SG Q&A Thread - Launch Party April 10-11th

Comments

• ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    If in the primary card slot, the Multiple Man card basically allows you to use the same character 3 times in addition to a small power increase of about 10%.
    If in the secondary slot you are granted between 1 and 4 extra bars of meter (usually it's one).
    The only reason I'm suggesting one extra meter for solo characters is because a problem I ran into is that I would do a combo and the person would have a sliver of health left and then my opponent would tag them out. I would then have to use a meter on a snapback to bring back out the character and on my next combo I occasionally lacked enough meter for a certain set-up I wanted to do.By starting out with an extra meter, solo characters are basically given one snapback opportunity and one normal hyper combo opportunity.
    Oh so you mean starting the match with an extra bar of meter then.

Don't know about that.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • ExpiratioExpiratio St. HP should be special-cancellable Joined: Posts: 321
    But from the footage so far, solo characters deal a ridiculous amounts of damage more than teams, to the point they can kill a character with one good optimized combo.
  • BlakenBlaken Joined: Posts: 486
    Quick question... Are we going to see DLC chars day one? Or DLC packs every month?
    Thanks!
  • GenowGenow Joined: Posts: 571
    AFAIK there's no Day One DLC
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Quick question... Are we going to see DLC chars day one? Or DLC packs every month?
    Thanks!
    No and probably not.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    AFAIK there's no Day One DLC
    Which makes sense. Because if there were characters ready for DLC release, Reverge could just add them to main roster.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    Which makes sense. Because if there were characters ready for DLC release, Reverge could just add them to main roster.
    That's not quite true, there are approval processes and such that have to be done after a game is finalized so that would end up pushing the game back even if the product was done by release.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    That's not quite true, there are approval processes and such that have to be done after a game is finalized so that would end up pushing the game back even if the product was done by release.
    Don't you need to approve DLC either?
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    Don't you need to approve DLC either?
    You have a point there.
  • GomuJonnyGomuJonny Joined: Posts: 74
    I never expected day one DLC, although it would be nice to get a new character every 2-3 months.

I do wonder how that would effect EVO though.
  • FirebrandedFirebranded Aerial Ace Joined: Posts: 3,817
    Speaking of DLC,

Would Squigly and little yellow girl be the first to be released?
    Firebrand/Wolverine/Sentinel P4A: Yosuke (236B = Bon Voyage), Teddy
    GT: WESKERRRRRR
    "I luv my anchor" by KassandraNova.
    SWAY: A Ten Minute Firebrand Tutorial
  • UberdeluxeUberdeluxe Slam if you want to Jam Joined: Posts: 333
    Speaking of DLC,

Would Squigly and little yellow girl be the first to be released?
    yessir, according to previous things that Reverge doods have stated,
    AE: Akuma
    MB: C-Mech Hisui
    P4A: Chie
  • drexciyandrexciyan Joined: Posts: 141
    edit: you know, i didnt realize this is the q&a thread, i should probably post this long ass thing in gd lol
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    So Mike, Peter, what do y'all have planned for Valentine's birthday?

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

Oh so you mean starting the match with an extra bar of meter then.

Don't know about that.
    Yup, this is what I'm suggesting (Solo characters start with 2 bars of meters instead of one). It may not be necessary but since I continually ran into the problem using a solo character in Marvel perhaps it could be a minor issue in Skullgirls as well.
    Yup, this is what I'm suggesting (Solo characters start with 2 bars of meters instead of one). It may not be necessary but since I continually ran into the problem using a solo character in Marvel perhaps it could be a minor issue in Skullgirls as well.
    What problem? I don't see what extra starting meter would fix.

Also, all I want for christmas Valentine's birthday is a Skullgirls character reveal.
    What problem? I don't see what extra starting meter would fix.

Also, all I want for christmas Valentine's birthday is a Skullgirls character reveal.
    Basically by giving a solo character an extra meter they are guaranteed one snap-back and one normal hyper combo.
    Because a constant issue Ive ran into with using a solo character is continuously having to waste a large percentage of my meter snapping back characters in that have been tagged out.
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    Basically by giving a solo character an extra meter they are guaranteed one snap-back and one normal hyper combo.
    Because a constant issue Ive ran into with using a solo character is continuously having to waste a large percentage of my meter snapping back characters in that have been tagged out.

WHERE IS YOUR AVATAR FROM? You made me go check the official characters page.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

In 3 vs 3 wouldn't you use just as many snapbacks, if you were using them the same way?
    WHERE IS YOUR AVATAR FROM? You made me go check the official characters page.
    Oh I made it :). I like Leviathan alot.
    In 3 vs 3 wouldn't you use just as many snapbacks, if you were using them the same way?
    Well I don;t want to clutter the Q&A with anymore of my theories so Ill simply leave my point at this. I hope you don't mind the abrupt ending.
    In 3v3 I can get meter much easier than I can 1v3. Actually in a 1v3 match, meter becomes scarce rather quickly because of the inability to gain it from any place except combos. If you would like to continue this discussion feel free to PM me :). Ill happily answer any questions you may have on my theory.
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Damage scaling when comboing off running throw specifically starts at 50%.

- About the lifebars, those are good suggestions and I passed some on to the UI guy. They probably won't change before ship, though.
    - Starting meter...solo characters don't need anything like this. If you land a hit on someone who tags badly, you should just kill them, which will bring in the next character anyway. :^)
    - Painwheel buffs, she really doesn't need them. I'm bad with her, that doesn't mean she's bad herself.
    - Ground bounces off the top of my head: Cerebella's Dynamo; Parasoul's B+HK vs ground; Filia's cr.HP vs air; Fortune's rekka->overhead and air head spike; Peacock Lv3 items; Painwheel's F+HK last hit, uncharged cr.HP, installed air super and installed HK scythe; Valentine hasn't got one yet; and ______'s airthrow.

Something I've noticed: when showing SG to oldschool players, they will play for 3 or 4 hours then tell me they "can't give any real opinions or advice because they don't really know anything yet". When showing it to newer players, nerfs and buffs are immediately called for after 10-15 minutes, and everything is either amazing or terrible. I generally tend to agree with the older school of thought, in that you can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    - Starting meter...solo characters don't need anything like this. If you land a hit on someone who tags badly, you should just kill them, which will bring in the next character anyway. :^)
    Thanks for the response Mike! I hope tagging in Skullgirls is more viable to punish than in Marvel.
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Marvel....3? Still weirds me out that people call that "Marvel" nowadays. Guess I gotta get with the times, or move to Lesotho.
    Anyway, yeah, they're pretty punishable. :^)
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    Marvel....3? Still weirds me out that people call that "Marvel" nowadays. Guess I gotta get with the times, or move to Lesotho.
    Don't change for anybody Mike.
  • NegaduckNegaduck Is so S-Rank Joined: Posts: 5,189

Marvel will always be marvel 2, Not that capcom vs marvel game all the kids are playing these days. Stay golden ponyboy.
    Roll one up homie.
    My artblog - http://negaduckduckgoose.blogspot.com/
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    You mean the pronunciation or the fact that people consider MvC3 a worthy successor?

I personally call it "Mahvel" since "Marvel" would imply that the focus is solely on Marvel characters which was never the case before and certainly not now(yeah, the capcom side has a lot of balance issues in 3, but there are tons of god tiers there now).

I'm not exactly fond of the game, but I'd say it is a decent enough effort when compared to it's predecessor. It could be worse though(God, Darkstalkers IV is gonna suck ass if they make it...).
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    MvC2 will always be Marvel
    MvC3 will be Em Vee Cee Three
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    Skullgirls wont come to PC until after it has launched on consoles (and even then it hasn't technically even been announced as coming to PC AFAIK it is only "very likely").
    How much truth is there to this? :\

I assume the latter part is wrong, but what about the former? Will PC be taken seriously or is it going to look like Capcom, having stuff not released, balance patches come 3 months later etc? :S
    Why.
  • rootnoderootnode Joined: Posts: 121
    Will Skullgirls have spectator and replay modes?
    Street Fighter x Tekken is garbage.
    Will Skullgirls have spectator and replay modes?
    Lol @ modes like it's some alternate way to play.
    Yes and yes.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    How much truth is there to this? :\

I assume the latter part is wrong, but what about the former? Will PC be taken seriously or is it going to look like Capcom, having stuff not released, balance patches come 3 months later etc? :S

Well:

https://twitter.com/#!/Skullgirls/status/139031915347968000
    @Workahollic06 ...? Skullgirls is coming to PS3 and 360, and probably PC a little later.

https://twitter.com/#!/Skullgirls/status/135154427203031040
    @Otaku1995exe We don't even know if we're doing a PC version yet, so it's impossible to know what will and won't be supported now.

So yeah. I tend to not just spout off crap without at least doing a SMIDGE of research before hand or specifically stating that I'm guessing. As for support for the PC platform? Assuming it does come out, I'm betting that they will keep patches and content much closer to the same time given the fact that:
    A. this is the only game they are currently working on (no SFxT or anything like that eating resources.)
    and
    B. It is a western developer and one with much closer ties to the community at large thus much more inclined to realize that even if PC isn't their #1 priority it is not good for the community or fans to shit all over PC gamers just because they aren't AS important as the console players.

That is course is hypothetical. I also imagine that IF skullgirls comes to PC that they wont use GFWL as a platform which means that they wont need to wait weeks for certification on patches.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    If this game was not to be released on PC after all, that would be like my biggest hype kill ever.. right behind seeing Gw2 PvP :sad:
    Why.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    If this game was not to be released on PC after all, that would be my biggest hype kill after seeing Gw2 PvP :sad:

I fully agree, I really hope the game hits PC. There are so few fighting games fully supported by PC developers, everything is either poorly supported (Capcom) or exclusively non-english (Melty Blood) no longer supported (Blazblue) or only supported by fan work arounds (Arcana Heart 3, KOF 13) it'd be nice to have a developer who might actually do things in a relatively timely manner, or at least be up front when things are going to be delayed (It took WEEKS to get Sven to admit the wishy washy 3month window ETA on AE 2012 for PC and even then he made excuses and made no effort to show he even feels bad about the delay, almost acting like we should be thankful we are getting it at all. :/)
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Ectoplasm on ToastEctoplasm on Toast STEIGEND DRACHEN FAUST Joined: Posts: 87
    Is Hatred Install going to have a meter indicator in training mode like the hitstun ones?
    So Mike can we get a Leviathan trailer? :)
    Pweeeeease.
  • jaiwhite205jaiwhite205 Skullgirls PC :D Joined: Posts: 1,125
    are you guys going to re-upload combo exhibitions of your old characters? I was looking at the peacock one and it's pretty old and I want to show my friends all of the character combo vids but i dont want to show him old footage. So far he is REALLY liking Painwheel
    PSN: underK1ller
  • Broken LooseBroken Loose Time God Joined: Posts: 262
    If I snap out a character with no teammates, will the wallbounce count against my wallbounce limit?
    Human souls are weighed down by gravity!
  • RustyShacklefurdRustyShacklefurd Donkey Kong Engineer Joined: Posts: 594
    When showing it to newer players, everything is either AMAZING or terrible.

Altered for emphasis and accuracy (regarding me). I was definitely one of those guys D: . I do try to think of it from a strategic standpoint when grading something as amazing though lol. I may be a newer player, but damn it all, I know beautiful normals when I see 'em. Love me some normals! Probably be using most of them as custom assists. Just filter out the people asking for nerfs/buffs, and you're good. I'm sure even newer players (will test this game for free, need more, MORE!) can give you a bit of good advice here and there.

Also, SCR was the first time I ever used a stick, but I instantly grew accustomed to the way the Skullgirls stick felt. Whenever I used an 8 button stick it would throw me off. I liked the 6 button, smaller buttons (I think?). Definitely like the weight as well (heavy, keeps it still!). You guys plan on selling those sticks and/or know where I can get something similar (not that I can afford it). I bought a Hori v3 ($30!) after the event. It's alright, but definitely not that Skullgirls stick. Every button press on it just seemed... final. Felt good!
    PSN: RustyShacklefurd
    Steam: Weatherbee
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    If I snap out a character with no teammates, will the wallbounce count against my wallbounce limit?
    Unlimited wall bounces, unlimited ground bounces, 1 OTG iirc
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
This discussion has been closed.