it.
    And most of all, i'm gonna block all the fucking time!
  • munchkinmunchkin Joined: Posts: 247
    I think people who devalue the art of blocking are dumber than they think they are.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,682
    So I happened across Alex3rdStrike on PSN earlier today. Deciding to give said player a chance, I picked my best (who just so happens to be Alex). He picked So basically, I shut down every mixup he had, and was about to win, and then... he leaves. So I send a message. "why so ragequit?" And then I get a message, in all caps. About why everyone is playing Alex against him and how much he hates mirror matching as well (something along the line of twelve Alex players today). Uh, son, don't get me wrong, but if you're touting your character in your s/n, you're more-than-likely going to get mirror matches.

So, deciding to just be civil about it, I offered a rematch and said I wouldn't use Alex, just to appease. Next thing I know, I get this message from Alex3rdStrike:

"Blocked. Go back to 4chan."

Ironically, I found him again in Ranked. Played Denjin Ryu against him. About ten seconds into the match, he just stopped playing.

Dear Lord. I heard you guys talking about this guy before but I never realized how free he was. Damn.

OH SHIT LOUIS SPOTTED.
    Play more.
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    dash up block is broken OP fag tacticssssssssss
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
  • oOViciousOooOViciousOo Jolly Good Joined: Posts: 276
    One of the most infuriating things about playing this game online is when you run into a green connection with the assumption it'll play relatively stable, right? Wrong.

I've played on many green connections that skipped just as badly, if not worse than yellows.
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,483
    One of the most infuriating things about playing this game online is when you run into a green connection with the assumption it'll play relatively stable, right? Wrong.

I've played on many green connections that skipped just as badly, if not worse than yellows.

Wow someone sent you some long, well written hate mail.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
    Wow someone sent you some long, well written hate mail.

I actually haven't received any hatemail yet. Maybe a few players who just stopped playing mid-match or DC'd altogether, but otherwise people have been pretty chill. Most of the salty players I've run across show it in-game rather than sending messages.
  • ha-dou-kenha-dou-ken 3SOE-XBOX: HAHADOUKEN Joined: Posts: 1,475
    bonus points for screen shots.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox for xbox users. your messages show up here. stay salty!
    Got another one for crossing up some Ryu player with Yun's divekick and actually landing a Genei-Jin combo. so much for actual work.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
  • RindoukanKarateManRindoukanKarateMan I like Karate Girls Joined: Posts: 504
    Besides ragequits, I still didn't get hate mail from players bitching about getting hit by Denjin. I think god hates me.
    Denjin is GODLIKE online.
    3rd strike-Makoto dudley
    ssf4-Makoto,Dudley,Guy
    Blazeblue-Bang,Bang,Bang,Makoto
    tekken-Raven
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • doyoudigwormsdoyoudigworms ..... Joined: Posts: 592
    I never really received ragemail in 3S until very recently. Although I had one that made me laugh pretty hard from an Akuma player aptly named "Analfuzzpuss". His Akuma continued to do a seen-it-all technique of Jump air fireball, tatsu and sweep. So I just blocked and parried everything, won the match and moved on. I couple matches later I received this hatemail from him and it made me laugh pretty hard:

"Roses are red, Vielots(yes, that was the spelling) are blue. You block to much 'cause you're a faggot"

I also fought a rank 14 Makoto yesterday in which I beat using SAII w/ Q. The match was beyond laggy for both parties, I could barely move. No rollbacks just plain ol' lag. He messaged me claiming I was using a lag switch so I could get three taunts off before he could react and because of this he was going to report me. I thought that was pretty funny and told him I don't even know what a LS looks like or where to even obtain one and lag switch aside it doesn't change the fact that he didn't block.

Online has some salty players.
    3S: Q / VS: Aulbath/Victor / ST: DeeJay / A2: Rose
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    "Roses are red, Vielots(yes, that was the spelling) are blue. You block to much 'cause you're a faggot"

..really????? o_O
  • DanoninoDanonino Winning for once. Joined: Posts: 701
    You must admit that:
    "roses are red, violets are blue. You block too much 'cause you're a faggot!"
    is pretty fecking funny. In my opinion its borderline genius.
    Never attempt the same move after you have been once thwarted!
  • apple arcadeapple arcade Joined: Posts: 345
    I don't get a lot of hatemail, but commonly find myself banned from a room after winning a match :/
    XBL = APPLE 01 DOJ
    I didn't get hate mail, but an apology from someone hosting a lobby. He kicked me out because I wouldn't lose and his friends wanted to play :/
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    I haven't gotten any hatemail yet. Just some GGs and made a couple new friends :D
  • Spectre GeneralSpectre General Soldiers Under Command Joined: Posts: 476
    I've only gotten 1 piece of hatemail, which honestly surprises me. I got it from an Elena player who I perfected in round 3, he called me "cheap." I was using Sean, he was using the "up" button, and never the "back" one. This was hilarious to me. Apparently, even Sean is cheap when you don't know how to block.
    ~ My Aesthetic Sense.....You Violate It. ~
    "You're gonna get hit and I'm gonna be awarded damage" ~ Tom Brady explaining fighting games
    "im new sooo ill just ask, are we supposed to not like Spectre General????" ~ Jae Mito
    IMG_0024.jpg
    someone translate for me. this punk ass bitchhh
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    I didn't get hate mail, but an apology from someone hosting a lobby. He kicked me out because I wouldn't lose and his friends wanted to play :/

How do you feel about that personally?
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • DanoninoDanonino Winning for once. Joined: Posts: 701
    Just for the record:
    If I'm playing someone that is over 4,000 miles away, and its obvious to both parties that the games a laggy mess. DO NOT be surprised if I quit.
    Especially if you decide that the second round should be played by running away, taunting and avoiding dealing/recieving damage. 'Feeling yourself' (if thats the right term) in a game where teleportation and instant recovery is the norm is worse than being a scrub, its being a dick. Just get the job done when a connection is that bad.

You know who you are. You also know why this reads so salty when in fact I truthfully just wanted to get a match in before bed that wasnt a laggy mess, there was no salt. 40 minutes of reading your ranting... that did it.
    Never attempt the same move after you have been once thwarted!
  • Spectre GeneralSpectre General Soldiers Under Command Joined: Posts: 476
    IMG_0024.jpg
    someone translate for me. this punk ass bitchhh
    Literally that says: "Onrii Jyapaniizu" which are not Japanese words. Phonetically this is attempting to say "Only Japanese" but it's written in hiragana, not katakana, so I highly doubt whoever wrote this was actually Japanese. Basically, I think someone is either trolling you by pretending to be Japanese, or maybe this was commentary on the fact that the connection was laggy? "Xiao" is Chinese though so I suppose they could actually be from China, and only want to play Japanese players, figuring that only a Japanese player would understand the message in the first place, but if so, why write it, phonetically at least, in English? It's probably trolling.
    ~ My Aesthetic Sense.....You Violate It. ~
    "You're gonna get hit and I'm gonna be awarded damage" ~ Tom Brady explaining fighting games
    "im new sooo ill just ask, are we supposed to not like Spectre General????" ~ Jae Mito
    Literally that says: "Onrii Jyapaniizu" which are not Japanese words. Phonetically this is attempting to say "Only Japanese" but it's written in hiragana, not katakana, so I highly doubt whoever wrote this was actually Japanese. Basically, I think someone is either trolling you by pretending to be Japanese, or maybe this was commentary on the fact that the connection was laggy? "Xiao" is Chinese though so I suppose they could actually be from China, and only want to play Japanese players, figuring that only a Japanese player would understand the message in the first place, but if so, why write it, phonetically at least, in English? It's probably trolling.

thx. what a troll he is
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    Maybe it's Xiao the Ibuki player? I dunno. haha
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,811 mod
    I'm sad that no one has sent hatemail to me yet despite playing the most turtle Chun ever. Dammit, if you're going to ragequit in the middle of my super, please have the decency to send me hatemail.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    How do you feel about that personally?
    I actually thought it was rather considerate. So it's cool.
  • ShinryuShinryu 風林火山 Joined: Posts: 72
    I've not gotten a single hate mail from 3S yet. Plenty in SSF4/AE, but nothing here; only some gg messages. I have, however, gotten about 10 rage quits somehow...
    真の格闘家への道は… まだ遠い!
    GGPO/XBL/PSN ID: ShinryuReishiki
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinryuReishiki
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    I got an "Runaway scrub" after this match - I'm Akuma

PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,381
    ^That was like the exact opposite of runaway........

Imma start playing/sticking with Remy to get some hatemail......

No ragequits while using Ken, but got a ragequit within the first few matches using machine gun lov........ it gets shit done......
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    ^That was like the exact opposite of runaway........

Imma start playing/sticking with Remy to get some hatemail......

No ragequits while using Ken, but got a ragequit within the first few matches using machine gun lov........ it gets shit done......
    That's what I said... He replied with something along the lines of, "you play like a scrub that runs away from real fighting. blocked"

I suppose he meant runaway as in just not letting him hit me because I was moving around?

This is me running away: and what's funny is that this guy messaged me complaining about me counter picking him.

PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    nearly double perfected a dudley with oro saii
    poked him to death then unblockable looped him twice

"scrub, you didn't even do the unblockable you just spammed low attacks"

what does that mean even considering i beat him with the unblockable lol

edit: oh forgot this guy also ragequit at the end :)
    gt: Jailhouse
    Rage post:

Makoto is by FAR the fucking lamest character to fight online.

Nope, fuck you...she is.
    There are too many messages for me to even bother posting up, so I'm compiling them all here. Stay free, Alex3rdStrike. Even if there wasn't any lag, you'd still be free. Even in the lag, you left yourself open.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Duralath/Ragequit%20Series/

Read from the last picture to the first.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
  • araider08araider08 Use your head! Or I will... I need a new bowling ball. Joined: Posts: 1,035
    I was playing Remy (I suck with Remy... My Sean is better than my Remy. I began using low and high fireballs... He didn't approach or take an offensive mindest so I just kept throwing them...)
    Loser of the Match: You're Gey<<<real spelling
    Me: You could've won that match. Don't get persuaded into fireball games (Ironically, he was playing Ryu)
    Loser: I'm not mad. That was just gay
    Me: Eh
    *Played Makoto against him next time and abused tick-throws
    Loser: Fuck you
    MakSwag
    There are too many messages for me to even bother posting up, so I'm compiling them all here. Stay free, Alex3rdStrike. Even if there wasn't any lag, you'd still be free. Even in the lag, you left yourself open.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Duralath/Ragequit Series/

That's definitely louiscipher or w/e.
  • araider08araider08 Use your head! Or I will... I need a new bowling ball. Joined: Posts: 1,035

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Duralath/Ragequit Series/

I hope he had a keyboard. If you have some replays, you should upload them too. I wish I got THAT kind of hate mail. I used to get it a lot in Tekken.
    MakSwag