Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830
    I didn't know Gremlin Solutions have them for sell.
    Sanwa gave them to me directly.

b15sdm, how you get?
    Yours are sample you said.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified A man behind a desk Joined: Posts: 3,044
    also james get your G+ fixed ;_;
    i want a smoke one ;_;
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
  • Cjw EvolvedCjw Evolved Joined: Posts: 59
    I'm not sure where this illusion of exclusivity has come from as Gremlins (and their eBay store) have been selling them for a few months now. Extortionate, but that is standard for everything from that store.

WOW! You weren't kidding. $31 total for just the clear top & shaft cover including shipping. Scumbag exchange rates! X(
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    I got mine from Gremlin. I didn't even realise they were available until they told me when I placed a large order recently. Gremlin were kind enough to throw in a complete set of each colour balltop at no charge. £4.50 for each clear balltop compared to £4.00 for the standard bubble tops isnt bad at all.

If your within the US you may aswell wait for focusattack.com to stock up on them. International shipping is rape both ways hence why I just get most of my stuff from Gremlin.

Here is a custom stick I completed a little while back for a fellow SRK member with an Idolmaster theme.

IdolMaster1a.jpg

IdolMaster3.jpg

IdolMaster5.jpg

IdolMaster11.jpg

IdolMaster12.jpg

IdolMaster16.jpg
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,179
    I knew a stick was coming soon! That one is looking good. Saka, you've certainly got a nice stick headed your way. I'm not big on Idolmaster, but that stick looks good.
    I knew it was for sakabato24.
    Laugh.
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,961
    I got mine from Gremlin. I didn't even realise they were available until they told me when I placed a large order recently. Gremlin were kind enough to throw in a complete set of each colour balltop at no charge. £4.50 for each clear balltop compared to £4.00 for the standard bubble tops isnt bad at all.

If your within the US you may aswell wait for focusattack.com to stock up on them. International shipping is rape both ways hence why I just get most of my stuff from Gremlin.

Here is a custom stick I completed a little while back for a fellow SRK member with an Idolmaster theme.

Damn, GDLK as usual. Can't wait to see mines.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    £4.50 for each clear balltop compared to £4.00 for the standard bubble tops isnt bad at all.

That is a misleading price though.

The minimum you will pay for one of these balltops from Gremlins including tax and shipping is £9.60 ($16)

£40 ($65!) for a PS3 only Cthulhu is also quite boom.
  • SavingPrincessSavingPrincess ... thank you for playing. Joined: Posts: 611
    oihhrk.jpg
    Props to Art n' his TEK cases. I love it.
    ... thank you for playing.
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    scaled.php?server=204&filename=img20120326164019.jpg&res=medium
    scaled.php?server=94&filename=img20120326164005.jpg&res=mediumimg20120326164019.jpg

heres my replay tv/astro city big metal case (buttons on the way from focus attack )
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,961
    Props to Art n' his TEK cases. I love it.

Damn that looks clean. Where you get the white shaft cover?
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • SavingPrincessSavingPrincess ... thank you for playing. Joined: Posts: 611
    Damn that looks clean. Where you get the white shaft cover?
    Focus Attack and Canadian Joysticks sell them. Look under Qanba.
    ... thank you for playing.
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,827
    I knew it was for sakabato24.
    Laugh.

Ha. That artwork screams Saka.

@kojibeoulve > i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time!
  • Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,110
    Talking about Gremlin. :D I received The B15 Series 2 Bewlix today (Wife's gift :tup: ) and I didn't hesitate in starting working on it.Everything it's sanwa besides the Butteroj purple pearl ball top :)

620e4ab1-e922-50e8.jpg620e4ab1-e92e-8d56.jpg620e4ab1-e94a-c3d2.jpg620e4ab1-e93c-d6e4.jpg620e4ab1-e96b-d1a7.jpg620e4ab1-e98d-9bba.jpg620e4ab1-e99d-5047.jpg620e4ab1-e9aa-73f1.jpg620e4ab1-e9b3-f48f.jpg620e4ab1-e9c6-ec50.jpg
  • sakabato24sakabato24 Dat アイドルマスター Playah Joined: Posts: 1,679
    The iDOLM@STER - A game for real men. :D

Thanks to B15 for the stick. Freakin' looks great! I'll try to upload some pics later.

Twitter: sakabato24
    YT: sakabato24
    Twitch.tv: SakaPro765
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 785
    B15: Wow, the beautiful gem-shaped case and apparent simplicity of the paint job speak for themselves. Very refreshing.
    Thanks everyone :)
    That is a misleading price though.

The minimum you will pay for one of these balltops from Gremlins including tax and shipping is £9.60 ($16)

£40 ($65!) for a PS3 only Cthulhu is also quite boom.

I was only referring to the additional charge of 50p.

The strange thing is I get my parts (stick and buttons only) cheaper through gremlin than anywhere else worldwide. I have obtained quotations from a few other international sellers but when you take into account the large shipping charges, the money one would think their saving is lost. On large orders there is also the risk (almost 100%) that the consignment will be taxed aswell.

I have been there already and saved no money :(

No point quoting gremlins pcb prices in usd (lol) as anyone in their right mind would buy them direct from toodles for half the price.

@badboybrazil- I didn't know you bought that. You must come back for a newer custom even if it's just an empty case. Those were good at the time but current builds are 4 x heavier, denser, laser cut plexi and steel panels, better paint jobs. Not forgetting the threaded screws and inserts.
  • d-el.ayd-el.ay Go, Go, Super Pogo! Joined: Posts: 41
    On large orders there is also the risk (almost 100%) that the consignment will be taxed aswell.

It's not just large orders either. Just before Christmas I bought a single paewang PCB from focusattack that ended up costing me in excess of £55 (due to shipping, import duty of £9 and Parcelforce handling charge of £13.50). For those in the US that’s $84 (approx) to put it in context. If I had known it would cost this much I would have just gone with a Chimp available from Gremlin and a pad hack, not as pretty and just bit more work for me.

I wrote to parcelforce asking them to explain their handling charge and provide a tariff table and got some stock answer saying they weren't responsible for duty which wasn't even related to my question, they were just trying to hide from the fact they are robbing people left, right and centre as they just charge whatever extortionate amount the like. I gave up at this point as Parcelforce are pretty cack and I personally haven't used them since 2004 when they nearly lost a Neo Geo and about 10 games that I sold on e-bay, but that’s another story.

I also wrote to Jaleel (Focus attack) just to warn him about the additional cost as whilst I am reasonable and understand it is totally out of his control I thought he might want to know what happens to the parcels when they reach the UK and the extra costs that people incur and to try and avoid using any service that is received by Parcel Force in the UK and might cause him a headache in the future
    I have been there already and saved no money :(
    I hear you, shame no one has paewangs or PS360+ in the UK yet. I could do with some SOCD cleaner PCB's but haven't ordered them from toodles as whilst I don't mind paying duty (it is after all there to protect the economy) I do however object to paying £13.50 handling for items that are only just over the duty threshold!

Sorry for clogging this thread but thought I'd share my experience in procuring parts internationally

/rant
    It's not just large orders either. Just before Christmas I bought a single paewang PCB from focusattack that ended up costing me in excess of £55 (due to shipping, import duty of £9 and Parcelforce handling charge of £13.50). For those in the US that’s $84 (approx) to put it in context. If I had known it would cost this much I would have just gone with a Chimp available from Gremlin and a pad hack, not as pretty and just bit more work for me.

I wrote to parcelforce asking them to explain their handling charge and provide a tariff table and got some stock answer saying they weren't responsible for duty which wasn't even related to my question, they were just trying to hide from the fact they are robbing people left, right and centre as they just charge whatever extortionate amount the like. I gave up at this point as Parcelforce are pretty cack and I personally haven't used them since 2004 when they nearly lost a Neo Geo and about 10 games that I sold on e-bay, but that’s another story.

I also wrote to Jaleel (Focus attack) just to warn him about the additional cost as whilst I am reasonable and understand it is totally out of his control I thought he might want to know what happens to the parcels when they reach the UK and the extra costs that people incur and to try and avoid using any service that is received by Parcel Force in the UK and might cause him a headache in the future

I hear you, shame no one has paewangs or PS360+ in the UK yet. I could do with some SOCD cleaner PCB's but haven't ordered them from toodles as whilst I don't mind paying duty (it is after all there to protect the economy) I do however object to paying £13.50 handling for items that are only just over the duty threshold!

Sorry for clogging this thread but thought I'd share my experience in procuring parts internationally

/rant

I totally understand where your coming from. I ordered a load of paewangs from Focusattack but got him to declare the value stupidly low to hopefully avoid any customs but parcelforce still did their thing and added their charges. Im not mad though as I got a very good price from Jaleel as I bought quite alot in one go. Also lol @ parcelforce handling charge.

The really annoying thing is they will only release the goods once you have paid and tell you to try and claim it back by calling a telephone number that doesnt work and an email address that bounces back an automated response telling you that the email address is no longer running. Parcelforce= scam.

If you ever need Paewangs I got a shed load here and can sell them to you (boxed brand new or pcb only) if you ever need any (uk only of course).

Anyway, back to custom sticks

Dude, you have gone about it in completely the wrong way.

You can get Paewang boards in the UK for around the £30 price. They are marketed as Datel ArcadePro sticks in the West and cost a fraction of the price.

As for your other needs, I currently sell a large selection of custom PCB's in the UK and will be selling the brand new PS360+ untis. A much larger and up to date selection than Gremlins. Also carry new joysticks, buttons, and other modding accessories. I am gunning for that company because they currently enjoy a monopoly on the UK market so they can get away with charging very high prices. Once my own business becomes official then at the very least it will force Gremlins to lower their prices to compete.

The strange thing is I get my parts (stick and buttons only) cheaper through gremlin than anywhere else worldwide. I have obtained quotations from a few other international sellers but when you take into account the large shipping charges, the money one would think their saving is lost. On large orders there is also the risk (almost 100%) that the consignment will be taxed aswell.

I have been there already and saved no money

My own experience has been the opposite when ordering from China, Japan, US, and Thailand. Even with shipping costs, when ordered in bulk there has been a significant lower price than if going by Gremlins alone.

*shrugs*
  • Blazing StarBlazing Star Joined: Posts: 19
    Agreed. Gremlin don't add VAT on until the very last part of the transaction which is a bit craft too if you ask me.
    @badboybrazil- I didn't know you bought that. You must come back for a newer custom even if it's just an empty case. Those were good at the time but current builds are 4 x heavier, denser, laser cut plexi and steel panels, better paint jobs. Not forgetting the threaded screws and inserts.
    I know and I will but Bewlix Series 1&2 are limited edition and the only ones that you made in limited run "Series" before starting to dedicated exclusive in custom orders. So like the Female Fatale TE,Comic Con TE,VLX,HSS-0130.... their are rare :) specially Series 2 that it's Gremlin exclusive. I don't even think anyone has it on the US. :tup:
    Lol - all B15's sticks could be described as exclusives!
    Lol - all B15's sticks could be described as exclusives!
    Lol- Custom orders and limited run "series" are 2 different things. Series you can collect them all!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,500
    Finally get the chance to post this up, but I hope this doesn't get drowned out, considering this is posted on the same page as not one, but TWO B15 sticks AND a Byrdo stick.

This is the sister-stick to the Neptune-stick I posted about 4 months ago (http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/check-out-my-new-arcade-stick-no-image-quoting.75228/page-443#post-6251083 ); the build is exactly the same.

This stick was fully functional about 3-1/2 months ago, but didn't have the bottom panel completed (I was lazy to drill out my metal panel, so I had an ABS panel there as a stand-in... for 3-1/2 months). As expected, this one is named the "Sylvia-stick".

Outside:
    - Artwork is Sylvia Christel from "No More Heroes"; main artwork on the left, with a faint black & white outlined shot on the right side
    - Top panel is 14"x8.5" (legal-size paper in landscape view), casing is 15.5"x10"
    - Wooden case, painted with a hammered-metal-texture gloss black (or so the can says; it doesn't look quite that black)
    - All Seimitsu screw-in buttons; color-swapped parts for the most commonly used buttons
    - JLF with GT-Y octogonal restrictor with standard Sanwa shaft- and dust-covers, with a Sanwa red bat-top
    - Layout is my "straight-Viewlix", with all the buttons on the face
    joystick4_sylvia.jpg

Topside:
    - Switchcraft RJ-45 pass-through with Neutrik rubber boot on the stick-side
    - Unused 24mm hole covered by a blank Neutrik plate with rubber boot on the button side, both for visual symmetry and future expansion of connectors
    - Exactly 2" tall (not counting the rubber feet)
    joystick4_sylvia_top.jpg

Bottom:
    - 1/4" rubber feet
    - Metal panel with polycarbonate covering
    - Faint artwork of Sylvia Christel (that circular thing in the middle is the reflection of my pot-light on my ceiling)
    joystick4_sylvia_bottom.jpg
    Clearer (but uglier) shot with flash: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/tidalwav/joysticks/JP-sticks/joystick4_sylvia_bottom2.jpg

Inside:
    - PCBs: Imp V2, MC Cthulhu, MadCatz 4716 controller
    - All PCBs are mounted on an ABS plastic "mounting panel"
    - Extra mounting panel available for additional PCBs
    - Threaded inserts for all top and bottom panel screws
    - Funny, this is NEWER than my Neptune-stick, with the exact same innards, but my wiring is messier...
    joystick4_sylvia_innards.jpg
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    I know and I will but Bewlix Series 1&2 are limited edition and the only ones that you made in limited run "Series" before starting to dedicated exclusive in custom orders. So like the Female Fatale TE,Comic Con TE,VLX,HSS-0130.... their are rare :) specially Series 2 that it's Gremlin exclusive. I don't even think anyone has it on the US. :tup:

I have it.
    And the Series 1.
  • apple arcadeapple arcade Joined: Posts: 345
    And My newest Stick for myself.
    This is my new box layout. I made 4 boxes all the same just different corner routing.

New size 16"x8" lap stick
    Blue wood stain on Pine. inside blue/black lacquer theme.

Paewang controller
    FG Widget LED controller
    ARCEye2 LEDs
    Seimitsu 30mm clear screw-in buttons
    JLF joystick with Dark Blue ball top, Toodles round gate, and LS-33 Spring Mod.
    Neutrik USB QC
    Custom LED USB cable with Neutrik housing from Project GiantSword.
    Shadaloo Feet.

I still playing with sleeving so wiring is 90% done. the ground nest will be replaced with a single wire hop when i get my sleeving in.

If you ever want to sell this, please send me a PM. that stick is so badass
    XBL = APPLE 01 DOJ
  • symonds85symonds85 Joined: Posts: 179
    Everyone has such a awesome sticks. I am getting my parts this weekend from Nitewalker, so hopefully I will be able to upload my stick.
    I have it.
    And the Series 1.
    Nice :). Do you have a picture of both together? I would like to see the difference between them.
  • Drop OneDrop One Accepting limited commissions Joined: Posts: 425
    did this a while ago, a friend of mine took a few pics for me.
    It has an LED mod by networkingyuppy. (not at the time this picture was taken.)

also, my headphones are awesome.

458947_10150902514317942_802102941_12982633_1239968159_o.jpg
    But they're just Sony headphones..
  • MuffmanMuffman VIVA LA REVOLUCION DE LOS SEIS BOTONES!!! Joined: Posts: 500
    A thread needs to me made just for pics of sticks with headphones!!!
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Installed some of my led lit red and blue pearl balls on my mame cab.....

953326e4.jpg

• TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    still no sanwa/seimitsu love for bat top users though.... guess im going to have to learn how to whittle or something.....
    That'll be 20 dollars, welcome to Korea nikka.

http://etokki.com/Myoungshin-Fanta-stick-Green
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.

I can contribute. Make it so.
  • MuffmanMuffman VIVA LA REVOLUCION DE LOS SEIS BOTONES!!! Joined: Posts: 500
    I can contribute. Make it so.
    I was waiting to get my stick, but I think will start if off now. = ]
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    that arranged can be [/russian accent]

03272012474.jpg
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    My pic came out bad. :(

LS-58-01 and Sanwa OBSF-30RG. 360 Fightpad + IMP v2 inside.

mKbf
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    My pic came out bad. :(

LS-58-01 and Sanwa OBSF-30RG. 360 Fightpad + IMP v2 inside.
    always wanted to get a v3sa. how are those?
    heard people say they felt flimsy and lightweight for its price when it just came out.

also what kinda headphones are those? looks comfy
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    V3-SA is the most comfortable stick I've owned and I've owned a fair few.

TE, VSHG, Agetec, Namco, various other HRAP (EX-SE, 2).

I don't think it's flimsy or lightweight, it's just not as heavy as a TE/VSHG/regular HRAP.

Headphones are AKG K701.