Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209
    PS3 MVC2 TE. Decided to replace the PS3 PCB w/ a PS1 pad. I have an inPin and Xtokki waiting to be used. Just need some new artwork and fix up the PCB/wiring.
    arpVa.jpg

Just got this today!! I'm very excited to use this later tonight!!! Pictures (Especially from crappy cell cameras) don't do it justice. It's a lot cooler (or dick) in person.
    tO8gm.jpg
    KOF and AE 2012
  • HOOTHOOT hooot? Joined: Posts: 103
    This is probably a repost, but I'm still stoked. Looks even better in person. Please ignore my little brother's hand, a shipping mixup resulted in it being shipped to my parents' house rather than my on base address.

avh443.jpg
    Local Battles Gaming Center
    1207 Anderson Avenue
    Fort Lee, NJ 07024
    Roll through, let's session!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,494
    Don't know when I'll have this 100% modded to my specs, so I figured I might as well post it up right now anyways.

- Casing: Mad Catz Wii Tatsunoko vs Capcom case
    - Joystick: JLF with Link shaft, LS-55 spring, Octogonal-gate, Tek-Innovations black arrow dustwasher, black bat-top
    - Main buttons: 8x Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm clear screw-ins, with re-drawn SF-style punch and kick icons
    - Secondary buttons: 2x Seimitsu PS-14-DKN 24mm clear screw-ins, with an addition plastic sheet to cover up the gaps
    - Turbo panel: stock buttons, with the stock PCB removed, and installed tactile microswitches behind the Turbo and Home buttons
    - PCB: Paewang Revolution
    - Connector: Silver Neutrik USB A-B with black rubber boot
    - LED: one single ArcEye2 (currently set to red) on a light-up-on-press on my blue punch button
    joystick6_SE.jpg
    joystick6_SE_top.jpg
    joystick6_SE_buttons.jpg

Inside: Not too shabby of wiring, I don't think. The stock PCB has been removed (no sense in wasting a perfectly usable PCB just for the Home/Turbo contacts), rigged up some perf-board with some tactile microswitches for those two buttons. The two smaller daughter-boards serve specific purposes: one is connected to any of the main perf-board contacts, the other is the hex inverter for the light-up-on-press for the ArcEye2 LED.
    joystick6_SE_innards.jpg

Still to come for this stick:
    - Custom top panel from blklighting (hopefully he'll get around to my order soon)
    - New art (dependant on the new top panel)
    - Slide-switches in the Lock and LS/DP/RS slots for some specific functions I have in mind (need to find the proper sizes of switches)
    - Remove the Paewang, and put in an ImpV2/MCCthulhu/4716 setup, and replace the Neutrik USB A-B with a Switchcraft RJ-45 (eventually)
    - Replace JLF PCB with Toodles' Spark (maybe... though after that, there will be very little of the stick that's actually stock JLF)
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • HeliconsoulHeliconsoul Joined: Posts: 77
    Here's a brawlstick I decided to tart up as I didn't have a 360 stick of my own. I like to keep my sticks simple so I used matt white enamel spray paint on the faceplate and finished it with Sanwa clears (smoke and white) and a Seimitsu smoke bubble top. Very happy with the result!

WlOYQl.jpg
    gzqWHl.jpg
  • slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    I've been really lazy, and haven't even uploaded these pictures -laughs-

These are my two T5Hori sticks that I modded.

First up my Okami Stick.

30mm Purple Semitsu Clear SnapIns
    Sanwa JLF with Semitsu Purple bubbletop
    Tek-Innovations Plexi+Top Loaders
    24mm Black Sanwa Screw Ins (St/Sel/Home)
    Neutrik Cat5 Port

Internals
    Madcatz 360 SF Fightpad
    Godlike Controls MC Cthulhu Board
    IMP
    FG Widget (First install ever of it)
    I used regular LED's I got from Fry's for this one.

2010-08-07-20.20.59.jpg

2010-08-07-20.22.43.jpg
    Deadly Poison

30mm Pink Semitsu Snap Ins
    Sanwa JLF with Semitsu Pink bubbletop
    Phreakmodz Link (Not in picture)
    Tek-Innovations Plexi+Top Loaders
    24mm Pink Sanwa Screw Ins (St/Sel/Home)
    Switch to activate/deactivate Start/Select/Home
    Neutrik Cat5 Port

Internals
    Madcatz 360 SF Fightpad
    Godlike Controls MC Cthulhu Board
    IMP
    FG Widget
    KNserts in the buttons

IMG_20110201_024544.jpg
    Pink Skull Stencil, original black casing shown.

2011-07-25-18.02.59.jpg
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
  • archalienarchalien NorCal Scrub Joined: Posts: 141
    Meh, it may not be exciting to you, but the thread title contains neither the word "custom" nor "modded".
    Neither did my post..........
  • ShinryuShinryu 風林火山 Joined: Posts: 72
    Decided to give my new Fusion Ivory a more personal look, but without messing with the simple style of it...

zwmfb5.jpg
    真の格闘家への道は… まだ遠い!
    GGPO/XBL/PSN ID: ShinryuReishiki
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinryuReishiki
  • HateToWinHateToWin Joined: Posts: 79
    i finally got my art and plexis in, big thanks to deathzero for making the artwork

045_edited-1.jpg

049_edited-1.jpg
  • gmcfoshogmcfosho Gillionaire Joined: Posts: 30
    Interim art till my buddy draws me something. And I put in a round gate for some lols
    img1667mv.jpg
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
  • ThisIsMessatsuThisIsMessatsu Joined: Posts: 199
    I could understand modding a TE Rd 1 or 2, but not a more rare MadCatz stick like the MvC 2-3, FF, and CC sticks. That Gambit stick is nice.
  • johnhandyjohnhandy Joined: Posts: 193
    image1ej.th.jpgimageeyb.th.jpg
    cbpsychopad.th.jpgcommercialbreak09.th.jpgcommercialbreak33.th.jpg

Found this guy tonight. The buttons look to be 24mm but I haven't measured. As it says in bright colors, it's called the "PsychoPad K.O.", and is "HYPER Programmable 10 in 1" and works with the SNES, Saturn, and PSX, but mine only came with the PSX cable. The only information I can seem to find about this thing is the magazine ad scans above from defunctgames.com and a couple ebay listings. If anyone has extra information about this thing, I'd love to learn more.
  • McCoolMcCool Joined: Posts: 9
    Made this stick about half a year ago. 3rd stick i ever made, but still proud of it.
    Made everything myself (well, except of the artwork, it`s by tsuji santa and snyp), including the case. the photos are a llittle old, i did some minor tweaks by now, like properly mounting the pcb to the case and stuff, but you get the idea ^^
    Sanwa JLF with octo-gate and seimitsu clear buttons. PCB by a Datel ArcadePro (X360/PS3/PC)
    custom_arcadestick_vol_3_by_mc_cool_99-d47gn1s.jpg
  • PossessedGRPossessedGR Joined: Posts: 3
    This is my first custom fightstick.Parts are:Sanwa jlf stick,seimitsu semi clear buttons.I've chosen Borderlands as a theme because I love that game and wanted to do something different.Box is hand painted by Giorgos Taxidis.

gautso10@hotmail.com
    http://www.saatchionline.com/gautso10.

Hope admins don't mind for providing information about the artist.

DSCF1562.jpgDSCF1566.jpgDSCF1588.jpgDSCF1591.jpgDSCF1569.jpg20111203_145650.jpg20111203_145640.jpg

Full album here: http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/PossessedGR/Borderlands%20Fight%20Stick/
  • Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,110
    Amazing Stick and Art :tup . Could you pm me How much you paid and Where he's located?
    This is my first custom fightstick.Parts are:Sanwa jlf stick,seimitsu semi clear buttons.I've chosen Borderlands as a theme because I love that game and wanted to do something different.Box is hand painted by Giorgos Taxidis.

gautso10@hotmail.com
    http://www.saatchionline.com/gautso10.

Hope admins don't mind for providing information about the artist.
  • jinxmitchelljinxmitchell Born again n00b Joined: Posts: 1,431
    It's been a while since I added a stick to this thread. This is a HRAP3 with the top from an Amazon.co.jp exclusive HRAP2.
    2012-01-20_22-26-33_89.jpg
    Edit:
    Just added a felt bottom so it won't slide. Got the idea from EightArc sticks.
    DSCN1061.jpg
  • GlitchGlitch Kill'em All Johnny Joined: Posts: 204
    LOVE the hand painted box art, don't see to many of those around now do u? and the theme to the stick is f**king amazing cause i love that game too. now the question is if ur gonna make another for the BOARDERLANDS 2?
    ever seen fire in zero gravity, it's like liquid...slides all over everything..comes with the waves...wave after wave..it's beautiful
  • kensanitykensanity Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Here are some photos of my stick project that I just finished. Case was an old one from B15 and he was nice enough to supply the artwork. Had a friend do most of the technical details here. Sorry no pictures of inside.

Stick is very small. Gonna take some getting used to since I'm used to playing on the VLX sized ones lol..

2012-01-22120017.jpg

Don't mind the cat

2012-01-22120006.jpg

2012-01-22115931.jpg
  • NiteWalkerNiteWalker For me it was Friday. Joined: Posts: 1,668
    Nice job. :)
    I <3 compact cases.
    On a never ending quest for the perfect arcade stick.
    SimpleCase Custom Arcade Stick Enclosures
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    Oh man, compact cases, just you guys wait :3
  • NiteWalkerNiteWalker For me it was Friday. Joined: Posts: 1,668
    Oh man, compact cases, just you guys wait :3
    :wgrin:
    On a never ending quest for the perfect arcade stick.
    SimpleCase Custom Arcade Stick Enclosures
  • Norris Arcade SticksNorris Arcade Sticks StickBldr Relocation Joined: Posts: 517
    McCool, that is a classy stick.
    Thank You,

Tim & Brie Norris
    www.norrisarcadesticks.com
  • pedrothedaggerpedrothedagger Joined: Posts: 38
    406564_10100225653365708_6706693_45171667_1599118963_n.jpg

Just finished it. Pretty happy! Art's from a work friend.
  • McCoolMcCool Joined: Posts: 9
    McCool, that is a classy stick.
    Thx dude ^^

Here`s one I made for a friend. He loves Beyond good and evil, just as much as he loves tekken. so he wanted this sketch of polarityplus (http://polarityplus.deviantart.com/art/Beyond-WIP-193991235) as an artwork on his stick (I just want to credit the artist, please dont hate me for the link). I just did the coloring and the whole background. Again the case, wiring, etc is all done by myself.
    Sanwa JLF octo-gate and seimitsu clears. Datel ArcadePro (X360/PS3/PC) PCB.
    custom_arcadestick_for_pat_by_mc_cool_99-d4n8mdd.jpg
  • BunchiesBunchies Joined: Posts: 116
    Finally finished.Vvj3J.jpgdi8X3.jpg
    That's the only imperfection that I couldn't fix no matter how hard I try. I'm just going to live with it for now because my fighting is getting rusty. But yeah. there's it is.
  • xilosenxilosen Joined: Posts: 34
    Finally finished.
    That's the only imperfection that I couldn't fix no matter how hard I try. I'm just going to live with it for now because my fighting is getting rusty. But yeah. there's it is.
    Why did you plug the last two holes and not just make 6 holes since this is a custom?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,713 mod
    ^I'm guessing it was a last minute decision made when the plexi was already cut.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    ^I'm guessing it was a last minute decision made when the plexi was already cut.
    This.
    Doesn't look half bad though. Meh
  • Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,110
    It looks nice
    regardless tho.I didn't
    Feel like buying another plexi So I did the same thing on 1 of my TE's. 620e4ab1-dd6b-c219.jpg620e4ab1-dd86-958a.jpg620e4ab1-ddb8-47c1.jpg
    This.
    This.

I like how your stick turned out, no matter what they said in the other template thread. After all, at the end of the day it's YOUR stick and it shouldn't matter as long as YOU are happy.
    1207 Anderson Avenue
    Fort Lee, NJ 07024
    I like how your stick turned out, no matter what they said in the other template thread. After all, at the end of the day it's YOUR stick and it shouldn't matter as long as YOU are happy.
    I don't mind the constructive critisism to be honest, but the way that guy went about telling me was douchy to say the least. There's a diffrrence between "this is how you can improve" and "you're making my eyes bleed".
  • IgTerminalsIgTerminals CHANGE BEETLE! Joined: Posts: 214

This.
    Definitely this.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.
    Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope.
  • wiselesswiseless geek pride Joined: Posts: 1,050
    I don't mind the constructive critisism to be honest, but the way that guy went about telling me was douchy to say the least. There's a diffrrence between "this is how you can improve" and "you're making my eyes bleed".
    Keep going! If you are doing this with the right spirit, you will notice your mistakes, learn and be eager to make another one without the eventual flaws that may bother you now. The fun is to try to make it better than the last time! :D

As for the plugs, at least you were able to match their color with your paint job, which is much better than using, say, black ones. :D Personally, I guess I'd prefer to put some "dummy" buttons rather than plugs, but it's just a matter of taste. :)
    PSN ID: wiseless
    "Boring my opponents to death."
  • PossessedGRPossessedGR Joined: Posts: 3
    LOVE the hand painted box art, don't see to many of those around now do u? and the theme to the stick is f**king amazing cause i love that game too. now the question is if ur gonna make another for the BOARDERLANDS 2?

Actually I have that in mind too,to build a Borderlands 2 stick:)I'm thinking to build a double fight stick though at the moment.
  • Lex_EskobarLex_Eskobar Joined: Posts: 114
    That Capcom TE panel is dope. I really want a a stick that has that look.
    The Fighting Playboy.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

XBL: Lex Eskobar
    PSN: Lex_Eskobar
    :D
    Thanks for all the support guys. This is my second stick, and a lot went wrong with it to say the least, but I'll know now for next time. The actual functionality of the stick is solid (aside from the start button which has a short circuit). It'll probably be a while as I'm in the process of moving to another city and such, so I have to leave all my tools behind at my parents house. Rebuying everything is going to suck, but I'm going to have to to feed my addiction. I have to get back into the groove of fighting though, I'm getting sloppy because I haven't played in so long.

I'll top you one day B15. Or just buy one from you. Who knows.
    Just buy one off of him lol

I'm happy as hell with mine, and I got it used.

24et5pf.jpg

Once summer hits, I'm planning on commissioning him for another.
    1207 Anderson Avenue
    Fort Lee, NJ 07024
  • NerrageNerrage STICKS for JOY Joined: Posts: 3,349
    Just buy one off of him lol

I'm happy as hell with mine, and I got it used.

Once summer hits, I'm planning on commissioning him for another.

No way, Innovate better! Don't imitate by buying.

I'm all for healthy competition, seeing awesome sticks in a different style is cool.
  • blcplblcpl Joined: Posts: 19
    If you want to look at something that'll make your eyes bleed, you can check the poor thing that I just finished butchering modding :)
    ZHQG2.jpg
    422e2.jpg

Planned to use an acrylic panel for the top (had leftover sheets), but screwed up while cutting it; while removing the art I scratched the metal panel, so I repainted it, but it is a completely, absolutely, totally horrible job (and I have no intention to sand it down for the 4th time); I planned to make the wiring neater, but I can't solder worth a damn, and this thing is cramped as hell...
    I'll have some art printed to cover it up (someday, maybe), but right now I'm just happy to be finished with it. Oh, and at least it works, so as first tries go it could have been worse :)

A quick question: while using a clear washer, am I not supposed to use the shaft cover? I've tried it with it still on, and it locked the stick in place...