Adamantium vs Vibranium: MvC3 Combos, Resets & Maximizing Damage Output

14567810»

Comments

• GysbertGysbert A.k.a. Cheeseburger Joined: Posts: 978
    Good shit as always ken. I will also do my best to rep cap in the upcoming game. I already took that week off for serious crack sessions
    Props to savaii64 for the avatar!
  • motion51motion51 Joined: Posts: 387
    man i love the originality of all the cap users we have here on the forums. ive been using cap for a long time but i just plain dont post enough.

since this is the combo thread i thought id finally share the bnb that ive been using for some time now with my team of cap/arthur/spencer.

cr.L, cr.M, cr.H xx H.shield slash, j.M, j.H xx M.shield slash, (depending on spacing an dash is optional here) j.u.H, j.S xx L.shield slash xx HARD TAG spencer (hold for the hard tag just as the return hit of shield slash connects) xx armor piercer (qcf.S) xx bionic manuevers (qcf.hyper)

if i start with at least one bar prior to the first hit of the combo any character is dead if i DHC from spencer into arthur with kings armor.

i guess the highlight of this combo is the hard tag for cap/spencer users since it allows a DHC glitch option after any shield slash.

shoutouts to Gimpyfish62 for i believe it was in one of your videos that i saw the hard tag from shield slash for the first time.
  • kensanitykensanity Joined: Posts: 1,674
    man i love the originality of all the cap users we have here on the forums. ive been using cap for a long time but i just plain dont post enough.

since this is the combo thread i thought id finally share the bnb that ive been using for some time now with my team of cap/arthur/spencer.

cr.L, cr.M, cr.H xx H.shield slash, j.M, j.H xx M.shield slash, (depending on spacing an dash is optional here) j.u.H, j.S xx L.shield slash xx HARD TAG spencer (hold for the hard tag just as the return hit of shield slash connects) xx armor piercer (qcf.S) xx bionic manuevers (qcf.hyper)

if i start with at least one bar prior to the first hit of the combo any character is dead if i DHC from spencer into arthur with kings armor.

i guess the highlight of this combo is the hard tag for cap/spencer users since it allows a DHC glitch option after any shield slash.

shoutouts to Gimpyfish62 for i believe it was in one of your videos that i saw the hard tag from shield slash for the first time.

u can cancel j S into light shield slash?!
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    Nope
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
    you sure can as long as the j.S in a combo is not after a launcher.
    you sure can as long as the j.S in a combo is not after a launcher.
    video please or it didn't happen. i'm trying to see if i can do the normal bnb, end with air l shield slash and then hard tag. but i can't grasp the spacing in my mind,
  • Kei_Kei_ Joined: Posts: 586
    video please or it didn't happen. i'm trying to see if i can do the normal bnb, end with air l shield slash and then hard tag. but i can't grasp the spacing in my mind,

You CAN combo a j.S xx L.shield slash. I used to do that a lot in training while making up combos. Like he said you just have to not use a launcher beforehand.

Kei

EDIT: just used some things learned from people in this thread like Kei, Ken and motion.
    Dont know how to extend the spencer follow up in my last combo. any pointers on how i could optimize that damage?

i got a variation of this to work using S as a launcher instead of h shield slash.

even so, the damage is not optimal . whats' cool though is that the armor piercer gives u a wall bounce, not sure if u can much more after the armor piercer aside from hypers but, yeah it does look flash even though it is much worse on the damage than other combos. Still looks super cool tho!
    first i must say that im really jealous of your execution! but...

for the last combo in the video you can try DHC glitching to cap and catching them in a crL. combo and recalling assists before the hyper.

the most damage that ive personally been able to do while still being able to hard tag to spencer and saving the wall bounce to follow up after armor piercer is...

j.S (land), M, M, H (w/ spencer armor piercer assist) xx H. shield slash, dash-cancel L. charging star, S, j.d.H xx L.shield slash, dash-cancel L. charging star, S, j.d.H xx L.shield slash xx HARD TAG spencer xx armor piercer (qcf.S) xx bionic manuevers (qcf.hyper)

damage after spencers hyper ends up around 807k something and the entire combo more or less carries from corner to corner (i would recommend only try this combo from a corner.)
  • Kei_Kei_ Joined: Posts: 586
    Dont know how to extend the spencer follow up in my last combo. any pointers on how i could optimize that damage?

even so, the damage is not optimal . whats' cool though is that the armor piercer gives u a wall bounce, not sure if u can much more after the armor piercer aside from hypers but, yeah it does look flash even though it is much worse on the damage than other combos. Still looks super cool tho!

First off, glad to see someone else drinking the Cap/Spencer kool aid besides me. :D

Now then, whenever I DHC from Spencer's Bionic Manuevers I go to Cap's Stars & Stripes. It has always yielded more damage (in my combos) compared to Charging Star. Now if I'm starting the combo from Cap then I usually go to Bionic Manuevers unless they're possibly too low, then it's staright to Bionic Arm --> OTG, Bionic Arm. (if they've even lived through all that)

I noticed that in each of the combos you ended with Spencer's hyper, you never went for the OTG even when you were near a corner. It's free damage so go for it, it takes a bit of practice to learn the timing on it, but it's totally worth it. You can move after Bionic Manuevers sooner than you think. If you get Manuevers off in a corner then immediately do the H otg move, pause, grapple straight down, Armor Piercer xx Bionic Manuevers/Arm (whichever will reach). If I've got 3 meters by the time I get to the first hyper then I'm going to kill whoever it is regarless of health for the most part (1.15mil damage), even if that 3rd bar is not quite full you gain a sweet chunk from landing the Armor Piercer at the end so it might fill up.

I don't use any of the silky smooth looking hard tag combos for fear of dropping it (situational for sure), but I'm more than happy to watch you guys do it. I'll stick to my 'plain old' 950k+ stuff ;) (I'll revisit some of the hard tag combos in umvc3 though just in case)

Kei
    I love how you list your combo damage with level 3 damage as if that's your standard bnb -_-

My bnb does well over a million apparently woooooooo
    I love how you list your combo damage with level 3 damage as if that's your standard bnb -_-

My bnb does well over a million apparently woooooooo
    explain?
    LOL man Im sorry Im sick and all drugged up - apparently i didn't read your post at all and just saw 950+ and also thought you were ken127942169063237522 who tends to post his lvl 3 damage for some reason
  • ken123103ken123103 You're just mad because your angry Joined: Posts: 597
    LOL man Im sorry Im sick and all drugged up - apparently i didn't read your post at all and just saw 950+ and also thought you were ken127942169063237522 who tends to post his lvl 3 damage for some reason

-___-. . . .
    UMvC3: Captain America, Spencer, Hawkeye

www.youtube.com/ken123103 <---- Amazing Captain America Videos, Check it out!

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Lol
    YOOOOOO my new solo bnb

i am NOT EVEN worried about captain's damage output LOL this is DAY ONE.

and a couple other vids just for fun.

gotta back dash for the otg to allow you to combo in this case - that'll happen a lot with cap!

just an example of the airthrow combo potential, not even close to optimized. also poison tip lol

just for funzies showing off some things he can do. also poison tip lol

the first linked to bnb is not yet optimized.

sorry for the cell phone records LOL

WE IN THERE!!!! lets GOOOO!!!!

posted here (and in the video thread) in case people miss it in the "ultimate" thread

EDIT: added in the level 3 damage version just because it's tight to see it go "PERFECT!"

EDIT: HERE IS THE NEW VIDEO LINK
    http://youtu.be/HYG2JZYGa7M
  • W.E.M.P.W.E.M.P. ♥Mote of Dust♥ Joined: Posts: 43
    Notation for new cap bnb????
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For the 800k BnB..can you post inputs?
    j.S MMHS j.H xx l shield slash j.uH S l shield slash S j.MMH j.MdHS l shield slash xx Hyper Charging Star

also use this link instead now
    http://youtu.be/HYG2JZYGa7M
  • Oh NoesOh Noes Joined: Posts: 51
    omg the delivery guy can't get here soon enough. I hate all of you who got it already. >:(
  • jtrgmrjtrgmr Joined: Posts: 472
    Thanks gimpy! I'll see if I can use this in a few tourneys!

Btw, do you think it's possible jump cancel an up + h into another up + H? I've been having trouble doing that properly.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    Always willing to play puzzle games!
    you can't jump cancel air up h or down h so no it is not possible
    As a side note for y'all its easier to relaunch off a tk knee l shield slash from a wider variety of angles than the grounded one
    As another side note Im using hawkeye unscaled poison to make my bnb do over 900k - race ya to a million! Most i got so far was 940k with assists!
    As another side note Im using hawkeye unscaled poison to make my bnb do over 900k - race ya to a million! Most i got so far was 940k with assists!
    That sounds awesome gimpy.

using your combo I was able to modify the original relaunch combo we had in vanilla. I could probably get a second HCS to connect after doom missiles but trying to get used to throwing a shield to otg lol. btw thsi is roughly 950k but takes two bars boo!

and this
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^^ Second video, how much meter does that build?
    In your second combo add an h charging star when the doom.missiles hit! A liiiiiiitle more damage
  • jtrgmrjtrgmr Joined: Posts: 472
    Heyo Gimpy,

I did this on accident, but I think I've come up with something that you could make use of. I found out when using your combo after using the last aerial S, I recovered fast enough in the air to do an extra action before landing.

From that, I accidentally inputted an air L shield slash on the downed opponent, and it connected! I was then able to follow up with an H Charging Star into Hyper CS.

Granted, this requires possibly 3-4ths of the stage, but i thought it might be handy to know.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    Always willing to play puzzle games!
  • Tiger_ClawTiger_Claw Hyouuuuu! Joined: Posts: 497
    on the corner CAP can do ABC S then super jump back MHS. CAP will land far enough for the OTG shield to come back for a relaunch. Kinda similar to Hawkeye's corner combo
  • ReeYAwNReeYAwN Joined: Posts: 4
    Alright, just got outta the lab with Cap. Got a corner BnB since you can't use air shield slash in the corner, inspired by mission 10 :)

jS MMHS j.M double jump j.H (delay) j.dH land l charing star S j.MMH double jump MdHS light shield slash hyper charging star 772,600.

Also stole gimpy's day one BnB and changed it a bit

jS MMHS j. uH l shield slash, land, jump j. uH m shield slash, land l charging star S jMHdHS, land, l shield slash, h charging star, hyper charging star 824,400

I believe Hyper CS was mashed to it's fullest but I've been playing all day and my hands are tired. but at 824,400 all you would need is a hawkeye poison arrow after the last light shield slash right before the h charging star into hyper charging star and you'd break 900 (it's 90k unscaled right)

On another not i suck and can't time the l shield slash into final justice so if anyone wants to do that and post the damage that would be great :)

I see someone else basically did the second combo
    Alright, just got outta the lab with Cap. Got a corner BnB since you can't use air shield slash in the corner, inspired by mission 10 :)

jS MMHS j.M double jump j.H (delay) j.dH land l charing star S j.MMH double jump MdHS light shield slash hyper charging star 772,600.

Also stole gimpy's day one BnB and changed it a bit

jS MMHS j. uH l shield slash, land, jump j. uH m shield slash, land l charging star S jMHdHS, land, l shield slash, h charging star, hyper charging star 824,400

I believe Hyper CS was mashed to it's fullest but I've been playing all day and my hands are tired. but at 824,400 all you would need is a hawkeye poison arrow after the last light shield slash right before the h charging star into hyper charging star and you'd break 900 (it's 90k unscaled right)

On another not i suck and can't time the l shield slash into final justice so if anyone wants to do that and post the damage that would be great :)

I see someone else basically did the second combo
    I have a pretty nice capture card. letme try to get these done tonight.
  • ReeYAwNReeYAwN Joined: Posts: 4
    Awesome thx, the second one is the same timing as mission 10 except you do l charging star relaunch instead of jHS l shield slash for relaunch
    best thing i could come up with in the corner tho.
  • ken123103ken123103 You're just mad because your angry Joined: Posts: 597
    Day 3 combo. . . . .
    UMvC3: Captain America, Spencer, Hawkeye

www.youtube.com/ken123103 <---- Amazing Captain America Videos, Check it out!

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Love it - working on one like that myself haha the relaunch is nice - i want as much s h cs and ss as possible in a combo for max damage
  • JellokJellok Joined: Posts: 39
    Good lord! >_< Ken what the Gimpy...cmon.. omg Cap is gonna get nerfed because of you guys.
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    CaptAmerica/RocketRaccoon/Sentinel...the foot soldier, the heavy artillery, the air raid (kinda, haha)
    umvc3_week9_003_14907_640screen.jpg
    umvc3_week11_003_23588_640screen.jpg
    umvc3_week10_11_88212_640screen.jpg

unfortunately, i don't have video, but i got this combo to work. 1,033,000 damage, starts with 1 meter, builds 1.5 meters (so realistically, starts with .5 meters), works on standing sentinel and probably standing nemesis, opponent in corner.

j.S, rejump, j.A, j.B, j.C, j.S, land, S, sj.B, sj.B, sj.C, sj.d+C, sj.S, flying screen, call out Rocket Raccoon Pendulum, otg L Shield Slash, (wallbounce), S, sj.B, sj.B, sj.C, sj.d+C, sj.S, flying screen, land, call out Sentinel Drones, tiger knee (or jumping) L Shield Slash, dash forward a bit, L Charging Star, (drones begin to hit), L Charging Star, H Charging Star, wait, Hyper Charging Star (mash) xx Rock N Roll (mash)

i haven't experimented with Mad Hopper instead of Rock N Roll yet, but i'm pretty sure raccoon can get some additional damage post Mad Hopper and break the 1.1 million mark, and maybe build another .5 meter. keep in mind, i'm not even doing cap's best combos yet, so i'm betting even crazier shit is possible.
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,537 admin
14567810»
This discussion has been closed.